Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    just ban everything in the US .. god forbid that u wanna go out with family or with friends for some special events like birthday yada yada ..what is wrong with people like u?
    Yeah, but not muh gunz yo. Muh gunz damnit!
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Why not go all in?

Ban restaurants, for starters, and the problem will cease to exist!
    I never said we should ban large parties, I said restaurants should refuse to serve them.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I never said we should ban large parties, I said restaurants should refuse to serve them.
    So you can show up at a restaurant with your other 11 friends and then what? Go in the kitchen and cook yourself?

Deleted
    And that also pisses off everyone else waiting for a table. There is absolutely NO reason to hog up tables for a couple hours. It takes at most an hour to order and eat your food. Its people like you that cause long waits for a table. If you want to talk, then go the hell outside and talk on the sidewalk or go to a bar or the house of someone in your party to talk
    You're free to seek out service at a different establishment.

I find it amusing that you somehow suppose that your singular opinion, outweights that of a party of paying customers. It's not even mathematically sound.

You are 1 versus <many>. You literally become the grumpy, loud minority - That again, is bitching on a Forum, abouuut the fact that you can't be arsed to go to another Restaurant.

Fact is, you are SO arrogant, that you wish to utterly take speech for EVERYONE involved, and make blanket reforms to refusing to serve large parties. Which, again, causes that you:

1. Proclaim for a large part that you have no say over.

2. Attempt to suggest you are more important than large parties of customers.

3. Assume that you are of a really high weight, relative to the argument

4. That we somehow should give a shit.

Which, basically boils down to that you are mad about something not only irrelevant, but fucking fringe case-scenario that you have no reason to moan about, other than not seeking out another establishment.

I'll buy the Rhetoric of that "Others get mad", when a large enough party of said Customers make formal requests - Not a oddity of one random Gen-OT baiter calling for "change". Or maybe you Delude yourself that you're some Obama level shit as well?

"YES, WE CAN! BY THE POWER, OF A GRUMPY MINORITY - YES, WE, CAN!"

As the topic states, I think restaurants should not accept parties of more than 4 people. Nothing pisses me off more than when a group of 12 come into a restaurant. This means they often have to rearrange tables to accommodate them, and it causes everyone else to have to wait even more because they take up the tables space that 3 other small groups couldve had causing everyone else to have to wait longer.

Additionally, when large parties come in, it takes additional staff to serve them creating shittier service for other people (longer waits for drink refills if they ever do come to give you one, longer time to wait for dessert order, longer wait for the bill, and longer wait for receipt).

Large groups of people are also loud causing audible disturbances to everyone around them because they feel the need to shout from one end of the table to the other to talk to each other, and lastly they almost always want serparate checks (takes too much of the server's time) for everyone and rarely leave a good tip (which is why some restaurants demand a gratuity for parties of 8 or more (which should also be illegal because tips are voluntary and you arent allowed to charge different people different prices for the same thing. They are paying more for the same food as the people next to them just because they want to sit together)
    Oh yeah THIS idea would really "make America great again"......

Another innovative idea: How about you just stay home and then things like this wouldn't make you whine so much?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Good restaurants have large tables specifically for that, at least in Europe.
    Large table that sit empty when there arent any large parties, which could be used for smaller parties that are waiting

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    You're free to seek out service at a different establishment.

I find it amusing that you somehow suppose that your singular opinion, outweights that of a party of paying customers. It's not even mathematically
    They are no longer paying customers after they are done eating, at that point all they are is table hogs. Throw them out when they are done so others can get a table. You go to a restaurant to eat, not to bkllshit for 3 hours

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post

High quality stuff, Nixx. Thank you.

Reservations have to be planned for by the management, and on the customer end nothing ever goes according to plan. They are either late, show up with more people, or show up with less which costs the restaurant money, since the service staff is either too overwhelmed to tend to every customer in the room, or ends up having to show up to work for nothing.
    Only once in the last several years have my group of friends had a bad experience at a restaurant with the service and that place was already known for half assing things. And we usually have around 20-24 people under a reservation. All you can eat sushi places are a crap shoot but at least we get food, and the servers don't communicate worth a shit because that is pretty much any Asian restaurant (they all seem to be pretty cold people personality wise). Otherwise, never had any problems with the consistency of service at any restaurant me and my friends go to. The one instance where we had terrible service at a Mexican place, half of our food wasn't even hot, two of my friends didn't get their Mexican pizza until after everyone else had eaten, they didn't have enough menus to cover the whole restaurant and the server didn't bother to come around and ask us if we wanted more drinks.

Deleted
    You have a family of twelve? Not likely
    There's quite a few numbers between 4 and 12

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would the restaurants do something like this, which clearly will cause their profits to plummet and lead to a tremendous backlash in the media?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Large groups are a money maker for the restaurant owner. They are more likely to order appetizers and alcohol. Those two items have some of the largest profit margins when it comes to what they offer. When it comes to servers, it's a more efficient use of time to serve one large party, than it is to serve multiple smaller parties. Now, people will whine about separate checks, but that's not really any different than separate tables. Not only that, most computer systems make separating checks a breeze, so you aren't wasting much time at all.

When it comes to tipping, like any table, that is a mixed bag, and does not really stray much from what an individual table will tip. Some tip a lot, others tip poorly, just like everything else. Some people will say that the average person will tip less in a scenario, but I haven't seen it. People tend to tip better when others around them are also paying. It is a sense of competition. Also, often times one person will pay for the meal, and someone else will tip. That almost always leads to a big tip. You also have the added effect of some people tipping, even though the person paying also tipped.

Restaurants would be foolish to ditch large groups, and the last time I checked, most restaurants like to make money. You get more money per seat, more efficiency, and they usually liven up a place. In the restaurants that I worked at, the best servers usually got the large parties, and they knew just how to work them. My best tip ever was from a party of 50. They stayed there for almost 4 hours, got drunk off their asses, and I got tipped $700. Bottom line, if you take care of customers, they will take care of you... unless they are a shitty tipper like Orlong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Banning overly large soda cups is fascism but banning groups of more than four people from restaurants is THE AMERICAN WAY, Y'ALL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    As the topic states, I think restaurants should not accept parties of more than 4 people. Nothing pisses me off more than when a group of 12 come into a restaurant. This means they often have to rearrange tables to accommodate them, and it causes everyone else to have to wait even more because they take up the tables space that 3 other small groups couldve had causing everyone else to have to wait longer.

Additionally, when large parties come in, it takes additional staff to serve them creating shittier service for other people (longer waits for drink refills if they ever do come to give you one, longer time to wait for dessert order, longer wait for the bill, and longer wait for receipt).

Large groups of people are also loud causing audible disturbances to everyone around them because they feel the need to shout from one end of the table to the other to talk to each other, and lastly they almost always want serparate checks (takes too much of the server's time) for everyone and rarely leave a good tip (which is why some restaurants demand a gratuity for parties of 8 or more (which should also be illegal because tips are voluntary and you arent allowed to charge different people different prices for the same thing. They are paying more for the same food as the people next to them just because they want to sit together)
    I don't think anybody gives a shit about your feelings.

You mean.......
    Restaurants Should Refuse to Serve Large Parties
    ........for Orlong's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure every single person who has worked as a server has read all the up to date research on the mathematics behind tipping. Tipping is mostly an american thing anyway. It's a completely shit system and shouldn't be used.
    That was from a study done in 1976. The way that humans behave in groups doesn't change at all - we're still animals.

I'm really close to using the R word at this point. I need a nice rum & coke, and a massage. Fucking gen-ot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Maybe next time eat at Special Snowflakes, I hear they cater for the selfish and needy.
    So Im a special snowflake now if I want to have a quiet and disturbance free experience when Im paying $50 for a meal? Im not talking about McDonalds

So Im a special snowflake now if I want to have a quiet and disturbance free experience when Im paying $50 for a meal? Im not talking about McDonalds
    You are literally demanding a safe space, snowflake.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

No, you're a special snowflake for thinking that your wants have priority over those of the others in this scenario.

You're free to take your business elsewhere, of course, to all those restaurants that would rather serve you than 12+ people. I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding such establishments, right?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    No, you're a special snowflake for thinking that your wants have priority over those of the others in this scenario.

You're free to take your business elsewhere, of course, to all those restaurants that would rather serve you than 12+ people. I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding such establishments, right?
    He want his entire nation insulated against everything that makes him uncomfortable, and then gets confused why he gets called a snowflake.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Whenever this guy has an issue, argument or whatever, he's the only person that agrees with himself.
    Low IQ, utter lack of common sense...I'm baffled at how he arrives at his conclusions delusions.