Thread: Season 10

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    it says there is leaderboards

it doesn't say how they intend to stop cheating
    Well obvious solution is online only, no importing shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    Well obvious solution is online only, no importing shenanigans.
    there has been no mention of this like at all
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    there has been no mention of this like at all
    They are bad at communication for this, but this is the first sentence in how to make a seasonal character:
    To make a Seasonal character, first make sure that you’re logged in to either the PlayStation Network or Xbox Live
    So yes, online only.
    BAD WOLF

Seasons need to be online only - otherwise they would be just useless. Given how the focus of Blizzard is GR pushing and leaderboards with nothing else to do.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

It's been a very long time since I played a Demon Hunter and I was wondering if their survival has improved over the seasons. I remember a real glass cannon. I am trying to decide between Demon Hunter – Embodiment of the Marauder and Wizard – Delsere’s Magnum Opus for season 10 Hardcore. Wizard is my first choice for this season but I could be convinced to play Demon Hunter again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattiecakes View Post
    It's been a very long time since I played a Demon Hunter and I was wondering if their survival has improved over the seasons. I remember a real glass cannon. I am trying to decide between Demon Hunter – Embodiment of the Marauder and Wizard – Delsere’s Magnum Opus for season 10 Hardcore. Wizard is my first choice for this season but I could be convinced to play Demon Hunter again.
    From what I gather DOM is still garbage. You will still need FB or Archon to push higher GRs.

Its sad too because they gave 1000% buff to abilities in SlowTime and its hard to even notice a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    From what I gather DOM is still garbage. You will still need FB or Archon to push higher GRs.

Its sad too because they gave 1000% buff to abilities in SlowTime and its hard to even notice a difference.
    I didn't consider it too much, but it seems like they're pushing it to be a better zdps build. Can't imagine this'll be a good build for soloing high GRs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dadev View Post
    I didn't consider it too much, but it seems like they're pushing it to be a better zdps build. Can't imagine this'll be a good build for soloing high GRs.
    I have a ton of WiZ armor and I tried multiple specs with DMO and could only break 61. So you might be right on that. I was just kind of bummed because I thought a 1k bonus to explosive blast and orb would bring it more in line with the two other specs. Its ok, I think Im still playing wiz this season.

7+ Year Old Account
    Archon builds still dominate, but DMO should be capable of high 80s/low 90s. Quin did 80 when the dmg bonus was 2000%.
    Last edited by Kontinuum; 2017-03-24 at 04:17 PM.

I do intend to play with a Marauder Demon Hunter. Not sure if it's better we both play Demon Hunters so we can share gear or I play Wizard and have more control with DMO.

Bright side is Seasons are coming to PS4 this time. So I can just chill on my couch and PS4 and level what I think will be a Wizard this time.

7+ Year Old Account
    BTW now is the time to get Kanai's Skorn transmog

Can someone help me what to play?

I've skipped some seasons and now I cant decide between

hammerdin and rainment duo gen.

Does someone know how they play? I would like some possibilities to switch between a lot survivability and a lot of damage without having two complete gears. Also I play 50:50 with a friend and solo.

With what spec can I farm faster? I dont play hc.

7+ Year Old Account
    I know that Raiment gen is quite squishy. Inna gen has slightly lower dmg but it is tankier (plus you get Inna from the Gift).

Deleted
    I'm gonna have a go again, last season I played was 5 I believe. Probably Wizard or Barb, depends on how they fare in solo GR progression and T13 speedclears.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    I'm gonna have a go again, last season I played was 5 I believe. Probably Wizard or Barb, depends on how they fare in solo GR progression and T13 speedclears.
    It depends on what you want to do, but if you want to push high GRs solo you should realize that the only way to be high on leader boards is by grouping with other 3, leveling gems and farming ancients (now it's primal ancients). So it still depends on whether your class has a good build for group. Of course, now with the armory it'll be a breeze to switch builds.
    Also, solo leader boards are per class. So most likely you'll rank higher in your leader board with a class that has better group build.
    Yes, it's stupid, but it is what it is.

Speedclears of T13 should be a non issue for any choice you make (can just switch to appropriate build now with the armory), map layout plays a far bigger role in the time it takes to clear it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dadev View Post
    It depends on what you want to do, but if you want to push high GRs solo you should realize that the only way to be high on leader boards is by grouping with other 3, leveling gems and farming ancients (now it's primal ancients). So it still depends on whether your class has a good build for group. Of course, now with the armory it'll be a breeze to switch builds.
    Also, solo leader boards are per class. So most likely you'll rank higher in your leader board with a class that has better group build.
    Yes, it's stupid, but it is what it is.

Speedclears of T13 should be a non issue for any choice you make (can just switch to appropriate build now with the armory), map layout plays a far bigger role in the time it takes to clear it.
    How did the overall meta look like in S9? I see that changes have been largely cosmetic (and pretty nifty I might say), so I assume the meta stays the same.

Diabloprogress hints to Monk/Monk/Barb/WD?

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    How did the overall meta look like in S9? I see that changes have been largely cosmetic (and pretty nifty I might say), so I assume the meta stays the same.

Diabloprogress hints to Monk/Monk/Barb/WD?
    S9 was dominated by wd/wiz/monk for dps and monk/barb for zdps. It's not that other classes and combinations couldn't do stuff, but once you were going into 100+ the amount of variation wasn't high. But in 80+ I think every class had at least one viable build for groups, and most had for solo (if you include farming in groups for pushing solo then all classes had viable builds).

Wizards were (and still should be in S10) stupidly strong until 60-70, at around that point other classes should start to catch up in grouped play. The conquest achievement (GR45 without sets) was a joke on wizard. After GR100 or so other classes overtake top dps in groups of 4. Anything under group of 4 wizard was a very good choice, while in solo it was absolutely the best by a landslide.
    In S9 barbs were kind of an antithesis for wizards. Not really good in lower GRs or solo, but essentially the goto for zdps for groups of 4 & 3 in GR100+, and still very good for 2s.
    DH was kind of meh overall. It's ok if you enjoy the class and don't care much about leaderboards, but it's not the one to go with if you're looking for grouped play or pushing high GRs in general (because you need groups to boost you for paragon and gear).
    Crusaders were fine for solo play, but not the best for groups. Better than dh, but not enough to dethrone other classes. It wasn't bad mind you, just not the best. Second best solo.
    WD was the goto dps in any kind of grouped play in GR100+. One would generally solo dps until the guardian, at which point monk would overtake.
    Monks, as always, were very strong in high GRs for zdps/dps roles in grouped play.

So far it seems that the 4 meta didn't change and it'll be as you wrote monk/monk/barb/wd. It's a tightly tuned group and every class fills a specific and not reliably replaceable role.
    3 should be the most varied type if that is your thing.
    2 will likely be monk/wiz with some minor variations.
    Solo is solo. If all you care about is the number of your highest solo grift then wizard should win. If you want to rank high and fine playing in groups then anything should work in theory, in practice dh without group of friends will have it way harder.
    Last edited by dadev; 2017-03-29 at 06:11 PM.

Deleted
    Cheers mate. Think I'll go with Wizard again then, tried Monk last few times and dropped it pretty quickly. They are just too boring for my taste.