Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    Again, I'm not saying it's impossible, it quite clearly is but the errors of margin for each tank spec are vastly different due to tank mechanics/balancing (which is pretty much the worst balanced third of the holy trinity) and don't really reflect what tanking is about.
    Very productive post, thanks. I hope at least some of this gets turned into reality in the future to provide a better experience for all tanks.

While not commenting on if the challenge is actually a good idea for a tank challenge; I don't think it's an absolutely bad thing that it favors certain tanks over others. Specifically because the rewards are unique to each spec.

While I understand many just want the appearances because they are cool, you know if you see someone with a blood dk challenge appearance they are extremely good. It's more prestigious than others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Wiped at 1 mil HP left on Kruul because, well. I got knocket off the Plattform while no infernals are up and on the opposite side from the room.
    Sure, Mechanics and not a bug. :^)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    While not commenting on if the challenge is actually a good idea for a tank challenge; I don't think it's an absolutely bad thing that it favors certain tanks over others. Specifically because the rewards are unique to each spec.

While I understand many just want the appearances because they are cool, you know if you see someone with a blood dk challenge appearance they are extremely good. It's more prestigious than others.
    Hmm, I strongly disagree with that. The reward for completing this challenge is very straight forward for all tanking classes: A weapon appearance. In my opinion, Blizzard should have balanced it to the best of their abilities. Sadly, it feels like they didn't even try. I personally am sick of certain tanks being favored over others, and not just in this challenge.

The problem is that the challenge doesn't have much to do with skill. The mechanics of this encounter are very simple, but the raw numbers become overwhelming, because Blizzard just throws more and more stuff on the screen. Tanks who don't have the correct gear (or didn't choose the "correct" class) can't keep up, but they can simply keep trying until they eventually get lucky for a long enough period of time, because there is a lot of RNG in this encounter.

I am an item level 900 BDK and I had Kruul down to 8 million hp. I WILL eventually complete this challenge, but not because I am a good player, but simply because I will have tried often enough to get really, really lucky once. I won't feel accomplished at that point, I will feel relieved.

Deleted
    I've done the resto challenge and now I'm thinking about doing the tank one for druid.

My only question is should I even bother without the legendary chest and/or bracers because I don't have either of those. Seems like all succesfull tries were with one or both of those items. Has anyone done it without either of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Henriksson View Post
    Do you have any request?
    Paladin, please. Thank you.

Deleted
    210 Wipes later, i've finally got it as BRM!
    Happieness confirmed!

Kor'Vas follows and damages Kruul. If you place adds on top of Kruul and they do their cast without being interupted, she will die. As a blood dk, the adds stop moving while they cast their stuff, so all you have to do is move the boss. Mechanics.

Yup, mechanics.

Call it what you want, all tanks have to deal with this.

Kor'vas can't take damage from puddles or infernals, so no. If adds does netherstorm on top of boss that's your fault. Mechanics.

Buhuhu bugs... Actually mechanics.

Now here is the first interesting thing you ever wrote in this thread, I haven't actually seen this happen. However I use orbs and other CC in order to make sure adds dont get to cast their shit. If this problem is actually real, which I doubt(I'd like to see that recording) then you can probably solve it by not letting the adds reach velen to autoattack him, because then he wouldnt attack them back.

bugs bugs bugs, actually, Mechanics.
    You're a below average player that feels the need to critize other players for having an opinion, why? If they think it's a bug don't say shit you clearly don't know because you didn't code the game. Just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean it's non-existent. Shit like this is annoying and unwarranted.

On the not so bright side, I had krull randomly disappear on me 4/5 attempts I did tonight. It's happening to others so I might give it another go when everything is working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    You're a below average player that feels the need to critize other players for having an opinion, why? If they think it's a bug don't say shit you clearly don't know because you didn't code the game. Just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean it's non-existent. Shit like this is annoying and unwarranted.

On the not so bright side, I had krull randomly disappear on me 4/5 attempts I did tonight. It's happening to others so I might give it another go when everything is working as intended.
    You are an 815 equipped guardian with luffas and can't beat it and you call me below average? How amusing.

Kruul despawning when entering p2 has been a thing since the start, it happens quite often. Yes, it is a bug. Considering P1 is an actual joke now it is a very small inconvenience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    It's about whether or not sacrificing survival for damage is something a tank should do or not. I have to do exactly that on this challenge, using agility flasks rather than stamina flasks (since the incoming damage isn't a problem but my damage is).
    it is something a tank should do.

But would you ever bring one healer over another simply because they deal more damage? Is the answer the same when it comes to choosing tanks?
    Yes, if noone in the raid is dying that means you have enough healing so you pick the healer that does the most DPS.
    Yes, same applies to tanks.

But if you're willing to go the extra mile to maximize your damage, why aren't you willing to switch to a different class if it would provide you with even more damage? If another tank class were to provide 20-30 % more, why wouldn't you switch?
    1 ) Because every class have their own strengths and weaknesses. Every tank spec excells at different fights. Add fights, magic dmg fights, hard hitting single target etc.
    2 ) I don't have time to gear up 4 tanks that have equally high ilvl gear. Otherwise i would use the class that best suits the fight.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by NirmalaZdC View Post
    Wiped at 1 mil HP left on Kruul because, well. I got knocket off the Plattform while no infernals are up and on the opposite side from the room.
    Sure, Mechanics and not a bug. :^)
    Happening to me some times, the infernals doing their slam while still forming.

- - - Updated - - -

Still find it funny that the boss in phase 1 still hits like a truck to prot warriors.... when the high magic damage in NH was one of the complaints about the tank imbalance.

Blizzard never listens to warrior feedback. Not since WoD anyway

Deleted
    I'm doing BrM next, after that Warrior. Do you have any request?

It's not a bug. It's to prevent tanks from being able to spam CC.
    Ain't the entire challenge about controlling the encounter, sustaining a high amount of dps and trying to stay alive? Incap Roar making mobs not take any damage litterally screws me every single time I attempt this. I should be frekkin' able to use my abilities to control the damn situation but I keep screwing myself everytime I use that damn ability. I would really like some more input about this. Apparently after reading replies more druids have had the same issues. You say it's intended. Some people says it's a known bug... What is it?!?! Im getting so tilted.

The most frustrating for me is that I did fury challenge in ~30 attempts and didn't feel that I lack gear, legendaries or crazy rng; I did a challenge on my shaman (enh on 9th attempt, resto on 7th attempt) and it was actually very easy. Today I got a destro warlock staff on 12th attempt. Again, pretty easy.
    I just don't understand why some dps challenges don't require huge dps, solid offheals or specific legendaries to complete them, yet I have to pass the dps check as a tank. I don't understand why my 889 ilvl third character (warlock) gets an appearance with ease, but my main 907 protection warrior does not.
    I don't understand why during enh shaman challenge at certain health bosses stop using any abilities, but as a tank I get overwhelmed with a lot of stuff happening on the screen.
    It's just... compared to some other challenges you have to put much more effort in this one and it feels bad

P2 Is busted as fuck. Over 200 attempts. 3 attempts that wiped at 1%. Atleast 100 attempts that fail at 10%. The green shit on the ground is the most obnoxious thing I have ever seen. Not only does it tick for like 1.2 mil it slows you to like 5% movement speed, and Kruul's hit box is inside of his asshole so you need to be standing in it to hit him at all times while he is moving at 10% movement speed for some unknown reason. 910 geared, I've wasted thousands of gold and resources. Am I good enough to beat it? Yup. Am I lucky enough? Nope. Feel free to call me shit if you want but this shit is still over tuned. Who cares about P1? That shit was easy before nerf. P2 is just the biggest horse shit and incredibly frustrating.

Possible solutions:

Nerf Kruul's health

Buff his fucking movement speed or make his hitbox larger. I'd rather be getting melee'd than unable to hit him unless I'm standing in the shit I'm supposed to avoid.

Nerf the slow from the green shit in P2. I get it you want us to kite blizzard. Not a problem - It is a problem when it's literally near inescapable without heroic leap or infernal strike or some movement speed CD, especially with how often he puts it down.

Those are really the only problems with this encounter at the moment... Such a massive waste of time.
    Last edited by Effreet; 2017-04-14 at 11:05 AM.

Deleted
    I won't say the tank challenge needs a nerf, fixing the bugs (NPCs not attacking, infernals casting knockback when rebuilding, . . .) would be they way to go.

Deleted
    Gave it around ~8 runs.

Bugged AF still.

Facing eye, still getting knocked back.

Pointless.

Prot pala and P1, it's either insane luck + mandatory legendary or aint happening.

EDIT: I would greatly suggest for the eyes to actually decay and die after a while. As in, on their own without me touching them, not me having to throw shield(hope for a crit which wont 1-shot it anyway outside of wings, and then throw a judgment or 5).

Quote Originally Posted by Viin View Post
    Endless 30 was more about tanking than this fight. Velen is useless and the gear required compared to other challenges is stupid. As a brewmaster I don't think I'd be able to do it until I get the chest or belt maybe the trinket.
    I have the chest and belt, but it's still stupidly hard. That video of the world first brewmaster is both incredible and daunting---I'm a very competent tank, but this whole challenge is "can you carry a couple of keyboard-turning noobs through a mythic boss" not "can you protect your party while they do their jobs"

Velen's "super heal sphere of usefulness" is only cast a half-million yards away from you, and Korvas is literally the lowest DPS demon hunter I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Effreet View Post
    P2 Is busted as fuck. Over 200 attempts. 3 attempts that wiped at 1%. Atleast 100 attempts that fail at 10%. The green shit on the ground is the most obnoxious thing I have ever seen. Not only does it tick for like 1.2 mil it slows you to like 5% movement speed, and Kruul's hit box is inside of his asshole so you need to be standing in it to hit him at all times while he is moving at 10% movement speed for some unknown reason. 910 geared, I've wasted thousands of gold and resources. Am I good enough to beat it? Yup. Am I lucky enough? Nope. Feel free to call me shit if you want but this shit is still over tuned. Who cares about P1? That shit was easy before nerf. P2 is just the biggest horse shit and incredibly frustrating.

Possible solutions:

Nerf Kruul's health

Buff his fucking movement speed or make his hitbox larger. I'd rather be getting melee'd than unable to hit him unless I'm standing in the shit I'm supposed to avoid.

Nerf the slow from the green shit in P2. I get it you want us to kite blizzard. Not a problem - It is a problem when it's literally near inescapable without heroic leap or infernal strike or some movement speed CD, especially with how often he puts it down.

Those are really the only problems with this encounter at the moment... Such a massive waste of time.
    Amen. Sitting in the same boat as you. Nothing left to say here. Listen to this man Blizz.

Deleted
    915 here DH vengeance here. BiS legendaries, full tier bonus, more in the dps side of tanking rather survival. I tank mythic raids, and I can confirm that this challenge is not about mastering your class, but it is a combination of bugs and bad mechanic design.

1 shot mechanic goes against any tank. The purpose of our stats is to reduce the damage of impact and that mechanic is not suitable for a tank.
    Theres a bug that sometimes I get 1 shotted out of no where, I am full hp and suddenly 1 shot. When I look up re-cap after death, I don't see the 1 shot that done 6.5 damage.
    I can ignore the eye mechanic., some argue it gives DH an advantage, I agree, but this the challenge is not balanced followed by bad design for a tank.
    I managed to get to kruul phase 2 all the time, but theres soo much shit on the ground, that often can't see either the horrors which causes wipes too.

Suggestion:
    Make the a design that properly is suited for tanks. Reduce threat % so we have to taunt of Velen as he will do high dps for us.
    Do a tank swap mechanic with an NPC when he gets some stacks you taunt off and vice versa
    remove 1 shot mechanic and just make mobs hit harder so that we make smart choices where to use self healing etc.
    Reduce the amount of graphical shit that is on the ground, because its gets crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazlilax View Post
    915 here DH vengeance here. BiS legendaries, full tier bonus, more in the dps side of tanking rather survival. I tank mythic raids, and I can confirm that this challenge is not about mastering your class, but it is a combination of bugs and bad mechanic design.

1 shot mechanic goes against any tank. The purpose of our stats is to reduce the damage of impact and that mechanic is not suitable for a tank.
    Theres a bug that sometimes I get 1 shotted out of no where, I am full hp and suddenly 1 shot. When I look up re-cap after death, I don't see the 1 shot that done 6.5 damage.
    I can ignore the eye mechanic., some argue it gives DH an advantage, I agree, but this the challenge is not balanced followed by bad design for a tank.
    I managed to get to kruul phase 2 all the time, but theres soo much shit on the ground, that often can't see either the horrors which causes wipes too.

Suggestion:
    Make the a design that properly is suited for tanks. Reduce threat % so we have to taunt of Velen as he will do high dps for us.
    Do a tank swap mechanic with an NPC when he gets some stacks you taunt off and vice versa
    remove 1 shot mechanic and just make mobs hit harder so that we make smart choices where to use self healing etc.
    Reduce the amount of graphical shit that is on the ground, because its gets crazy.
    And Remove that black pool in phase 1 that is not required druid tanks are not range tanks sheesh that was most dumbest thing you issued into the game so get rid of it