Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alessandrouw View Post
    It is a bug. It has been said on Holinka's twitter that it will be fixed in 7.1. I've reported that bug multiple times and I suggest that everyone also does it to bring attention to the problem.
    alright thanks

i guess as frost for pvp for now i may as well use the other runefore enchants :\ or do they not work either?

Hey guys, I'm in need of some help regarding my trinket selection for Frost dps, mainly for M+ dungeons, raids not so much.
    I currently use Nightborne Defender's Badge (ilvl 850, +1233 str, +932 Haste) together with Spiked Counterweight (ilvl 845, +915 Haste, plus the extra dmg effect)

I have, in my bags, also the 845 version of Shard of Rokmora, which is also around +1.2k str, but with the tanking effect.

I wonder if the pure STR bonus from Shard of Rokmora is better for Frost dps than the Haste + effect from Spiked Counterweight, seeing STR is placed above Haste as our main stat.

Deleted
    any other unholy DK having this bug in pvp? half the time when i die and respawn im still in combat, its really annoying me as i can't mount so im just running accross the BG on foot every time i die! i think its related to still having disease up on the enemy, but as far as i know, having a DoT on an enemy doesn't keep any other class in combat after dying.
    also having a problem with my ghoul just randomly chasing people in bgs, it seems if my DoT is on someone he will chase them, even if i havent been attacking them

Deleted
    So does somebody know if the new 1 minute pot is better than the current war one ? I feel that actually our burst is to weak for the pot, if i see logs our arm warrior doubles my pot dmg easily -.-

Deleted
    Sooo unholy still better than frost ??
    And what happened our dark transformation ? They changed the festergut modell back to the normal transformed ghoul model ?

Deleted
    could somebody tell me if the razorice runeforge bug in pvp has been fixed yet? :\

Quote Originally Posted by prinnybomb View Post
    So does somebody know if the new 1 minute pot is better than the current war one ? I feel that actually our burst is to weak for the pot, if i see logs our arm warrior doubles my pot dmg easily -.-
    The old war ones are wat better in raid fights, as they give more dmg increase. The new 1 minute ones are mainly for multipotting at higher MDG+ dungeons. They kinda introduced the new ones due to the fact that MDG's were getting too expensive, the new pots only need blood of sargaras as ingredient

If i play a blood DK and want to build up a DPS spec for those moments when i'm not needed to tank, which is easier, has more overlap with blood? I'm prioritizing crit/haste as my blood equip.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    If i play a blood DK and want to build up a DPS spec for those moments when i'm not needed to tank, which is easier, has more overlap with blood? I'm prioritizing crit/haste as my blood equip.
    Main stats for frost are crit-versa-mastery
    Unholy is crit-haste-mastery

If i where you i'll take unholy

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Unholy, they both value crit and haste gear.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    is there a good guide anywhere for doing withered army training as blood? struggling to get a good score :\ my damage sucks too much to do anything and my guys keep getting hit by aoe :\

edit: nevermind, i just ran it again and it seemed a lot easier than before
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2016-10-29 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    is there a good guide anywhere for doing withered army training as blood? struggling to get a good score :\ my damage sucks too much to do anything and my guys keep getting hit by aoe :\

edit: nevermind, i just ran it again and it seemed a lot easier than before
    Key things that helped me were to time your interrupts, grips and stun properly, and to avoid pulling lots of things early one (especially before Leystalker Dro). Make sure to interrupt the arcane elementals to minimize aoe bursts, and use your grips and stun to stop their self-destruct cast. Also each of the bosses have a trick to minimizing damage.

For the corrupted dryad behind the first 10+ door, try to interrupt her main cast when you can, and use your grip(s)/stun to break her protected cast. When she places the swirl underneath you, move away from your whithered to avoid hitting them with the aoe.

For Dro, stun the ever-lovng fuck out of him. Use your grip to move him to an area away from trash, and use a talented D&D to either slow him (tightening grasp) or disorient him (tremble before me). Unfortunately your grips will not stop his dashing attack, but you can stun him with asphyxiate and it will prevent him from continuing. It also helps of you can enrage your withered for extra damage, but I would only do that if you can fight him in a relatively clear space.

For The large Fal'dorei spider (behind a locked 10+ door), use your stun to stop her channeled cast that summons spiderlings, and use mind freeze and grip to interrupt her slashing cleave.

For the large elemental surrounded by Fal'dorei (third 10+ door), you can skirt the room and pick off the spiders one at a time (except the back two, they pull together) before tackling the elemental. It takes practice a bit of luck, but it can be done. As for the elemental himself, is is functionally the same as the other medium-sized varieties you have dealt with before.

Elfbreaker looks and sounds like a problem, but if you pull him into the hallway you came from and just stun and grip him as often as possible he should go down fairly quick.

The last boss is the spider queen that is spawning the little spiderlings that are running into the room with Elfbreaker, and they will not stop spawning until you run into the chamber where the queen spider is located. I have found that once I kill Elfbreaker, the best solution was to leave my withered enraged and slowly work my way up the stairs using blood boil, heart strike, consumption and D&D to grab the spiderlings and hold them for the withered to kill. It takes time but eventually you will make your way up the stairs to the big spider and then you can pull her and be done.

edit:

Once you start grabbing the large chests and unlocking the withered upgrades, things go MUCH smoother.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aroth View Post
    Key things that helped me were to time your interrupts, grips and stun properly, and to avoid pulling lots of things early one (especially before Leystalker Dro). Make sure to interrupt the arcane elementals to minimize aoe bursts, and use your grips and stun to stop their self-destruct cast. Also each of the bosses have a trick to minimizing damage.

For the corrupted dryad behind the first 10+ door, try to interrupt her main cast when you can, and use your grip(s)/stun to break her protected cast. When she places the swirl underneath you, move away from your whithered to avoid hitting them with the aoe.

For Dro, stun the ever-lovng fuck out of him. Use your grip to move him to an area away from trash, and use a talented D&D to either slow him (tightening grasp) or disorient him (tremble before me). Unfortunately your grips will not stop his dashing attack, but you can stun him with asphyxiate and it will prevent him from continuing. It also helps of you can enrage your withered for extra damage, but I would only do that if you can fight him in a relatively clear space.

For The large Fal'dorei spider (behind a locked 10+ door), use your stun to stop her channeled cast that summons spiderlings, and use mind freeze and grip to interrupt her slashing cleave.

For the large elemental surrounded by Fal'dorei (third 10+ door), you can skirt the room and pick off the spiders one at a time (except the back two, they pull together) before tackling the elemental. It takes practice a bit of luck, but it can be done. As for the elemental himself, is is functionally the same as the other medium-sized varieties you have dealt with before.

Elfbreaker looks and sounds like a problem, but if you pull him into the hallway you came from and just stun and grip him as often as possible he should go down fairly quick.

The last boss is the spider queen that is spawning the little spiderlings that are running into the room with Elfbreaker, and they will not stop spawning until you run into the chamber where the queen spider is located. I have found that once I kill Elfbreaker, the best solution was to leave my withered enraged and slowly work my way up the stairs using blood boil, heart strike, consumption and D&D to grab the spiderlings and hold them for the withered to kill. It takes time but eventually you will make your way up the stairs to the big spider and then you can pull her and be done.

edit:

Once you start grabbing the large chests and unlocking the withered upgrades, things go MUCH smoother.
    thanks nice guide!

as i said in my edit i dd a few runs since making that post and started to find it easier, think getting some withered upgrades from chests helped a lot.

the elfbreaker is the one boss i just cant get past, most of the other bosses im finding fairly easy now. the room i really hate is that one with lots of eggs, the withered just love stepping all over those eggs :|

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    thanks nice guide!

as i said in my edit i dd a few runs since making that post and started to find it easier, think getting some withered upgrades from chests helped a lot.

the elfbreaker is the one boss i just cant get past, most of the other bosses im finding fairly easy now. the room i really hate is that one with lots of eggs, the withered just love stepping all over those eggs :|
    For Elfbreaker, my suggestion would be to spec into Tremble Before Me and make use of the cower effect it gives D&D to stun him. What I like to do is pull back into the hallway a bit and enrage my withered, then grip him into the hallway (iirc it wont move him, but he will run towards you). Just keep his aggro on you and pull him back into the hall a ways, then go to town. He tends to melt for me, but then I have all of the upgrades and usually have ~30 withered by the time i reach him. Keep in mind that you won't get any bonuses for having lots of withered left when you reach the end, so its ok if he manages to take out a few. In fact once you have all the medium and large chests, the rewards cap at 425 points afaik. That is enough to get you the 4x100 bonus rep tokens. Unsure about the AP token, but I've never not gotten it so *shrug*.

As for the egg room, stand back in the adjacent room and use D&D to break the eggs near the entrance first. AS long as your withered arent enraged the spiders should make it most of the way to you before the withered go psycho. THen grip the big spider at the center out of the room and let the withered kill him. That will trigger the ones on the ceiling to fall down and make their way to you. Once they are all dead, you can let your withered go nuts in the room and kill all the eggs.

Other than legendaries and frost relics, what's the difference between having your loot specialization set to Frost versus Unholy? I seem to get all sorts of stats on my plate/accessories on either loot spec.

Deleted
    Doing Viz'aduum as Frost. Use AMS to cleanse the debuff off me that spawns the purple balls. Get instantly killed because I take damage from 10 balls. Anyone else had this issue? It only happens when I use AMS to cleanse it off myself, I think this probably isn't intended behaviour.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2016-11-02 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beingbob View Post
    Other than legendaries and frost relics, what's the difference between having your loot specialization set to Frost versus Unholy? I seem to get all sorts of stats on my plate/accessories on either loot spec.
    That is the only difference. The loot specialization option is not capable of differentiating between secondary stat combinations on gear because at any given time, any piece of plate gear that is available (with any combination of secondaries) might be exactly what you need to properly balance your stats.

For some reason i cant find detailed info on this anywhere.

Assuming cleave fights - M+ mainly - when you are spamming scythe every gcd, should you still prioritise refreshing talons x3 over an extra scythe?
    If you have any kind of priority target, of course it makes sense to keep the talons up, but if you are just aoeing down the trash, wouldnt it make more sense to just spam scythe as much as you can, since 1 rune cost means you are usually gcd locked rather than rune locked...

And since i run icecap with bracers, more scythes also means more pillar uptime

Edit: bonus question. You have a large cleave pull in M+, and gou are at full runes. Do you dump your runes asap via oblit (to get pulse), and then keep them down with scythe, or do you ignore pulse completely and just spam scythe?

So far ive been sticking with scythe spam on pulls of 4 or more, as it feels id get more benefit from extra scythes rather than pulse uptime, but im not sure.
    We dream, we dream.

Does Frost DKs scales well with gear? Thinking about rolling one.

Frost never scaled well with gear. They always got band-aid buffs. Not sure if the next patch gonna change this and if so, that would be a first.