Thread: [Music] Metal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    saw Slayer, Anthrax, and Death Angel last tuesday. 2nd time seeing slayer, they were great. Anthrax was more fun to see though. And death angel, it was like whats up why haven't i every paid attention to you guys.

great show, great thrash bands
    Death Angel are an amazing band, and have been for a very long time. If you haven't yet, you should definitely check out Act III, and their newest album, The Evil Divide, which I consider to be one of the best albums of 2016.

- - - Updated - - -

In related news Metallica actually made a song worth listening to. Besides Hetfield's (still) weak vocals the track "Moth Into Flame" is actually pretty decent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how many power metal fans there are here but anyways, new Charred Walls of the Damned (with Ripper Owens, Steve DiGiorgio, and an ex-Iced Earth drummer from Horror Show and the Glorious Burden) album is out. While I prefer Matt Barlow (and also Stu Block), I always thought Ripper did a pretty good job on the Glorious Burden, just really not Iced Earth style.

EDIT: typos
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2016-09-27 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Crushingly filthy and disgusting grindcore/death metal.
    https://verminwomb.bandcamp.com/
    New Vermin Womb is one of my most anticipated releases this year: http://music.throatruinerrecords.com/track/entomb

There's been some good EPs and splits in 2016. So much to listen to: https://shitgrindershit.bandcamp.com...in-birth-split

I only noticed that I linked their old release later on. The new one has leaked and I've already given it a couple listens. Not sure what I think about it yet. Also, I think I saw your bandcamp profile.
    If it has the same icon then yes, you did.

Nice to see a metal community here. I cant post links or anything cause I just made an account, but I'm a huge black metal fan also listen to some death/deathcore but black metal is by far my favorite genre

check out Ash Borer - Descended Lamentations

My username is inspired by that band haha, as is my WoW character

my favorite black metal this year would have to be Sun Worship - Pale Dawn or Coldworld - Autumn
    Last edited by Ashborer; 2016-09-28 at 01:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was about to say, soon as I saw that username and logo, that was just a wee bit of a give away :P

10+ Year Old Account
    That ColdWorld album is quite nice. Some pretty good black metal releases, to add to goriq's list:

Marsh Dweller - The Weight of Sunlight
    Darkestrah - Turan
    Schammasch - Triangle
    Zhrine - Unortheta
    Sorcier des Glaces - North

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    That ColdWorld album is quite nice. Some pretty good black metal releases, to add to goriq's list:

Marsh Dweller - The Weight of Sunlight
    Darkestrah - Turan
    Schammasch - Triangle
    Zhrine - Unortheta
    Sorcier des Glaces - North
    I'm a HUUGE fan of SDG, the entire Quebec scene in general tbh. Forteresse is another one of my favorites from there.

Ill check out the rest of those!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashborer View Post
    I'm a HUUGE fan of SDG, the entire Quebec scene in general tbh. Forteresse is another one of my favorites from there.

Ill check out the rest of those!
    If you are into the Quebec scene then you should also check out, if you haven't yet, Cantique Lepreux - Cendres Celestes which goriq listed. It is also a great album.

Deleted
    Crushingly filthy and disgusting grindcore/death metal.
    https://verminwomb.bandcamp.com/
    I don't like grindcore at all. Only thing that I like is the heavy sounding guitars. I'm mostly a MDM type of guy, and in a lot of bands they are faded into the background, barely audible but instead focusing only on the melodic (Catchy?) parts which, imo is lame.

That's why I love this band so much:

Great footage from a recent Taake show, I can't get enough of Hoest. Probaby the best mind in modern TNBM

Deleted
    I've found bands and albums that I've liked in every genre though and I do not disregard every mdm band just because it's not the 90s anymore. After all, the 2000s mdm scene bestowed us with some great releases:
    Perhaps something more like this band then. Best track from this particular album, still come back to it often.

Or the 2016 release from Enchiridion that I posted a bunch of pages back. Raw, pure MDM.

And yes, Above the Weeping World ftw. Metal has many genres, we all know that. But there's even a large diversity in MDM bands too. Hard to find sometimes exactly what you want

10+ Year Old Account
    RIFFS

New Asphyx dropped today, going to give it a listen after I finish the album I'm listening to now.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    New Asphyx dropped today, going to give it a listen after I finish the album I'm listening to now.
    Listened to it yesterday, was pretty good. Nothing groundbreaking though.

Couldn't really see anyone mention the latest track from Metallica.. So here it is!

Haven't been a fan of anything Metallica has done the last 20 or so years, so for me this is their best song from the past 2 decades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    Couldn't really see anyone mention the latest track from Metallica.. So here it is!
    I mentioned it a few posts back (didn't link it tho), but it was at the bottom of a post with videos. It's pretty good considering its Metallica.

Any DSBM (depressive/suicidal black metal) fans here?

Stuff like:

Make A Change... Kill Yourself
    Coldworld
    Happy Days
    Wedard
    Thy Light
    Hypothermia

etc

Some of Xasthur's stuff is alright. Aside from that I'd have to go and check if I actually have anything else.
    Check out Nargaroth - Seven Tears Are Flowing To The River (I cant post links yet, sorry!)

its been stuck in my head all week, one of the pinnacles of DSBM imo. Unfortunately the rest of their discography mostly sucks.