Page 50 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishy View Post
    dropping rot in the corner only makes the encounter harder (as you will stay safely at the corner in phase 2), I normally drop rot where I stand (avoid dropping it near portals/gateway) and move out a little bit

don't push it to 10, even at 8, to avoid everything if possible is the best way to maximize dps and to help your healers
    Quote Originally Posted by Bib View Post
    I would only recommend to get stacks intentionally, if there are a lot of ppl at 8/9 stacks. In this case a few should get to 10 stacks to split the amount of peoplpe getting mc'ed on two phases.
    Hey thanks for the tips to both of you, I'll try that next time. Tbh I already suggested the raid for not dropping the rot in the edge/corner of the room but some dps told me that was a bad idea, what if there are bugs there during the phase 2 and we're trapped *shrugs*

lol let's hope that I ain't being called for dropping my rot where I stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Personally I stay near to the edge and I barely have to move for rot. For breath I use my gateway and just turret. You also have your circle if you need to move (and/or perhaps go to melee). One of our tanks co-ordinates the stack getting. They will ask some to push but not too many (as in all 6+ or you will end up with a wipe sometimes.) Is Implosion really needed? Our melee tend to melt the MC people. A warrior or shaman also stuns every time as well.
    we have... these set up for melee dps.
    1x warrior
    1x rogue
    1x monk
    1x demon hunter
    2x death knights (both frost) I don't know much about them dks but I heard in discord that some of their attacks can snare ppl and ppl told em not to do that. I'm pretty sure our raid problem is when 50% of the melee dps are being MCed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishy View Post
    dropping rot in the corner only makes the encounter harder (as you will stay safely at the corner in phase 2), I normally drop rot where I stand (avoid dropping it near portals/gateway) and move out a little bit
    I'll echo this. If you drop all the rot on the outer edge, when P2 hits your safe spots now end up between rots coming into boss and the boss, forcing you to move from them. Leaving the edges of the room clear allows you get behind the rots moving into the boss so the only thing to worry about is bugs. I generally set my port up in an area I now stays fairly clear of rot and as soon as P2 starts I port to it to get behind all the rot patches going to the boss.

The portion where they mention dropping them in line with other rots is also important, as due to the way they converge on boss in P2 it will keep them inline instead of having a huge wall of rot people have to run around

Deleted
    Okey boys, so it turns out I poop rainbows because my RNG is Godlike. I have the Demonology legendarys listed; Sin'dorei Spite, Kazzak's Final Curse and the Recurrent Ritual.

As soon as I can I'll start using the wrists in my setup, currently I don't have a pair of Shoulders or Belt to replace them with anything, so I can't use them. Oh unlucky me. LOL. I was just sure I would get a Prydaz or that damn Sephuz ring and I didn't even think I'd get a third lottery win in a row.

I don't know if I want to give up the Recurrent Ritual even if its a dps loss compared to the Kazzak's Final Curse just because of how accustomed I have become to the rotation with the Recurrent Ritual shoulders. I'm guessing I should just bite the bullet and run the belt on anything that im gonna multidot and run the Darkglare on anyways, like Cenarius, Dragons, Xavius, Odyn, and Helya.

SO, TLDR: is it a huge loss if I just use the Recurrent Ritual and Sin'dorei Spite over using Sin'dorei & Kazzak's?

@herpsderpsanon

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...fo=Legendaries

Woz' sims say to go with the doom belt, but the logs seem to indicate the shoulders.
    Last edited by Joryy; 2016-12-02 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuux View Post
    @herpsderpsanon

Woz' sims say to go with the doom belt, but the logs seem to indicate the shoulders.
    Belt has higher potential, hence why it outsims the shoulders, but the shoulders aren't affected by movement like the belt is - the shoulders are only better on singletarget fights with enough movement to gap the difference to the sims.
    Bracers are still a bit buggy for imps.
    Last edited by Rorixis; 2016-12-03 at 12:47 AM.

@herpsderpsanon

Doom belt is 100% the way to go. Those logs just mean that more people have the shoulders which is a terrible metric to look at all things considered when you're trying to min/max DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post
    Belt has higher potential, hence why it outsims the shoulders, but the shoulders aren't affected by movement like the belt is - the shoulders are only better on singletarget fights with enough movement to gap the difference to the sims.
    Bracers are still a bit buggy for imps.
    Bracers are fixed now.

Shoulders and Belt are both equally affected by movement - don't know how you figure they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Doom belt is 100% the way to go. Those logs just mean that more people have the shoulders which is a terrible metric to look at all things considered when you're trying to min/max DPS.

Bracers are fixed now.

Shoulders and Belt are both equally affected by movement - don't know how you figure they aren't.
    Live or PTR?

- Shoulders only require you to stand still every 15 seconds where as belt gets better for every imp so you obviously get more out of it by standing still more?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post
    Live or PTR?

- Shoulders only require you to stand still every 15 seconds where as belt gets better for every imp so you obviously get more out of it by standing still more?
    Bracers were hotfixed on live a few days ago.

Belt requires you to summon Imps/demons to gain value and you'd have to stand still for that regardless...so....

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    New Demo legendary helm, doesn't drop stacks upon leaving combat or logging out. Lel.

Shit is so broken in conjunction with bracers. 14mill non-critical TKC's?

Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    New Demo legendary helm, doesn't drop stacks upon leaving combat or logging out. Lel.

Shit is so broken in conjunction with bracers. 14mill non-critical TKC's?
    Um...no?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1228092781

Deleted
    allright, thanks boys, i'll be toying around with the setup once I get a replacement piece for my belt/shoulders.

also what the heck do I do on mythic helya talent wise? do I just go full AoE cleave with dankglare and impending doom just like cenarius/dragons/xavius or full singletarget with implosions? this is mindbogglign and I can't make out anything consistent from the heroic logs that would relate to the mythic fight
    Last edited by mmocfdca0ff4fa; 2016-12-04 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by herpsderpsanon View Post
    allright, thanks boys, i'll be toying around with the setup once I get a replacement piece for my belt/shoulders.

also what the heck do I do on mythic helya talent wise? do I just go full AoE cleave with dankglare and impending doom just like cenarius/dragons/xavius or full singletarget with implosions? this is mindbogglign and I can't make out anything consistent from the heroic logs that would relate to the mythic fight
    Do whatever your raid needs is usually the right answer.

@herpsderpsanon

Yey, got prydaz as first legendary today, rip my warlock :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Amko View Post
    Yey, got prydaz as first legendary today, rip my warlock :-D
    Warlock I did ritual of doom today with had Prydaz and Sephuz

So apparently blizzard REALLY hates demonic synergy. Part of me thinks it's just because of the legendary helm.

They are just showing they dont play the same game, its getting really annoying. Whomever is in charge of Warlocks @blizz are doing a very poor job of "fixing" the specs. They just are falling flat on their faces again. Nerf nerf nerf is not always the answer, especially when changing how a talent works (aka Making service much better for demo) then nerfing synergy to be lesser.

Deleted
    Well, we don't know where we end up on the scale yet. The changes to stats and changes yet to come may put our own damage so high that 25% from synergy may be close to what 40% is currently. Complaining about damage adjustments is rather futile still. I do hope they do something about Sin'dorei Spite together with Supremacy if that ends up being the go-to talent, though. Super clunky to hard cast for the proc.

Blizzard however kinda shoots themselves in the foot by introducing seemingly nonsensical nerfs before people get the see any buffs. It's a certain queue to get overwhelmed by complaints. Maybe it has to be that way though. After all, there are so many specs nowdays that it's probably not possible to do everything in the "right" order and communicate about every change.

I'm not saying they won't fuck up... they've done this many times before, but I'm still reluctant to complain about damage adjustments at this stage. Mechanics, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimejii View Post
    They are just showing they dont play the same game, its getting really annoying. Whomever is in charge of Warlocks @blizz are doing a very poor job of "fixing" the specs. They just are falling flat on their faces again. Nerf nerf nerf is not always the answer, especially when changing how a talent works (aka Making service much better for demo) then nerfing synergy to be lesser.
    I don't think it's a warlock problem. Blizzard just isn't very good at balancing and doesn't have the best ways to implement their ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Clonan View Post
    Well, we don't know where we end up on the scale yet. The changes to stats and changes yet to come may put our own damage so high that 25% from synergy may be close to what 40% is currently. Complaining about damage adjustments is rather futile still. I do hope they do something about Sin'dorei Spite together with Supremacy if that ends up being the go-to talent, though. Super clunky to hard cast for the proc.

Blizzard however kinda shoots themselves in the foot by introducing seemingly nonsensical nerfs before people get the see any buffs. It's a certain queue to get overwhelmed by complaints. Maybe it has to be that way though. After all, there are so many specs nowdays that it's probably not possible to do everything in the "right" order and communicate about every change.

I'm not saying they won't fuck up... they've done this many times before, but I'm still reluctant to complain about damage adjustments at this stage. Mechanics, sure.
    I'll be damned before I'm forced to twist summon Doomguard/Infernal. It's just stupid, it's bad enough to have to do it once every 10 minutes for destro warlock let alone every 3 minutes for demo now.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by herpsderpsanon View Post
    Okey boys, so it turns out I poop rainbows because my RNG is Godlike. I have the Demonology legendarys listed; Sin'dorei Spite, Kazzak's Final Curse and the Recurrent Ritual.

As soon as I can I'll start using the wrists in my setup, currently I don't have a pair of Shoulders or Belt to replace them with anything, so I can't use them. Oh unlucky me. LOL. I was just sure I would get a Prydaz or that damn Sephuz ring and I didn't even think I'd get a third lottery win in a row.

I don't know if I want to give up the Recurrent Ritual even if its a dps loss compared to the Kazzak's Final Curse just because of how accustomed I have become to the rotation with the Recurrent Ritual shoulders. I'm guessing I should just bite the bullet and run the belt on anything that im gonna multidot and run the Darkglare on anyways, like Cenarius, Dragons, Xavius, Odyn, and Helya.

SO, TLDR: is it a huge loss if I just use the Recurrent Ritual and Sin'dorei Spite over using Sin'dorei & Kazzak's?
    First off, gratz on your good luck.
    Second, if you disenchanted or sold a belt or shoulder, you can go to worldofwarcraft.com/support and do an item restoration. I just did that because I don't have another belt to wear if I want to shelf my destro belt to run with a demo legendary (assuming I ever get one for demo).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    I'll be damned before I'm forced to twist summon Doomguard/Infernal. It's just stupid, it's bad enough to have to do it once every 10 minutes for destro warlock let alone every 3 minutes for demo now.
    I don't understand your point about pet twisting as demo. What changes happened on recent ptr build that would suggest this is now a thing?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez