Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Updated all 3 specs since I last posted. Still not confident on all 3 really (except possibly Arms), all these changes for all my classes I make WeakAuras for has made this a pretty crazy week. Also, there's absolutely more hotfixes in the works that will change things again.

Even if it is in flux, you guys still need an update on what im at least trying to do. Easy ones first
    Arms - I really don't see any changes, Focused Rage still seems to be the best spec and those abilities weren't touched. I'd like to add better AoE support one day.
    Fury - Added Frothing Berserker support. If you have Frothing Berserker talented, Rampage will only glow if you're at 100 rage. Also added a Frothing Berserker icon to show the buff duration. It is hard to tell if this is actually the new preferred method of playing, it was much worse for me, though I am quite new to this style. Anyway, willing to take Fury suggestions!

Prot - Well this spec has changed the second most id say this patch (Marks Hunters being #1 by a decent margin) so I expected some issues. Prot war has been my main for years so it's been really hard to unlearn my Revenge usage. Anyway, on to changes.

Moved Neltharion's Fury to be above Battle Cry. I debated on simply covering up Battle Cry but Thunder Clap now absolutely needs its own icon since you use it on cooldown for both single target and multi.

Revenge Icon (main 'Bar') - Revenge currently only glows if: Shield Slam and Thunderclap are on cooldown and Revenge is free. Of course, this is a safe time to use Revenge but I would also like it to glow when it is the correct time to use it for Vengeance or with Devastator. However, this is not very easy to determine, especially with Revenge having a CD and being on the GCD. I probably won't get this just right until I think the initial wave of hotfixes is taken care of, I still think we prot wars are in for changes.
    The Revenge icon is blue if Revenge is off cooldown but you do not have enough Rage to cast it.
    The Revenge "FREE" icon shows up if Revenge is free to use, due to a dodge or parry. It will, currently, only glow if Shield Slam and Thunder Clap are on CD.

Vengeance Icon(s) - the "NO BUFF ---- USE" Revenge icon shows up if you do not have any Vengeance buff up and you have >= 59 Rage.
    the "REV" Revenge icon shows up if you have >= 59 Rage and the Vengeance: Ignore Pain buff up.
    the "REV" icon also shows up if there are < 4 sec left on the Vengeance:Revenge buff

The "IPAIN" Ignore pain icon shows up if you have enough Rage to cast a full power Ignore Pain
    The "IPAIN" icon also shows up if there are < 5 sec left on Vengeance:Ignore Pain

That is the current logic, it is subject to change. The clear problem with this setup is free Revenge procs, they are important to use as soon as you can, but you also don't want to waste Vengeance:Ignore Pain. I might write a function that determines the cost of Ignore Pain + Revenge (Free or not) instead of the static 59 Rage, but we'll see.

The GIF is not updated, they are a bit annoying to make and I will surely be changing things again soon.

I have no real assistance planned for the current version of Devastator, with the great work Hamsda has done (again, what a champ he is) I may work in something but currently I just use a swing timer and his Devastator aura. It could be better but man I don't want to work on that and have it ruined in a few days.
    Last edited by khakhan; 2017-01-16 at 10:47 AM.

So I got 2pc tonight, and SB wa doesn't work anymore. Might you be able to make this work with that?

@meoph fixed it, I had 2pc too but hadn't tried it yet. was actually a bit tricky. For anyone who wants to manually fix this: change the aura triggers to be Full Scan and search for the spell normal Shield Block spell id (132404).
    [It was trying to take the new info for upgraded Shield Block (212236) which for some reason has no duration on it.]

Quote Originally Posted by khakhan View Post
    @meoph fixed it, I had 2pc too but hadn't tried it yet. was actually a bit tricky. For anyone who wants to manually fix this: change the aura triggers to be Full Scan and search for the spell normal Shield Block spell id (132404).
    [It was trying to take the new info for upgraded Shield Block (212236) which for some reason has no duration on it.]
    Thank you good sir!!

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Didn't want to import your strings, as i'm using my own.
    Was ist enough for you, to change to Full Scan search and using the spell id 132404?
    I had to (also) search for the exact spell name (Shield Block) to get the timer working again.
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev.B|ASRock Z97 Extreme4|i7-4790K|HR-02 Macho|G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB|Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64|250GB+64GB+1TB SSD|4TB HDD|Seasonic Ultra Prime Gold 1000W|Corsair Scimitar Pro+Razer Sphex|Logitech G910+|LG 34UC88-B|2x iiyama Prolite XUB2792QSU-B1|Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro+AntLion ModMic 4|Thrustmaster T500RS+TH8A

Haha, I just got two piece last night and playing today I was like whaaaa, it's broken. Thanks for the update

Is there a way to make both sets bigger, or do you have to go WA by WA?
    Last edited by Chewtoy; 2017-01-26 at 01:34 AM.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    would you maybe add some trinkets Proccs // Legendary Proccs to the PRott warrior ? like something for prydaz and other absorb things?

Is there an easy way to put the Hamsda code into the current setup so that revenge and thunderclap will show red instead of having the additional WA?
    Last edited by Xrated969; 2017-01-30 at 06:56 PM.

love u man!! i tried every fucking id, maybe i miss something.

Stupid blizzard, could use another stupid name for his stupid fucking buff

Updated for improved Ignore Pain recommendations. No longer says to Ignore Pain if you will waste more than 1/3 of the cast (over cap). Also, better reminder for both the Vengeance buff running out and the Ignore Pain buff itself expiring. Cleaned up some left over things from 7.1.5 updates last month.

Put up a new GIF too.

Installed the new WeakAura code that you put up and made a few minor tweaks to my personal preference. Overall, it's running smooth and is definitely providing all the information needed to be successful overall. Really nice update Khakhan - please do keep up the good work brother.

Updated for improved Ignore Pain recommendations. No longer says to Ignore Pain if you will waste more than 1/3 of the cast (over cap). Also, better reminder for both the Vengeance buff running out and the Ignore Pain buff itself expiring. Cleaned up some left over things from 7.1.5 updates last month.

Put up a new GIF too.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is there a way to track the legendary hands buff ?

Hey Khakahn - so the word is out that Devastator doesn't require us to have to sit there and babysit swing timers anymore. In the event you wanted to make any kind of update to it, figured I'd drop you a line. Still works just as amazing as the last build you got up and running. Really just an absolute pleasure to play Prot like this mate.

@Xirek Thanks man. Hope it's still working out. I haven't had an active subscription for a couple months but I am going to re-up to update some of my weakauras. Anything that needs updating for latest patch for warrior? I'll check myself as well but wanted to know if anyone had ideas for things to add/change/remove. (will remove swing timer if it no longer matters for Devastator)

@khakhan so the good news is, yeah it's still working out. Here are just a few ideas that might be helpful in the next iteration:

• Giant icons for tank CDs overlap the smaller icons and you can't see what you have left in the chamber till it's done.
    • Swing Timer needs to go, no need for that archaic nonsense anymore!
    • Better notifications for Vengeance Weaving

Otherwise, not a whole lot of changes going on in the land of Prot Warrior. Blizzard isn't really doing any improvements as far as I can see brother. Thanks for reaching out and appreciate all the work you put into this man.I've done quite a bit of WA work in the past myself, it's a time sink and a labor of love.

Updated: May 31st I changed a lot of stuff. Finally relented and now cooldowns are shown individually with no giant icon. Reworked Revenge alerts to account for free procs & vengeance. Unified the shorter cd displays like Thunderclap, Revenge, Shockwave. Let me know if I broke anything. Also, should free revenge be higher priority than thunderclap? And removed the swing timer.

Will this be updated for ToS / also can add support for the new rings?

Updated Prot and Arms for 7.2.5. Let me know how its working, thanks.
    @Jazko Just did an update that hopefully accounts for rings. There will be a better way to handle the rings soon, but Weakauras2 not updated for it yet.

Hi Khakhan,
    Could you also add support for massacre to fury in support of the new ring? I feel like with increased execute times on progression we will see a large resurgence of Warriors testing out the new ring and it would be very handy to see when we gain free rampage

Updated Arms today. I will probably do Fury update soon. I know it needs a lot of work, been a long time since I have messed with it.
    Lots of Arms changes, put up a new GIF

https://wago.io/VkqGNMP5-