Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by K4sk View Post
    You guys act like the top bosses never get cycled out of a company. This is hardly "the sky is falling", he's been working on the game for 12 years - We need new blood so the game can evolve instead of continuing the same shit.
    Maybe new blood, but that's not enough.

We need designers that are humble enough to go back to the roots and understand why things were designed the way they were, and how not understanding this led to worse and worse decisions over the years: if a game is well done you can't simply decide to wipe this and that talent and switch this from a class to another or from a spec to another, because balancing is very hard, interesting gameplays and depth of play are very precious.

Designers that understand a new expansion is more than a single gimmick: let's replace talent trees with a few rows of 3 fake choices, let's give every capability to every class,let's remove 90 % of stats, and let's invent a few new retarded ones, because we're more than an RPG, let's steal most capabilities from most classes (pruning), let's force people to play a single spec and let's arbitrarily attribute capabilities to one spec only (class fantasy).

Designers who understand you can't be everything to every gamer, and understand there is no future in a 3 - button MMORPG, that the 24/7 grinding is already covered by Korean MMORPGs.

Converserly designers who play other games and are willing to take greats features from a game if its adaptable and relevant to WoW.

Designers who are ready to listen to players when possible (we want housing) and not systematically overdoing it to the extreme (garrisons).

And of course, to recognize the very few good ideas, such as reforging, that were added to the game over the years, and cherish and protect them.

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Fuck yes, this is expeptional good news! Ion Fuck Fluying Hazzikostas will make WoW Great again. The Raids were the only good thing in WoD (and have been really good in Cata and MoP), I am really hyped to see what greatness he will bestow upon all of WoW.

Maybe now we get finally some challenging Solo Content again?
    Well, based on his record as Lead Game Designer thus far... the "greatness he will bestow upon all of WoW" you refer to will likely be in the form of a big, steaming, pile of shit. I am actually shocked he still has a job let alone got a promotion.

I see all this talk about a Diablo or Starcraft MMO or even a WoW 2 with a shiny new engine built from the ground up with the latest tech purpose built for a MMO (not a heavily modified RTS engine), I don't really put much hope into anything like this happening though. I do reckon Overwatch would make a great setting for an MMO.......oh wait... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Last edited by Mackk; 2016-10-15 at 06:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by f0nZi3 View Post
    Well, based on his record as Lead Game Designer thus far... the "greatness he will bestow upon all of WoW" you refer to will likely be in the form of a big, steaming, pile of shit. I am actually shocked he still has a job let alone got a promotion.
    Ion has given us the best raid encounters - actually challenging and not just overtuned. How in the name of Odin could you call his work "a pile of shit"?

Deleted
    Blizzard seems to be aware that Ion as a gamedirector is pretty... well, let's say the people are divided about that. And somehow i feel they are in damage-control-mode. Look at this thread:
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...9726550?page=1

The strange thing is, yesterday in the evening the OP was at over 350 upvotes and barely any downvotes. Now at noon i looked to find the OP to receive over 500 downvotes more and ends up being so negatively voted that his post is being hidden. At the same time the downvoted posts questioning the OP got highly upvoted. I know that things like this happen all the time and people shift the voting game on threads. But usually it happens only in a matter of days sometimes even weeks. This time it happened practically over night. No... actually literally over night.

But no matter what happens there and in other threads, Ion hazzikostas is surely a person that polarizes. There are people that like him for all he did for raids and raiding, and there are people that don't like him because everything besides raiding was/is screwed up (opinions). I personally don't like his "hardecore approach", not everybody (in fact only a few players) are like his "elitist jerks". And raiding is only important for a small minority of the games population when it comes to HC+ raiding.

why is this nearly 6 years old thread on MMOC frontpage? especially the title may sound confusing for many ppls, imo.

accidental necro by MMOC itself ?

ofc today we got the answer to „what is Tom Chilton doing since October 2016?“

but just posting/necroing this thread, without any additional comment, nonetheless is rather confusing imo. @mods
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-05-03 at 10:42 PM.

6 years later WoW is officially dead thanks to that fucking piece of shit Ion. Every single day after this post the game got worse than the previous thanks to that piece of shit Ion.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    6 years later WoW is officially dead thanks to that fucking piece of shit Ion. Every single day after this post the game got worse than the previous thanks to that piece of shit Ion.
    "Officially dead" and yet you can long into the game right now with no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    2 more expansions and wow is over. Everything is pointing that way.
    One of the first replies to this thread. This guy gets it.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the first replies to this thread. This guy gets it.
    No you really don't get it. Neither does he
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    "Officially dead" and yet you can long into the game right now with no issue.
    Not to mention people said the same thing when Tom Chilton was GD too. They just like to blame whoever because they think their $15/mo entitles them to demand the game be made to their specifications and wants.

actualy ever since ion,raiding has become better and better,and wow has had financial increase yearly,if anything ion will be promoted eventualy

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    actualy ever since ion,raiding has become better and better,and wow has had financial increase yearly,if anything ion will be promoted eventualy
    [citation needed]

raid partecipation is at the lowest

7+ Year Old Account
    Obligatory picture:

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    [citation needed]

Maths is wierd like that, since raid participation can and probably is, influenced by the overall state of game, and obvious loss of playerbase.
    Saying raid participation is at the lowest, without taking significant pieces of the puzzle into consideration, is super dismissive, and it does not bring anything to the table. That said, raids have been great, and I have no dubt they'll stay the same next expansion. participation numbers will go up or down depending on how well the expansion is recieved, just like all the times before. if it's a good expansion, raid participation numbers will go up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeagolski View Post
    Maths is wierd like that, since raid participation can and probably is, influenced by the overall state of game, and obvious loss of playerbase.
    Saying raid participation is at the lowest, without taking significant pieces of the puzzle into consideration, is super dismissive, and it does not bring anything to the table. That said, raids have been great, and I have no dubt they'll stay the same next expansion. participation numbers will go up or down depending on how well the expansion is recieved, just like all the times before. if it's a good expansion, raid participation numbers will go up too.
    Even saying that raid got better and there is a financial increase since Ion took over, without taking in consideration : what is really selling (shop) and how WoW is countend as Classic+Retail

If raiding numbers are lower than previous expac regardless how cool raids are, that shows us how raids themselves are not the main driving force of an expac.

Even saying that raid got better and there is a financial increase since Ion took over, without taking in consideration : what is really selling (shop) and how WoW is countend as Classic+Retail

If raiding numbers are lower than previous expac regardless how cool raids are, that shows us how raids themselves are not the main driving force of an expac.
    Raids are most certainly not the main driving force of any expansion, nor would I argue such, when numbers on that are clear.

[citation needed]

yep,its low participation is the proof of its improvement,wrath had high pariticipation and it was the easiest shity carebear mode raiding wow has ever had(vanila not counting)
    Last edited by deenman; 2022-05-05 at 10:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the opinions and insight of people who can't even spell. Very smart people thinking outside the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    I love the opinions and insight of people who can't even spell. Very smart people thinking outside the box.
    its called dyslexia,get your head out of your ass you natzi