Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    You can still buy stuff directly if it is highlighted in the shop from my understanding. I will be able to unlock this stuff with my veteran loot boxes, so I am not that worried.
    if it's featured you can, but not if not

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    if it's featured you can, but not if not
    That's what I meant. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    That's what I meant. =P
    I know, was confirming it for you

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I am heavily disturbed by this change. Master skins should stay as they are, tied to hero progress to be available for purchase.
    this issue is getting a lot of traction on Hots reddit, and Blizzard seems to go out of their way to please that forum occasionally, so hopefully they decide to do something about it

I'm excited about 2.0. My only concern is that Master skins will become much more available to casual players like me and will lose their special recognition status they currently have. But that's a minor issue.

All in all:
    1. Blizz will be able to make more money from the game, which I'm all for, since it generally means more content for us players
    2. Super casual players will still be able to earn heroes by just playing the game, so no pressure to spend real money there
    3. My favorite mount (white moon tiger) will be available to all my heroes without having to 'farm' lvl 9, which is cool
    4. Levels will become more meaningful and will provide a reward each time. Yes, most of the time it will be small, but it's still a reward, right?

So it's like some pros and no cons. Sounds good to me!

Well, more RNG in this game too now.

I would have been more excited if they made some actual changes to the game not just overhaul their business model. Not sure what to make of this yet; whenever gaming companies make such overwhelmingly complex changes to a cash shop I become suspicious what really is going on. This is eerily similar to the LoL cash shop overhaul with dusts etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why i got feeling after reading guys your comments, that HOTS 2.0 will be the end for HOTS?

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    dont you need to have some obscenely high account level to get all 70 loot boxes upon first login ?
    May not be that hard, actually. I'm at 543 right now, but they've already said any hero lvl 5 or higher is gonna gain levels when it goes live(I think it was mentioned any lvl 10 hero for example will be lvl 15 after the patch) so even if every hero I have over 5 only gained 1 level that already puts me over 600. And I'll note that I only have 3 heroes at lvl 10, NONE higher than that, and probably around 20 heroes I quit playing as soon as I got the gold at lvl 5(plus Medivh only at lvl 2 and haven't played Lucio at all). This puts me at all 40 common chests, all 20 rare chests, and 6/10 epic chests...

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    Look for a tank that gets generic armor, or a trait that swaps between spell/physical armor.
    cho'gall pogchamp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Why i got feeling after reading guys your comments, that HOTS 2.0 will be the end for HOTS?
    I think it is fair to say that there are concerns to be had about the update and that it is good to voice them now. Still, I think it is a bit over-exaggerated to say that it is the end of the game, when from my own perspective, people have been pretty positive about the update. Talked in the chat channels on the Beta and people were really digging it for the most part. Even Reddit has been fairly positive to the update and people even mention that generally, they like 2.0.

Chogall does not need buffs either does murky

7+ Year Old Account
    I wanna see more sexy jaina skins. and add in ysera please
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

If you purchased a skin do you get all the tints in the change or do you only get the ones you have unlocked?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    If you purchased a skin do you get all the tints in the change or do you only get the ones you have unlocked?
    All of them. Was wondering that as well, but I got confirmation that you will unlock all tints for bought skins even if you did not unlock them all yet on a character.

Lol, not even. Don't judge by forum posts. They represent a very small minority of players that actually is simply too small for anything, really. If anything, these changes will propel hots even further in terms of playerbase numbers.

It's just that I will be very sad to see Blizzard taking down something visual that is representative of prestige & investment (read: not skill). Not only do you care enough for leveling up a hero, you also spend an extra 10k for it. I just got my Lucio up to 10 without stimpacks and only through ranked mode and just bought his master skin. I am a very good Lucio, and the master skin will communicate this to me while playing him and keep enjoying him. Seeing a 1st time Lucio with it after 2.0 will be majorly disappointing for me.

Why do so many people equate master skins with prestige? All it means is you spent a lot of time playing a hero. Doesn't mean you're good with them, since you can level a hero to 10 solely by playing vs AI games on beginner difficulty. It means you're pretty devoted to that one hero, but not much else. Hell, for a long time, you could AFK in vs AI games for the entire game and still get full XP so you could literally get the master skins by doing nothing at all other than opening HotS while you watch Netflix or w/e and check it every 15-20 minutes. Sure, they fixed that so it's not doable now, but I bet there's more than a few early day master skins who were gotten that way.

Conformation bias.

A new hero on april 17 according to the page. Hmmm who could it be

10+ Year Old Account
    How i can copy my live progress to ptr? I want check new stuff.

Deleted
    I feel like casters dying out. We need Mephisto already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    A new hero on april 17 according to the page. Hmmm who could it be
    Since the next Hero release is tied with a map and if the leak of Genji being next is true, I highly expect some Payload map.