[TV] The Inhumans

It appears that ABC has greenlit a series based on Marvel's Inhumans.
    http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/marv...rs-1201917880/

ABC has ordered a new series, “Marvel’s The Inhumans,” based on the classic comic-book characters, in partnership with IMAX. Under a production, marketing and distribution agreement with the theater chain, a version of the first two episodes of the live-action series will premiere in IMAX theaters next summer. ABC will then debut the weekly hour-long drama on television the following fall.
    The series will be produced by Marvel Television in conjunction with ABC Studios and filmed entirely with IMAX cameras. IMAX, a financing partner on the show, will premiere “The Inhumans” in September, 2017.
    Created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, the Inhumans are a race of superpowered beings who first appeared in Marvel Comics publications in 1965. Inhuman characters appeared last season on ABC drama “Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD.” The new series, however, will not be a spinoff of “SHIELD.” It will focus on Black Bolt, the leader of the Inhumans, and his family.
    ABC’s broadcast of the first two episodes in the series will feature original content not included in the IMAX version.
    “This unprecedented alliance represents a bold, innovative approach to launching great TV content for a worldwide audience,” said Ben Sherwood, co-chairman, Disney Media Networks and president, Disney/ABC Television Group. “It highlights Disney|/ABC’s unrelenting commitment to finding new and creative ways to showcasing our very best programming and increasing global engagement and reach.”
    A movie version of “The Inhumans” had at one time been part of Marvel’s feature-film slate, slotted for premiere in 2018. The feature project was later scrubbed from Marvel’s slate.
    No writer or showrunner has yet been attached to the new series.
    “We’re happy to see this unique deal come together, working with our partners,” said Dan Buckley, president, Marvel Television, publishing and brand. “In an ever-changing world of distribution and consumption, it’s very exciting to be part of a groundbreaking initiative that takes us to the forefront of this evolution.”
    IMAX CEO Rich Gelfond added, “This first-of-its-kind multi-platform production, distribution and marketing agreement brings together Marvel Television’s unique brand of entertainment, ABC’s unparalleled audience and IMAX’s brand and global fanboy demographic. It also takes our decades-long relationship with The Walt Disney Company to a whole new level, jointly breaking new ground in the industry. We are confident our exhibition partners will be excited to work with us on this innovative launch of a series across the IMAX network.”

So I guess the Inhumans movie really got scrapped, eh? To be fair, they don't really fit in the MCU atm. They didn't present Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver as mutants or inhumans cause whatever licensing deals they had going on. AoS seems to have moved on from them to explore other materials.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2016-11-15 at 02:39 AM.

So is Chloe Bennet gonna leave shield then?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    probably a bad sign for Agents of Shields future prospects. It's already expensive and marvel shows on ABC (both carter & shield) have kinda meh ratings TBH.
    Hi

future news: everything moves to netflix

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    probably a bad sign for Agents of Shields future prospects. It's already expensive and marvel shows on ABC (both carter & shield) have kinda meh ratings TBH.

I was thinking the same thing, this could spell the end for AoS, the introduced Robbie Reyes who will get a Netflix series, and now the Inhumans on broadcast tv, I really don't see them running both shows, but I could be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks good, can't wait. Hope it doesn't mean the end of AoS though, it's one of the few comic books shows I'm still watching XD.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So is Chloe Bennet gonna leave shield then?
    She's the only reason I still semi-watch it. Hate her politics, love her face.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Inhumans on...ABC? Yeah, there goes my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Let's face it, after Agent Carter cancellation, AoS is probably the worst material currently in MCU. They're like eating the scraps off the bottom of the barrel with subtle references to better source materials than they're using.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Let's face it, after Agent Carter cancellation, AoS is probably the worst material currently in MCU. They're like eating the scraps off the bottom of the barrel with subtle references to better source materials than they're using.
    Never liked Agent Carter. Not into time period pieces.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    I wish Marvel would stop wasting decent characters and storylines on ABC.

If this project does well, it could very well pave the way for other future projects even those non-marvel related.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Agreed. I didnt' like her outburst on twitter about trump winning but I like her as an actress. Also she's gorgeous.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Honestly, AoS is my favorite of the mcu series. The more tie-ins to the films, the better. Netflix basically has no tie-ins :c