Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post
    I find that very very hard to believe.
    To put it in perspective, ~18% of the player base did SoO, that rose to ~40% in HFC, in both expansions dungeons were significantly more popular with 2/3 of the player base getting Draenor Dungeon Hero.

I'm not gonna go through 58 pages of this thread but is this really about people who think normal is too hard?
    Even heroic is faceroll these days, if you can't handle normal I'm seriously afraid for you. You won't get far in life.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    So that excuses it being stupid, ill thought out and out of keeping with the rest of the skin unlocks?
    Why do you think that all skin unlocks have to be similar to each other, in difficulty or otherwise?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I mean you can argue that it is more popular because you don't have to get off your lazy entitled ass and actually form a group and run to the instance.
    You can just afk queue while fapping in Dalaran with the rest of your circle jerk buddies.

But yes I do, because I play on a very progressed realm where a vast majority of players end goal is to what? You guessed it, raid.

I can't comment on the state of other realms because I have never played on other realms other than the one I play on right now.
    na it's more popular cuz one don't have to bother hearing our screaming voice in ts, hell you seem to be a really nasty and unpleasant being must be really painful for those who play with you.
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

To put it in perspective, ~18% of the player base did SoO, that rose to ~40% in HFC, in both expansions dungeons were significantly more popular with 2/3 of the player base getting Draenor Dungeon Hero.
    And only 3.8% getting Glory of the Draenor Hero.

You know, the parallel achievement to the one that unlocks a recolor of the skin being discussed. But hey, gotta fit that narrative amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    na it's more popular cuz one don't have to bother hearing our screaming voice in ts, hell you seem to be a really nasty and unpleasant being must be really painful for those who play with you.
    Dude chill out. You're from Rome, aren't Italian's supposed to flop sides when they lose instead of getting angry?

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit raiding when Cataclysm released im playing WOW for PVP and World PVP.Also doing quests for Storyline and Lore.

On the bright side i can lock experience at 101-109lvl and play 101-109bgs, cas they dont req leveling Artifact most ppl in them have simmiliar artifact ilvl. 101-109lvl bg queues are only 2min.

I will play 110lvl quests on other character but im not intrested in Raiding. Cas Raiding takes alot time, and PVP and quests is enuff for logging WOW For 30mins having some fun and logging out.

That only tells me that 2/3 of the player base stepped into a dungeon once.
    Stepping into a dungeon one time does not make it "more popular".

I find that very very hard to believe.

Seeing as I am only doing 1 heroic a day for the AP and barely doing all if any of my mythic dungeons.

But alas, I am raiding.
    Yeah, I'm already feeling sick of the 5 mans, and I haven't even bothered to do Arcway or CoS.

I'm thinking the mythic+ system is going to be way less popular than they hoped it would be.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I personally do not care about the skin but I will say that I do not like quest line being gated being having to do dungeons/raids. I was surprised when I saw that I had to do dungeons to get crafting patterns/recipes. My gut feeling is that group participation (dungeons/raids) has gotten so low that they are having to resort to this to force people into them to justify the development time and cost. I will not even be touching the mythiic dungeons so that cuts out several quest lines I will be able to complete. Oh well, so I guess I miss out on some of the storyline. :P

But as I said, that is just my gut feeling which really means nothing I suppose ... lol
    Last edited by BigAinCA; 2016-09-28 at 12:23 PM.

Say, does anyone here remember the t0.5 (aka dungeon set 2) questchain?

10+ Year Old Account
    Some ppl are really overreacting just to insult and troll folks who not intrested in Raiding.

Those raid quests only quests are only for Hidden Appereances, there is alot of great Vanilla,TBC,WOTLK,Cata,MOP,WOD transmogs that much better than most artifact appereances.

I prefer transmogging most Artifacts , expect Ashbringer and Scythe of Elune. But could transmog them too, there is alot good looking 2h weapons and Staves.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    You think the vast majority of the playerbase raids above LFR?
    of course not

stats have been released many times which show LFR attendance is something like 70-80%, whereas normal and higher raiding - 20% or sub-20%

and obviously dungeons are more popular then normal+ raids, only a conceited snotty elitist raider would think otherwise ^^

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Why do you think that all skin unlocks have to be similar to each other, in difficulty or otherwise?
    Basically because it makes no sense that they are not, it's unusual/skewed. I mean, you have 5-6 rows, each with four columns. You unlock a row then you can begin unlocking columns, the fact that one row is not just significantly more punishing to unlock than the others plus some of it's own columns is just bizarre.

I'm not saying they should have kept the quest doable in LFR, but they should have either kept the quest doable in LFR or made one of the simpler more common unlocks the one that opens the tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Igi View Post
    I'm not gonna go through 58 pages of this thread but is this really about people who think normal is too hard?
    Even heroic is faceroll these days, if you can't handle normal I'm seriously afraid for you. You won't get far in life.
    Right, because raiding equals life experience.

I mean you can argue that it is more popular because you don't have to get off your lazy entitled ass and actually form a group and run to the instance.
    You can just afk queue while fapping in Dalaran with the rest of your circle jerk buddies.

But yes I do, because I play on a very progressed realm where a vast majority of players end goal is to what? You guessed it, raid.

I can't comment on the state of other realms because I have never played on other realms other than the one I play on right now.
    Why do you always have to act so insanely abrasive and insulting?
    Just because you're some anonymous guy on the internet doesn't mean you have to talk down to people on the internet whom are strangers like they're human garbage, dawg. (Not just here, I've seen you do it in many topics. I'll never understand why that behavior is tolerated on MMOC) What keeps you from just saying "live and let live" without spouting off like that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    of course not

stats have been released many times which show LFR attendance is something like 70-80%, whereas normal and higher raiding - 20% or sub-20%

and obviously dungeons are more popular then normal+ raids, only a conceited snotty elitist raider would think otherwise ^^
    But then, statistics like that can't let insanely toxic people be toxic and hatefilled!
    Last edited by Otimus; 2016-09-28 at 12:31 PM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I'm thinking the mythic+ system is going to be way less popular than they hoped it would be.
    I think they were hoping it would be popular with the old crowd who used to hammer heroic 5mans back when they were hard and with the 10m mythic crews. Not realising most of those players lost interest in WoW after Blizzard screwed them over.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    And exactly what I was saying is that adding an arbitrary and unnecessary time commitment to something that doesn't need it ISN'T "engaging content."

Hunting for pets has enough time commitment finding the pet you want, finding one with a good grade and stats, and then leveling him to 25.
    Running around the mountain to get to him isn't good design, and saying "well you're not willing to put the time in!" is defending stupid design meant to keep us on the hamster wheel. So disappointing people equate pointless time wasting with actual "reward" and defend that sort of thing.
    Well, thats like, your opinion man.

Also, that 18% number for raiders is bull, FYI. Just checked, and Mythic Assault was downed by 13% of the playerbase according to the previous source I linked. That's a Mythic boss, so I'm sure Normal participation is/was FAR over 18%.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That's the main reason we still have LFR lol. Even in WOD when rewards was shit it was still the most played raid mode. Because it has 100% accessibility. You are not at the whims of the player base.

That is why all queable modes (LFD/LFR) have the highest player count use. WOD proved no matter how shit LFR is people will chose it over LFG because of the community factor.

This is a fact you need to accept.
    This is a meaningless thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Right, because raiding equals life experience.
    I think that's his point. Genuinely, the normal versions are very undertuned at the moment, more so than 10 man normal used to be back in WOTLK. It's going to be pretty easy to PUG normal at least, especially as players start to get a bit more gear.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!