Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Horde Warcraft Exiles?

Hey all,

We all know Blizzard for making amazing games that dabble in all the popular gaming markets. Warcraft + Starcraft in RTS, Hearthstone in cards, HoTS with Moba, WoW in mmorpgs, Diablo with ARpg/hack and slash, and Overwatch fps genre. They have older games with different genres, but the majority of popular games have been listed.

I've been seeing a huge rise in Survival games lately. Ark, Rust, Conan Exiles, etc. Some in development, but still successful thus far.

In the Hunter Campaign we find Rexxar on the outskirts of the class hall living off the land. He wants to see if we can live as he does, only then will he join up with the "Unseen Path".

While we prove our worth to Rexxar, he has us survive a night only living off the land. Here we have to cut wood, make a fire, kill mobs for meat, and explore.

While the Rexxar quest is a terrible representation of the Survival genre I got to thinking, will Blizzard capitalize on this Survival genre?

It would be pretty amazing having Azeroth unlocked in pieces surviving off the land, starving if we cannot find food. Truly looking out for packs of mobs like Yettis in Alterac Mountains, while being effected by the weather.

Perhaps they could start a new original brand of characters/lore/world in a new setting.

1.What are your thoughts about Blizzard investing time, money, resources into another genre?
    2. Would you like to see a survival game set in the Warcraft universe? Starcraft? Diablo? Why?
    3. Could it work? If so what would you like to see? Can't work? Why not?

- - - Updated - - -

I have been playing Conan Exiles lately and am having a blast! I enjoy how the game has it's own artistic style that isn't trying to be extremely realistic like Ark(I enjoy the gameplay of Ark as well). I started to think it'd be pretty amazing whether there was a Conan Exiles Mod with Warcraft skins, but even better a Blizzard dedicated game to a Survival genre game.

I think it'd be a great start to faction wars, or a truly open Warcraft game. Factions are set by players per server, so no world is truly the same! A true sense of community will be restored that all veterans and a loud minority/majority of people claim is missing from WoW. A new sense of immersion, exploration, and wonderment for Azeroth.

I believe Warcraft or a new universe would be best. It'd be hard for a Starcraft survival styled game considering they generally start with the player being bare with a loin cloth or less.
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love a 16bit dungeon rpg based on wow, think a link to the past, secret of mana or breath of fire 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    I'd love a 16bit dungeon rpg based on wow, think a link to the past, secret of mana or breath of fire 3.
    I would snatch that up in seconds
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    So like Final Fantasy?

Deleted
    I highly doubt they'll have two warcraft mmos running at the same time, even if they're different genres.

As a single player tho? Sure, why not. Or maybe something similar to zelda: breath of the wild, set in either the warcraft or diablo universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felmourn View Post
    So like Final Fantasy?
    Exactly! Loved those style of RPGS, ChronoTrigger was fantastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I would snatch that up in seconds
    At least it would feel like an RPG, but to see Azeroth from that perspective could be so cool.

10+ Year Old Account

Horde

Exactly! Loved those style of RPGS, ChronoTrigger was fantastic.
    That could be interesting, but do you think Blizzard would tap into the JRPG genre?

I think that we can expect Blizz game on the mobile soon.

I want a Warcraft tactical RPG. Like Warcraft meets Fire Emblem. I just feel like that's such a fitting genre for the series considering the war setting plus the massive amount of established characters and heroes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawclaw View Post
    I want a Warcraft tactical RPG. Like Warcraft meets Fire Emblem. I just feel like that's such a fitting genre for the series considering the war setting plus the massive amount of established characters and heroes.
    I can hear the cries of injustice already. "WHY NOT Warcraft 4?!" "QQ /char" etc...

I think that'd be cool though.

I want a warcraft dating sim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    There isn't one on Newgrounds yet? Color me surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need me an update on Rock & Roll Racing

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Why? You get so much women even though you're short, stocky, half-witted man.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Deleted
    Oh boy we really need another open-world-sandbox-survival-game-with-crafting-elements

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Oh boy we really need another open-world-sandbox-survival-game-with-crafting-elements
    why not? if it covers a different universe, there's no reason not to.

i'm having fun with conan, and i'm pretty sure i'd have fun with a wow version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawclaw View Post
    Yes. Give it to me. One can never have enough Tactical RPGs.

I would also love a JRPG from Blizzard.

Heck yeah, Warcraft Exiles so people could run around with naked WoW toons with genitalia present.

/s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    why not? if it covers a different universe, there's no reason not to.

i'm having fun with conan, and i'm pretty sure i'd have fun with a wow version.
    Thank you.

I feel like the Role-play aspect of it would be insanely awesome! We could literally mold Azeroth into the player image and story lines while letting Blizzard keep their story lines and image in their own artistic vision.

Win win.

Deleted
    Survival game = garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Heck yeah, Warcraft Exiles so people could run around with naked WoW toons with genitalia present.

/s
    Why else would you play Conan: Exiles?!