Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    Personally, I've been running the following for my 5-man team:
    Keeper Remulos (Equipped with the +20 and +15% bonus on using keepers of the grove)
    Naralex (Equipped with +50 and +25 gold per WQ completed, running as full-time bodyguard when not out on missions for XP)
    Mylune (Equipped with +20% and +15% bonus on using treants/sisters)
    Hammul Runetotem (Equipped with -10% mission duration, +30% bonus on missions shorter than four hours)
    Meatball (Equipped with -15% and -10% mission duration, along with +15% bonus success chance)

This setup has no resto follower, but it does have one of each ability (Dash, Skull Bash, Starfall), and Meatball can stand in as a pseudo resto-counter with his sheer bonus to mission success chance. I've had times where I countered absolutely nothing on a mission and still wound up with 200% success chance because of meatball, keeper remulos, and some keepers of the grove. (With the setup I have, Meatball, Remulos, and Keepers of the Grove naturally have at least 185% mission success chance if the mission has minions, 155% if the mission does not.)

I'm planning on adding the following followers:
    Brightwing (For a resto counter and second minion counter [Naralex's doesn't count since he's usually on bodyguard duty], equipped with -mission durations -- good for pairing with Remulos or Mylune and a troop with 1 HP left or an uncountered lethal)
    Zentabra (For a second feral counter and second spell counter)

I'm hoping I get the legendary Gold/AP token per WQ and Gold/OH Resource per WQ equipments to put on Naralex once he's legendary titled. That way I'd get 150 gold, 100 resources, and a green AP token per WQ completed.
    Thanks good list.

I heard its maybe stupid to level to Ilvl 900 on all followers, not true or?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Thanks good list.

That probably had to do with rumors of people getting less legionfall rep tokens after they got followers to 900 (same rumor of after honored). RNG was RNG. Or did you hear for other reasons? 900 ilvl missions give AP rewards that are 20-30% better than the bonus AP (~950k at AK28).

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Thanks good list.

Originally yes, because once you got all 900 followers, you had about 2-3 mission active at a time. Though that has been hotfixed some time last week, so no reason not to do so anymore.

Alright so here's my list and feel free to say if I'm wrong but I feel it's the best for what I do. Note that I DO NOT use bodyguards at all, so if you like having one, this isn't ideal for you.

Active Champions:
    - Meatball (literally the best champion in the game; arguing this point is moot because he's the best and if you disagree, you're just wrong because Meatball is god-tier. I've outfitted him with a Saddle, Carrot, and Fetish, giving him a 25% duration reduction and 15% bonus success chance. I like him coming back quickly from missions for those balls of energy he provides [PS: Even if he didn't provide those, Meatball would still be god-tier. This just makes him extra special])

- Keeper Remulos (when given a Glowing Token and Forest Ember, this makes a Keeper of the Grove worth a whopping 80% Success Chance! If the mission also has minions, add another 15% for a crazy high 95%! My Remulos also has an Auspicious Fetish, so base success chance for him + troop is 95% (110% with minions), plus base success chance for him on the mission and if he counters anything. Remulos+Keeper/Druids is the closest to Meatball you can come for a non god-tier champion)

- Mylune (like Remulos, but not quite as good, Mylune is a solid choice especially given how hard it is to get (good) champions with the Dash ability. With a Scroll of Growth, Mylune+Treant gets a 50% base success chance, plus Mylune's base success and anything she counters. I've also given her a Fetish and Doodad for a bonus 25% success. Not nearly as good as Remulos but still a great champion)

- Syneldra Gladesong (holy shit is she extremely underappreciated and probably the most overpowered for anything that isn't success chance. While her success chance is among the lowest of champions, she has the amazing ability to bring back Wild Mushrooms, which keeps your troops alive, even if you don't have the research option to recruit them. That means you can keep up Ancients of War and the new Dreamgrove Wardens while having the other option chosen! (you can also keep up Keepers of the Grove and switch to empowering your Treants if you choose to) Should they ever remove this feature, she will quickly become the worst champion, but until then, she's amazing. I've equipped her with a Carrot and Saddle for a 25% duration reduction, as well as a legendary Demon in a Box, giving her another 5% duration [30% total] and 15% success rate. I want her coming back as quickly as possible to accumulate more and more mushrooms!)

- Thisalee Crow (she's brand new but she's a great champion for us. Shapemending is great when paired with a Keeper or Ancient of War [and still helpful with other troops] and she has Dash which is only on 3 followers, the third one [Broll] being the worst champion for us. She has no equipment yet, but she'll probably be outfitted with a Forest Ember, Fetish, and Glowing Token or Doodad, so she'll basically be just like Remulos, if your Keeper has full health)

- Archdruid Hamuul Runetotem (at this point we start getting to the weaker of champions, but Hamuul is still a great choice. He's Feral, which is the most common specialization on missions and provides a solid 15% success against Hazards. He also has Starfall which isn't on too many great champions. I've given him a Forest Ember and Fetish for success and a Carrot to make missions shorter, though I might swap that for a Glowing Token, Doodad, or even a Saddle once I get another one)

So that's my list, but because I'll be swapping to 7 champions in a week (once I have the 2 Wardens I want and keeping them alive on Shrooms...)

7th Champion Choices:
    - Brightwing (definitely not my top choice, but I need another Starfaller, and his Rebirth ability will keep some Treants and Keepers alive longer. No clue what I'll outfit him with; probably similar to Remulos/Thisalee
    - Moroes (IF I EVER GET HIM OH MY GOD FUCK YOU MOROES GIVE ME YOURSELF! He would instantly replace Brightwing because he's also close to god-tier like Meatball)

Bonus Section for Troops:
    - Ancient of War (I recommend getting a Restoration [if you have Moroes] or Feral [if you use Brightwing] specialization. This is assuming you only get 1 and keep him alive with Shrooms)
    - Dreamgrove Wardens (try to get 1 with Dash and another with Starfall)

As for the remaining champions...

Honorable Mentions:
    - Naralex (he helped me get so many resources back when I thought I needed 50k for the T7/T8 research options, plus he has Starfall which, again, is a tad rare/on the weaker champions like himself, Brightwing, and Hamuul. Should resources be needed in bulk in the future, he'll come back to help me get tons of them. Also, I chose him over the Bodyguards because I didn't like being stuck in combat 24/7 back in WoD, so I picked the guy that I wasn't using with the ability over the Bodyguard tag. Plus, his ability is outstanding for single-target elites that have 40M+ Health)

- Zen'tabra (she would replace Hamuul if she had Starfall, but sadly, she's sharing an ability with Sylendra and Remulos, so she goes unused for me. Her 15% success chance is arguably the best of the 3 [and pairs well with Keepers of the Grove] though, so if you like her, she's still a great choice!)

Dishonorable Mention:
    - Broll Bearmantle (what a worthless pile of shit. Pre-7.2, his only redeeming factor was that he had Dash, but now that we have another Feral Druid with Dash that doesn't suck horribly, he's even worse than before. Oh and he looks stupid as hell too with those antlers, shoulders, boots, and paws. Deactivate him and never look back)

One last thing I'll end this post on is with the Advancement choices

Order Hall Advancement:
    Tier 1: Roots. It's crap, but the other option does literally nothing.
    Tier 2: Travel Form to finish the campaign faster (if still leveling). Eventually, go Evergreen to stockpile some of the items (especially the Thornstalk Barbs because they're brokenly OP, esp for PvP, and the Hidden Resto Artifact), then go back to Travel Form in the end.
    Tier 3: Reclamation if your troops aren't maxed/near max (you'll usually swap to this in the beginning of every major patch that increases Champion iLvl caps). Once they are, definitely Hibernation.
    Tier 4: Force of the Forest. 5% base success on a much weaker troop isn't worth the potential 15% gain on a troop you'll use way more often.
    Tier 5: Ancient of War, build one (likely Restoration, Feral is also okay), then go Elune's Chosen to save some gold or 4k resources a week.
    Tier 7: Wardens of the Grove, get 1 Starfall, 1 Dash, then go Roster of Champions.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-04-12 at 08:12 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Man how did you guys level up your followers to 3 equipment slots so quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing lol...i think maybe one of my epics is under 100k exp towards titled the rest are quite a bit over 100k needed still.

Doing all the very short missions when there were 20+ missions up at once. Every L110 mission gives 3k XP naturally, so doing the faster missions racks up the XP quicker. I actually had a few missions that had a completion time of less than an hour with all the mission duration reduction bonuses I had active.
    Aim for 200% completion every time -- Bonus success chance over 100% increases the XP reward (so 200% completion on a mission giving 3k XP gives 6k XP instead)
    Equip your followers with mission duration reduction equipment -- Again, faster missions means quicker XP. I also have travel form for this very reason.
    Don't use a bodyguard. Bodyguards lag behind significantly in XP because quests and world quests only give 150 XP each to a L110 follower, no matter what quest/WQ you do. To put it in perspective: By the time I had my first three legendary titled champions, Naralex was still at 120k XP to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Minttunator View Post
    What's your opinion on the new order hall advancement choice, guys? Is it better to get the new troop type or 1 more champion?
    If you don't run Sylendra Gladesong in your 5/6-man group, one more champion would be better. If you do, it may be worth it to choose the extra troop type, build the troops, then swap to the one more champion advancement, as Polarthief said earlier: You can keep the new or upgraded troops alive by using the wild mushrooms on them.
    Last edited by Etamalgren; 2017-04-13 at 12:51 AM.

Thanks for that Polarthief

Now, if someone can do one for the Priest one too haha, that'd be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    you can keep up Ancients of War and the new Dreamgrove Wardens while having the other option chosen!
    Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    If you don't run Sylendra Gladesong in your 5/6-man group, one more champion would be better. If you do, it may be worth it to choose the extra troop type, build the troops, then swap to the one more champion advancement, as Polarthief said earlier: You can keep the new or upgraded troops alive by using the wild mushrooms on them.
    Wow that is a GREAT idea (if it works) - I do have Sylendra currently so I'm going to try it as soon as I get the next advancement. Thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Is meatball difficult/laborious to get?

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Is meatball difficult/laborious to get?
    1) Go to Brawlers guild. Kill 1st guy. Receive quest item and turn it in.
    2) Complete an easy 3 hour table mission that starts a quest.
    3) Turn in quest, watch/participate in 5 brawls (you can basically sit afk in Brawler's area and complete this).
    4) Complete 4 - 12 hour missions on your table. These are difficult "bosses" that need 3 counters. You need to hit the 200% reward to receive a quest item. Once you turn it in then I think the next mission table quest pops. After the 4th one you receive Meatball.

Meatball is much easier to get than Moroes who is an RNG fest. Also Meatball is stronger than Moroes. He's literally the strongest follower in the game, outside of the fact he won't counter Hazzard/Spell/Minions.

10+ Year Old Account
    on it, thank you Kluian

@Polarthief

This is a good list and pretty much the same ones I've chosen. However I still have 40%/30% buffers over 8 hours on quite a few of my champions. I did not spec Travel form for this reason. Prior to 7.2 there didn't seem a need to rush finish missions or make them shorter since the quantity seem fairly limited. The reverse might be handy now.

It doesn't help that the App is bugged right now and it will constantly tell you a mission is 2-4 hours and then you find out its 8-12 ugh.

Also my druid has gotten horrible RNG on getting good armor equipment even with Reclamation since Legion landed. I have almost no 15% static increase, or 40% over 8 hours. On the other hand my mage and paladin (who get them every 12 hours) have an abundance of all the gear I could want.

The gearing strategy I'm using on my Champions is (15% static increase\40% over 8 hours\20% Tier 1 or Tier 2 troop).
    Last edited by Kluian05; 2017-04-13 at 05:43 PM.

Spamming missions. Even my first alt has Meatball Titled and the others getting fairly close!

Quote Originally Posted by Minttunator View Post
    Wow that is a GREAT idea (if it works) - I do have Sylendra currently so I'm going to try it as soon as I get the next advancement. Thank you!
    It does work, just make sure you don't send the Wardens or Ancient of War on a Lethal mission that you're not countering!

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    @Polarthief

This is a good list and pretty much the same ones I've chosen. However I still have 40%/30% buffers over 8 hours on quite a few of my champions. I did not spec Travel form for this reason. Prior to 7.2 there didn't seem a need to rush finish missions or make them shorter since the quantity seem fairly limited. The reverse might be handy now.

It doesn't help that the App is bugged right now and it will constantly tell you a mission is 2-4 hours and then you find out its 8-12 ugh.

Also my druid has gotten horrible RNG on getting good armor equipment even with Reclamation since Legion landed. I have almost no 15% static increase, or 40% over 8 hours. On the other hand my mage and paladin (who get them every 12 hours) have an abundance of all the gear I could want.

The gearing strategy I'm using on my Champions is (15% static increase\40% over 8 hours\20% Tier 1 or Tier 2 troop).
    A few points I'd like to mention here:
    - The 30%/40% > 8h buffs are great if you're just starting out or it's all you have. Once you get Meatball, you can auto-100% any mission with just him alone so that makes these items a bit less useful
    - The 20% duration reduction ensured that I never missed a mission. Even if they don't have a timer like the rare missions, they do expire!
    - The App is bugged to hell when starting missions. Do not use it to start missions right now, but you can use it for everything else.
    - Make sure you maximize the amount of chests (not crates) of equipment as these are guaranteed to have blues, if not purples. The crates almost always give greens, but they can give blues+ if you're starting out or desperate.
    - It will take quite awhile to get maximized so be patient. My Paladin who I've had for quite awhile now (all followers at least purple and iLvl 900) still isn't up to snuff with my Druid main, and don't get me started on my Demon Hunter.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I do missions with them on cooldown and only Meatball has reached max lvl, I only focus on AP and Gold missions though which tend to be fairly long, maybe people were spamming the shorter ones?

I do missions with them on cooldown and only Meatball has reached max lvl, I only focus on AP and Gold missions though which tend to be fairly long, maybe people were spamming the shorter ones?
    I definitely did the short follower gear missions when I saw some, needed the gear anyway and its also good XP.

I do all gear missions in the hopes of getting my second legendary or just accumulating more of the important items (like Forest Embers, Saddles which I need more of, and Fetishes). I also do the other, shorter, ones just for giving Thisalee some EXP (and also soon Brightwing [or Moroes if he'll drop his STUPID POCKET WATCH UGH])

yeah I think meatball/remulos/hamuul/sylendra/thisalee are the clear top five; after that I suppose brightwing because I seem to always need more starfall counters than I have with just hamuul, although balance counters seem more common than resto so maybe mylune instead (or moroes if you are lucky enough to have him, but he's a pain to acquire.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    yeah I think meatball/remulos/hamuul/sylendra/thisalee are the clear top five; after that I suppose brightwing because I seem to always need more starfall counters than I have with just hamuul, although balance counters seem more common than resto so maybe mylune instead (or moroes if you are lucky enough to have him, but he's a pain to acquire.)
    If you're going my route (keeping Wardens alive on Shrooms) then def Mylune and either Brightwing or Moroes (if you have him). Starfall isn't needed if you have a Warden with it.

guys what would you recommend for 6 followers if I don't have Moroes and don't want to play with wild mushrooms on troops ?
    Last edited by limis; 2017-04-14 at 05:57 PM.