Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    "Everything should revolve around giving me the optimal experience at the expense of everyone else because I'm important. Here's some flimsy and unsupported reasoning behind it made to look like its a major problem rather than something I just want for myself."

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    As the topic states, I think restaurants should not accept parties of more than 4 people. Nothing pisses me off more than when a group of 12 come into a restaurant. This means they often have to rearrange tables to accommodate them, and it causes everyone else to have to wait even more because they take up the tables space that 3 other small groups couldve had causing everyone else to have to wait longer.

Additionally, when large parties come in, it takes additional staff to serve them creating shittier service for other people (longer waits for drink refills if they ever do come to give you one, longer time to wait for dessert order, longer wait for the bill, and longer wait for receipt).

Large groups of people are also loud causing audible disturbances to everyone around them because they feel the need to shout from one end of the table to the other to talk to each other, and lastly they almost always want serparate checks (takes too much of the server's time) for everyone and rarely leave a good tip (which is why some restaurants demand a gratuity for parties of 8 or more (which should also be illegal because tips are voluntary and you arent allowed to charge different people different prices for the same thing. They are paying more for the same food as the people next to them just because they want to sit together)
    How about we let restaurants run how they want?

There was a restaurant that did that in the last town I lived in, we had 8 people from work show up and they said they no longer put tables together, so we stopped going.

Only a fool would turn down money, because it doesn't matter if you server 3 tables of 4 or 1 table of 12, you're still serving 12 people.

As the topic states, I think restaurants should not accept parties of more than 4 people. Nothing pisses me off more than when a group of 12 come into a restaurant. This means they often have to rearrange tables to accommodate them, and it causes everyone else to have to wait even more because they take up the tables space that 3 other small groups couldve had causing everyone else to have to wait longer.

Additionally, when large parties come in, it takes additional staff to serve them creating shittier service for other people (longer waits for drink refills if they ever do come to give you one, longer time to wait for dessert order, longer wait for the bill, and longer wait for receipt).

Large groups of people are also loud causing audible disturbances to everyone around them because they feel the need to shout from one end of the table to the other to talk to each other, and lastly they almost always want serparate checks (takes too much of the server's time) for everyone and rarely leave a good tip (which is why some restaurants demand a gratuity for parties of 8 or more (which should also be illegal because tips are voluntary and you arent allowed to charge different people different prices for the same thing. They are paying more for the same food as the people next to them just because they want to sit together)
    "I need a restaurant with a safe space because large groups of people trigger me".

Cool. Not going to happen. Next thread.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    So Im a special snowflake now if I want to have a quiet and disturbance free experience when Im paying $50 for a meal? Im not talking about McDonalds
    Last I checked I go to a restaurant to eat, not to look for a tranquil place. The largest restaurant in my area is one loud noisy place because it is completely filled on a daily basis. Doesn't matter whether it's one group of 30 or 5 groups of 6. Even in fine dining there is a certain degree of noise when a place is completely filled.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2017-02-13 at 01:23 PM.

So restaurants should lose money because some people have poor social skills. Gotcha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    So restaurants should lose money because some people have poor social skills. Gotcha.
    Its not about social skills, Its about being able to think straight without a bunch of boisterous assholes all round you

Its not about social skills, Its about being able to think straight without a bunch of boisterous assholes all round you
    pfft...I hate to break it to you...(nah) but your posts have been indicative of a lack of critical disciplined thinking skills for as long as I've seen them.

When you're the only person that agrees with you...and this is often in these forums, maybe the asshole in question isn't everyone else.

Large table that sit empty when there arent any large parties, which could be used for smaller parties that are waiting

- - - Updated - - -

They are no longer paying customers after they are done eating, at that point all they are is table hogs. Throw them out when they are done so others can get a table. You go to a restaurant to eat, not to bkllshit for 3 hours
    But you said you like to read the paper when you eat. That is clearly slowing you down, so you are doing the exact same thing. You are in a restaurant to eat, not read a newspaper.

- - - Updated - - -

So Im a special snowflake now if I want to have a quiet and disturbance free experience when Im paying $50 for a meal? Im not talking about McDonalds
    Yes, you are most certainly a special snowflake. You don't like something, so you whine about it, and demand others stop doing what you don't want them to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Then stay at home.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.

Wow, that is really, really selfish. So any couple that has 3 or more children shouldn't be allowed to go out to eat?

To be honest, given the concerns you've outlined, I would recommend that you don't out to eat. Most people view going out to eat as a social event.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Last I checked I go to a restaurant to eat, not to look for a tranquil place. The largest restaurant in my area is one loud noisy place because it is completely filled on a daily basis. Doesn't matter whether it's one group of 30 or 5 groups of 6. Even in fine dining there is a certain degree of noise when a place is completely filled.
    Well, in fairness, putting a bunch of tables together DOES reduce the number of people that those tables can seat. So unless they restaurant has extra tables they can bring out to fill the space freed up by "compacting" existing tables, they lose business with large groups. Differences in $/person can alleviate that though, I imagine.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted

Eat your meal at home then, your entitled #¤%#

Deleted
    Or, you know, (a) don't be a misanthropic jerk and (b) mind your own business.

If you don't like the policies of restaurants in your area, open your own and treat your customers the way you want to.

So anyone outside of the 2 parents 2 kids group gets the middle finger. Whoa sorry ya'll you had your 3rd kid here's a big fuck you, you can't eat here.

Or what's that your grandparents are in town and now you have 6. Well Let me just stop you right the fuck there you service disrupting assholes.

Holy shit your son wanted to have some friends over for dinner because it's his birthday and you go out to eat, and now you have 7 people. Well little timmy you can fuck right off.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Well, in fairness, putting a bunch of tables together DOES reduce the number of people that those tables can seat. So unless they restaurant has extra tables they can bring out to fill the space freed up by "compacting" existing tables, they lose business with large groups. Differences in $/person can alleviate that though, I imagine.
    Assuming a table can seat 4 - one person per side a party of 12 will need 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 seats taking up 5 tables assuming that no extra space is created for 2 people by moving the tables next to one another. Based on the people coming in those 5 tables can seat anywhere from 5 to 20 people. If we go for the average a table will have 2.5 people on it meaning that 5 tables on average would serve 12.5 people. That is assuming that the number of people coming in in groups of 1,2,3,4 is the same. Based on the locale and the people visiting it's a real possibility that a party of 12 will take up less space table wise than if the tables were left separate based on how unlikely it is for people to come in groups of 3/4.

So... social skills.

Not being able to function or being annoyed by others is a lack of social adaptability- a social skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess Orlong is against restaurants making profits then. Large parties tend to buy a lot of shit and tip well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    But you said you like to read the paper when you eat. That is clearly slowing you down, so you are doing the exact same thing. You are in a restaurant to eat, not read a newspaper.
    I read while I eat and then leave when Im done eating. It might take me 30 minutes from when I sit down until I leave. I read the rest of the paper at home

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Then stay at home.
    Funny that you wouldnt say the same thing about the library, church, or a doctors office waiting room if someone complained about loud boisterous people

I read while I eat and then leave when Im done eating. It might take me 30 minutes from when I sit down until I leave. I read the rest of the paper at home
    But you are not being efficient with your time. You need to ditch the paper, and move faster. You are ruining it for everyone else. It shouldn't take you more than 4 minutes to eat your meal.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Funny that you wouldnt say the same thing about the library, church, or a doctors office waiting room if someone complained about loud boisterous people
    Probably because the library, church, or doctors office aren't socially accepted places to be loud. Are you really that obtuse? lol
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

- - - Updated - - -

I don't care if someone is loud at a library. If the people who run the library care, then they can silence people. The same goes for a church or a doctor's office. The owner has the say, and if you don't like it, then go elsewhere. That's like complaining that a crowd at a baseball game is too loud.