Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

An Impossible Foe Tips

Feral Druid

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzu View Post
    Before you start reading this, i want to emphasize that i made this happen at ilvl 901 over a 9 minute encounter. This fight is entirely about control, not about killing Agatha. Agatha will die if you're doing mechanics properly, just not as fast as you're probably expecting to. If you're killing searing imps quick, making sure fume imps don't auto-die, and prioritizing umbral imps, the fight will progress until she falls. To anyone who's a fan of the Souls series, i encourage you to approach this challenge with the same mindset. This fight is not a race, it is a progressive victory based on your ability to prioritize your enemies and follow mechanics.

I put 25~ attempts in as Feral at 901 ilvl, using the Luffa bracers and the Cinidaria belt as my choice legendaries. With how spread out the imps are, i felt it imperative to use the bracers to minimize my energy spent while blanketing Thrash while aiding my AOE DPS from +30% damage to targets over 90% HP from the belt. I also felt my best option was to use the belt over Prydaz for the simple fact that low HP adds are constantly spawning throughout the fight, meaning it's rare for you to not have a mob over 90% HP. Since the belt recovers 100% of the damage you do to targets over 90%, keeping yourself alive is very easy. Turning and Ferocious Biting an full health add becomes an instant 1M+ heal. Or two Blood Talon swipes on Agatha + Searing imps for an easy 2.5M heal.

My roadblocks were following the common recommendation of ignoring searing imps. If you check the damage taken from your meters, i can assure you that searing imps are by far the greatest source of incoming damage, focusing them down means you can pace yourself way more efficiently without needing to monitor your incoming ramp-up damage or worrying that you won't be able to outheal with Regrowth. Even the umbral imps aren't as stressful if searing imps aren't racking up a damage modifier. On three occasions I got to 11%-15% before failing to follow my add priority thanks to the adrenaline in me going wild in the heat of the moment knowing i had the kill in the bag, then abruptly losing it. My most beneficial discovery was the importance of killing the fume imps, rather than allowing them to complete their cast and die.

Legendaries & Trinkets:
    • Luffa - The AOE range felt essential
    • Cinidaria - I don't have a Prydaz, so the healing from damage to targets over 90% health was my secondary option (and an excellent one i'll add. Fuck prydaz)
    • Convergence of Fate [Absolutely wonderful on this fight, don't let people tell you otherwise. Between all the thrashing + swiping you'll be doing from Predator procs, you'll be seeing Berserk coming off cooldown before even realize it]
    • Draught of Souls [There are better options, this was an oh shit button for when i need to clear packs/break shield fast]. Many attempts it went unused where others it actually cost me the attempt. My other option was a Frond however auto-attacks aren't too reliable, so you'd be mostly getting the +agi bonus and an unused Equip function. Use your best judgment.

Talents:
    • Predator - A must as this fight is jam packed with constant adds, allowing you to top off your Energy very often.
    Wild Charge - A personal preference, though Displacer Beast is arguably going to be better here to avoid Fume Imp patchesBalance Affinity - Another must, adds being spaced out too far to rely on thrash/swipe is a lossMighty Bash - I like this one for keeping fume imps under control as it doubles as a 1-button interrupt+stun, letting you stop an imp from dropping a puddle smack dab under the boss. Mass entanglement has a ton of functionality here as well being a 30s root with a 30s cooldown but i'm not sure if it breaks on bleed damage or not with the Artifact Talent that prevents it from breaking under the effects of Entangling "Roots".Savage Roar - Incarnation can shine here especially with convergeance, causing more berserks for longer durations, however you'll be pressed for DPS checks during down-times. I recommend biting down and taking Savage Roar as you should be for every boss in Legion, as it is vastly the superior talent Jagged Wounds - Another no-brainer, don't rock the boat. Take jagged woundsBloodtalons - Blood talons is extremely strong in this encounter, weighing it much higher than Brutal Slash as a counter-part. Given you'll be swiping instead of shredding for the majority of combo point builds, you'll have an abundance of combo points, meaning predator swiftness procs out the wazoo, resulting in an absurd amount of blood talon procs. This let's you rely on Blood Talon boosting Thrash+Swipes to clean up adds in a split. Using Brutal slash (3 charges with a 30 second full recharge time and eliminating Swipe from your rotation), results in windows of time where your only AOE throughput is Thrash. This results in a lot of ST requirement for the Umbral Imps, and you will quickly fall behind. I know it's tempting, but skip Brutal Slash. [list]

Add Priority System:
    • 1. Umbral Imps: When these guys spawn, they are your #1 priority. When they're up, Agatha takes 0 damage, meaning you're never breaking through her shield as long as even one imp is up. Her shield will fuck your day up if you ignore these imps. Don't challenge the power of the umbral imps, get rid of them asap.
    • 2. Searing Imps: Get these guys down asap. Don't let them ramp up their modifier, don't let them free cast while you burn the boss. Be patient, this fight is about controlling your adds. Their damage modifier can really get away from you if you're spending time kiting fume imps with low energy and you'll be dead before you know it.
    • 3. Fume Imps: Here's the thing with the fume imps and why i'm prioritizing them over Agatha and the healing servants. The fume imps die on their own, they run at you, kill themselves and you no longer have to deal with them anymore. The problem here, you're eventually going to be hard pressed for space after they're covering the ground with movement impairing death. So while you absolutely can let some of these go off, i found it way more beneficial to Thrash, Rake + kite until it dies. Them dying with a dot on gives you your Predator proc getting you a fresh Tiger's Fury (crucial for taking out imp packs), as well as prevents a puddle on the ground which will save your life at 50%/40%/30%/20%/10% when you're moving up and down the hallway, or standing in the most perfect spot ever to dps Agatha from since you killed that imp earlier.
    • 4. Agatha: This isn't a race to get her down, this is a control fight. Keep Rake and Rip on Agatha and buff with Blood Talons if you can, but don't sweat it if you're not hitting every one like you're used to. Try and ensure every Clearcasting is used for Thrash as well. This benefits as it will regularly hit 3+ targets as well as caues your Shreds+Swipes to do a bit more damage if you're rocking your 4-piece bonus. Agatha doesn't do a lot of damage, although she's the boss, she's the most ignorable add of them all. She'll die eventually but her adds will kill you.
    • 5. Imp Servants: I put these guys on the bottom of the totem pole, the heal they do is more of a slight annoyance than anything. If you're running your ST rotation, you're going to out DPS their heal regardless and then they'll bleed to death before Umbral Imps come out-- if they don't, you can thrash + swipe them down with them. These guys (like the Fume Imps) get a Thrash + Rake + Swipe, that's it. Don't dump combo points into these guys, let them bleed out. You can also hit one with a rake + thrash followed by a Predators Swiftness procced Entangling Root to have them bleed out in your roots outside of their heals range.

The mindset i had the most success success with was ensuring regrowth had a 100% up time, and to dump 5x combo points into Agatha every single opportunity to force Predator's Swiftness rather than holding them for efficiency. This allowed for Blood Talon buffed Thrash + Swipes which would help clear packs very quickly without having to spec into Brutal Slash (which i'd advise against btw). The burst you're offered with your 3 Brutal Slash CDs isn't enough to clear the AOE targets you need to, giving up Swipe + Blood Talons will be the death of you. Don't spec for Brutal Slash.

Berserk is a wonderful utility to use for cleaning up the 50% HP add packs if you have 2-4 Imp Servants up when Searing Imps spawn in. Allowing you to Berserk+Thrash+Swipe until the cows come home. The majority of my Berserk uses have been to clear packs of adds as opposed to Single Targe.t

Phases:
    P1 100%-50% HP: This is the easy part, keep on top of your adds, don't get cocky, don't try to push her early. And for god sake, when she rolls, make sure you don't leave even a single Searing Imp behind.

[P2] 50%/30%/10% HP is when the fights the hardest, she warps to a tiny room in the back without a whole lot of room for movement and begins dropping boulders (that will do about 70% of your health with Survival Instincts up. They'll also quickly kill you if you're under them as they're landing. Be mindful when chasing imps in the vicinity of boulders dropping. If you're lucky, she'll have 0 adds up when she rolls into these windows. If you're not, you'll have 1-2 Imp Servants, possibly a fume and/or searing imps. Don't worry about the Imp Servants. Just like before, hit them with a Thrash and a Rake and move on. Let them slow-walk to the boss and deal with them when they get there through cleaving. I can't stress enough how minuscule the healing is compared to the time you're saving by not focusing them. Do not neglect the Fume Imps here, there's very little room to let them go off so if you're looking for a good opportunity to Bash/Maim, here it is. Don't let those fumes get casts off in this area. Kite them away even if it affords you some HP% lost due to healing servants. At 10%, she'll have had two phases in this tiny room to drop as many fume imps as she can (4-6). Meaning that's 4-6 pools you'll have to maneuver around while boulders are falling, while umbral imps are teleporting. Don't neglect the fume imps. I can't stress this enough.

[P3] 40%/20% She warps to the very front of the room. Again, make sure you're not leaving behind any adds if they're not Servants (thrash+rake). Watch your butt for boulders, never forget about the boulders. While watching for boulders, don't forget about Fume Imps. P3 locations are the safest locations to drop imps at, but make sure they're off to the side if you must let them suicide.

Keep in mind that each area is as important as the next to perform well in. If you do poorly in one phase, know you'll be fighting in that area again in only 20%. If you get lazy with fume imps, they'll punish you for it next time you come back.

Good luck! And hopefully my notes can help someone get their cool new cat.

Fury Warrior
    Naeno shared a helpful guide for this encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Naeno View Post
    Here is my personal advice and what I believe was the easiest way to complete the Fury Warrior Mage Tower Scenario for your new artifact appearance. There are many ways to go about it but this what I found to be the best way for me. I completed this on release day in around twenty or so attempts.

Mechanics & Abilities
    • Agatha's Fury (Dark Fury)
      This is an infinite interruptible channel Agatha begins when her energy bar reaches 100. During this channel, she deals ticking damage and receives an absorb shield that you must damage through before being able to interrupt the channel. It is crucial to break through the shield and interrupt the channel as soon as possible as she gains a stacking buff which increases the damage the channel deals as it goes on. Luckily when her channel is interrupted and she casts it again later in the scenario, the stacking buff once more resets.
    • Imps
      Throughout the scenario, Agatha will summon various types of imps. The imps by themselves are easy to deal with but when overlapped with other abilities it can quickly become overwhelming. Here are the imps listed in order of kill importance:
      Umbral Imp
      The Umbral Imps are usually spawned in pairs by Agatha and while alive provide her with an immunity buff. Due to this, it is crucial that these imps are killed off as quickly as possible. These imps will also at times teleport away in attempt to kite you.
      Fuming Imp
      The Fuming Imps are spawned solo and after a moment begin to chase after you. If they reach you, they will start to cast an uninterruptible spell (can be stuned or feared) named Plague Zone. Once this cast goes off, the imp will explode dealing damage to you if you're nearby and also leaving a patch of ground that deals damage to you and slows if standing over it. These patches will persist throughout the entire scenario. It is possible to burst the imp down before they can get the cast off, stun them or even kite them around with Piercing Howl. As long as they don't reach you they will not cast.
      Imp Servantt
      Occasionally two Imp Servants will spawn on the other end of the cavern. They will both begin to run towards Agatha and once reaching her will start an interruptible channel that feeds her energy and heals her for a minor amount. You can out DPS the healing two imps channeling on Agatha will do but anymore you will be unable to. You should kill these imps off as soon as you can after taking care of the Fuming Imps and Umbral Imps.
      Smoldering Imp
      These imps will usually spawn when Agatha spawns a pack of Umbral Imps as well. These imps simply cast Fireballs at you but gain a stacking buff which increases their damage. You shouldn't worry too much about these imps but you should kill them off as soon as you're done dealing with the other imps as the damage they deal can really ramp up.
    • Boulders
      Once Agatha reaches 50% she will teleport to the back of the room and boulders will begin to drop for the rest of the scenario. These boulders will come down one at a time and either be on the left, right or middle of the room. If you are hit, you will be stunned and almost one shot.
    • Translocate
      During the boulder phase, Agatha will cast Translocate every time she loses 10% of her HP. This cast simply teleports her to the other end of the cavern.

The Scenario
    • Phase 1
      During Phase 1 Agatha will be in the center of the cavern. As soon as you pull her, she will spawn 2-3 Smoldering Imp's. You can just pop Battle Cry and Odyn's Fury to burn them down as you continue doing single target damage to her. After a little while she will spawn two Imp Servant's by where you spawned when entering the scenario. At the same time she will also spawn a Fuming Imp under her which will chase you. Deal with the imps as you like (refer to the section above on Fuming Imps) as long as you just don't let them drop patches of Plague Zone in the middle of the path. You want to go ahead and kill the two Imp Servant's channeling on Agatha as soon as you can after you finish dealing with the Fuming Imp. Once they are dead, she'll likely be at high energy and do her first channel of Agatha's Fury (Dark Fury). Damage through her absorb and interrupt the channel. Afterwards she'll likely spawn another Fuming Imp and a set of Umbral Imps alongside Smoldering Imps. Prioritize killing the Umbral Imps first, dealing with the Fuming Imp second and then finishing off the Smoldering Imps last. Two more Imp Servant's will also likely spawn during this as well.

Throughout the entire phase all these things will keep happening and repeating, sometimes overlapping each other. The worst overlap that can happen is when you have Agatha channeling her spell, Umbral Imps granting her an immunity buff and trying to not drop Plague Zone in sub-optimal areas from the Fuming Imps chasing you around.

• Phase 2
      Once Agatha reaches 50% she will Translocate to the back of the room and boulders will begin to fall at the area she is at. These boulders are of utmost importance and getting hit by them can also guarantee you failing the scenario. Throughout this phase she will continue using her channeling ability and summoning the various types of imps at about the same frequency as in Phase 1. It is even more important during this phase that you do not drop plague zones around her as it'll make it infinitely harder for you to dodge the boulders due to the slow. It is also very important that you kill the Umbral Imps off fast whenever she is channeling as the damage during this phase will be higher due to the damage buff she gains as the scenario progresses. Every 10% she will Translocate to the other end of the cavern and she'll continue repeating her abilities.

Tips & Tricks
    • Talent Setup
      Below is the talent setup I recommend running. War Machine is a given due to the uptime you'll have on the haste buff and how the movement speed will help you in kiting Fuming Imps and dodging boulders. You do have a choice between Shockwave or Double Time in the Tier 30 row but I picked Double Time so I could reach Umbral Adds faster and make use of Furious Charge more. Wrecking Ball I feel is stronger than Avatar due to the constant amount of adds spawned and needing to be killed off quickly. Avatar simply doesn't line up well in this scenario. Furious Charge is also a given due to the healing it provides and it's synergy with Double Time.
      Spoiler: 

• Ability Usage
      Throughout the encounter you'll want to make use of almost all your abilities to make the scenario much easier. The most important advice I can give is to always save Battle Cry and Odyn's Fury for when Agatha spawns a bunch of imps together like the Umbral ones. You shouldn't waste those cooldowns on Servant Imps or when only a few imps are spawned. Fearing the imps and/or using Piercing Howl on them is also very beneficial and will help you out in the long run so use those wisely. Whenever you are getting low on health you should make use of your Double charges and Furious Charge to gain back up. The damage you take shouldn't be too much of an issue as long as you are not getting exploded on by the Fuming Imps and are interrupting Agatha's channel.

• Trinkets
      I'd recommend running AoE trinkets or stat sticks. Draught of Souls won't do you to well here as you won't have many times where you can afford standing still. Convergence of Fates will also not do you too well as you can't be using Battle Cry on cooldown due to having to save it for when she spawns multiple imps at once. The imp spawning anyhow lines up well with Battle Cry's natural cooldown.

AoE trinkets such as Terrorbound Nexus are very strong and so are statsticks (especially Mastery ones). These will help you dealing with the imps and helping you push out more damage without having to deal with the trinkets CDs or trying to determine the best place to use them. If you don't have any AoE trinkets, I'd just suggest using any trinket that provides you passive damage increase and/or gives you a lot of Mastery to compensate. Haste on your trinkets is not really needed as you'll almost always have War Machine running.

• Legendaries
      In my honest opinion, there are three legendaries that shine in this scenario. Those being Prydaz, the healing bracers and the whirlwind belt. Prydaz is MVP in this scenario and will mitigate a lot of damage while also giving you more room for error due to it's large absorb. The healing bracers are what I think to be the second best legendary you can equip as it'll give you even more room for error due to the survivability boost it'll give you through it's healing combined with Furious Charge. Afterwards the whirlwind belt is a clear choice due to it's synergy with Wrecking Ball and there always being more than 3 adds up.

• Dealing with Phase 1
      You can go about dealing with Phase 1 in different ways but this is what I found to be the most effective for me. I'd start the encounter by popping Battle Cry, Rampage and then Odyn's Fury to burn down the initial adds she spawns. Afterwards I'd continue to DPS her as the two Imp Servant's spawn and begin to walk to her. Even then when they start channeling on her I'd continue DPS as you should be able to out-heal them. During this time I'd also be kiting the Fuming Imp around the boss in a circle, keeping it slowed with Piercing Howl. Once Agatha spawns the umbral imps I'd proceed to pop Battle Cry and Odyn's Fury to burn them down instantly. You continue repeating this, making sure to always save BC and OF for when many imps are out and interrupting Agatha's channel as soon as possible.

• Dealing with Phase 2
      Phase 2 can easily be the most challenging part of the scenario or the easiest. The challenging part of phase 2 is when you are in the upper half of the cavern where the boulders drop down right next to you. It becomes very difficult to kite the Fuming Imp around and if any Plague Zone is dropped in a bad spot there you can easily be done for due to the slow and being an easy target for a boulder. During phase 2 my strategy was to simply zerg Agatha. I'd still hold onto my cooldowns for the Umbral Imps but I wouldn't kill off any of the Servant Imp's unless there was more than two. This is because every 10% health she loses she teleports to the other side of the room. When she does this, using Piercing Howl on all the imps and Heroic Leap after her, creating a lot of distance between yourself and the imps. You should be able to continue zerging her, only dealing with the imps when you have your Battle Cry and/or Odyn's Fury up or if Umbral Imps are making her immune.

It's important to stay calm during this phase, prioritize dodging the boulders, making sure you don't drop Plague Zone's in bad spots, killing the Umbral Imps and interrupting Agatha's channel as soon as possible. I'd suggest lusting with drums once you get her to 20% as it becomes infinitely easier to nuke her once you can start executing.

Elemental Shaman
    Trogor23 has a video and a few tips for the encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Trogor View Post
    1. Positioning:
    Especially if you don't have root pants to handhold you, putting the fuming/kamikaze imps along a single side is very important as it will kill you later in the fight if not handled properly. Bad placement can be fatal when combined with later hectic imp management and meteor dodges since our dmg mobility isn't great and you can fall behind if not well geared.

A nice strat is to put them in the wide area edge where you get ported in rather than starting where I did. When she ports just keep putting imps on the same side however far you're up. When it gets later you might need to start placing imps on the opposite side but only do this if you're falling behind on healing/dps and can't afford to stack the pools, or are just walled off by an incoming meteor.

2. Cooldowns:
    For most people, you'll want to use Fire Elemental on pull, and save lust for when you're 2nd one comes up. The fight should be close to dying if not dead by the time the later Fire Elemental is ending. My killtime was faster so I just saved lust + ele for the first time I was in the wide area in P2

Make sure you're not over committing CDs by blowing stormkeeper and magma on a single wildcard imp wave later in the fight. Sometimes if you're threatened you may have to blow everything but then you have nothing for awhile, except possibly stun totem, which without some lucky procs won't help as much. Since imp wildcard spawns are 1 min in between and healer imps are 45 secs in between, you might need to save a stormkeeper for a healer imp wave. Or if the healer wave comes just before, you can make them overlap more by Tstorm delaying the wave.

3. Root or Stun? (TLDR: stun is typically better, root only if you're doing the yolo kite strategy)
    I was torn deciding between stun totem and root totem as you can do drastically different strategies with them. With root totem, it lets you ignore the healing imps for a time. In P1 you can't completely prevent them from getting to the boss but sometimes prolonging them lets you deal with other imps or her shield with less pressure. Then in P2 with some pinpoint management, you can (somewhat) endlessly keep the healing imps at bay as you ping pong from each end of the cave, using bind totem for existing spawns, rooting new spawns, and using Tstorm as a last line of defense when all the imps are about to get through. In theory, this takes a big part of the damage requirement out of the fight assuming you don't slip up. But the problem is it can be easy to slip up when dealing with other parts of the fights and it can be hard to recover if your gang of imps gets through. Also the dmg lost by worrying about imp kite management can offset the dmg gained by not killing the imps. I thought this strat would be fun to do but it's really not necessary unless you're finding yourself under geared and it's the only way you can make the damage checks.

I've also seen people say they were thinking of using the roots to only periodically kite the imps before burning down a big wave of them, but to me it seems you'll end up being CD starved when it comes to killing the wildcard imp waves afterwards. Once you're kiting/slowing a larger group of heal imps, you won't really be able to stack them with the wildcard imp waves easily. With smaller groups you can typically use Tstorm to stack them but try that with a bigger group and you'll end up with imps off to the sides most of the time.

Stun totem on the other hand is much more simple to use, makes controlling/killing imps waves easier, and can free up interrupts for Dark Fury rather than heals. It's can also be more versatile such as in a situation where you can stun far fireball imps or healer imps + fuming depending on which is more threatening. Sometimes you can even get every imp in the same stun which offers way higher kill value than roots.

Unholy Death Knight

Quote Originally Posted by DerelictNekropolis View Post
    Another UH DK Checking in. Was 899 or 900 ilvl equipped when I did it.
    Here's a complete setup, including legendaries that I used:
    Ebon Fever, Epidemic, Clawing Shadows, Debilitating Infestation, Spell Eater, Infected Claws, Defile.
    Legendaries: Death March, The Instructor's fourth Lesson.

Let's go over why I picked these. Ebon Fever, Epidemic and Debilitating Infestation are the Trifecta for add control. Adds come up, you dot them, and the more of them there are [Like when they all spawn at some points later in the fight at once.] The more they do to each other when you epi-spam. It really made kiting the fuming as well as killing them/other adds all at the same time possible.

Spell Eater can be really good for keeping yourself up just by soaking loads of damage, especially when she moves to the other side of the room and spawns adds. It can really save your babbish.

Clawing Shadows is just good right now, plus the range on it gives you a lot more control of where you're standing which is huge as soon as meteors start standing, as well as how much movement this fight demands. The infected claws/defile combo is even more aoe/add damage, add in the death march you can have some pretty high uptimes if you play it right. The extra damage on dark-succor'd death strikes isn't bad either, since you'll need to do that a lot to stay alive.

If you don't have instructor's 4th lesson, most other legendaries should work for you, I didn't find that legendary to be hugely important for this fight, at least not as much as death march was.

Just dot adds as they come out, kite the fuming with debilitating, epidemic 2 times on most double-spawns, save 1 charge so that you've always got one in pocket.

Definitely use apocalypse to burst her bubble, kick her on the way out to deal with the empowering/healing imps. You -really- want to kill those blazing imps, they do deceptive damage that ramps up very quickly.

So yeah, control the adds, and you'll win the fight. It's really not about how fast you kill her all the time, but how well you control all the imps.

Good luck, and have as much fun as I did DKs.

Quote Originally Posted by ryuke09 View Post
    Just completed it on my 905 Unholy DK in about 6-7 attempts. I really enjoyed the fight, challenging in a good way. Sorry, no video but ill throw some quick tips out;

I took ebon fever and defile for the imps which kept them under control for the most part. DoT EVERYTHING as soon as shit spawns.

Every time the pair of imp servants spawns I would grip one to the other for cleave. Interrupting both I didn't find necessary since I focused them fast and you need your interrupt proper for the Dark fury.

Having a Drought of souls is probably a godsend for this since it allowed me to have a CD for every Dark Fury. I would Apocalypse one than Drought of Souls the next and repeat. ONLY using those CDs for that ability.

CoI the Fuming imps and kite while ranging it with clawing shadows and death coil. I ended up missing a few towards the end but so long ans you kite them away and let them explode away from where you can melee Agatha its all good.

Remember to keep an eye on your abomb/ghoul since you will be moving to deal with imps the boss will be beating on it and it can die without you noticing.

Taking asphyxiate can certainly be helpful but I didn't and still managed.

Outlaw Rogue
    Amorfirion shared a video and tips for this encounter.

Roll the Bones weakaura: https://pastebin.com/xXYa02Bx

Boss Guide:

Agatha, gains 100 mana over time (near 1 minute to be full), upon reaching 100 mana, Agatha gains an absorb shield (about 2m), the shield must be broken quickly to allow your interrupt to work or Agatha will deal increasing damage to you.

Fuming imp (1-2 spawns), kill quickly, interrupt (Gouge, Between the Eyes, Blind) if near end cast or it leaves a slow pool which makes it difficult later in the fight to move around with living meteors rolling down lanes.

Umbrel imp (3 spawns), last priority, simply cleave them, Cloak of Shadows artifact trait also heals you per spell against you.

Imp Servants (2 spawns), shields the boss and very slowly regenerates boss health, Agatha's shield can still be broken.

Phase 1: Agatha remains in current position until 50% health.

Phase 2: 50%, Agatha teleports to top of cave, kill ritualists if they spawn at same time or it will become more difficult to clear the top area when living meteors are about (deals 1m rapidly if hit by one, (Bloodmaul slag mines bridge boss mechanic)

phase 3: 35%, Agatha teleports back to the entrance of the cave where you spawn, meteors continue rolling down the same way, keep camera turned half way to monitor which lane they're rolling down.

phase 4: 20%, Agatha teleports back down for the remainder of the fight, same mechanics, but pay full attention to boss shield, imps priority and meteors.

Reccomended items to bring:

100x Potion of Prolonged Power
    20x Drums of fury
    20x ancient healing (optional)
    10x Flask of the Seventh Demon

Gaze of Aman'Thul works, accepting the resurrection quickly will allow you to continue without despawning the boss.

Roll the bones stat priority: 25% leech is vital to survive the whole fight, use crimson vial (with talent) when around 50% hp with no leech active, cd reduction roll is also strong for more Death From Above dps. If you have luck gaining all 6 buffs, push the boss as much as possible, phase 2 is the hardest part.

Talents:

Swordmaster - more procs, more dps
    Acrobatic Strikes - extends melee cleave radius to reach imps
    Deeper Stratagem - stronger run throughs / DFA
    Iron Stomach - 42% heal when leech is not rolled
    Dirty Tricks - free gouges, blinds to stop fuming imps from full casting explosion pool
    Alacrity - 20% haste for more mastery procs and energy regen
    Death from Above - strong aoe with Blade Flurry

Artifact traits: the base 34 traits with 1/1 Bravado of the Uncrowned, 4/4 Sabermetrics, 1/1 Dreadblade's Vigor. I managed to do this without Loaded Dice trait but it will be a significant improvement if you have it.

Relics: Run Through damage, Between the Eyes damage, Blade Flurry energy reduction.

Gear: Nighthold 2 Set (having 70% mastery with the set makes Saber Slash proc mastery 100%. Mastery min 50%, then Versatility

Reccomended legendaries:
    Mantle of the Master Assassin, to break shield quick.
    Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish, quickly clears imps if overwhelmed or have dps downtime.

Alternative legendaries: Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus, Cinidaria, the Symbiote, Will of Valeera

Fire Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Exil25 View Post
    I just completed the challenge as a 906 Fire mage.

I did it methodically over the course of many pulls, just so I can practice control and keeping the area clean. The hardest part is having a nasty overlap (umbrals + shield), but keeping the servants frozen with 2x Frost Novas was really helpful. I treated my second potion as a aid to clear the adds, not so much DPS the boss.

Talents used:
    Conflag (I experimented with Pyromaniac, since no benefit of Conf after execute range, but I got frustrated with bad RNG)
    Shimmer
    Mirror Image (invaluable here, IMO)
    Flame On (fewer hard cast fireballs to get Hot Steaks)
    Ice Ward
    Flame Patch
    Meteor (use it on the shield)

Legendaries: Prydaz and Koralon's

I could have used the Dragon's Breath helmet, but I settled on Prydaz and the scorch belt. The freedom to move in the execute phase and the ability to quickly finish a select imp (umbral, servant, or plagued especially) was very helpful to me. I got the helm recently as well, so I wasn't too comfortable forfeiting Flame On for Alex's Warth. I also treated DB as an interrupt on the Servants or Umbrals, nothing more frustrating than the Umbral imps translocating away from the Flame Patch.

Trinkets: I don't have the Krosus AoE trinket so I used the regular Metronome+Whispers combo. I played around with a lower ilvl Fury of the Burning Sky, but I didn't particularly like it. Too often the proc happened on the plague imp as it was exploding. The Krosus trinket will make things a lot easier though.

Overall, things do get messy at the end no matter what and my comfort with using Koralon's helped. You need to adapt on the fly to the adds, especially the Plague Imps. It will be a major judgment call whether to let them explode or kill them. If you are a long time used of the DB helmet, you can certainly make it work as that's what the 2 kill videos I watched used.

Good luck to all.
    Last edited by chaud; 2017-04-13 at 08:13 PM.

Deleted
    Without personal healer this is kind of unsoloable as fire mage, but someone will soon probably prove me wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiacus View Post
    Without personal healer this is kind of unsoloable as fire mage, but someone will soon probably prove me wrong
    Just gotta be careful, just finished it on my 6th try

What ilvl is that Fury warrior?

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiacus View Post
    Can't find another Fire Mage doing it, but it's definitely doable. You just need to be fortunate(?) enough to have the legendary chest.

twitch.tv/videos/133265492
    908ilvl, 41 traits
    Sorry can't post links.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    What ilvl is that Fury warrior?
    Judging from his hp pool somewhere around 910 equipped. The dps requirement should be "easily" attainable around 900 based on what we can see in the video.

Deleted
    Fire mage

youtube.com/watch?v=7lqWyNcg_Bk&feature=youtu.be

(can't post videos for some reason)

Did as 897 on my DK, ended up using defile and lusting towards the end instead of start its quite hard but doable with with a lower ilvl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    Fire Mage: Is it even possible to do without Belo'virs(w shimmer)/Prydaz? I mean our heal is quite horrid and our shield basically does nothing. How do we soak all this damage?
    My video above uses scorch belt + DB helm

Fire Mage: Is it even possible to do without Belo'virs(w shimmer)/Prydaz? I mean our heal is quite horrid and our shield basically does nothing. How do we soak all this damage?
    It doesn't do that much damage actually. Cauterizing Blink is more than enough for heals. The key to the fight for fire mage isn't survival, its DPS. I would say the DB helm is mandatory for this. Second best is belt, due to tons of movement. But I would think its doable without belt. Actually the second most important item to have on the fight more than any legendary besides helm is Grimoire off Krosus (trinket). This is because the small imp waves spawn exactly when the trinket comes off cooldown every time. Save meteor for the shield and PF for imp waves. I would actually say fire mage has one of the easier encounters provided you have these 3 items.

I completed this as an Unholy DK, posting a video soon. (I died RIGHT at the end, got smacked by a boulder, but I did it.)

905, no Lust, no Augment Runes, w/ Soul Reaper, Unholy Bracers and KJBW.

10+ Year Old Account
    imps that leave shit on the ground can pretty much ignored if u got some ranged dmg and just put it in the corner

ran defile and legendary helm for extra cleave dmg

used army and drum at 15% when she teleported one last time, fight gets quite messy towards the end
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Oh that's a very nice video, guess it's not impossible then haha. What is that blue casting bar addon? Looks great

Ah I have the belt but none of the other two =/

It's a weakaura (which you can find in the video description) .

Deleted
    Hey everybody,

I just finished the artifact challenge as a 913 Unholy DK. I have to say, it was pretty hard but haven't had so much fun in a long time. Really well done.
    I'd like to show you my video proof but this forum won't let me so just search on YT for Unholy DK, Baersaerker, Artifact Challenge.

This i just impossible to do as 901 fury warrior with correct legendaries, talents and strategy. I can't kill the healing imps fast enough to actually manage to burn the boss hp down one bit.

What a ridicilous glorified gearcheck, that's all this fight is. A stupid gearcheck.

Just completed it on my 905 Unholy DK in about 6-7 attempts. I really enjoyed the fight, challenging in a good way. Sorry, no video but ill throw some quick tips out;

I took ebon fever and defile for the imps which kept them under control for the most part. DoT EVERYTHING as soon as shit spawns.

Every time the pair of imp servants spawns I would grip one to the other for cleave. Interrupting both I didn't find necessary since I focused them fast and you need your interrupt proper for the Dark fury.

Having a Drought of souls is probably a godsend for this since it allowed me to have a CD for every Dark Fury. I would Apocalypse one than Drought of Souls the next and repeat. ONLY using those CDs for that ability.

CoI the Fuming imps and kite while ranging it with clawing shadows and death coil. I ended up missing a few towards the end but so long ans you kite them away and let them explode away from where you can melee Agatha its all good.

Remember to keep an eye on your abomb/ghoul since you will be moving to deal with imps the boss will be beating on it and it can die without you noticing.

Hope this helps fellow unholy DKs =D. Again sorry I don't have a video to post

Quote Originally Posted by ryuke09 View Post

Hope this helps fellow unholy DKs =D. Again sorry I don't have a video to post

Thx for tips.
    Do you think helmet and neck are a good choice or shoold i run with the bracers?

I used the bracers and ring. Never had the helm or neck so couldn't tell you. Though I would think it makes it way easier with helm dealing with imps

Love how there are no outlaw rogue tips yet!! Makes it look a little overtuned for them.