Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Question About yesterday`s ban wave... did you get banned and dont know why?

Hey guys, seriously, not here to cry about ban or to say I am innocent... I am just curious about what happened to me yesterday, I am just trying to figure it out.

I have seen many ppl saying that they got banned for bot usage, 3rd party software and so, meanwhile I got banned for "mechanics abuse".

Did anyone got this same sort of ban?

I have no clue, really no idea, why I got banned.

Dont have much gold on my char, everything I do most of the time is spend sometime on AH, I am nice to ppl (never curse anyone even if they are realllllly bad or have no idea what they are doing), do lots of mythic+ (I love this stuff) and raid like 4 times week. Ahhh and any other DK, Suffering well!!!

I got now like 250k gold on my char, nowaday this is probably nothing, so this is cleary not a gold abuse... just want to know if anyone else think they got ban by mistake.

PS: I am waiting for any GM come online to get more info about it.

You used an exploit to avoid something.
    Last edited by Bogmore; 2016-11-10 at 12:22 PM. Reason: got it wrong.

You say you do lots of m+. I heard there is a glitch at the beginning of Neltharion's Lair where if you do a timer and then activate the keystone you can jump down the waterfall immediately, thus avoiding the shield blocking the way. Did your groups do this a lot? If yes then it might be that. On a different note though, it's really frustrating that when they ban you they just give you a very general reason instead of pointing out what it was that you actually did, but then again I guess it's just easier this way to send out more bans.

"Mechanics abuse" can be almost everything. Most of the time it means you repeatedly did something in a way in which it's clearly not meant to be done.
    So I guess you already know what you got banned for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogmore View Post
    Maybe that AH bot you used is the reason, or maybe abuse of the economy? Your email will tell you why.
    As I said, did not come here to lie and so... i really have nothing to do with bot

My email just says "mechanics abuse", does not tell me any more details. Has no mention to economy, 3rd party software... nothing. Its like I abused of some glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangetsu View Post
    You say you do lots of m+. I heard there is a glitch at the beginning of Neltharion's Lair where if you do a timer and then activate the keystone you can jump down the waterfall immediately, thus avoiding the shield blocking the way. Did your groups do this a lot? If yes then it might be that. On a different note though, it's really frustrating that when they ban you they just give you a very general reason instead of pointing out what it was that you actually did, but then again I guess it's just easier this way to send out more bans.
    Almost did no NL, but I am sure I did not skip any of the times I did, the only thing I did there was climb the shield.
    CoS I remember I skipped the boat thing twice, but seriously, ban for that ?! Because I abuse of 30s thing? :/

I am still waiting for the GM, I really hope he can tell me exaclty what I have done...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangetsu View Post
    Standing on top of that shield once it breaks and jump is not mechanic abuse. Its not abuse of any kind. its made so you can walk on it. It would have been easy for blizzard to make it so you couldnt.

It seems odd they ban people before letting them know what they are banned for. Imo

Streamers did the dungeon skips all the time before they were removed, don't think its banable

Quote Originally Posted by dR-vIce View Post
    "Mechanics abuse" can be almost everything. Most of the time it means you repeatedly did something in a way in which it's clearly not meant to be done.
    So I guess you already know what you got banned for.
    I wish I knew lol

I reallllllly dont

Whatever I did, I did not do enough! I got almost no gold, when I was doing 5k a day trying to sell enchants, ppl were doing 200-400k selling bs bracers, I am just regular guy when comes to gear, right now at 1/7M, took me ALOT of time to get my first legendary, last week I checked my played time and I was around 27d at level 110, so you can see, I am playing ALOT!

So I really put alot of effort in this char, which btw I am only playing it (got one alt to level 101, other to level 102 and gave up afraid of leave my main in the dark) and got this abuse thing.

I just expect they tell exactly what I have done... even if they dont remove my ban, I have the right to know right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Standing on top of that shield once it breaks and jump is not mechanic abuse. Its not abuse of any kind. its made so you can walk on it. It would have been easy for blizzard to make it so you couldnt.
    He's not talking about that. With correct timing, you can jump into the hole, then activate the keystone and everyone (apart from the key holder) spawns inside the tunnel during the timer (so you save like 20 seconds). In any case, they would never ban people for something like that, they'd just fix it (as they've done with numerous other similar "tricks").

Deleted
    The denial stage, lol.

Why would I get banned, I'm not some ridiculous cheating peahead.

You don't have the right to know, apart from a general area of what you did, you know you did something wrong from the tone of your post. A ticket is the way to appeal, go make one.

You have to realise, it may have been something you did months ago.

You don't have the right to know, apart from a general area of what you did, you know you did something wrong from the tone of your post. A ticket is the way to appeal, go make one.

I am still waiting for a GM to come online... but I dont have the right to know what I have dont wrong? That sounds like BS. So I will be punished and dont even know why? That makes no sense

7+ Year Old Account
    man these bots waves allways make me nervous, i dont bot but i allways get nervous i might be banned on accident or some shit :S of corse i could get it back but all the raids i would miss during the time D:

but you cheated, you get banned plain and simple
    if you dident a gm will easily sort it out
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    If it was intentional or not you will still get banned for it. If you don't know it's a bug, or act stupid yet use it thinking it's just an "overpowered" mehanic they can still ban you. Excesive use or a serious abuse can lead to permanent bans.

Further more even if you claim you are innocent you will have to wait the ban out most of the times. You can even prove you are innocent but, depending on the GM you are dealing with and the admin he is dealing with, you will not have your ban removed. There is no legal penalty for Blizzard. In Therms of use and agreement you accept that blizzard retains the right to your account and can delete it, ban it, alter it and do anything they want to it without a need to have a valid reason.

Why don't you use your pea head before you write something? I can guarantee you 1000% that you would not have this attitude if it happened to you.
    This forum is definitely sickening at times. Guilty until proven otherwise.

I don't bot, so i didn't get banned. Pretty simple.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by olivete View Post
    I am still waiting for a GM to come online... but I dont have the right to know what I have dont wrong? That sounds like BS. So I will be punished and dont even know why? That makes no sense
    Don't bother with the troll responses Olivete. Mechanics abuse is a very nebulous title they can attach to a variety of misdemeanours. Have a word with the GM when he comes on as he will have the correct info. Despite popular belief false bans do infact occur now and then. Blizzard is not some infallible god like entity they do make mistakes (banning me for botting in heroes of the storm despite my 'impressive' combined play time of 58 minutes for example). When a mistake is made they will rectify it once you bring it to their attention.

The hard part is waiting patiently for them to realise their mistake while you're missing out on game time. If you are innocent it will get sorted. If you unknowingly did something against the rules it will be a different story though, most likely at the discretion of the gm.

How long was yer ban?

"Mechanics abuse"

There's a thin line between that and "clever use of game mechanics".

You sure you didn't cleverly use game mechanics such as the seesaw that is often involved in skipping parts of instances or avoiding certain boss abilities?

Strange, I've been botting like crazy, cross multiple accounts since WLK, I've never gotten banned. Not even once.
    Wonder what all the others are doing wrong, in the meantime, more gold to be earned for me! xD