Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienski View Post
    the difference has never been so defining.
    Then you clearly haven't followed the game at all. Every legendary released was created a large gap in those who have it vs those who do not. There is a reason why Wrath of Tarecogsa was a huge upgrade for anyone in Firelands (and even beyond that).
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Duh. The very same player, with the same skill will of course do more dps with a single better item. Its how items work and effect stats. It has always had consequences in your game experience and people have been sat since the game was created for having less gear then an equal player. Its why gear is so important and a driving force as rewards. It improves your character from others that don't have less powerful gear from you.

It was gained by effort in the same way any gear is gained by effort. The RNG didn't just happen by logging into the game. You have to do something in the game, also known as effort, in order to get a chance at a legendary. They way its always worked.
    How on earth is it the same effort to do a world quest, and organise 20 people kill a hard boss, week by week for several weeks?

The first is RNG, the second is effort.

Learn the difference.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    The 13k dps difference in my image, is due to tactician procs, which is hated by the whole warrior community as a playstyle. We warriors, don't want RNG. go on.
    But it proves the point that 15k dps is not a big deal if 13k dps is still considered rockstar dps. http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...c19e70e92013cb with out the legendary helm vs http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...78f6753f380354 with the legendary helm.

Just because RNG is hated by the whole warrior community doesn't automatically make what you say any less of an exaggeration.

- - - Updated - - -

How on earth is it the same effort to do a world quest, and organise 20 people kill a hard boss, week by week for several weeks? The first is RNG, the second is effort. Learn the difference.
    Then it shouldn't matter if you don't personally get a legendary if you are still helping the group progress. It still takes effort to gain a legendary. Not to mention you don't gain a legendary just for organizing 20 people to kill a hard boss week by week. If that were the case then you would have no issue at all since you'd have a legendary with no RNG just by clearing those hard bosses week by week for several weeks.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

But it proves the point that 15k dps is not a big deal if 13k dps is still considered rockstar dps. http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...c19e70e92013cb with out the legendary helm vs http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...78f6753f380354 with the legendary helm.

Just because RNG is hated by the whole warrior community doesn't automatically make what you say any less of an exaggeration.

- - - Updated - - -

Then it shouldn't matter if you don't personally get a legendary if you are still helping the group progress. It still takes effort to gain a legendary. Not to mention you don't gain a legendary just for organizing 20 people to kill a hard boss week by week. If that were the case then you would have no issue at all since you'd have a legendary with no RNG just by clearing those hard bosses week by week for several weeks.
    But it is a deal.
    You 15k dps less guy. Out.
    You 15k dps more guy. In.

15+ Year Old Account
    it is demotivating when I have played more than that player with +20 ilvl yes.
    The only way to solve that is to hand out Best in Slot gear to everyone when they log on. But somehow I don't think you would actually support that.

- - - Updated - - -

But it is a deal.
    You 15k dps less guy. Out.
    You 15k dps more guy. In.
    So it isn't about being a rock star or not. It is simply about being top DPS. So nothing has changed with legendaries. It is just more of the same better gear and better dps? You are in. The point though is that in your post with the log you still considered all 3 warriors to be rock stars even when one had a 13k difference.

So two warriors with a 15k difference are suddenly not both rock stars. Simply because it suits your argument rather then being based on anything.

- - - Updated - - -

No, doing a daily quest is not effort. it is RNG.

- - - Updated - - -

The only way to solve that is to hand out Best in Slot gear to everyone when they log on. But somehow I don't think you would actually support that.

- - - Updated - - -

So it isn't about being a rock star or not. It is simply about being top DPS. So nothing has changed with legendaries. It is just more of the same better gear and better dps? You are in.
    Yes, but give better gear with effort, not RNG. You are getting there.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "as much of a chance" is not balance and certainly not good enough. try "as much of an effort" and you might make a game worth playing.

It's how gear in wow has worked since the start. RNG is RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Put the gear on a vendor for purchase with a currency you can farm. Nothimg handed out to anyone.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but give better gear with effort, not RNG. You are getting there.
    So you want them to hand better gear just for doing X? Remember to you effort is simply organizing 20 people each week to down bosses. Why do you need to reinvent the loot distribution model now when it still works like it always has? You compete against RNG from the drop table then divide the loot up. But now its an issue just because?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Put the gear on a vendor for purchase with a currency you can farm. Nothimg handed out to anyone.
    Someone will still have +20 item levels over someone else though. Which means it is still involves less motivation that was referenced by the person I quoted.

- - - Updated - - -

No, doing a daily quest is not effort. it is RNG.
    A Daily quest is about as much effort as organizing 20 people. The effort comes in killing the boss which is why you earn loot from killing a boss and not simply forming a raid. Its why your definition of effort is being selectively applied in order to claim you as right and others as wrong.

i like to compete with rankings, i dont think im great, dont get that great rankings currently, i just like to compete its what i enjoy

as a fury warrior how am i meant to compete in rankings against fury warriors that have been lucky enough to drop the helm? (+10 rage on enrage)

as a fury warrior how am i meant to compete in rankings against fury warriors that have x2 legendaries equipped?

The part of the game i enjoy the most, the competing for ranks has been unbalanced by rng.

i have unsubbed, i have wasted 13 days of my life at level 110 only to look like a bad player compared to the guy that had a bit of luck, and the fact that soon ppl will be running round with 2 equipped, well. the game is just pointless for me now as the part of it i enjoy is gone.

Anyone else feeling the same?

So you're not a top warrior, meaning that you might oscillate from 5 to 70-80% just because that's the life of a casual. In that case, what's the point of your whining thread? Oh... you're just PLAIN JELLY!!!

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Mages as well. I can go on.

Also it is you that is missing the point. Nobody said legendaries are required to complete the content and that's not what we are discussing here.

The point is, that the very same player, with the very same skill, will do more dps with a legendary than he would do without. That has consequences in your game experience, as to get benched in a competitive environment, or get trash talked by someone with a legendary. And that is wrong, because the advantage was not "gained" by effort, but granted to you by RNG.
    You say that people are being benched over it, the only thing is. The only thing is, that isn't the case. Even with your own links, those groups are filled with people that DO NOT have legendaries.

What you're doing is called cherry-picking. Only in extremely rare instances does your point ever ring true, this is because legendaries are, in fact a rare thing to acquire and they are not always effective and when they are effective, they may not be effective in every circumstance. Cutting-edge raid groups will continue to run with their skilled players. The whole instance of being benched for not having a specific legendary versus having a skill and knowledge of your class is so contrary to disbelief that it would be equally unlucky, if not moreso, than actually getting a legendary for yourself. That and if you are benched for random joe being your class and your spec, with the only tangible difference being having a useful, rather than not, legendary, and you're benched over something as mundane as that, then your issue is the guild/raid team, not you (considering you are skilled in the first place, that is). Your point just isn't specific enough and it isn't anywhere near as wide-scale as you claim it to be.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    It's how gear in wow has worked since the start. RNG is RNG.
    No. The difference back then is that you could farm (effort) items and hope your RNG changes. You can't (realistically) farm legendaries.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. The difference back then is that you could farm (effort) items and hope your RNG changes. You can't (realistically) farm legendaries.

Why not? They drop from WQ and dungeon bosses. in fact almost anything from what I have heard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure you can. By doing all of the things that give you chances at legendaries. http://www.wowhead.com/guide=4149/a-...ries-in-legion. You can farm for legendaries and hope your RNG changes the same as you could "back then". Because it works the same way. Do X hope for RNG to be in your favor. It just has a lower drop rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Wow, two specs. If you don't have your legendary, then you obviously cannot play the game, at all. You should just uninstall now, before you inevitably are gated entirely from everything in the game, because of RNG in an MMO. The sky is falling, better run while you can.

If you can't get good DPS, the legendary isn't your issue. Many of the links from those top raid groups, their raid partners don't have legendaries but they're in the raid. I guess their raid leaders didn't get the memo to boot them if they didn't have something with orange text on their person. /sarcasm

Your point is moot, at best. Legendaries are not required to complete the content. Now, if legendaries are required in order to satisfy your ego, that's more of a personal issue, and not one with Blizzard's design.
    Mages too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    You respeced from Arms to Fury just to get the effect of the leg belt ? That has literally next to no use on 90% of EN bosses fights? The Problem lies with you and your deluded sense of importance for this item.

+ If your guild is run by morons it's not the leg system fault.
    No I still main Arms, but I got my fury back up just to get some use out of the belt aside from a ilvl stick.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This. Raiding atm is not balanced around if you have a legendary or not. It is balanced around normal gear. Nighthold however will supposedly be balanced around legendaries.
    Terrible design for normals, acceptable, I guess, for Heroic, totally ok for Mythic

i didnt start late, i was level 110 on the second day and played 12 hours a day since, this post is how the guy that started late getting a pat on the back isnt right or fair. "tough titties" yeah, it is tough titties, its tough titties that blizzard are gonna have thousands of unsubs in the near future from the people that cant catch up not due to lack of graft, but lack of luck.
    I think you have bigger problems than missing legendaries....

Just sayin'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deveilblad View Post
    I think you have bigger problems than missing legendaries....

Just sayin'
    I know, right?

I get maybe 15 hours a week, total. Of course, I'd probably be upset too, if Wow were the most important thing in my life. I advise unsubbing immediately, just for your wellbeing.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    I know, right?

I get maybe 15 hours a week, total. Of course, I'd probably be upset too, if Wow were the most important thing in my life. I advise unsubbing immediately, just for your wellbeing.
    That's insulting and arrogant in my eyes. Don't give advise to others on how they decide to spend their time. That's none of your business.