Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhorrg View Post
    Horde would actually dominate win rates if not for the significant Alliance advantage on IoC.
    To hell with IoC, I want the AV balance back,

Fuck that bridge, and fuck open top bunkers in LoS of all the archers for capping the flag

"The grass is always greener on the other side"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    Horde would actually dominate win rates if not for the significant Alliance advantage on IoC.
    Alterac Valley used to be more lopsided too, guess they have to balance ioc better.

I'm usually extremely bitter about these things, but good lord, Alliance has really been doing well since Legion launched (I'm not complaining).

I'm putting it down to a lot of people rerolling Horde again. I doubt it'll last for long though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Alterac Valley used to be more lopsided too, guess they have to balance ioc better.
    I don't think it's really imbalance. The issue is that the Alliance almost always goes Harbour for the glaives. Since they're the 'glass cannon' siege engine, if nobody deals with said glaives they'll breach the gate much faster even if Horde get Workshop/Hanger. Unfortunately for the Horde, most games only see 1-2 Rogues try and actually destroy the glaives (which 'can' and does work if not enough people defend them).

If the Horde destroys the glaives, it's usually their win because people have got so used to relying on that strategy. It's not so much 'imbalance' as it is behaviours people need to shake.
    Last edited by Bigby; 2016-09-11 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    I'm usually extremely bitter about these things, but good lord, Alliance has really been doing well since Legion launched (I'm not complaining).

I'm putting it down to a lot of people rerolling Horde again. I doubt it'll last for long though.

I don't think it's really imbalance. The issue is that the Alliance almost always goes Harbour for the glaives. Since they're the 'glass cannon' siege engine, if nobody deals with said glaives they'll breach the gate much faster even if Horde get Workshop/Hanger. Unfortunately for the Horde, most games only see 1-2 Rogues try and actually destroy the glaives (which 'can' and does work if not enough people defend them).

If the Horde destroys the glaives, it's usually their win because people have got so used to relying on that strategy. It's not so much 'imbalance' as it is behaviours people need to shake.
    Level design informs player strategy, odds are if the Alliance are naturally falling into a winning strategy and the Horde are constantly falling into a losing strategy that there is actually a subtle imbalance in the level design.

A +/-10% difference in win/loss can be explained by differences in strategy, a 33% difference is level design.

That's so funny, I actually lost all the time on Alliance and since transferring over to Horde I have now won like 80% of my BG matches, and Horde seems a LOT more coordinated. I'm not that bad I thought, I have 2200 rbg rating so I just assumed it was just Alliance in general. Have not regretted going Horde since then; except they have longer queue times.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

10+ Year Old Account
    Trick is to put AV and IoC on your black list if you're a Horde.

With that said, I still lose most of my matches as horde. I'd say my win rate's been around 35%. Maybe I'm just unlucky. Also, no, it's not because I'm bad. I top the chart on both sides in healing about 90% of the matches I'm in.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Trick is to put AV and IoC on your black list if you're a Horde.

With that said, I still lose most of my matches as horde. I'd say my win rate's been around 35%. Maybe I'm just unlucky. Also, no, it's not because I'm bad. I top the chart on both sides in healing about 90% of the matches I'm in.
    topping the chart only means you follow the herd.. which is the biggest problem with a lot of players in bg's.. they dont go where they're needed. they run around like sheep looking to get top kb's or dmg done.

I think its just the time of day when it comes to pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hallucigenocide View Post
    topping the chart only means you follow the herd.. which is the biggest problem with a lot of players in bg's.. they dont go where they're needed. they run around like sheep looking to get top kb's or dmg done.
    Well it's a team game. If you want to stray and go do shit by yourself then roll a Rogue or Druid and ninja cap. I can't do that as a healer, I have to be with those who need healing.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Well it's a team game. If you want to stray and go do shit by yourself then roll a Rogue or Druid and ninja cap. I can't do that as a healer, I have to be with those who need healing.
    if your team mates does this you tell them to go somewhere else and be usefull or you're just as bad.

in most cases you just need 2 dps with you and you take whatever node you want as a healer.
    Last edited by Lex Icon; 2016-09-12 at 09:36 PM.

You call a +/- 3% ratio "dominating"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hallucigenocide View Post
    if your team mates does this you tell them to go somewhere else and be usefull or you're just as bad.
    LOL! You must have never done BGs before. If you tell anyone what to do, especially "be useful pls" they'll just laugh/ignore you while still doing their own thing. If you want coordination, join a premade.

LOL! You must have never done BGs before. If you tell anyone what to do, especially "be useful pls" they'll just laugh/ignore you while still doing their own thing. If you want coordination, join a premade.
    works for me.. people rarely do what they're supposed to do unless someone tells them. i do not do premades unless some drunken weekend runs with the guild counts.

As you can see from this graph win rates are almost 50/50 in US battlegroups.
    Thats good for the US, on my addon it says deepwind gorge at 16% winrate. And EotS at 28%. And ofc IoC 37%. Disabled Deepwind and IoC because EotS seems to not pop up very often actually. And when i enable IoC it is like every 2nd BG is this crap... SotA tho... i have 70% winrate as Horde. Arathi 60%, WSG, 60%.

After seeing Horde play completely noob in AB against an experienced Alliance team I transferred and have won 100% of my games, except for 1 laggy AV. I wasn't even mad; just did what needed to be done

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    You call a +/- 3% ratio "dominating"?
    I consider Horde having the win advantage in the majority of BGs to be dominating.

Sure, we don't dominate as much as we did before the belf plague but we still have more bgs that we win over 50% of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    Thats good for the US, on my addon it says deepwind gorge at 16% winrate. And EotS at 28%. And ofc IoC 37%. Disabled Deepwind and IoC because EotS seems to not pop up very often actually. And when i enable IoC it is like every 2nd BG is this crap... SotA tho... i have 70% winrate as Horde. Arathi 60%, WSG, 60%.

EU has Horde winning more often as well.

Deleted
    personally i stopped doing bg's when they gave skrims, 150 per 2min win. it made bg's not even worth stepping in to

This is actually very telling as to why you are losing a lot more than normal. If you are healing people doing the wrong thing then you are actively putting your own team in the hole. That's right I said that you are actively trying to lose if you are healing people doing the wrong thing. I'll admit that this has happened to me several times and it will probably continue to happen because as a healer it is easy to tunnel vision health bars and just heal as much you can.

I'll give you an example. WSG - In the opening game instead of going to the flag room and helping whoever will be picking up the flag I decided controlling mid would be better. Some other people got into a scrap so I helped them to try and control mid. Only in this case we never wrestled control and the people fighting never cared what was happening with the flag and before I knew it was 2-0. Once I got my ass in gear we capped 1 flag but lost 2-1. In this case I have to take responsibility for my actions. For the first half of the game I was actually being detrimental to my own team by HEALING the wrong people.

To me this is what it sounds like you are doing. There are times yes your team is being dumb and doing the wrong thing but then who is more foolish the fool or the fool who follows him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    This is actually very telling as to why you are losing a lot more than normal. If you are healing people doing the wrong thing then you are actively putting your own team in the hole. That's right I said that you are actively trying to lose if you are healing people doing the wrong thing. I'll admit that this has happened to me several times and it will probably continue to happen because as a healer it is easy to tunnel vision health bars and just heal as much you can.

I'll give you an example. WSG - In the opening game instead of going to the flag room and helping whoever will be picking up the flag I decided controlling mid would be better. Some other people got into a scrap so I helped them to try and control mid. Only in this case we never wrestled control and the people fighting never cared what was happening with the flag and before I knew it was 2-0. Once I got my ass in gear we capped 1 flag but lost 2-1. In this case I have to take responsibility for my actions. For the first half of the game I was actually being detrimental to my own team by HEALING the wrong people.

To me this is what it sounds like you are doing. There are times yes your team is being dumb and doing the wrong thing but then who is more foolish the fool or the fool who follows him.
    I disagree with your opinions.