Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    As someone who would call themselves as a "Mercy Main" I think they could have done a bit more to make her Outfit more inline with the Overwatch uniform theme, but I still like it, and will use it when I get it, the hat is Cute. ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    It has a hat, a new hairstyle, a different stadd, different clothes

It's legendary. Epic are only recolors
    There's some reaper and pharah skins that would beg to differ, def more than recolors and only epic

oh, and a Mcree skin

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Onikaroshi;45317749]What do you spend it on between events? Or do you just not play between events. Think I have like 4k and I don't play that much, I barely even played the last event (it was close to xmas and I spent like 6k during that so I only had like 200 going into Lunar)

I usually buy a legendary skin whenever I hit 1000 and I also haven't played the game for a very long time or it's that I'm not playing much daily. I'm playing since January and I'm at level 62. Last one I bought is a skin for Orisa.

omg, that one is the best thing EVER

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    I usually buy a legendary skin whenever I hit 1000 and I also haven't played the game for a very long time or it's that I'm not playing much daily. I'm playing since January and I'm at level 62. Last one I bought is a skin for Orisa.
    Ah, that more explains it, sorry then I guess I get caught up in the fact that at 310 (playing since launch) I get so many dupes. Well I hope you have some good luck this time around!

This is the one time when having a Bad relationship with RNGeebus is going to pay off, I've over 7.5K credits because I keep getting dupes of crap I own in my loot crates.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    epics are recolors that really stand out and change up the design a bit
    rares are literal recolors
    Legendary change up the character model
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    There's some reaper and pharah skins that would beg to differ, def more than recolors and only epic

oh, and a Mcree skin
    Yeah sure, major recolors with added stuff. But legendaries have new outfits

Regular Pharah is similar to Emerald, Anubis shares the model and has a different helmet and more changed colors, Frostibite has the ice crystals and particles plus the color change. And the legendaries, like Raindancer, look different all together, they don't share the same model/outfit

Then we can compare Mercy's epic from the Summer Games with the one we're getting now

Just doesn't scream legendary, its a recolor with some pliers on the belt and a hat
    A quick side-by-side comparison shows that the entire outfit is different. More so than just the belt and hat. Again, recolour is not the word for it, regardless of whether or not it's going to be a legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not like how the Mei one was, as dumb as that controversy was, it didnt seem legendary. They made up for it with the Rooster event though :P

And Blizz did end up getting hundreds of cookies

Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Yeah sure, major recolors with added stuff. But legendaries have new outfits

Regular Pharah is similar to Emerald, Anubis shares the model and has a different helmet and more changed colors, Frostibite has the ice crystals and particles plus the color change. And the legendaries, like Raindancer, look different all together, they don't share the same model/outfit

Then we can compare Mercy's epic from the Summer Games with the one we're getting now
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    A quick side-by-side comparison shows that the entire outfit is different. More so than just the belt and hat. Again, recolour is not the word for it, regardless of whether or not it's going to be a legendary.
    Ok, I'll retreat on recolor but its still not legendary looking, its more like what Amirila said with the Reg Pharah vs Frostbite, or imo Reg Mcree vs the Scrooge skin. Its definitely a lot less than Reg Mercy vs any of her legendary skins.

But after the Mei fiasco I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it were legendary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Its not like how the Mei one was, as dumb as that controversy was, it didnt seem legendary. They made up for it with the Rooster event though :P

And Blizz did end up getting hundreds of cookies
    The ice cube thing made it legendary in my eyes, but many people didn't see it that /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a cool effect, but eeeehhh it literally was just a hat. This Mercy has a new hat, outfit, hair and overall look. Its def between legendary and epic, but i would give it legendary status.

Ok, I'll retreat on recolor but its still not legendary looking, its more like what Amirila said with the Reg Pharah vs Frostbite, or imo Reg Mcree vs the Scrooge skin. Its definitely a lot less than Reg Mercy vs any of her legendary skins.

But after the Mei fiasco I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it were legendary.

- - - Updated - - -

The ice cube thing made it legendary in my eyes, but many people didn't see it that /shrug
    Aye, the Snowman Ice block was great and why I enjoyed using that skin, but... it Like Lucio's (people never mention his in that) were just Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Aye, the Snowman Ice block was great and why I enjoyed using that skin, but... it Like Lucio's (people never mention his in that) were just Meh.
    Andes? Honestly its the only Lucio skin I like, the frog ones are just weird and lucio playing hockey just... idk doesn't seem right.

7+ Year Old Account
    im sorry, but the mercy skin is definitely legendary worthy.
    her entire torso is different, not just in color, has a new hairstyle, including hat, has nano gloves, and her belt.
    the coat on her hips is also different, her pants are also completely new, same with her staff.
    not to mention, her wings also have new details.

you cant compare this to mei nor pharah, mei was literally a recolor with a santa hat, and pharah is straight up the same just more blue and a couple of spikes.

Formerly known as Arafal

Andes? Honestly its the only Lucio skin I like, the frog ones are just weird and lucio playing hockey just... idk doesn't seem right.
    Oh yes, I too use Andes because it's the only one I have that I like. but it too, is just a Recolor +hat, but only Mei got flack for it. I guess because maybe they were all hoping for a "Mrs. Clause" or a "Santa's Little Helper" outfit.

Oh yes, I too use Andes because it's the only one I have that I like. but it too, is just a Recolor +hat, but only Mei got flack for it. I guess because maybe they were all hoping for a "Mrs. Clause" or a "Santa's Little Helper" outfit.
    Well, to be fair on that, mei's was legendary cause of the ice block, while lucio's was epic, but epic doesn't really mean flat recolor plus a hat to most people, it could have had more flair. But blizzard decides on the price and we can only complain or not but doesn't mean they have to change anything.

Still waiting for a decent Reaper skin.

Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    im sorry, but the mercy skin is definitely legendary worthy.
    her entire torso is different, not just in color, has a new hairstyle, including hat, has nano gloves, and her belt.
    the coat on her hips is also different, her pants are also completely new, same with her staff.
    not to mention, her wings also have new details.

you cant compare this to mei nor pharah, mei was literally a recolor with a santa hat, and pharah is straight up the same just more blue and a couple of spikes.
    I just don't see it, all the new blue skins are dull, boring, and VERY similar to their standard skins with some added doodads, screams epic to me.

Tracer, Mercy, Rien, mcree epic skins (unless there's more changed mcree's blackwatch skin isn't much different than his scrooge skin), Torb, widow and genji legendary with recolor for torb. It's about par for the course.

but watch it will be legendary, and it will be the first skin I pull and I'll just get frustrated cause its so dull. Won't be a skin I'll use.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Still waiting for a decent Reaper skin.
    Halloweens was Brilliant, ok the candles on the Guns were kinda O_O WTF... but Reaper himself was great.

Halloweens was Brilliant, ok the candles on the Guns were kinda O_O WTF... but Reaper himself was great.
    His epic skin from xmas was pretty good too.