Poll: Most Fun Lock Spec

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Most Enjoyable Warlock Spec

Title says it all. Which spec do you feel that the developers did the best job on rotation-wise?

Which do you find the most fun to play? Feel free to say why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Traditionally, affliction has been the *least* enjoyable to me; I don't like its dot-heavy playstyle and the resulting slow ramp-up. In legion, affliction playstyle is pretty much the same so I still don't like it. However, the legion design of destro and demo is such an utter failure that my answer to the poll has to be affliction. Even though in an absolute sense I don't like it.

Its hard to say, as I find all 3 less enjoyable than previous iterations. Its more a matter of which one I dislike the least at the moment. I hate to be so negative, but its a matter of every spec having a core of what made that spec compelling to players. The reason you picked up that spec over the years, and none of our specs managed to maintain that core going into legion. Affliction isn't a multi-dot spec, its a single target turret, demonology had good movement dps / aoe burst and now is also a ST turret with arguably the worst movement in the game, destruction's on demand burst is gone, and its aoe kit is disjointed and mediocre at best, the two things the spec was known for are gone. Chaosbolt lost its status as the strongest spell in the game.

There's a lot blizzard has been saying they're going to address for months now, here's hoping 7.2.5 delivers so I get the specs I enjoy back and can answer this question without all the negativity.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2017-04-05 at 02:03 PM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I definitely go demo > destro > afflic.
    Always played demo and feel like its on point with being a demonologist.
    Destro gets second for looking cool aesthetically and having a more exciting rotation.
    Affliction gets the job done. Nothing fancy about it though.

Based on locks i see in game I'd assume it's gonna end up being aff >dest>demo however.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can you still effectively level/grind as affli without worrying about dying? Dot, dot, dot, dot, dot, dot... Let 20 mobs beat you. Come out of combat with full HP? Been ages since I've been leveling a lock, but that was fun as shit.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I've found Affliction to be quite enjoyable this expansion, though that's mostly because the messy design of Destro and Demo have created incredibly awkward, unsatisfying versions of those specs compared to their previous iterations.

That being said, I do think Legion Affliction does a lot of things pretty well. Thematically I feel like it's one of the few specs that really nails its class fantasy, with the idea of reaping souls and getting awesome benefits from killing enemies really paying off. The mobility is nice, throwing a bunch of Unstable Afflictions on a target and watching their health bar melt is very satisfying, and the talents offer some pretty awesome variations in gameplay and complexity (although the single target vs AoE options are pretty lame).

Against raid bosses the gameplay loses a lot of the things that make it fun, but for questing and dungeons I really enjoy Affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Can you still effectively level/grind as affli without worrying about dying? Dot, dot, dot, dot, dot, dot... Let 20 mobs beat you. Come out of combat with full HP? Been ages since I've been leveling a lock, but that was fun as shit.
    You certainly can. Affliction is incredibly tanky, and Drain Soul heals for so much you pretty much never run out of health. It's definitely the best Warlock spec for solo play.
    Last edited by Wondercrab; 2017-04-05 at 04:05 PM.

atm none, since you need RNGdaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Deleted
    Destro. Affli is way too boring with all the dotting and I just hate demonic empowerement.

Destro is the least aggravating to me, followed by demo. Affliction is just mindnumbingly boring.

None of them are terribly interesting anymore but Demonology is the only one I can actually play and tolerate. Affliction is completely ruined by Soul Effigy and Destruction has never really been "fun" except in the occasional battlegrounds match--it's less fun now with a dozen cooldowns to manage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Its more a matter of which one I dislike the least at the moment.
    Exactly how I feel too.

I keep asking myself why I haven't rerolled to something I find more enjoyable already.

MoP Demonology > Cata Demonology = WotLK/Cata Affliction > Legion Affliction.

Deleted
    Personally, I leveled my lock in Demo spec. Was easy and fun. Then, as pvp & raid, (and because of rngleg ) i change for affly. I'm completely free as moving, no rpoblem with any kind of mechanism and has high self heal.
    So, for me, Affli is the "fun" chategory.

Affliction, followed by destro. Demo was always a non option for me personally.
    That said, none of the specs are in a good place gameplay wise. Affliction is too heavy on the dots and none of them feel like they contribute a significant portion of the damage. Shadow priests are actually significantly better at this right now than affliction warlocks. Does not mean that I prefer Shadow Priest though. Solo ability is one of my major concerns this expansion, and spriests are mediocre at it. This tilts my preferences quite a bit.
    Destro is good for cleaving but little else. Destro talents are also a mess. As for demo - I would rather play a BM hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Its hard to say, as I find all 3 less enjoyable than previous iterations. Its more a matter of which one I dislike the least at the moment. I hate to be so negative, but its a matter of every spec having a core of what made that spec compelling to players. The reason you picked up that spec over the years, and none of our specs managed to maintain that core going into legion. Affliction isn't a multi-dot spec, its a single target turret, demonology had good movement dps / aoe burst and now is also a ST turret with arguably the worst movement in the game, destruction's on demand burst is gone, and its aoe kit is disjointed and mediocre at best, the two things the spec was known for are gone. Chaosbolt lost its status as the strongest spell in the game.

There's a lot blizzard has been saying they're going to address for months now, here's hoping 7.2.5 delivers so I get the specs I enjoy back and can answer this question without all the negativity.
    Do you think next tiers 4 piece will help destro a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Unlockmyhrt View Post
    Do you think next tiers 4 piece will help destro a lot?
    In a vacuum, not really.

The spec needs fundamental changes or overtuning, so I'm pretty much just waiting to see what 7.2.5 will / won't do.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Never been a big Destro guy, so it's Affliction for me. My heart is with Demo, but the spec just 'feels' broken to me at the moment.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

For me it has always been destro. But I gotta say I'm not enjoying this RNG fuckfest the spec has become.

Always Aff for me. Something about draining peoples souls and the like. DoT gameplay itself is pretty decent i guess, i just find Destruction to similiar to Fire Mage and my second spec was the revamped Demonology, was never a fan of the Demon Hunter style it had before.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Traditionally, affliction has been the *least* enjoyable to me; I don't like its dot-heavy playstyle and the resulting slow ramp-up. In legion, affliction playstyle is pretty much the same so I still don't like it. However, the legion design of destro and demo is such an utter failure that my answer to the poll has to be affliction. Even though in an absolute sense I don't like it.
    I agree with you completely. I never liked affliction much either but you feel forced to play it. I am surprised that demo scored is high as did. The spec is such utter rubbish it is hard to justify giving it any positive.

Legion has been bad for warlocks. Pissed on from start to finish. The only class not to receive any animation updates. When you play a lock you do not even feel that you belong in the game. Standing beside a priest and shaman you feel like such a dweep.

Anyways, sub cancelled. We will see what BFA brings. Will not spend a dime if I see the class if more of the same from legion. Legacy is coming eventually and the good news for locks is the present class designers will not be having anything at all to do with it.