Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    That depends on how active of an RPer you are. If you expect other people to essentially throw a clever RP into your lap, you'll be quickly disappointed. Most long-term, in depth RP is in guilds or RP-groups (guilds essentially being the easy was organize an RP group, but groups being comprised of RPers that are in dedicated non-RP gameplay-orientated guilds). Expecting RP on a regular basis is also something that you shouldn't expect. People have lives, schedules (both in and out of game), as sometimes simply aren't in the mood for certain RPs. So, you'll likely have a hiatus between bursts of RP events. You just have to get on people when your hiatus starts being threateningly long.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    Those people that spend hours just standing in the corner because they are too good to approach others and RP are the worst.
    Everybody has to be the toughest guy in the room. That's why RP in WoW was never my thing. The story basically mandates that you're the strongest mortal to ever shit a golden egg and you're supposed to abandon that in an RP setting. You're basically balancing two different character bios on the same toon.

You ever see an RP fight between two dead-serious role players? It kinda goes like.

X glares down Y, brandishing his sword and grinning
    Y barely takes notice, extending his dagger "hmph, this will be fun"
    X rushes toward Y, sword extended, and swings at Y
    Y gracefully dodges it, running his dagger through X's neck
    X narrowly misses it, casting a protection spell and slicing through Ys stomach
    Ys armor is too thick, the sword does nothing, he punches X with a clenched fist
    X grabs the fist and throws Y down to the ground, stabbing into him with a downward thrust of his sword
    Y vanishes, it was a decoy! He shadowsteps behind X and stabs him with a lethal poison
    X is immune to poison though and the dagger leaves barely a dent in his thick plate
    Yadda.. Yadda... Yadda...

The worst part is how little I'm exaggerating to tell a made-up story.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Everybody has to be the toughest guy in the room. That's why RP in WoW was never my thing. The story basically mandates that you're the strongest mortal to ever shit a golden egg and you're supposed to abandon that in an RP setting. You're basically balancing two different character bios on the same toon.

You ever see an RP fight between two dead-serious role players? It kinda goes like.

X glares down Y, brandishing his sword and grinning
    Y barely takes notice, extending his dagger "hmph, this will be fun"
    X rushes toward Y, sword extended, and swings at Y
    Y gracefully dodges it, running his dagger through X's neck
    X narrowly misses it, casting a protection spell and slicing through Ys stomach
    Ys armor is too thick, the sword does nothing, he punches X with a clenched fist
    X grabs the fist and throws Y down to the ground, stabbing into him with a downward thrust of his sword
    Y vanishes, it was a decoy! He shadowsteps behind X and stabs him with a lethal poison
    X is immune to poison though and the dagger leaves barely a dent in his thick plate
    Yadda.. Yadda... Yadda...

The worst part is how little I'm exaggerating to tell a made-up story.
    That is why I settle all of my IC duels with actual PvP. Only on rare instances to I RP duel, and only with people that I trust that won't do things like that.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

I just live in my own little bubble and, when playing games, I simply mentally convert everything other players say and do and assign it in a way that would be immersive friendly.

Someone jumping around saying "Lol" and happy that they got a new loot, I'd imagine it as them just being overly cheerful and laughing at the sight of upgrading their armor, in some way.

Everybody role-plays in my mind. Including you.

7+ Year Old Account
    RP is still thing. Many RP on servers with (RP) in them. Go on and make sure to talk and play as if real. Howsoever, don't go on Moongaurd.

have been playing Taiwan servers for years, never met one single RP player

Deleted
    I someimes roleplay but the problem is that the nightelf girls and draenei girls wants money... and I just started on the RP server ..

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    That is why I settle all of my IC duels with actual PvP. Only on rare instances to I RP duel, and only with people that I trust that won't do things like that.
    I tend to use rolls, but same principle. I remember my first rp duel was on swtor. dude tried to claim he blocked my saber with his blaster because he was "Secretly force attuned, making him stronger than me." I just sat there like...thats not how this work. I miss that guild had alot of great rp and is what inspired me to move to an rp server back on wow.

Deleted
    Yes

/thread

Recents expansions were not imo RP firendly. I couldn't seriously go on about alternate universe, and in Legion it's too big pain to be in Horde and accept recent events.

So for months I didn't log, but I was always that casual roleplayer who is mostly doing minor stuff and simply chats with others.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

They Still exist...

However, people are taking breaks, mainly due to these RP fuck-ups:

ARTIFACTS, PLAYER IS HERO, ILLIDAN IS GREAT, SARGERAS IS DEAD, LEGION IS STOPPED! GOOD JOB BOIS, NOW...TIME TO FIGHT TENTACLE HENTAI!

This stops players from Imagining as if they're heroes, mainly cause their RP Story-line is actually becoming a Thing. Why RP About you Wielding the Ashbringer, fucking Sargeras' ass up when you could just join the 7.3 LFR Wing every Tuesday for gear?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalec View Post
    Yes, RP is still there and still kind of rich, despite the game overall losing half of its players, and the overall dwindling quality, but it is still kind of fun. However, you are going to be met with a lot of jerk circles and really obnoxious players, as well as cringe inducing concepts.

Basically, I still enjoy RPing on Argent Dawn EU. It's like an above poster said; mostly either random encounters or set up sessions with story lines I move forward with the help of other RPers, so it kinda works I guess.

There are two main things that I began to notice recently on AD for example that really kills it off for me, though:

1- The amount of noble houses and noble RPs. It is as if wherever I run, everyone is noble all of a sudden. I am personally guilty of having a noble character, or two actually that is a brother and a sister, but in my defense I moved from Moonglade originally and this concept wasn't as spread there, and either in character my characters don't act very noblish IC; they in fact are very pleasant people that go to lengths to conceal that about their identity to make interacting with people easier, so as a result, only few people I end up actually RP with as a noble. On the other hand however, everyone somehow gets a kick out of roleplaying as one that when my mage is walking around in Stormwind, sometimes it feels like she is the only commoner amongst all the nobles in Cathedral Square..

2- Now please don't find this insulting; I am not attacking the gay community (I tend to consider myself bisexual), and I bet what I am about to address is done mainly by none gay players for whatever reason, but here goes:

The amount of lesbian couples I see in the streets of Stormwind or Darnassus, or people that are involved in "woman on woman" relationships is astonishing compared to the percentage of heterosexual couples I encounter. We get it, it's the hip things now and gays have rights, but just from a pure math perspective; how often do you run into homosexual couples in lore? I can safely see that I am aware of two couples; one in Hyjal and the other in Arathi, but that's it. The point is, it doesn't look like a very familiar concept on Azeroth to justify this amount of homosexual relationships.

AGAIN KINDLY REFRAIN FROM BRINGING THE SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR INSIDE YOU WHEN ADDRESSING POINT #2; THIS WAS NOT A JAB AT HOMOSEXUALS. LET US DISCUSS WITHIN REASON IF THERE WAS ANY DISCUSSION TO BE MADE OUT OF THIS. READ FIRST, UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE POINT SECOND, ANSWER LATER.
    You're not wrong.

I very much would like for RP to still be a thing. I actually leveled a character on Moonguard precisely for the purpose of getting into RP. Yet aside from the horror that is the Goldshire Inn, I've not seen any actual RP happening on the server, and I'm struggling to find RP guilds who are a) active, and b) willing to take in new people who are just starting with roleplaying in WoW.

So maybe it's still a thing? But not very common anymore, unfortunately.

High Overlord Dahlia Dawnseeker's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by logintime View Post
    I very much would like for RP to still be a thing. I actually leveled a character on Moonguard precisely for the purpose of getting into RP. Yet aside from the horror that is the Goldshire Inn, I've not seen any actual RP happening on the server, and I'm struggling to find RP guilds who are a) active, and b) willing to take in new people who are just starting with roleplaying in WoW.

So maybe it's still a thing? But not very common anymore, unfortunately.
    Argent Dawn EU has a great RP community. You just figure out what kind of RP you are seeking first and then know where to seek it; both things are luckily easy to figure out.

I moved to ED during EN due to IRL stuff. I don't see very much walk up here, and I never really did when I had alts here, but guilds are still really active. On WRA and MG you can easily find guilds and walk up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalec View Post
    Yes, RP is still there and still kind of rich, despite the game overall losing half of its players, and the overall dwindling quality, but it is still kind of fun. However, you are going to be met with a lot of jerk circles and really obnoxious players, as well as cringe inducing concepts.

Basically, I still enjoy RPing on Argent Dawn EU. It's like an above poster said; mostly either random encounters or set up sessions with story lines I move forward with the help of other RPers, so it kinda works I guess.

There are two main things that I began to notice recently on AD for example that really kills it off for me, though:

1- The amount of noble houses and noble RPs. It is as if wherever I run, everyone is noble all of a sudden. I am personally guilty of having a noble character, or two actually that is a brother and a sister, but in my defense I moved from Moonglade originally and this concept wasn't as spread there, and either in character my characters don't act very noblish IC; they in fact are very pleasant people that go to lengths to conceal that about their identity to make interacting with people easier, so as a result, only few people I end up actually RP with as a noble. On the other hand however, everyone somehow gets a kick out of roleplaying as one that when my mage is walking around in Stormwind, sometimes it feels like she is the only commoner amongst all the nobles in Cathedral Square..

2- Now please don't find this insulting; I am not attacking the gay community (I tend to consider myself bisexual), and I bet what I am about to address is done mainly by none gay players for whatever reason, but here goes:

The amount of lesbian couples I see in the streets of Stormwind or Darnassus, or people that are involved in "woman on woman" relationships is astonishing compared to the percentage of heterosexual couples I encounter. We get it, it's the hip things now and gays have rights, but just from a pure math perspective; how often do you run into homosexual couples in lore? I can safely see that I am aware of two couples; one in Hyjal and the other in Arathi, but that's it. The point is, it doesn't look like a very familiar concept on Azeroth to justify this amount of homosexual relationships.

AGAIN KINDLY REFRAIN FROM BRINGING THE SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR INSIDE YOU WHEN ADDRESSING POINT #2; THIS WAS NOT A JAB AT HOMOSEXUALS. LET US DISCUSS WITHIN REASON IF THERE WAS ANY DISCUSSION TO BE MADE OUT OF THIS. READ FIRST, UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE POINT SECOND, ANSWER LATER.
    I can safely only point out one 100% confirmed homosexual couple in-game without a doubt. A priestess and an enchanter in Azsuna... Seriously what others are you referring to? There are two others which are assumed, but no real evidence to support it. A female dwarf and human who shares the same surname at the Pandaria Alliance Shrine and two female nelves in Dragonblight, one wiggling her eyebrows at another who looks away in a huff. The last one is kind of light, not a lot of meat on it... What other couples are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by OrcPoster View Post
    RP is still thing. Many RP on servers with (RP) in them. Go on and make sure to talk and play as if real. Howsoever, don't go on Moongaurd.
    Moonguard is fine, just don't go to Goldshire if you want to avoid creepy whispers (mostly if you're a female character). If you want a very active RP server, that's the place to go.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcPoster View Post
    Moon Guard is quite the amazing realm, but it is not for everyone.
    ~~ ~~

Quote Originally Posted by bobthecrop View Post
    I can safely only point out one 100% confirmed homosexual couple in-game without a doubt. A priestess and an enchanter in Azsuna... Seriously what others are you referring to? There are two others which are assumed, but no real evidence to support it. A female dwarf and human who shares the same surname at the Pandaria Alliance Shrine and two female nelves in Dragonblight, one wiggling her eyebrows at another who looks away in a huff. The last one is kind of light, not a lot of meat on it... What other couples are you referring to?
    I don't see the point you are making.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

High Overlord Dahlia Dawnseeker's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobthecrop View Post
    One couple in Hyjal and one couple in Arathi. Not confirmed, but it's strongly speculated and as a result people are entitled to presume they are.

The point of the post you quoted was that there is indeed a heavy focus on homosexuality in RP whereas it is a concept that barely exists in Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    Moonguard is fine, just don't go to Goldshire if you want to avoid creepy whispers (mostly if you're a female character). If you want a very active RP server, that's the place to go.
    Argent Dawn EU is the same. Avoid Goldshire and the Bazaar and your experience will be amazing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    i did a whole lotta RP with a girl once, mabye 3-4 years ago, i kinda miss her lol
    This is the saddest sentencein in a long time.
    You must gain control over your gold or the lack of it will forever control you.