Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    Pretty stupid that you need AK levels for these. Have people searching the continent for weeks before they could even come across anything relevant. Blizz should just come out and say that an AK lvl is needed before they become attainable to stop us from wasting time.
    Do you want Blizzard to give you a handjob as well?

Ahh, back in my day, secrets within games took effort and time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiphar View Post

Much like the speculations about The Ashbringer back in vanilla. I know a paladin who dedicated most of his out of raid playtime searching for clues.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The paladin corrupted ashrbinger skin was discovered on the legion beta yesterday, requires AK 14 from memory. SO perhaps someone who has a high AK on beta could experiment with the top theories right now

moonmages
    archaeology
    boon of the gemfinder

Getting it given to you for free at no effort after a time gate isn't exactly putting in any effort to find it.

Kosumoth the hungering took effort and dedication to figure out and deal with. Hard to imagine how people figured that crap out and found all those orbs in the right order. But being spoon fed shit on a time gate? Utterly meaningless. Same reason the legendaries from the last few expansions didn't mean anything because all you had to do was casually kill LFR bosses and it was gradually working towards it.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Has anyone figured out what this pool is for in felsoul? if anything?

http: //imgur.com/Jh5RvVv

Quote Originally Posted by Rankstar View Post
    The paladin corrupted ashrbinger skin was discovered on the legion beta yesterday, requires AK 14 from memory. SO perhaps someone who has a high AK on beta could experiment with the top theories right now

moonmages
    archaeology
    boon of the gemfinder
    Problem with that is on beta, the candrael's charm had a super high drop chance the entire time from any mob in suramar so pretty much any havoc dh with their class campaign completed got it to drop. No idea if it was gated behind AK on beta or not. So there's no way to go back and start from say AK 5

Quote Originally Posted by Rankstar View Post

moonmages
    archaeology
    boon of the gemfinder
    Maybe is tied to the amount of AP gained as opposed to AK, i.e. we need 100,000 AP to unlock some of the gear in order hall.

It's one thing to actually try a puzzle out a solution to figure out how to get something. It's another when you're unknowingly locked behind a gate constantly thinking of, and trying things, when it could literally be unobtainable at this very moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrosis View Post
    It's one thing to actually try a puzzle out a solution to figure out how to get something. It's another when you're unknowingly locked behind a gate constantly thinking of, and trying things, when it could literally be unobtainable at this very moment.
    And that's why it's fantastic, actually. There is literally a million possibilities and we don't have a single clue how. That's how "hidden" things work in RPGs.

I feel like if you were a little older than 18 and experienced things like final fantasy and zelda back in the day you'd have had a breakdown.

And that's why it's fantastic, actually. There is literally a million possibilities and we don't have a single clue how. That's how "hidden" things work in RPGs.

I feel like if you were a little older than 18 and experienced things like final fantasy and zelda back in the day you'd have had a breakdown.
    To be fair, I was one of the people back in the 80s who went through there burning every single bush in legend of zelda with my candle, pushing every single block in every direction, bombing every segment of wall...

Nothing time gated you though. The secrets were either there or they weren't. Yeah sometimes you needed a new item to try new things like the candle or the bombs, but there wasn't some bush that you could burn only AFTER doing a certain other, unrelated thing.

Time gating is something i've always been opposed to and I feel like it probably is a time gate at this point and once we hit that critical point, I feel like it is going to be handed to you on a silver platter and require no work or effort.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Hey, I actually did this [The Book of Fel Names] quest yesterday after reading the data mined artifact notes, farmed the Aldor rep did the annoying Khadgars servent around Shat, flew all over the place... it led to nothing, [The Book of Fel Names] is simply used to to make Varedis killable to a level 70 player because he goes into metamorphasis during the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    To be fair, I was one of the people back in the 80s who went through there burning every single bush in legend of zelda with my candle, pushing every single block in every direction, bombing every segment of wall...
    Time gating is something i've always been opposed to and I feel like it probably is a time gate at this point and once we hit that critical point, I feel like it is going to be handed to you on a silver platter and require no work or effort.
    yeah this, i played all of the original zelda and pokemon games, lots of hidden things in those games that took time explore, but it was fun because you knew it was there somewhere. It feels like we are hunting for this charm when we should really just wait 2-3 weeks just in case its AK

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post

Nothing time gated you though. The secrets were either there or they weren't. Yeah sometimes you needed a new item to try new things like the candle or the bombs, but there wasn't some bush that you could burn only AFTER doing a certain other, unrelated thing.

And the biggest issue with the time gating, and not at least letting us know it's time gated, is you'll have to keep every single possible theory on the back burner and try them every time something critical occurs with your character. Be it a new Artifact Knowledge level, new Artifact trait, clearing a raid. You name it, it could be gating it. And you can never rule out any theories. You may just be wasting so much time accomplishing absolutely nothing.

I, too, remember the days of hitting an insanely esoteric progress-blocking puzzle in games like Metroid and needing to wait for the next issue of Nintendo Power to come out to continue playing the game.

It's a different age, buddo. A new age. We have the internet. We have information.
    Well, we're meant to. Imagine playing Zelda back in the day and being literally unable to continue playing the game... so you wait for the next walkthrough to come out, and it says "To enter the next dungeon, you need to leave your game turned on and running for 20 hours without doing anything."

If this kind of stuff is currently unobtainable, the decent thing to do would be to tell players it's unobtainable. Letting the dedicated few waste hours, even days of their time hunting for something they've been lead to believe is available when it actually isn't is thoughtless at best and cruel and manipulative at worst.

But I guess Blizz is still just a company afterall. Gotta keep that precious subscription time as long as possible! And if that means leading players on a wild goose chase, keeping them distracted from the things they actually can finish, then so be it!

Quote Originally Posted by Schlosh View Post
    Problem with that is on beta, the candrael's charm had a super high drop chance the entire time from any mob in suramar so pretty much any havoc dh with their class campaign completed got it to drop. No idea if it was gated behind AK on beta or not. So there's no way to go back and start from say AK 5
    Besides, it has been "confirmed" by a GM ticket that "The confusion comes from the fact we think it's same mechanism that in beta". So everything is possible. Someone already tried the boon of the gemfinder also (which works only on mobs killed, remind you the text). With Nay 797 Archeology, it seems this "pseudo way" is left alone and not tried (cause boring / silly and ... overlooked ...). But it's just a "way" to get it to Downfall, another GM said when the requiremernts (AK ?) is done, you can loot it from Downfall whatever you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    Besides, it has been "confirmed" by a GM ticket that "The confusion comes from the fact we think it's same mechanism that in beta". So everything is possible. Someone already tried the boon of the gemfinder also (which works only on mobs killed, remind you the text). With Nay 797 Archeology, it seems this "pseudo way" is left alone and not tried (cause boring / silly and ... overlooked ...). But it's just a "way" to get it to Downfall, another GM said when the requiremernts (AK ?) is done, you can loot it from Downfall whatever you do.
    Yeah but the GMs don't actually know anything about the game. They're just glorified Community Managers.

If GMs actually knew anything about the skin, they wouldn't have accidentally given it away to some people before it was meant to be obtainable.

So, take everything a GM says with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    Yeah but the GMs don't actually know anything about the game. They're just glorified Community Managers.

If GMs actually knew anything about the skin, they wouldn't have accidentally given it away to some people before it was meant to be obtainable.

So, take everything a GM says with a grain of salt.
    Yay and Nay (LEL). Indeed, some (included the one who gave first Waith char the appearance item) are not informed. This is minority and when another GM says "some skins are delayed by time requirements or simply not in the game right now" or another specifically on THIS CHARM ITEM say hints that "it's not the same mechanism that were in beta" (who was it just to test the Downfall process I guess), I think we can trust them ! Senior GM are more informed.

Also, I'm suspecting the subject is in visibility now for most of them cause they communicate and if we now talk to this to a GM, the problematic is known.

May I remind you a thing also (or you missed that). The final color of the current Skin for our artifact is gated behind:
    Obtain 8 rare Archaeology finds ( This Side Up)

I'm pretty sure if we follow the "right order of obtaining artifact things" in the game + by the time getting sufficient AK, we should be able to discover everything. Advice, start Archeology soon. Blizzard simply made Legion being a not alt friendly and there is MUCH MORE to do and to reveal this time with the main, including FINALLY (let's be honest, in 10 years, I never started Archeo) a goal for crafts or things they don't prolly appear to be used often in their stats. It's the balance expansion for time sink.
    Last edited by Deix-EU; 2016-09-16 at 11:29 AM.

Really? What day was that? The days before WoW existed I take it. Since there never was a secret in wow. Even in vanilla all of these "secrets" were known before beta ended.

Oh and PS ... never turn down a hand job. It's just bad form.

I just wanted to point something out about this whole discussion around Nay and his claims that a GM took the skin away from him, which has then seemingly either caused or contributed to discussions around gating and the charm not being "available" just yet etc etc.

I've been trying to follow this thread as well as the threads on wow head and the blizz forums so excuse me if I've gotten any of this wrong.

So far there are 2 main people I'm aware of that claim to have, at some point, had the skin: Nay, and Waith.

The last update I saw from Waith was that he got the skin by somehow just killing Downfall (without the charm? I think?), as he hadn't received the skin in the "proper" manner the GM took the skin and the feat of strength away from him.
    eu. battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Waith/achievement#81

Nay on the other hand, has now also said a GM took the skin away from him because he only got it because of a bug.. However he still has the feat of strength dated 11/09
    eu. battle.net/wow/en/character/die-aldor/Nay/achievement#81

Surely if he had the skin taken off of him they would have taken the FoS as well as they did for Waith???
    So I'm calling BS on his claim it was taken away from him..

I think he still has it and is either
    a) trying to throw everybody off the scent to retain his sense of "exclusivity",
    or
    b) trying to get out of the limelight after all the abuse and threats he received!

Either way I honestly think it is available now.. we just haven't worked out the exact steps to get it yet.

the reason I bring this up is because I'm seeing people suggest we give up the hunt because Nay said it shouldn't be available yet.. Don't give up! The community coming together to work stuff like this out is one of the coolest things I've seen in this game!

perhaps he has the vengance hidden appearance?