Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Whats the point of BGS when WQ gives alot more honor?

As the title says.

Whats the point of doing bgs when they give so small amount of honor? 3x losses (which took close to 45~ min ) = 1x WQ and they take ALOT more time. Even if you were to win.

I do not see any reason at all to do bgs while WQs are up. Anyone else share this feeling or what is the best way to farm honor atm?

I personally like Skirmish 2s.

100-110 Honor for Wins in Short Games
    35 Honor for Losses in Short Games
    135 Honor for Wins in Long Games
    55 Honor for Losses in Long Games

I do that while doing World Quests.

Deleted
    Doing all together is the key to maximizing your gains. Its not like you can SPAM pvp world quests... Just do both and stop whining.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMeta View Post
    Doing all together is the key to maximizing your gains. Its not like you can SPAM pvp world quests... Just do both and stop whining.
    PVE dragonslayer confirmed.

If you have to do 99% PVE to progress in PVP for Legion gearing than the Legion PVP revamp has failed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post

If you have to do 99% PVE to progress in PVP for Legion gearing than the Legion PVP revamp has failed.
    Seriously? -_-

You bash me for being a "pve" player when you're judging pvp progression without RANKED gameplay?

Okay.

Uhhh what? PVP WQ takes 5 minutes + fly time, BG takes at least 15 minutes, if you get AV it can take a lot more if people are defending, they give the same honor, go figure.
    The person you quoted simply said the fastest way to level up is to do everything since pvp wq has a 6 hour respawn time, and you just insult him/her out of nowhere? Good job, 'pvp guy'.
    It would take a lot longer to level up with 99% pve, so your point being what exactly?

Why are pvp players always so fucking whiny and lazy?

Most entitled part of WoW's playerbase by far.

"wah wah buff this"
    "wah wah nerf that"
    "wah wah nothing is good as old days"
    "wah wah i don't wanna pve"
    "wah wah i don't wanna level/gear up"

"wah wah i don't wanna create a character to play the game just do it all for me"

It's just constantly escalating to the point where I just tune out anyone who claims to care about PvP.

There are two kinds of pvp'ers:

Those who will put in the "hard" work (lol pvp world quests..) to get the edge
    Those who will whine because nothing is ever good enough and you can't buy honor points in the store yet

You're supposed to do both for maximum honor gain. Besides, stomping people in BGs is a lot more fun than PVEing some mobs down in the world.
    Working on my next ban.

Are you actually player BG just for honor?
    What will you do after you reach cap level?
    Stop pvping?

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Why are pvp players always so fucking whiny and lazy?

Those who will put in the "hard" work (lol pvp world quests..) to get the edge
    Those who will whine because nothing is ever good enough and you can't buy honor points in the store yet
    Your post makes it obvious you know nothing about pvp.

There's two kind of pvpers actually;

1. the ones who want to do arena and achieve something with their dedication to skill of their team and class (and want a fair and balanced game)
    2. the ones who think farming honor is pvp

BG's should give 0 rewards so that only people who do them are people who want to PvP. This stops botting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimpan View Post
    As the title says.

Whats the point of doing bgs when they give so small amount of honor? 3x losses (which took close to 45~ min ) = 1x WQ and they take ALOT more time. Even if you were to win.

I do not see any reason at all to do bgs while WQs are up. Anyone else share this feeling or what is the best way to farm honor atm?

nerf WQs (again), hm?

It's actually the same for pve players, at least dps ones. It's quicker and more efficient to grind wq than run dungeons. I hope they buff bgs and dungeons instead of nerfing wq though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    It's actually the same for pve players, at least dps ones. It's quicker and more efficient to grind wq than run dungeons. I hope they buff bgs and dungeons instead of nerfing wq though.
    No it's not at all. This is 100% inaccurate and false.

Fun and entertainment.....Maybe?
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Well it's the case for me, so that would make it true in at least one case, and I doubt I'm a special snowflake. In the time it takes to do a couple heroics as dps and get maybe one piece of gear if I'm lucky and 800 ap, I can clear the whole map of wq and get a couple thousand ap, and a few pieces of gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    It's pretty accurate for the most part.

If you have even remotely good gear, it's easier to cherrypick WQ's that have a chance of being an upgrade that running heroics hoping for well itemized, titanforged gear that you happen to get.
    If you've got an alt at max level, it's more time efficient to pick out log in and check world Q's for upgrades.

The only time dungeons are particularly lucrative is your once a week mythic clears and your daily heroic for AP. After that they're not terrible, but they're probably pretty poor in terms of time spent, they're just spammable vs world Q's often rolling nothing useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    Fun and entertainment.....Maybe?
    WHy would anyone want that? It's a video game after all...

Deleted
    Anyone saying "just do both", you guys have had a look at the reaction to Underbelly or free for all WQs the PvE community had, right? They've been crying, screaming and throwing a tantrum from the get go despite being wholly able to avoid and ignore both. Yet somehow it's okay to tell PvP players to get their gear and progress from PvE because otherwise they're entitled. Get real.

PvP gearing aswell as quest progress is currently completely fucked up. There's no other way to call it. People say wait for rated PvP, fuck that. Heroic Dungeons give 825+, Mythics give 840+. Both can war or titanforge. Meanwhile even at prestige 1 honor rank 40 I keep getting 805s from PvP. PvP does not give gear in any kind of timely manner nor is the gear remotely high enough to be competitive even with dungeon gear for the most part. The only exception war world quests which are once again PvE.

Rated PvP wont solve this, especially as you'd need to farm Mythics to be even remotely competitive. Being 5-6% in stats below your competition puts you at a huge disadvantage and given what we've seen so far you'll likely end up with worse and less gear than people will grab from standard raids in short order.

The system is in desperate need of change, both honor and gear wise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Being 5-6% in stats below your competition puts you at a huge disadvantage and given what we've seen so far you'll likely end up with worse and less gear than people will grab from standard raids in short order.

The system is in desperate need of change, both honor and gear wise.
    While I don't disagree that the system could use a change to make pvp gearing more viable, because it's suboptimal at best, being 5-6% shouldn't be that crippling - that's less of a difference than there'll be between individual classes and shouldn't swing the fight against a more coordinated team.

If you're up against an equally skilled team, then sure, being behind by a few percentage will be a pretty notable disadvantage, but in that case it's a fight between two equally skilled teams and the team that put in more effort elsewhere wins. That's not dreadful, even if I think the pve gearing path shouldn't be the best route for pvpers.

I'd also tell all the pve'ers who moaned and cried about the sewers / having to do a few battlegrounds for a legendary bloody ring in MOP to stop crying and do the work if they want the prizes. Cross-content is fine and healthy for the game imo, though it being so much better as it currently is in the pvp v pve gearing is pretty bad.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2016-09-19 at 03:05 AM.