Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Every thing he said in that fight is correct. Not sure what the issue is honestly. Unless it makes you seem more hardcore to shit on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    I imagine he doesn't. He tried to leave WoW once before and shift his channel to SWTOR, it was a horrible mistake and he quickly came back.

Very few WoW content producers succeed after they move away from WoW, there's just so many players generating income.
    Preach never played SWTOR, Andy (Ghost) did. Preach hasn't touched the game as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    I never used to understand the resentment people have for Preach.

Then I realized it IS resentment, not simple hate. They resent how he is one of many people that have successfully monetized his hobby. Not only is his job just sitting and playing WoW, and talking about what he thinks is bad about it and what he thinks the game should do instead, but he has monetized it to such a degree that not only has he's quit his job and made THIS his job, but he's leasing offices and employing people. And hosting his own PreachCon.

Meanwhile, everyone else goes on forums and complain about the game, and their only reward is maybe someone replies (good or bad. Any reply is acceptable as long as someone acknowledges them). That's it. They bitterly, bitterly resent him.

That, and the whole "I hate people who clear mythic because I don't" thing. But that's just a default. It's mostly the "I get payed to play and complain about video games" thing. The fact that he makes enough to become not only self-employed but an employer is what sends most people over the vitriolic edge.
    this. every last one of you wishes they could have his job, no point denying it. Jealous AF! And yes of course he gets some stuff wrong in his class guides, he does do 34 of them (36 now in the next expansion). he also released a video saying why he wont be making class guides for all classes this expansion and that is of course for the artifact weapon thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    The more I see of Nighthold the less I like it. I feel like people don't quite see it yet, but raiding in LEGION will be remembered as one of the worst addons. The reality of bad design didn't quite hit people yet. But in 2-3 years everybody, besides the few odd people who love having a different opinion just for the sake of having a different opinion, is going to look back on LEGION as a failed design in terms of raids.
    (I still like raiding, but LEGION just doesn't feel right. It is something between the lines that takes some time for the broad masses to comprehend)
    the best addition to the game in Legion is the Demon hunter class, the worst? Artifect weapons and AP! hands down the worst thing they have EVER done. it feels so lazy, so they design 36 unique weapon models (for all the specs), then they design some skins for said weapons and that pretty much covers that gear slot. they do't have to design new weapon models for drops or anything. it feels really really lazy and a cop out. And don't get me started on these F'ing tokens.. now they can just reward AP for everything, saves so much time on designing other rewards instead... I hate the artifact weapons and I hate AP! if they don't get rid of them the next expansion, I won't buy it. this was a big mistake. The only thing cool are some of the skins, but they could easily be weapon drops instead. the unique druid forms are the only thing about it that I actually like, I hate the rest, even if some look good.
    I'm currently unsubbed from the game, I'm thinking about resubbing now 7.2 comes out, which Preach by the way predicted would come in march, everyone else said june. But I don't know. I might just stick to SWTOR as I find it at least as fun as legion and it's F2P too. I might sub 1 month or so to get my class mount and flying and the warebear form for my druid, but thats it. but we can pretty much agree that the core game play of legion is horse rubbish. that would be: artifact weapons and AP.

but this isn't about the state of legion is it? it's dedicated to some video Preach made about the current state of mythic raiding. some say he pulls numbers out of Ghosty's ass, others disagree. I can't believe it has reached this many pages of replies, he doesn't believe it either, I just watched his stream where he brought up this thread. And why do so many people care what someone some of you never even heard of thinks?

Quote Originally Posted by Annoy-o-tron View Post
    I don't know who it is. Why it should even matter if what he said was true?
    thank you, that is what I say, if you don't know who he is, why should you care?

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    this is the first i heard of "mike preach"....and hopefully the last. ....pointless banter to get people to talk. I would say he is stupid but a 14 page forum post about his stream? Don Draper would be proud.
    had to have this quote too just for the giggles, hahaha! but I agree, you have no reason to care.
    Last edited by Fallerup; 2017-03-27 at 12:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallerup View Post
    thank you, that is what I say, if you don't know who he is, why should you care?.
    I understand that you are diehard fan of him, but who cares.
    Point of any discussion is to discuss statements, not a person that puts them.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoy-o-tron View Post
    I understand that you are diehard fan of him, but who cares.
    Point of any discussion is to discuss statements, not a person that puts them.
    is that why half the posts are "who cares what Preach says" ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    is that why half the posts are "who cares what Preach says" ?
    If someone is obsessed with him then maybe. Are those statements in this exact video wrong? Why are they wrong?

Deleted
    Preach never played SWTOR, Andy (Ghost) did. Preach hasn't touched the game as far as I know.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3kwCvesqdo (one of many) took ten seconds, you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    This game should be based on meritocracy and not luck.

The gap between mythic players and "lesser" players has never been smaller. It should be just as large as the difference in difficulty.
    wtf are you talking about ? if we took average joe he would be most probably around between 850-860 itlv and never doin anything more then lfr how do you comapre them to 910 + itlv mythic raiders ?

- - - Updated - - -

this. every last one of you wishes they could have his job, no point denying it. Jealous AF!.
    why would people wish to have his very risky job that is based comletly on old game that is less and less popular with each year ? - at least people like Bellular have clear goal with his "notice me sempai blizz and hire me" goal or Towlee who is a entertainer / twitch celebrity with multiple sponsors - preach on the other hand is basing everything on wow - look at his other non-wow videos - 5-6 k views which is nothing if you want to make $ from youtube , or maybe you mean the $ he is making n patreon - thats susper unstable source of income too - thats very very high risk/high reward job - not many people would risk like this their and their kids life.

the best addition to the game in Legion is the Demon hunter class, the worst? Artifect weapons and AP! hands down the worst thing they have EVER done. it feels so lazy, so they design 36 unique weapon models (for all the specs), then they design some skins for said weapons and that pretty much covers that gear slot. they do't have to design new weapon models for drops or anything. it feels really really lazy and a cop out. And don't get me started on these F'ing tokens.. now they can just reward AP for everything, saves so much time on designing other rewards instead... I hate the artifact weapons and I hate AP! if they don't get rid of them the next expansion, I won't buy it. this was a big mistake. The only thing cool are some of the skins, but they could easily be weapon drops instead. the unique druid forms are the only thing about it that I actually like, I hate the rest, even if some look good.
    I'm currently unsubbed from the game, I'm thinking about resubbing now 7.2 comes out, which Preach by the way predicted would come in march, everyone else said june. But I don't know. I might just stick to SWTOR as I find it at least as fun as legion and it's F2P too. I might sub 1 month or so to get my class mount and flying and the warebear form for my druid, but thats it. but we can pretty much agree that the core game play of legion is horse rubbish. that would be: artifact weapons and AP.
    It's hands down the thing you hate the most. Don't think everyone has the same opinion. Me and a shitload of other players love it. Progressing and taking care of your weapon is breath of fresh air for us. Legion has been great thus far (for me).