Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xhisors View Post
    I'm inclined to agree that he knows someone, which is usually the case these days with all companies. Its who you know not what you know in just about every line of work. I think the WoW community collectively agree that he shouldn't be in the position hes in(not sure people even want him involved with wow at this point). I would be interested seeing a poll of who the community has wanted gone over the past few years.... and by how much Holinka would win that poll over everyone else. lol
    WoW is not a Democracy [Credit: Greg Street]

If it was left up to you and yours to vote for a Game Designer, you'd vote in a Kung Fu Panda who's into k3teenz and rides Pon33z (after My Little Pony) anyway.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    2 more expansions and wow is over. Everything is pointing that way.
    Ah yes, the quote from WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and now Legion. Keep saying it and (assuming you're around longer than WoW) you'll eventually be right. Good luck with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    I am not sure I am ready for another mmo. I honestly might consider sitting out.
    Kind of cute... I bet you almost even have yourself convinced. You can sit out with all of those people who say they're fed up and unsub'ing (month after month after month).
    Last edited by ent0mbed; 2016-10-14 at 12:39 AM.

Deleted
    Ret's all over are going to have a party !! Da Kalgan is gone !!!!!!Lets hope FOREVER!!!!

So they put him as boss for Warcraft 4?

I feel good about this and I wish Tom do his best with the new project. Ion is one of the best devs at Blizzard. He is smart, honest and one of the few devs who play at very high level.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Blizzard gonna compete against themselves in the RTS market, where they're the only competitor? Not likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bonewax View Post
    ohh the fanboy is strong in this one.

wow wont be around if each expansion they lose 7m subs.
    well who cares wow is on the internet now there will always be servers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Warcraft 4 is never going to happen. RTS market is pretty much dead.

Not to mention no company is going to release an RTS game nearly 1.5 decades after the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    This confirms something my guild has been talking about this whole expansion - that this may be the last major WoW expansion:

SPOILERS BELOW

- players are more powerful than ever, we're all the leaders of our respective classes now, wielding the most powerful artifact weapons in the history of Azeroth

- it's the Legion, Sargeras has been the big looming bad guy for the entire game, and now he's here: virtually any follow-up expansion will pale by comparison, and the only possible exception would be The Dark Below (an Azjatar / N'zoth / Lovecraft expansion), but given that we're now in the Broken Isles - this is likely also going to be the N'zoth conclusion

- The Illidan arc will come to a close, and this expansion has been building him up immensely as some sort of Chosen One

- We're killing off gods left and right lately: Ysera dies in a zone intro quest, we kill Ursoc, Cenarius is corrupted/on death's door. Meanwhile the Shadowpriests are feeding all of Azeroth's old gods to a very hungry dagger-old-god. All the Naaru are dying. Azeroth is apparently some kind of titan. Elune (the only actual god in WoW lore) is now taking an active role in the affairs of mortals, something she's pretty much kept out of for 10,000 years since the last Legion invasion. The DKs are literally preparing for the end of all life. The DH's keep yammering on about the virtue of sacrificing everything.

- The Illidan history quests demonstrate that the key turning point in his life was when he recognized he would need to sacrifice his own soldiers to save the world, and that any amount of sacrifice was permissible if it resulted in him ultimately winning against the Legion - that seems like pretty obvious foreshadowing that in order to defeat Sargeras, Illidan is going to sacrifice our Raid Group (who are now all the most powerful heros in Azeroth) to empower himself to get on Sargeras' level

Meanwhile in RL:

- Ghostcrawler left WoW because of creative differences after Pandaland and prior to Draenor, and Draenor was obviously a stop-gap expansion hastily created when Project Titan fell through - he wanted to do something bigger/better, not oversee the shittiest expansion and wait around for years

- Project Titan was clearly something much, much bigger - and then got completely scrapped and became Overwatch with a team a fraction the size of the original (it was clearly a new MMO originally)

- Kalgan was originally leading Titan before it got scrapped (when I suspect it was an MMO), and now he's leaving to run another new project (return of the next Blizzard MMO)

- Ion's taking over WoW, because he's one of the only devs whose heart is still in WoW (I like Ion, I think this is a good move overall)

So to sum it all up:
    - Legion final expansion
    - New Blizzard MMO coming
    - Ion might actually give a shit to fix stuff before 8.0 (because there may not be an 8.1)
    This is a joke right?

Tom Chilton looks like a pedophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    2 more expansions and wow is over. Everything is pointing that way.
    Game has lived for so long that if it dies it would just be normal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bonewax View Post
    ohh the fanboy is strong in this one.

wow wont be around if each expansion they lose 7m subs.
    They would have been at negative numbers if that was true.

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    I have a feeling this is going to be a good thing.
    Best news for WoW since pretty much ever.

When you think about it.. the GM of Elitist Jerks is now in charge of WOW lol.

They have been telling us how to play this game since launch.

Is it possible they are putting Chilton in charge of something for Diablo?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by innerpartycolt View Post
    It is time for old timers to step down from WOW. This game needs fresh blood.
    On top of a new graphical engine.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    I disagree, but for the exact same reasons.
    Tom would from time to time say something that turned out not to happen, or oversell/downplay certain things. However, Ion is like someone with a severe mental disability; Sure, it is possible for him to function, but everything he touches still gets covered in poop.
    Honestly I have not played WoW since MoP, so that is where I am getting my info from. But from what I heard, WoW is already shitty to began with, more shit couldn't hurt.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

WoW 2 CONFIRMED. Makes the most since to me.

Would not be surprised if a WoW 2 or some sort of WoW "reboot" was in development.

World of Diablo is coming, legion was just a test for it with his rng legendaries, ilvl + item, mm+ mode

Here comes more RNG.