Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Awesome tips going to bookmark this page!

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

For easy Arcway runs during Bolstering/x week you can banish mobs and they won't get buff bolstering.

Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post
    For easy Arcway runs during Bolstering/x week you can banish mobs and they won't get buff bolstering.
    Same goes for shadow priest mind controls. You can MC and dismiss as soon as the other target dies and you won't get bolstering.
    Talking about the untalented, baseline MC

Deleted
    What's the average overall dps needed to do +12-+15 keys on time? I've tried +12 for the first time today, it was NL, overall dps all 3 of our dps shelled out was between 31-35k each, and we weren't even close to beating the timer. We didn't try to beat the timer, instead went with loads of cc's and focusing more on not wiping, just curious as to what's the requirements for dps in highest level keys.

I usually run in a group where 2 of us are doing 500-600k overall and 1 doing 350-400k, tank doing 200k or so. This has been enough dpswise for 2 chesting +11 and enough dps for +13 (haven't tried further, although we don't have any optimal paths and are bad with potting so we're just gonna wait till +15 is easy)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Useful tips overall, thanks

Could you provide some tricks for NL +10 with Fortified affix? We just did +11 and had to use CC on 2 of 3 pelters (3 minutes overtime), and kill them one by one (single target). The biggest problem were those scorpions at the last boss, it was almost impossible to kill one without having someone die, because our comp is short on personals... Trick with max range seems to be hotfixed, because our mage & priest tried it without success.

Group comp: Blood DK, Fire Mage, Holy Priest, Assassination Rogue, Frost DK.

Use dps cooldowns on one scorpion and your apotheosis thing on the other - you dont need cd's on the boss after.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    teeming + fortified are making things a lot harder. the best advise i can give this week is to boost a m+9 to m+12 for the chest. Furthermore bring at least one class which is able to redirect aggro (hunter or rogue). Add as much cc as possible for +12, otherwise this will be a very frustrating experience.

Maybe someone else can proof my perception: The damage buff of tyrannical is an additive effect, but fortified seems to be an multiplicative effect.

Deleted
    Anyone got any advice for how to best handle the last part of Vault of the Wardens with teeming + necrotic? The group I ran with insisted to take the shortcut and jump down to the spiders, but I found no space to kite them and ended up with 20+ stacks in a manner of seconds. With an additional spider pack just nearby plus the two warden spirits, we obviously wiped...

I've never liked that shortcut as it's often troublesome with bolstering as well. Is the shortcut really the way to go with necrotic and if so how do you handle it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Phoenix View Post
    Anyone got any advice for how to best handle the last part of Vault of the Wardens with teeming + necrotic? The group I ran with insisted to take the shortcut and jump down to the spiders, but I found no space to kite them and ended up with 20+ stacks in a manner of seconds. With an additional spider pack just nearby plus the two warden spirits, we obviously wiped...

I've never liked that shortcut as it's often troublesome with bolstering as well. Is the shortcut really the way to go with necrotic and if so how do you handle it?
    We have started to skip all of the little spiderlings there:
    When getting downstairs, kill the first 4-spider pack, then kill the spirit and the big spider thingie that does the roots. Then get levitate/slow fall and while jumping down so that you hit the right side of the corridor to the last boss room take an invis pot. It actually also works without the levitate, but we had occasions where invis pot broke due to falling damage.

Haven't tried it with teeming and might be a bit more difficult to get the necessary trash to 100%, but we mostly killed the imps and little demons in the first part to get there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TrueAbstract View Post
    Could you provide some tricks for NL +10 with Fortified affix? We just did +11 and had to use CC on 2 of 3 pelters (3 minutes overtime), and kill them one by one (single target). The biggest problem were those scorpions at the last boss, it was almost impossible to kill one without having someone die, because our comp is short on personals... Trick with max range seems to be hotfixed, because our mage & priest tried it without success.

Group comp: Blood DK, Fire Mage, Holy Priest, Assassination Rogue, Frost DK.
    max range was fixed (for whatever reason, I thought it required enough skill as there is not much wiggle room and mobs are moving, but well).

What still works is standing right under the scorpion's tail. However, that also stops working when everyone is there. In your group, I would have the Holy Priest and 2 melees stand under the tail and the fire mage be the main heal target.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Phoenix View Post

with no bolstering its easy enough to do - blitz the spiders down to 50%~ and they will no longer apply necrotic, same as wardens wont apply necrotic unless people are in melee range