Poll: Will Solo Queue save ranked pvp?

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Exclamation #SoloQueue can it actually save ranked pvp?

PLEASE VOTE! ONLY TAKES A SECOND OR TWO OUT OF YOUR DAY.

I finished watching the pvp Q&A with Holinka and I noticed he was getting a lot of questions regarding solo queue for rated arenas and battlegrounds. I was asking myself, how dead is ranked pvp right now that people actually want a solo queue. And will it make a difference? Also, I think people are missing the point no? The reason why ranked pvp is dead now is because there is zero incentive to participate. All the best gear comes from mythic+ dungeons, and raiding.

The reason why I think solo queue will be a complete failure is because i've experienced solo queue ranked pvp before in another mmo called star wars the old republic and it was horrid. Too many people would queue to either troll, they would throw games aka lose on purpose, or just afk and do nothing OR they were completely clueless and had no business queing up for ranked. OH! and dont get me started on RAGE quitters.

I dont know. What do you all think?
    Last edited by mmowin; 2017-03-21 at 01:16 AM.

It's too late, I think.

Solo queue requires a lot of people (to enforce it being solo while keeping queue times down) and we just lost like 3/4 of the PVPers with WoD and the stellar beginning of Legion.

Otherwise, yes, solo queue is where it all is in terms of success and mindshare. Teamplay is for championships, and it is a great complement to solo queue - but solo queue is the driver, not the other way around.

I guess no one cares about ranked pvp lol.

Slapping a bunch of sprinkles ontop of a piece of poo, doesnt make it any less poo.

PVP-Gearing and the prestige-system is just that damn horrible, and never lasted
    for even a month properly as the original-intent-design, if that doesnt spell failure i dont
    know what does.

Solo-Queue is unlikely to change much, but would likely just strain salts into the wounds
    of people that play classes that simply arent good 1v1, but could be fun for some, it's worth
    adding but wont save PVP.

I thought there was a post saying that pvp activity is the highest it's been in a long time?

10+ Year Old Account
    They already have a solo queue, it's called skirmish.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still think solo queue is a terrible idea, don't feel like it would work with this sort of game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    I thought there was a post saying that pvp activity is the highest it's been in a long time?
    I also read / heard this too but I don't know who said it or where I read it. FeelsBad

- - - Updated - - -

Come on, guys. We need more people voting. I find it hard to believe that this isn't important to you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Holinka invented a metric on which according to him Legion looks OK compared to WoD (number of players in the ladder after 12 weeks, that's what was said to be higher than in WoD). The metric is bogus, he should compare ladder sizes at the end of the season and on that metric Legion season 1 is a reduction to 60% that of WoD season 3, even lower if we compare to WoD season 1. On top of using a bogus metric, Holinka didn't say how many more people he is "seeing" (1% more? is it even actually more or just "about the same"? did he even see anything?) plus he obviously compared to WoD which was a desert.
    Last edited by rda; 2017-03-18 at 05:29 AM.

They would have to make sure to use a decent mmr system to match players and teams.

If it is anything like skirmishes it will be hit and miss.

If they manage to implement it properly it would be great for the game sure.

Blizzard games tend to be heavily biased against solo players, more than most people realize (e.g. D3's extreme solo inefficiency). Whenever they budge on these group vs. solo issues they have very good reasons; they are going against core design philosophy. They have probably determined it will help with the extreme drop in PvP participation or something. They are usually right, like recently what they did to HotS' hero league making it soloQ only.

And since they really wanted to talk about it now I am sure they are implementing a soloQ system soon. Lets see how they do it.

Solo queue works for ranked games in HotS and other mobas, can't see why it would be such a failure in WoW? If not arenas, then I'm sure it would work just fine for rated battlegrounds, with match making similar to mobas.

WoW's playerbase is quickly shifting from students who have plenty of time to get into organised groups to adults who work full time and have more responsibilities. Solo ranked games would be popular among people who like competitive environment but don't have time to stick to premades.

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    I also read / heard this too but I don't know who said it or where I read it. FeelsBad

- - - Updated - - -

Come on, guys. We need more people voting. I find it hard to believe that this isn't important to you all.
    Solo queue ranked is going to end up (if implemented) like everything else: What we the players imagine it to be, is going to be different to what Act-Blizz actually implements ...

WoW players get excited about progression BUT via gear .. If you give the same character strength increase from other sources people don't like it as much.

People LOVED WoD because it gave everything we wanted from WoW .. It wasn't perfect but it was much more fun than Legion PvP wise ..

Anyone who wants solo queue ranked arena is a spastic and doesnt actually understand arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    Anyone who wants solo queue ranked arena is a spastic and doesnt actually understand arena.
    Anyone who does not realize that solo queue is a much bigger driving force than group queue could ever be (a factor of 100 to 1 easily) is myopic.

For me ? YES, i never set a foot into a Ranked Battleground, cause i'm a solo player and i just want to connect, hit joint and play, that's all, no need to do an appointment for a game.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Anyone who does not realize that solo queue is a much bigger driving force than group queue could ever be (a factor of 100 to 1 easily) is myopic.
    12,777/1,250 = 10 posts per day for 3.5 years.
    lmfao

Arena is ment to be played with specific combinations that work together well or counter current metas.

Solo queue has no purpose in ranked arena, go back to league you idiot.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah sure please give to me. I'm a scrub and just want to suffer enough to get my mount for the season without begging people in group finder.
    Nintendo FC: 5129-5766-6558 Please PM me if you want to add
    Trainer name: December

there are less pvpers than mythic raiders, so pvp is just like pet battles. no one really wakes up and thinks oh maybe this is imbalanced or maybe need to fix this, its just low priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    Partially agree. Solo queue for 2v2/3v3 will be rnjesus fiesta: the team that got matched in a good comp would win. Wow is not like lol/ OW : you can't choose what spec/ class playing depending on your teammates, if u are a rogue, u could only play rogue.

The only solution would be to separate solo que 2v2/3v3 from premade 2v2/3v3, but this would split the community even more.