Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account

UH/Frost Hidden Artifact Skin RESULTS

Here it is folks! A compilation of all the theories and results from that long ass thread that I'm sure we've all seen.

I understand that this could all be for naught when the raid shows up but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

If the "results" is empty it means that nothing came from it on either live or beta. If it says something like "unknown" it means that I saw someone post it but they never gave a follow up on what happened. There are a few things that we found but aren't really sure what they could be for.

I tried to keep this as complete as possible. Let me know if I missed anything.

Edit: Even though I tried to split up UH/Frost as best as I could, some of the things over lapped. I would recommend reading both lists regardless of which weapon skin you are after

Edit 2: I purposely left off super vague things like "swim around entire broken isles" or "comb every inch of Icecrown" unless they found something interesting.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

- - - Updated - - -

Added a fourth sheet discussing the GM tickets that people have submitted.

- - - Updated - - -

**IN PROGRESS** Added another sheet dedicated to Putricide's Lab

- - - Updated - - -

Due to recent discoveries I have rearranged the document to put Frost at the forefront. I'll keep the other sheets around for #memories.
    Last edited by Jrealness; 2016-10-04 at 02:51 PM.

Great Work! Bump!

So what are the theories around Harbaron in Maw of Souls? He's the ferryman to Hel and wields a scythe. Anyone tried anything on beta with high AK?

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giske View Post
    So what are the theories around Harbaron in Maw of Souls? He's the ferryman to Hel and wields a scythe. Anyone tried anything on beta with high AK?
    there were some discussions on him being relevent because he ferries the boat of the dead but I don't recall anyone going in and actually -trying- anything

I forgot to add the bit about the coins you can find outside of the maw of souls entrance that give that one minute buff. sheet has been updated accordingly.

is it possible to get this thread "pinned" until the appearances has been found?
    Also BUMP

Quote Originally Posted by exeetor View Post
    is it possible to get this thread "pinned" until the appearances has been found?
    Also BUMP
    Yep consider it done.

Deleted
    Someone needs to explore the Broken Isles as a ghost to see if there any dead interactables.

May do this tonight

I tried the old Culling of Stratholme heroic with the abom boss Meathook, the fleshcrafter necro guy, and mal'ganis. Nothing came of it after killing each boss with the Apocalypse ability and corpse exploding the ones I could. I also want to try fishing in trial of the crusader or whatever it was, the part where you drop down to fight Anub'arak. Heading there now.

EDIT: No dice.
    Last edited by Shostradamus; 2016-09-17 at 03:38 PM.

Yo so not sure if you got the Putricide stuff on here. Seems like the best lead we have at the moment. Simca says he's 100% sure it's related to a hidden appearance as well. It's RIGHT in the middle of all the other appearance stuff added.

best bet right now is:

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=221190/...l-area-trigger

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=225276/...des-secret-lab

But now one found the book in-game or threw data mining.

Thinking of the sentences from the Bonereapers Hook in combination with Putricide, it would fit.

"Fed by the steady settling energy of Icecrown Citadel,
    this crude and brutal weapon could easily be fashioned
    into an instrument of death."
    Last edited by Mashnakh; 2016-09-19 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashnakh View Post
    best bet right now is:

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=221190/...l-area-trigger

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=225276/...des-secret-lab

But now one found the book in-game or threw data mining.

Thinking of the sentences from the Bonereapers Hook in combination with Putricide, it would fit.

"Fed by the steady settling energy of Icecrown Citadel,
    this crude and brutal weapon could easily be fashioned
    into an instrument of death."
    Mein gott this triggers my exploration tingles. This place + addition of the new models for the original 4 horsemen.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Could someone close the thread we had before?
    There are still a lot of people with good ideas, and I fear we might actually loose some of them not beeing able to follow two threads in the same time.

Another theory is about the Shadowlands or Realm of Shadows. I found this:
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Realm_of_Shadows

one of those is in Acherus.

UH/Frost, but what about Blood?

Quote Originally Posted by daenerys View Post
    UH/Frost, but what about Blood?
    Blood has been found already, Withered Army Reward chest. I can confirm it, I have it myself

Deleted
    For frost,
    We know there is 4 "Lich King echoe" which said some thing.

"You believe that you are in control, that your will is your own... Yet you do as he commands. You exist by his will alone. You imagine yourself to be free, but you will always be his instrument"
    "See the spirits writhe and twist... The numberless shades forsaken by time. The dead outnumber the living, and always will."
    "The darkness does not die, Fellarg. rage against the Nightmare. Struggle as you will. The infinite dark is patient. we will all be claimed in the end"
    "So many fallen kings, silent in their numberless graves... Even the mighty are rendered nameless by time. Every king must kneel before death."

We know the weapon make some time appear a "female moan". (wowhead.com/item=139547/runes-of-the-darkening#comments)

For Palret, they need to have 12-13 skill in their weapon to create one item in their task for the hidden skin.

Then, maybe we have to take what the Lich King visions said like egnima.
    Have 12-13 points in our frost weapon, and make appear a "female moan" by hitting a specific target in a specific area (where lich king speakings have to be take as clue to determinate this (one per erea and by Lich King vision maybe) (after have activate the lich king echo) to advance in that (maybe that make appear one of the 4 horseman per area solve).

And to finish :
    "Written in an ancient language" maybe the language of Death
    "that no living soul remembers," the 4 horseman are suppose to be dead, then their souls are not "living", DK are undead then they don't live too.
    "yet somehow the words leap to your tongue, yearning to be read." maybe "read" by this "female moan" or by new echo creat by the weapon.
    Then maybe ....

For the frost I would search BI for Naxx designed or flavoured places. But always have the LK quotes in mind.

Trying to figure out the Frost appearance, I feel it has a lot to do with Yogg as that what it screams to me.

I went into ulduar and fought Yogg, I sat in his visions of the past until it kicked me out to get all the dialog. The Arthas one has an interesting qoute "He will learn--no king rules forever! Only death is eternal!" This and the other visions really had a tight tie to what the LK was saying in the broken isles. Now what got me is I reached 0 insanity and the fight didn't end, I am not sure if that was a change to the fight or that wielding the runeblades grants you immunity against it (will confirm on my druid tonight).

I tried to kneel for everything and I eventually killed Yogg after sitting in each vision for the full duration. Nothing happened but I have a feeling it is gated to the AP research so I am waiting to see if that changes.

I have been doing more research about Yogg to see if I can find anything else, Vordrassil is my next choice to search and then I am going to the whispering gultch (http://wow.gamepedia.com/Whisper_Gulch). Now another thing I looked at is Yogg's box from archeology, it keeps going on about a forest and a city named Ny'alotha which seems like it could be the shadowlands.

Other qoutes from that box that have me asking questions:

Reminds me of the emerald dream.
    -The giant rook watches from the dead trees. Nothing breathes beneath his shadow
    -Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside
    -The silent, sleeping, staring houses in the backwoods always dream. It would be merciful to tear them down
    -There is a little lamb lost in dark woods

Reminds me of something at the bottom of the sea
    -The drowned god's heart is black ice
    -In the sunken city, he lays dreaming.
    -The fish know all the secrets. They know the cold. They know the dark.
    -At the bottom of the ocean even light must die.

So now this seems somewhat close to broken isles with the emerald nightmare and the possibility of something with Naga. If you do research about N'zoth it keeps going on about him sleeping. A lot of theory states he is at the bottom of the ocean trapped, another is that he is also trapped in the emerald dream.

So next question. Where can we enter the emerald dream as Death Knights ? If we can't find anything with this then my next guess is to start using Skaggldrynk (puts you in the spirit realms) in numerous places. Start with Yogg, then the other areas dealing with him, I would then work my way to trying it in the broken isles that fit both arthas dialog and the Yogg qoutes about the dream forest and the city Ny'alotha

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sorry guys, didn't see this get stickied and thought it was buried so I have not updated the sheet. I will try to do so today on lunch. There will be a new page made specifically for the secret lab lead as that is the most significant. I have not seen anything particularly exciting since aside from a few more tests with the ghost wedding.

EDIT: Okay I should have everything related to putricide noted. I also added a few more notes and made some minor edits for clarity.
    Last edited by Jrealness; 2016-09-19 at 04:35 PM.