Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Did it on expert, we used Rein, Orisa, Bastion, Zen.

The eternally never nerfed Rein damage is perfect for this, enemies bunch up naturally and he just swipes them, orisa is the main shield cuz she can shoot while shielding unlike rein (still useful even if she does like 1/10 of his insane fucking OP damage) and bastion just mows shit down for breakfast. Zen is useful for being able to heal, debuff and deal dmg at the same time, which mercy can't do, and since everybody has the ability to rez, she becomes a bit obsolete.

I'm surprised anyone has trouble on normal though, that's a bit weird to me unless you run with no tank/heals, I don't know what to say.

EDIT: forgot to mention I made it after several attempts, expert felt like 5 steps harder than hard difficulty. The gap between hard and expert is gigantic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    as far as I know nobody has beaten it on legendary with the original 4 because of tracer.
    This mode is terrible for Tracer. Her low health is a massive handicap. And since her guns aren't very effective
    at long range, this means she has to put herself in danger, and considering the swarms of mobs, she's guaranteed
    to get killed everytime.

Correct. I finally beat elite yesterday and didn't get any credit so yes, beat on expert, legendary and above 80% on hard require the original 4. Which sucks because as far as I know nobody has beaten it on legendary with the original 4 because of tracer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only played it 3x so far. First time, our Tracer and Torb dropped out early and Rein and I (as Mercy) eventually were overwhelmed defending the payload. Second time, we had a full team, me as Mercy again, and we completed it. Pretty easy + really fun. Third time, I decided to give Zen a try (I was the only healer), and we were doing well until the very end where Genji went off alone, out of my LoS, he died, and then it just snowballed with us failing.

I really like the mode, though, and I can see it being fun to try out new heroes (practicing aiming, warming up, etc.). I'll play it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilos View Post
    I played this 5 times so far. Gave it my all at easiest difficulty. Tried all 4 chars but no luck. Always ends in entire team dying and DEFEAT.

Anyone managed to do this incredibly hard event?
    Ehm... What?
    Did it two times with randoms, had no actually idea what I was doing.

Was a piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Alright so you just need to be stupidly good to beat it then. I did all achievements on Junk's revenge but this just seems like you need to be all-star players for it.

Signature Created by Jassinta

15+ Year Old Account
    Alright so you just need to be stupidly good to beat it then. I did all achievements on Junk's revenge but this just seems like you need to be all-star players for it.
    More like you need to use each class to it's full potential. Torb can snipe just like a soldier but most people don't play him that way. Tracer has to hit and run to confuse bots. But at the same time it's like a comp match. You have to be on your toes the entire time. There's no losing a round in this.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I played the normal Uprise twice as Mercy, on normal and hard, with very little difficulty. Then I did Uprising with any character, picked Orisa and cheesed it with her shields, on the highest difficulty. Though grinding through normal for the rest of my boxes, I did get a few bad people/groups that failed, because either we lacked a healer, or healers were just that bad.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah i always think it's really funny how people who complain about game balance can't kill some bots

i mean

they stand still for you to shoot them

its so easy <_____<

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    If you fail Normal, you've got some serious problems. Or maybe you're 10 years old. You can 3-man Normal, without a healer.
    Yay for insults. And quite the ironic one, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    This mode is terrible for Tracer. Her low health is a massive handicap. And since her guns aren't very effective
    at long range, this means she has to put herself in danger, and considering the swarms of mobs, she's guaranteed
    to get killed everytime.
    Tracer's REALLY not that bad. You just need to use her properly.

Her dash will "confuse" bots. They'll stop shooting and look startled for a second or two. It's basically a stun.
    If you pop behind the shield guys, there's a big glowing weak spot. Shoot it, shield short out and collapses. Easy pickings.
    If you pop behind Bastion, his usual big glowing weak spot still exists.

When I ran her on Normal to clear out the "use every hero" achievement, it was cake. Even though they're not doing a lot of damage in that mode, I barely TOOK damage, because bots were mostly confused or far enough away I was dodging. While she's not great for dealing with Bastions solo, Rein is. And like I said; she annihalates those shield guys, and takes away the threat of the massed regular dudes.

I've done the 4 base characters on easy, hard, and expert. I was able to clear legendary in the arcade using Bastion, Mercy, Ana, Rein.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Tracer's REALLY not that bad. You just need to use her properly.

Her dash will "confuse" bots. They'll stop shooting and look startled for a second or two. It's basically a stun.
    If you pop behind the shield guys, there's a big glowing weak spot. Shoot it, shield short out and collapses. Easy pickings.
    If you pop behind Bastion, his usual big glowing weak spot still exists.

When I ran her on Normal to clear out the "use every hero" achievement, it was cake. Even though they're not doing a lot of damage in that mode, I barely TOOK damage, because bots were mostly confused or far enough away I was dodging. While she's not great for dealing with Bastions solo, Rein is. And like I said; she annihalates those shield guys, and takes away the threat of the massed regular dudes.
    Tracer works really well at killing the soldier guys (the base mobs). Every guide I've seen recommended that, and bombing the bastions when they spawn. One clip in the head and they're dead.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Tracer works really well at killing the soldier guys (the base mobs). Every guide I've seen recommended that, and bombing the bastions when they spawn. One clip in the head and they're dead.
    Right. The upper tiers are all about picking specializations and focusing the right things at the right times. Tracer's no good at going toe-to-toe with the Bastions, solo, but she doesn't HAVE to be, because Rein wrecks them, and with proper focus-fire, they're dead before the get back into position, whether he Earthshattered or Charged them.

She's not as ideal as something like your own Bastion, but she's not as terrible as some people are setting her out to be. They're just not realizing;

A> her teleport distracts/confuses the bots, as a hard-coded feature (it's not just that their AI tries to locate you; there's a stun animation involved as they get confused)
    B> She can target weak points by jumping behind things really easily, which makes up for lower DPS

had zero problems with me on diva, hanzo, widow, roadhog group of pugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I ran her on Normal
    Keyword here is on Normal. On normal, anyone is viable in that mode (still need a healer though).

On higher difficulties, it becomes much more apparent what her weaknesses are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keyword here is on Normal. On normal, anyone is viable in that mode (still need a healer though).

On higher difficulties, it becomes much more apparent what her weaknesses are.
    I never claimed to be a pro Tracer player or that I was the sole reason we succeeded, I was just passing along some points I'd noticed. You don't need to use that stuff on Normal to get by, but it's stuff you'd need to at higher levels to make that Tracer pick not dead weight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did the normal/easy one today (first day back to OW in like four months)
    Played Tracer and outside of the four game-drops (went back to main menu and re-joined the game within like 30 seconds) it was fairly easy.
    I'll probably work on the other difficulties tonight and tomorrow

10+ Year Old Account
    I never claimed to be a pro Tracer player or that I was the sole reason we succeeded, I was just passing along some points I'd noticed. You don't need to use that stuff on Normal to get by, but it's stuff you'd need to at higher levels to make that Tracer pick not dead weight.
    If anything, Tracer is the "advanced" pick like Hanzo was in the Junkenstein's Revenge map. One that requires someone
    who can use her well, as she's not as easy to use as the other three.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only really challenging one is Legendary... especially if you play the version with only mercy, torb, rein and tracer... but for the one with all heroes it shouldn't be too hard with the right comp and decent people... I found it safest with either Orisa, Rein, Mercy and bastion or Orisa, Bastion, Mercy and either lucio or Zenyatta. Either way I think the best tank is easily Orisa, she is just too powerful if you use her ulti and dmg reduction right, but she is a bit risky if your healer is not paying attention. Also Bastion needs to know his target priorities... if he's focusing the small minions instead of the bastions or bombs it'll be a bad time...

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything, Tracer is the "advanced" pick like Hanzo was in the Junkenstein's Revenge map. One that requires someone
    who can use her well, as she's not as easy to use as the other three.
    Definitely agreed. Doing all the stuff I mentioned well is WAY harder than what the other heroes have to manage, with her small health pool. I'm just pointing out you need to be playing a bit more tactically than "run around and shoot things in the head", is all.