Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    anyone tried farming with boon of the gemfinder?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    idk what empathy is
    Another human ask for your help. You can help him and it would cost you nothing and no harm done to you. Yet you refuse because "I dont want to lol". Thats what makes him jerk.

Do you guys run up to random people on the street and ask them for money just because they have some and then get nasty and call names when they say no? Just wondering...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    The Lens make you able to see a hidden treasure chest in the scenario, available to anyone. Seems unlikely.

Got it yesterday so, we'll see anyway
    I have the lens..u just get a new type of withered..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Another human ask for your help. You can help him and it would cost you nothing and no harm done to you. Yet you refuse because "I dont want to lol". Thats what makes him jerk.
    You don't require help though you can do it yourself. If I spent hours figuring out something no one else had yet I wouldn't just tell everyone how to do it because they are lazy and don't know how to think on their own two feet. On the other hand if their is something that actually requires extra people to do then sure he would be a jerk for not helping but this doesn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    the invis chest I used my 5 withered on had an upgrade for my army

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    Do you guys run up to random people on the street and ask them for money just because they have some and then get nasty and call names when they say no? Just wondering...
    This isn't really fair comparison, is it? You see a guy on the street, he has a nice shirt. You decide to go and ask where did he buy it because none of the stores you have visited has those. The guy says "No, i'm not going to tell you where i bought my shirt". What would you think about a person like that?

Not that i'm complaining about Nay's silence on this. I think it's kinda fun to try and come out with a solution myself. I understand why him on this matter and i understand that he doesn't need to say anything if he so chooses.

Someone in the real world asking me for help, compared to finding a hidden/secret appearance for a weapon in a game are two different things. Try to keep up buddy.
    Besides, the first messages the guy got were death threats and insults.
    if that happened to me I wouldn't even give a hint, fuck that I'd give people misleading hints. Fortunately that has not happened to me, so I can sit here and try to work together to find it with the other people here.
    Game or not you are still dealing with real human beings. Try to keep up buddy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    Bad example. Noone wants any money from him. It would cost him nothing.

You ask stranger for directions. He can tell you but instead he tells you to fuck off. Would you think he is jerk? Just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Game or not you are still dealing with real human beings. Try to keep up buddy

- - - Updated - - -

Bad example. Noone wants any money from him. It would cost him nothing.

You ask stranger for directions. He can tell you but instead he tells you to fuck off. Would you think he is jerk? Just wondering
    Your example is also bad because it's a mystery. For (different) example me and my friends went to the Escape Room. And after we left and successfuly escaped (first to ever do so in time) another group asked us how to finish it right before they went in. Do you think we told them? No.

You still can't compare that to Nay not telling us. Because one he's told someone it will spread like wildfire and just about every DH will wear it, where as the guy telling where he got the shirt most likely will never see the guy who asked him and will most likely, rarely ever see anyone else with it.
    And your point is...what exactly?

None of that even come close to forming a valid point how blocking the information isn't a dick move. I personally think the appearance looks silly but some people obviously care so it seems like a pretty low move to me. I am glad groups looking for appearances for other weapons are working together to work through the clues and not being egotistical asses about it.

Deleted
    [SPOIL]

sorry for my english its not my 1st langage.
    put it here may it will help u.

Alas, poor Varedis. We knew him well... but do not mourn him. His death was far too swift and merciful for a traitor who spilled so much Illidari blood.

These weapons of his are truly dangerous, infused with the essence of his eredar master, Kil'jaeden. They will try to make you the Deceiver's new puppet. Do not give in to weakness as Varedis did.

Twinblades of the Deceiver, Part One

These weapons were owned by Varedis Felsoul. He was an Illidari, one of the finest demon hunters ever to join our ranks.

And then he betrayed us all. The power in these weapons was Varedis's reward for turning on his brothers and sisters and joining the army he had once sworn to defeat. We cannot change what he did. But we can avenge every drop of blood that he spilled on the Legion's behalf, and with these warglaives, we can return the favor a thousand times over.

With a little luck, these weapons will one day be turned against Varedis's master.

Twinblades of the Deceiver, Part Two

Let us not forget what Varedis Felsoul accomplished. He was among the first five blood elves sent by the crown prince Kael'thas Sunstrider to train with Lord Illidan Stormrage as demon hunters. It was a brutal affair. Three of those elves died in training, and a fourth was lost to madness.

Only Varedis survived. The hunger to kill demons was strong within him, too strong to let him fall before he had tasted the Legion's blood. He sacrificed his eyes with a smile and without even flinching at the pain.

He was-he seemed to be-one of the most dedicated souls ever to challenge the Burning Legion.

Twinblades of the Deceiver, Part Three

Once Varedis had earned his place among the Illidari, his training continued. It was a trial by fire. Inexperienced demon hunters did not have the luxury of studying for years in libraries or classrooms before entering combat. Fresh recruits were sent out on dangerous missions, accompanied by experienced mentors.

Varedis trained with three of Illidan's best fighters. Time and time again, his blades joined theirs in spilling demonic blood across the cosmos.

Within a year, Varedis had surpassed his mentors and was helping other recruits survive their first contacts with the Legion. He had become truly effective, occasionally accompanying Lord Illidan himself on his most important journeys.

Twinblades of the Deceiver, Part Four

Varedis's most fateful mission was a solo task. On Outland, Lord Illidan had heard too many reports that the remnants of the Shadow Council were active. Varedis was dispatched to scout for--and steal--any information he could find.

Little blood was spilled that day. Varedis snuck into a cave complex inhabited by Shadow Council acolytes without drawing attention to himself. He found something odd, a book that radiated with demonic essence. Inside was priceless information about the nature of demons, their weaknesses, and their habits. This tome, the Book of Fel Names, contained within it tremendous power.

And it was impossible to remove. The Shadow Council had enchanted it in ways that stopped Varedis from taking it from the cave.

Thinking quickly, Varedis simply imbibed as much of the book's power as he could. He left it in place, and the Shadow Council had no idea an Illidari had even been there.

Lord Illidan praised him for his achievement. After all, using the demons' own power against them was the central purpose of a demon hunter. Varedis's pride swelled.

Twinblades of the Deceiver, Part Five

Varedis enjoyed his heightened power for years, using it to become a stinging thorn in the Burning Legion's side. He could sense the movement of demons before he saw it happen; he understood what they were thinking before they acted.

But Varedis did not know that he had not stolen the book's power. He had simply become linked to it.

When the Burning Legion invaded Outland, chaos erupted. Illidan put his final plans into effect and called upon all Illidari to help him.

Champions of the Horde and the Alliance stormed through the Dark Portal to stave off the Burning Legion's assault. They confronted members of the Shadow Council and stole the Book of Fel Names, breaking the enchantments that had held it in place.

This would prove to be Varedis's downfall.
    Twinblades of the Deceiver, Part Six

Neither the Horde nor the Alliance understood Illidan's plans. They believed him to be an ally of the Legion. Acting upon this belief, they laid siege to the Black Temple. Many Illidari tried to stand in their way. Varedis was one of them.

But he was confronted by powerful enemies who possessed the Book of Fel Names. They began to destroy the book, page by page, and Varedis was stunned to realize that the book's destruction was weakening him. His borrowed demonic power faded quickly.

Varedis died in the Black Temple. His soul, imbued with demonic energy, did not rest easily in oblivion. It was whisked away to the Twisting Nether.

Twinblades of the Deceiver, Part Seven

It is a risk all demon hunters face. By stealing the demons' power, our souls may return to their domain--and their control--after we fall in battle.

This was Varedis Felsoul's fate. Kil'jaeden himself claimed his soul and heaped endless torment upon him.

Varedis resisted for a time. It was not the pain that broke his spirit. Kil'jaeden is called the Deceiver for a reason, after all. The eredar lord played upon his shock from that battle in the Black Temple. Champions had been prepared to face Varedis; who had told them about his borrowed power?

It had not been demons, certainly. The Legion would have preferred to have the Book of Fel Names back intact. It had not been the Shadow Council, for the same reason. ""It must have been the Illidari,"" Kil'jaeden told him. ""Only they knew of your power. They betrayed you.""

Varedis would come to believe him.

Twinblades of the Deceiver, Part Eight

Once Kil'jaeden had poisoned Varedis's mind, he began to tempt the fallen Illidari. The demon hunter had only tasted the Legion's true power. Should Varedis pledge himself to the Burning Legion, he would receive the full measure.

Varedis agreed, breaking every one of his oaths and betraying every one of his comrades.

Kil'jaeden had special plans for him. With the help of other eredar, Kil'jaeden conducted a dangerous, agonizing ritual, infusing a small part of his soul into Varedis's spirit. When the ritual was complete, Varedis was not a demon hunter but a demon, loyal to the Burning Legion and hungry for vengeance.

Varedis found that his weapons, these warglaives, had also been changed. The ritual had imbued them with another slice of Kil'jaeden's astonishing power.
    Twinblades of the Deceiver, Part Nine

In the years after Varedis's conversion, he became a terror to all who might oppose the Burning Legion. World after world, city after city, innocent after innocent, he was sent to spill blood.

Often he worked quietly. Secretly. The Burning Legion did not want any on Azeroth to know his true potential.

But the Legion did allow him some satisfaction from time to time. Those few among the Illidari who had escaped after Illidan's death had fled to the corners of Outland and Azeroth. Varedis was dispatched to hunt them down, one by one. It was a task he relished. They had betrayed him, in his mind.

Twinblades of the Deceiver, Part Ten

For a long time, we Illidari did not know who was hunting us. It was not until the Legion's arrival on the Broken Isles that he finally revealed himself.

When the Vault of the Wardens was raided, a shadow was seen in the sky. Someone swooped down again and again, slaughtering the newly freed Illidari who were trying to escape. That was Varedis Felsoul. He could not resist the opportunity to butcher so many of us.

He likely had a tactical reason for doing so. His actions alerted us to his presence. He knew somebody would come for him, one of the strongest among the Illidari, and he believed he could set a trap to kill them.

Perhaps he regretted that decision in his last moments.

Twinblades of the Deceiver, Part Eleven

Let Varedis's story be a warning. He was dedicated, he was powerful, he was clever, and he was effective... and yet his will could not survive the thought that he had been betrayed by one of his own. No Illidari is without weakness. No Illidari is immune to temptation.

The Burning Legion knows this. Whatever flaw you have, the Legion will test it.

But until that day, let them fear us once again. These warglaives hold a measure of Kil'jaeden's power, so he was undoubtedly pleased to know that our kind was dying to their blades.

He will not be so pleased to see what we will do with these weapons next.

this is the book that we have in our class hall.

im at work so cant investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by tapczan100 View Post
    Your example is also bad because it's a mystery. For (different) example me and my friends went to the Escape Room. And after we left and successfuly escaped (first to ever do so in time) another group asked us how to finish it right before they went in. Do you think we told them? No.
    Quite there invalid comparison there. If people want that mystery, there is nothing forcing them to look it up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    And your point is...what exactly?

None of that even come close to forming a valid point how blocking the information isn't a dick move. I personally think the appearance looks silly but some people obviously care so it seems like a pretty low move to me. I am glad groups looking for appearances for other weapons are working together to work through the clues and not being egotistical asses about it.
    Exactly. in every bloody singleplayer game, like dark souls, people share every kind of information, secret weapons, things and such. There should be no difference in multiplayer except for pure dickiness.

Deleted
    how is he blocking the information? Who says information HAS to be shared?
    you're free to go look for the appearance if you want, no one is stopping you.
    If he would just not say *anything* we could all just ignore him, instead he's dropping extremely vague hints sending people on a wild goose chase, that is what annoys me personally about this whole thing.
    (That and people pretending this a "mystery" to be solved, it's not a mystery, it's a needle in haystack, a needle no one except Nay knows what it looks like because he was lucky enough to stumble across it.)

How were his hints extremely vague? He literally narrowed it down to a single location - Suramar (which saves a lot of time), said that none of the DH abilities are needed (also saves a lot of time), that you don't need to grind mobs (which also saved a lot of time). That is huge information without spoiling everything.
    He also said it's not underwater and you don't need specific shoulder enchants. Which also is a huge time save.

Deleted
    Enough already with the offtopic discussion about if he should share the information or not.
    I know you people debate about crap just for the sake of it but could you please take this to another thread? ._.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah it's huge information...... if he isn't a lying scumbag trolling everyone and wasting our time.

There are thousands of demon hunters scouting Suramar all day and all night, surely more people would have found the skin by now. All of his hints were very VERY vague, to the point where they sounded extremely questionable.

I'm guessing Nay cheesed it, got the skin via GM and is lying to everyone... OR he got it legit but is lying with his hints, to make sure we don't find it.

Assuming Nay is being honest about his hints would be super nice if he could atleast give us an idea what were looking for, like is the intractable a book? or a specific dialogue from an npc who points towards the charm? I mean yeah its alot of info but atleast were not just dashing around like chickens with our heads cut off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    People lead you to your death in dark souls and get upvoted.
    rarely, most people will tell you whats what
    how is he blocking the information? Who says information HAS to be shared?
    you're free to go look for the appearance if you want, no one is stopping you.

- - - Updated - - -

So because OTHER people share in a different game, it automatically obligates him to share as well?
    He found this appearance on his own, he wasn't in a group of people like on the discord channel. Once again you feel entitled to something.
    ????? what it has to do with games, it has to do with human decency and aspect of mmo that gathers autistic folk with no empathy nor understanding, not to mention it is simply dickish? entitled? yah, sure I'm entitled to human beings acting like humans. I don't think that there is anyone rising thumbs for scum who deny large playerbase something just to be da cool. sure, the guy got it, maybe he is first, maybe second, time to share it, that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Demon View Post
    Alright bud, you put on your tinfoil hat and venture out to Helheim or whatever, and I'll follow the few clues we got from someone that actually has the skin.
    Someone who doesn't actually want to share the method and appears to have way more interest in throwing people off than actually helping.

Smart and gullible.