Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Really dig the ranged bubble mechanic. I had a feeling that would be the next thing we would see, just seems like the only thing missing from the current tank lineup we have. They also seem to want to give a similar mechanic as a base mechanic and an ult to characters of the same role. See infra-sight Widowmaker ult/Hanzo basic and power buff Ana ult/Mercy basic. Now they are doing that with the Zarya pull ult/Orisa basic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Waited in a 2k person queue to get in, joined a skimish, played for <10 minutes, then server error and can't reconnect. Cry cry.

She is totally fun though!
    I had the same 2k person queue, got into my first match, clicked on Orisa and locked in, and then server error.

So much useless rage.

On an unrelated note, how about the "fact" that she's basically a Pit Lord from WoW, minus the wings and tail?

Same kind of centauroid quadruped, and the cheek-tusks are exactly like a Pit Lord's, albeit smaller.

For those curious: Here are her skins, voice lines, and the like. Note that she only has 2 emotes and 1 voice line at the moment, so I expect them to be adding more as the PTR goes. Like Dabacabb says in the video, I also expect the Carbon Fiber and it's white Recolor to be the most popular of the skins...

There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anti-CC ability makes me happy.

I'm still not big on stationary shields. That's one thing I think that makes Winston such a low pick as opposed to D.va and Rein. If you can keep your shield moving with you, you can protect your teammates much easier.

But I might like her. My "main" tank was D.va, now I feel she's way too squishy. I play a lot of Roadhog, but he doesn't feel like a traditional tank. So, given she can run through CC, has a shield, and other stuff, I may wanna try her out and hopefully I'll enjoy another tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Anti-CC ability makes me happy.

I'm still not big on stationary shields. That's one thing I think that makes Winston such a low pick as opposed to D.va and Rein. If you can keep your shield moving with you, you can protect your teammates much easier.
    The big differences are that her shield has 50% more health than Winston's (!), and it's placeable wherever you want. Sure, you're not a mobile shield, but if you know you want to get everyone through a side door, you can drop the shield to cover that and go through, you don't have to hang back to hold it there. If you see a Bastion across the map taking fire, you can shield them from a distance. Etc.

It also lasts 20 seconds, with a 12s cooldown, so if it's not being burned down, it can easily have 100% uptime.

It's gonna really depend on who you're facing. Just played a few rounds, and trying to hit fast-moving small heroes is basically impossible. Genji is a nightmare; your plasma bolts have a travel time, and Genji's mobility means he can just never be where you're shooting. Tracer's probably just as bad. Catching either with your right-click is also gonna be a crapshoot, since both have plenty of tools to get out of range before it triggers.

I think Bastion's Sentry mode is usually immune to knockbacks? Because I DEFINITELY yanked a Bastion out of his corner with her right-click a moment ago. Which went badly, because he went "Huh?" and then hosed me in the face.
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-03-02 at 10:11 PM.

So fucking excited I hate rein so I'm looking forward to this
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Sammidge
    Known Bugs

New Hero - Orisa
    • Additional Voice Lines are currently not listed in the Hero Gallery or unlockable
    • The Supercharger Ultimate can fall through the ground when placed on stairs
    • If Reinhardt destroys the Orisa Supercharger totem it destroys his Shield Barrier health
    • Supercharger can unintentionally target heroes through the Payload
    • Mercy's damage boost does not stack with the buff from Supercharger
    • The kill-feed does not always display when the Supercharger is destroyed
    • The pull effect from Halt! can unintentionally drag immune heroes, like Bastion in Siege mode, or Mei while she is inside Cryo-Freeze
    • Orisa will not receive kill credit if using Halt! to pull enemies to their death
    • Halt! can sometimes grab enemies hiding behind Line of Sight
    • If Protective Barrier is shot off the map, the next time it is used it will despawn shortly after deploy
    • Protective Barrier can be deployed while Hacked
    • Fortify will protect Orisa from Mei's Blizzard Ultimate even after Fortify expires
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over...ic/20753187460

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I think Bastion's Sentry mode is usually immune to knockbacks? Because I DEFINITELY yanked a Bastion out of his corner with her right-click a moment ago. Which went badly, because he went "Huh?" and then hosed me in the face.
    I think they changed it when 1.8 that went live. Because I played Zarya and used Grav Bomb, causing a Bastion to be pulled WHILE IN SENTRY out of position. They very likely made this change on purpose knowing they were going to make a hero who had a pull as part of their kit.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

I think it sucks you can't play against bots on the PTS..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reklia View Post
    I think it sucks you can't play against bots on the PTS..
    You can make a custom game and fill it with bots.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Overwatch gets more heroes than d3 in its entire life span in less than a year

Rip diablo

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Overwatch gets more heroes than d3 in its entire life span in less than a year

Rip diablo
    Overwatch also constantly makes money with loot boxes, warranting more content.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

played a bit of it in PTR practice range. clearly it's meant to be the bastion buster we were hoping for. HUGE magazine with long range and little spread. pus it has aoe and self blocking to make pushing an objective easier. the grav bomb I think will be the challenging move to get down, unless they tweak it's aoe.

clearly it's meant to be the bastion buster we were hoping for
    Um no, her shield is only 900 and when they fix it her gravity thing won't be able to pull bastion. She is literally no way a counter to bastion, it's actually the opposite

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Um no, her shield is only 900 and when they fix it her gravity thing won't be able to pull bastion. She is literally no way a counter to bastion, it's actually the opposite
    combined with her personal shield and her weapon? oookay.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Anyone else think her skins are horrible? I was not impressed.
    the stag beetle one looks cool imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they are horrible but they also aren't very exciting.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    combined with her personal shield and her weapon? oookay.
    Bastion can survive a nano boosted genji blade for it's full duration (which is being nerfed so he probably won't survive it now)

so yes again she is not a counter, it's the opposite. They literally designed Bastion to be a tank buster. Jeff LITERALLY STATED they made her to be an alternative to Rein.

10+ Year Old Account
    She has a purple one named Twilight. Just sayin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh shit, her Fortify even blocks Rein's charge https://gfycat.com/ComplicatedCanineCaimanlizard