Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i was able to solo the first 3 bosses of Terrace on 25M heroic, i couldn't kill sha on 25 man due to not being able to kill the adds before they reach me and 1 shot me. im going to try and do 10M heroic this week and see if that fixes anything. I did mogu'shan vaults and Heart of fear on 10M heroic and was able to clear both( took me 3 times to kill empress but my dots were able to finish her off after i got fear-locked). i did it all on my 843 guardian druid. im going to try out ToT later this week

10+ Year Old Account
    If trying Mogushan Vault, on Spirit Kings for the pinned down? Take Brambles and pop Barkskin when pinned, kills the arrow

Tried HFC normal at ~810 ilvl as Guardian, and it really couldn't have been easier. I was absorbing full hits from Fel Reaver just from Brambles, and Ysera's Gift was pretty much enough to keep me up. Got through the first 3 bosses, didn't try further but it seems the only things preventing all WoD normal mode raid content from being soloed will be fight mechanics. Though this is hardly surprising as people were soloing this content even back at 100.

First 4 bosses of HFC are notoriously easy

For Normal Mode Content some tougher or more interesting bosses I would try (considering druids FR)

Butcher (not interesting just a crazy damage check once geared)

Gruul
    Blast Furnace
    Blackhand (might be easier on normal but at a lower item level plenty fun, try heroic if geared enough)
    Thogar

Kilrogg (surprisingly intense as stacks of heartseeker build over the fight)
    Most of Upper shouldn't be easy mode pushovers
    Iskar (might be easiest of upper)
    Soc (a weird fight but if you have numbers probably easy as well)
    Xhul
    Tyrant
    Mannoroth

I'd like to see some ppl try some of the harder content out there, definitely don't judge all normal mode content as easy just on first 3 of HFC though.

How self-sustaining would you say guardians are compared to other specs and classes?

Quote Originally Posted by Blofeld View Post
    How self-sustaining would you say guardians are compared to other specs and classes?
    Pretty poor compared to prot paladins and blood DKs -- our heals are Frenzied regen on a 20s CD (shortened by haste, 50% of damage taken in last 5s, 5% HP minimum), and Rage of the Sleeper on a 90s CD (25% leech for 10s). If you pick up resto affinity, you also get 1.5% HP per 5s, which can help a lot in low damage fights. Honestly, I think we're somewhat reliant on getting a few pieces of leech gear so we can get 5-10% leech for anything past Cata content.

Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    Pretty poor compared to prot paladins and blood DKs -- our heals are Frenzied regen on a 20s CD (shortened by haste, 50% of damage taken in last 5s, 5% HP minimum), and Rage of the Sleeper on a 90s CD (25% leech for 10s). If you pick up resto affinity, you also get 1.5% HP per 5s, which can help a lot in low damage fights. Honestly, I think we're somewhat reliant on getting a few pieces of leech gear so we can get 5-10% leech for anything past Cata content.
    Depends a little on the specific content we are talking about. Keep in mind we also have brambles, which is a flat AP based absorb from every attack. Barely does anything in current content, but when I did a quick MSV 10 N I barely took damage because it was absorbing full hits sometimes, and I was even absorbing full hits from bosses in HFC 10 N on rare occasions. But I do agree, Bears who are looking to solo content would do well to save pieces with leech on them, as it helps plug the gaps between a really weak (when not getting hit hard) Frenzied Regen, Rage of the Sleeper leech, and Lunar Beam (nice extra heal if you need it). The 12% FR legendary is also pretty massive for our solo self sustain if you get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by v1perz53 View Post
    Keep in mind we also have brambles, which is a flat AP based absorb from every attack.
    ...oh yeah. I should've remembered that from how often I went and wrecked Lion's Watch in the prepatch.

They made Galakras solo-able, making all of SoO normal/heroic easily solo-able now.

As for Mythic SoO, here is some of my finding:
    Immerseus: Still a huge pain and takes forever no matter what you do. In the end I went bear to tank the enrage.

Fallen protector: very easy

Norushen: Take a while since you only do 50% but still easy

Sha of Pride: There is a "bug" with him, you MUST be in TANK spec so you are not affected by Norushen's buff, giving you immunity(from max corruption I guess) to imprison and banished. However, you still need to reach 30% hp before he does swelling pride, as that's an MC that reset the fight. I went bear + cat affinity to reach the dps mark with 860 ilvl+trash legendary pants, still quite short but doable!

Galakras: Doing the tower + trash is anoying, as trash respawn very fast. I would take the time you have from the dual proto drake wave to clear the grunts to unlock the tower, then a boss wave, keeping boss alive to clear the tower and undo the rope, and the next proto-drake wave to fire the cannon. Main issue is the npc dies fast if left alone with the trash.

Iron Juggernaut: I'm stuck here, I know it's doable, but I just can't get the timing right. You need to jump the mines at the right time to make BOTH debuff wear off, + use charge/cat form to reduce the fall damage. My best attempt went past the siege mode, but he sometimes randomly reset when stepping on a mine(no idea why). The dots damage is still pretty insane. ---- if anyone has any idea to make this easier, I'd love to know.
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

Does it count Ra-den as soloable if I managed to take him down by respeccing into my mediocre cat and bursting him into the third phase before first deadly strike or w/e?

I also solo Iron Qon and Durumu as bear in ToT 25HM, in an excel file they're both marked as not soloed.

Update. Seems I don't get the excel file, because it states half the fights in ToT25 normal as crosses.
    Last edited by Tanthalas; 2017-01-04 at 12:53 PM.

As long as you kill him alone as a druid, then yes, it counts, assuming you're not exploiting a bug.

I updated the spreadsheet. The reason 25 normal mode is mostly marked as undone is because nobody has said that they've done it in this thread, as far as I know.

Deleted
    This is probably old news, but I didn't see it in your spreadsheet so: You can solo Kargath Bladefist on Mythic. Specc for maximum burst with Lunar Beam and Brambles and just nuke in the beginning and then the first tiger. Survival is easy if you can get the tiger to die while he is still stunned from the flames. Haven't tried other bosses since the weapon TMog was the only reason for me to go there.

Edit: Also solo'd all of SoO mythic. Everything that isn't Juggernaut is easy enough and descriptions for all bosses can be found in a thread on this subforum.
    Last edited by mmoc41520863c8; 2017-01-06 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    As long as you kill him alone as a druid, then yes, it counts, assuming you're not exploiting a bug.

I updated the spreadsheet. The reason 25 normal mode is mostly marked as undone is because nobody has said that they've done it in this thread, as far as I know.
    It is autoinclude as long as heroic version of it is done. There is no instance in which normal version is harder to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar The Space Laser Bear View Post
    If trying Mogushan Vault, on Spirit Kings for the pinned down? Take Brambles and pop Barkskin when pinned, kills the arrow
    Or just pop offensive cooldowns as soon as 2nd king is up and dps him down before he can cast the arrow. Works for me everytime
    Last edited by Bumbac; 2017-01-22 at 08:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    It is autoinclude as long as heroic version of it is done. There is no instance in which normal version is harder to do.
    Sometimes the mechanics are just different. For example Heroic Archi is going to reset in p3, when you get sent down, while you might be able to go down into the mythic only phase without resetting the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Sometimes the mechanics are just different. For example Heroic Archi is going to reset in p3, when you get sent down, while you might be able to go down into the mythic only phase without resetting the fight.
    You can use Mirror of the Blademaster to prevent a reset on Archimonde.

I was not talking about mythic.
    Last edited by Bumbac; 2017-01-23 at 04:30 PM.

Deleted
    Old heroic/new mythic, I use a newer example, because I haven't raided in expansions before WoD and can't of the top of my head name mechanics that might reset bosses that aren't there on higher difficulties for fights I have never progressed.

Exactly. And it's not inherently obvious which boss encounters and which difficulties may subject to this from a raiding perspective, as the fights have a tendency to work rather differently when engaging them alone. Another example is Thorim in Ulduar, which was impossible to solo on normal mode for the longest time, but doable on hard mode.

Also, even where mechanics are not an issue, if a boss has been done on a higher difficulty, but not on a lower one, it shouldn't take much to just go and kill it, right?

Filled in most of the remaining bosses in Mists and most of the remaining bosses on normal in Warlords in the spreadsheet, and added some notes on some of the bosses in Hellfire Citadel.