Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Small tip for people for the scenario, i started ignoring the eyes and getting to p2 a lot faster, around the 3minute mark to get to p2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Yeah, the DnD is reeeally annoying in how it behaves. Frequently get two stacks instantly when you enter. Stacks seem to stack faster if you're moving rather than still. You get a stack automatically whenever you enter or leave, instantly, even if you go in and out within a second you get multiple stacks (leaving the DnD resets the tick timer).

I've had a few times after interrupting the boss he would run at me and if I didn't run away fast enough he would clip me with the edge of the DnD and it'd instantly stack up like 7 stacks in 2 seconds O_o
    Yeah is really annoying as a DH when u glide straight back in after getting knocked back and taking double stacks....

Other than that phase 1 is pretty easy. now to somehow pull an extra 6% out my arse before he literally annihilates my ass.

Also for some reason Velen pulls aggro in phase 2 and it's a lot harder to pull them off him.....

Deleted
    is there a dk who accept to boost me ? i made 150 try i think, for 10 short p2. i think i'm just too stupid or smt for this challenge

Did a few attempts on it today (~20, Guardian Druid)
    I can get into p2 about 50% of the time, but I'm using a lot of orbs (like one every other or even every wave of Nether Horrors)

Currently this is what I do (leggos used= Eko and Luffa, 910 ilvl, 4 piece t19)

Stealth in>prepot+mangle+thrash Inquistor to put up MoU
    Stand on edge of DnD and spam Swipe and Thrash on CD.
    Moonfire eyes once when they spawn. The dot is usually enough to kill it with 1 cast.
    On first set of little adds, I pop Incarn+ RoTS and kill all of them and get a decent amount of healing.
    When infernos spawn, Thrash+swipe kite them.

My issue seems to be not paying enough attention (paying too much attention to Inq when I only need to disable drain life), so I get knocked off a lot. Do the infernos take increased physical damage all the time or just after they shrank? It seems like using Fang of Tich on these Infernos are basically free heals.

I haven't played in p2 enough to comment on it. Is it easier or harder than p1?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    I can get into p2 about 50% of the time, but I'm using a lot of orbs (like one every other or even every wave of Nether Horrors)
    One every other wave is pretty much what you wanna aim for. It's not the end of the world if you need one or two emergency ones, just try to make the last wave before phase 2 be one where you don't use the orb.

Do the infernos take increased physical damage all the time or just after they shrank? It seems like using Fang of Tich on these Infernos are basically free heals.
    It's when they get shrunk!

I haven't played in p2 enough to comment on it. Is it easier or harder than p1?
    I found it harder for sure! It's not that complicated but it's so unforgiving. One bad timing or knockback and you get smashed, and it's a MASSIVE dps race.
    Last edited by Leih; 2017-04-16 at 07:52 PM.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

One every other wave is pretty much what you wanna aim for. It's not the end of the world if you need one or two emergency ones, just try to make the last wave before phase 2 be one where you don't use the orb.

I found it harder for sure! It's not that complicated but it's so unforgiving. One bad timing or knockback and you get smashed, and it's a MASSIVE dps race.
    It is kind of stupid that the tank challenge is a massive dps race.

Yes a great a tank will do max dps while still having great survivability, but dps doesn't define a tank. Otherwise, tanks are just dps with strong mitigation. If I wanted a dps race, i'll do the dps challenges.

So question for you and other bears that have done it

1. Should I even bother doing things to Inquisitor other than interrupting Life Drain? I feel like I'm paying a bit too much attention to it, which causes me to not pay as much attention to eyes and infernos (inferno knockoff is probably the biggest cause of my death in p1)

2. How big is the radius for the Inferno pulses? I feel like I'm getting hit by them and taking unnecessary damage.

3. What CDs/AM do you use in P1? Do people use Barkskin and SI at all? I use Rage as an offesnsive CD and Frenzied Regen as charges come up, but since the damage is very spread out you can't really get a good healing off.

Essentially I feel like the fight should be very controlled and that I should be able to almost wait for the Nether Horrors to start casting before I use the orb, but a lot of the time I'm scrambling for an orb early because i took unnecessary damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post

Yes a great a tank will do max dps while still having great survivability, but dps doesn't define a tank. Otherwise, tanks are just dps with strong mitigation. If I wanted a dps race, i'll do the dps challenges.
    Well, after doing the encounters unsuccessfully I think it's quite fitting for a tank challenge. Only after you do the basic things like correct facing (eyes), positioning (inferno kiting), interrupting, mitigation, and things will maximizing dps come in the equation. Sure, it kind of sucks that toward the end you will need to good enough dps to pull off a tanking challenge, but that's essentially what it is, mastery of most, if not all, of the aspects of your role as a tank.

Honestly besides picking up loose adds and building threat (which are both jokes now), I think it covers about everything in a package.

Deleted
    Slootbag completed the BDK challenge and there was an interesting bug that worked greatly in his favor. Apparently, the knockbacks of the BIG infernals stopped working in phase 2. Only the knockbacks of the SMALL infernals worked. This saved his life multiple times.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/136055104

That's the video so you can see it for yourself. The challenge begins at 13:30. You can clearly see throughout phase 2 that he is being hit by the big infernal knockback animation multiple times but is not being knocked back. You can see it very clearly at 17:40 if you have doubts.

Edit: Some additional info for those of you who don't know. Slootbag is arguably one of the best tanks in the world, playing in the top guild Serenity.

The Blood Death Knight challenge took him over 150 attempts, having 909.7 item level.
    He also did it with his Vengeance Demon Hunter before that, requiring less than 50 attempts, having 908.4 item level.
    Last edited by mmoc37180e083c; 2017-04-16 at 11:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post

I completely agree. To be honest, half of the DPS challenges don't even have a DPS race aspect - they're just about controlled adds and doing a mechanic for long enough and you win. Almost makes the tank one more of a DPS challenge than the damn DPS one!

- - - Updated - - -

1. Should I even bother doing things to Inquisitor other than interrupting Life Drain? I feel like I'm paying a bit too much attention to it, which causes me to not pay as much attention to eyes and infernos (inferno knockoff is probably the biggest cause of my death in p1)
    My perspective is from Demon Hunter of course but I'm sure it's still relevant.

Initially I started off just cleaving the Inquisitor down very very slowly while focusing the adds the whole time. This got me to my first Phase 2 attempts... but I realised after a bunch of phase 2 wipes that it wasn't ideal, and started looking for ways to speed it up. The advantage of getting through Phase 1 quickly is that you end up with less infernals to roaming around in phase 2, and there's a lot less opportunities for failure in the first phase if the phase is shorter. My first Phase 1 clears were like 8-9 minutes long, by the time I was killing the boss I was doing them in about 4 minutes.

Easier said than done though, it took me like 50+ tries before I was comfortable enough with phase 1 mechanics to DPS rush it consistently. But more or less came down to maximising my time on the boss. One thing I realised was that when the elementals aren't up I can cope with ~4 stacks of the Decay without any problem, so to optimise I tried to absolutely maximise my time nuking the boss - basically doing something like: Nuke boss to 4 stacks, run out and kill eyes when it resets. Run back to boss for 2 stacks, run out to kill nether elementals, nuke boss to 4 stacks, run out to reset and kill eyes, etc, etc.

I didn't spend any time kill the Infernals specifically. Just try and kite them around the boss and when they shrink down they die to cleave without giving it a thought.

My aim was to get the boss down in about 5 waves of adds. I was pushing all my DPS cooldowns on the pull and staying in till 6 stacks of decay, getting him to about 76% usually. Then if all went well pushing the Inquisitor down to ~5% after wave 4, and killing it towards the end of wave 5. Though if I didn't have him low enough (depends on luck with eyes and timings) then killing it on wave 7 instead worked fine. I tried never to kill it on an even wave (wave 4, wave 6 or wave 8) because I was using the Orbs on each even wave, and I wanted the last wave I did to be orbless to maximise orbs ready for Kruul.

2. How big is the radius for the Inferno pulses? I feel like I'm getting hit by them and taking unnecessary damage.
    I actually am not sure. I never paid any real attention to it, the damage from the pulses never seemed to be particularly high enough to be a cause of death.

Essentially I feel like the fight should be very controlled and that I should be able to almost wait for the Nether Horrors to start casting before I use the orb, but a lot of the time I'm scrambling for an orb early because i took unnecessary damage.
    Also one thing I noticed on this is that Velen will cast heals on you (other than the orbs) but it's pretty inconsistent and he seems to have a very short range for that. Like, if you're more than 20-30 yards from him, you won't get any heals. I didn't know this at first, but noticed when I was going to the far end of the room to kill eyes I was running out of health but was fine when tanking the boss near Velen.

Not sure if bears have any such options, but as a DH I found it easier to silence the boss at the start so he would come closer to Velen which meant I could do a full circle of the boss and still be well within Velen's range.
    Last edited by Leih; 2017-04-17 at 12:02 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here's my take on the challenge from a Demon Hunter perspective:

General:

You will need a couple of WeakAuras or reminders of some sort for Drain Life interrupt on Inquisitor and Twisted Reflections interrupt and Annihilate for Kruul. Don't skip this, you WILL fail.
    Consumables: Agility Flask or Repurposed Fel Focuser (500 Agi, 750 Stamina). Vers or Bear Tartare for food, I went with Versatility. Rune, Prolonged Power + Drums.
    Talents/Traits: I went with 1-2-2-3-3-1-1. You can go with Fracture, especially if you don't have the Erupting Souls trait.
    Gear/Legendaries: I ran with my regular mastery gear. Darkmoon Card: Immortality and 890 Memento. Prydaz + Fragment as Legs. Most people I saw did it with some sort of DPS legendaries/trinket but I didn't find the need for it.
    904 equiped, 43 traits, 6.9k Crit, 1.8k Haste, 9.8k Mastery, 6.6k Vers.
    Armory here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ordie/advanced

Phase 1:
    This is not as much of a DPS check as P2 but it still IS a DPS check. You cannot have too many infernals out or P2 will just be a mess. Finding the window in between dealing with everything to damage the boss is the hardest part of P1 for DHs. Transitioning to P2 is also important, you DON'T wanna transition when the Arcane Adds are about to spawn and you DO wanna transition if you can right before an infernal spawns.

Notes:
    -Inquisitor is fearable and imprisonable. Use it to your advantage to drop stacks and also negate his damage.
    -DON'T jump while in the void zone around the Inquisitor. It will cause the debuff to stack faster.
    -The Arcane adds stacking debuff only increases ARCANE damage taken, so it won't affect any other damage you take in the fight other than from the adds themselves.
    -Use orbs to interrupt the adds instead of your Sigil of Silence (Sigil will cause them to attack you will will stack the buff pretty high). Only use Sigil of Silence if you somehow mess up the orb (cause Velen decided to spawn one on top of you for example). You should never have more than 3 orbs cause the 4th one WILL cause the 1st one to despawn soon after spawning.
    -I only killed eyes that spawned in the lower part of the platform (Velen's side). That way you only have one side of the platform to stare at. After a while you'll probably get accustomed to the Knockback. If you're running low on DPS, it's probably good to kill them for the 20% damage from the Soul they drop.

Transition between P1 and P2:
    Make sure the arcane adds have spawned and are interrupted. ONLY THEN should you transition the boss. A perfect transition would be: Adds silenced/killed, Infernal 5-6 seconds away from spawning, nuke the Inquisitor and get Kruul to fly on the platform.

Tip: DO NOT SINGLE OR DOUBLE JUMP DURING KRUUL'S SPAWN. It will sometimes cause him to despawn. After I had him despawn a couple of times, I made sure I was on the ground while he spawned and he NEVER despawned again.

Phase 2:
    This is the real fight for DHs, since P1 is pretty much a breeze after you've done it a couple (or hundreds) of times. This is about cooldown management and DPS.

Notes:
    -Kruul is Imprisonable + Fearable, which should give you time to deal with adds and get your cooldowns up if you need to.
    -Annihilate will increase ALL damage you take from Kruul, including the Fel Fire on the Ground, his melee attacks etc.
    -Twisted Reflections is despellable by the Holy Orbs so if a cast goes off for some reason (which it shouldn't), you can always dispell it.
    -Getting out of the Fel Fire is EXTREMELY important after 2-3 stacks of Annihilate. This was my second highest cause of death in the encounter, after Annihilate deaths.
    -You can double jump over the shadowy lines in P2 and they won't displace you, but there is a safe spot (On the left side of the platform, somewhere between Velen and where the Inquisitor usually is). This shouldn't matter to you too much cause you will mostly be Leaping towards your destination (usually a holy orb).
    -Night Elves can (and SHOULD) use Shadowmeld to force an Annihilate on the Kor'vas NPC. You wanna do it after the 2nd Annihilate usually (or even 3rd), depending on Arcane Adds. Make sure the arcane adds have cast their Arcane AoE and it has been interrupted otherwise they will run away from you and it will make it hard for you to silence them without an orb. Also, when you Shadowmeld try to make sure nothing will knock you back. It shouldn't matter too much, but it's nice if you can stay in it for 3-4 seconds.
    -With the above method it is entirely possible to completely drop your stacks of Annihilate. After shadowmelding, Imprisson the next Annihilate into Sigil of Misery, into orb, into another Imprisson into MAYBE another orb, it depends on his timing and if he decides to cast his interruptable cast in between.
    -Your cooldowns should be as follows: 1. Spikes. 2. Spikes and Fiery Brands. (2.5, for Night Elves, the next Annihilate is when you shadowmeld usually) 3. Spikes and Meta (remember, Meta from Fueled by Pain is also good). 4. Last Resort, OR if you didn't pop Meta you can try with Meta + Spikes. If you're at full health and have absorbed a couple of soul fragments it's possible to survive it. Unlikely but possible.
    -Dying and kill the boss after your death COUNTS AS A KILL. Only when one of the NPCs dies will the fight fail.

Detailed Fight / "Walkthrough"
    The fight doesn't start till you jump in so take your time.
    P1: Prepot, Infernal Strike, Brands, Immolation Aura, Meta, Soul Carver, Shear, Fel Devastation and then spam Soul Carver and Shear. Use Empower Wards at the END of the second Mind Rend that he does. That should be enough to last you for 2 Mind Rends. I personally stayed in for 7-8 stacks or till the Arcane Adds spawned. Once the arcane adds spawned, I walked out, Imprisoned Variss and then Feared him to make my stacks drop.

Start walking towards the orb that Velen spawned and make sure you're facing the eyes. Walk into the orb after the cast goes off and if the adds are below 20% jump to Variss again. Don't use soul cleave till the adds are next to him.

Now is the part where you kinda have to do your own thing, look for how many stacks you can take and make sure you always imprison him when you walk out of the aura, right before his Mind Rend is about to go off. Generally don't take over 6 stacks unless literally everything is dead. Also, fearing the Infernals in Variss' aura is a nice little bonus if one happens to go by it.

As I said above, I ignored all the Eyes EXCEPT for the ones that spawned 20-30 yards around Velen. Those are the ones that will fuck you up, try cleaving them down with the Arcane Adds.

On the second set of adds I always did the following: DPS them, orb on cast then immediately jumped on Variss, Branded him + Carver, then waited for the adds to come and Fel Devastation. I found that after I was doing this I was transition to P2 MUCH easier and with less infernals. Stay in for as long as possible but don't take over 6-7 stacks. Get out, Imprison -> Fear.

The rest of the fight is pretty RNG based, you just have to deal with things as they come. Interrupt the adds and try to cleave them with Variss AFTER you interrupted them. Throw all your Sigil of Flames on Variss at all times.

ONLY transition if you have just interrupted (or killed) the arcane adds. NEVER with the adds cast about to go off.

P2: Hop on the boss and start your DPS rotation. I popped my Drums ~60 seconds into the fight, around the time my second Soul Carver was up, not at the beginning like most people but do what you feel suits you best. Spend most your pain using soul cleave till the 2nd Annihilate and make sure you Infernal Strike on the EDGE of the fel fire, to make sure the Strike hits the boss. Any DPS counts.

Like in p1, you wanna use the orbs to interrupt the adds but it's much more important to keep your eye out cause orbs WILL be on top of the Fel Fire so keep your sigil for a case like that. The arcane adds in P2 WILL GO TO VELEN ALMOST EVERY TIME, so you NEED to pick them up with a Throw Glaive. It only takes 1-2 ticks of the Arcane debuff for Velen to die from the Arcane Explosion's first tick and that will most likely happen to you a bunch of times.

Keep your eye at Holy Orbs at all times cause movement in that phase is NOT as easy as P2 even though there are less knockbacks. You wanna have a plan on how to move to an orb, especially if infernal strike is on Cooldown (which is why the infernal strike talent is so important imo).

Other than that there really isn't much to it, all you have to do is make sure you use your cooldowns as I mentioned above and nuke the fuck out of the boss. If you feel like you're about to die and the boss is SUPER close to dying, pop a Sigil of Flame just in case the NPCs manage to kill him.

Here's a relatively well executed try where I ended up fucking up my Last Resort / Adds Interrupt: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/135987455

Good luck and have fun (sidenote, I hope Velen dies a painful death)!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordie View Post
    You should never have more than 3 orbs cause the 4th one WILL cause the 1st one to despawn soon after spawning.
    I'm not sure that this part is true? I've seen more than 3 orbs up (at least briefly). Rather I think that the orbs just despawn on a timer. If you always take the newest one, the older ones will still despawn. I've seen an orb despawn when there were only 2 up.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure that this part is true? I've seen more than 3 orbs up (at least briefly). Rather I think that the orbs just despawn on a timer. If you always take the newest one, the older ones will still despawn. I've seen an orb despawn when there were only 2 up.
    Not sure if it's on a timer or not but I found that having 4 orbs up means one of them is about to despawn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordie View Post
    Not sure if it's on a timer or not but I found that having 4 orbs up means one of them is about to despawn.
    I think that's just because the timer means that by the time the 4th comes, the 1st is almost out of time

It's good advice though in that by the time you have 3 you know you need to be using the oldest one soon. But I think it's important to get the older ones because if you have 3 and you take the newest one, you might still get one despawning anyway.

At least that's how it seemed to me. I saw orbs despawn when there were only 2 up.

Also one thing I noticed on this is that Velen will cast heals on you (other than the orbs) but it's pretty inconsistent and he seems to have a very short range for that. Like, if you're more than 20-30 yards from him, you won't get any heals. I didn't know this at first, but noticed when I was going to the far end of the room to kill eyes I was running out of health but was fine when tanking the boss near Velen.
    Wow, really? I have probably close to 100 attempts at this point, nowhere near to successful (my ilvl is too low and I don't have the skills of an upper echelon raider at my current skill, I freely admit it, but I still love a challenge). But in none of them where I've looked at my log (and I've looked a lot) have I ever seen a heal from Velen that wasn't triggered by an orb. Maybe something I'm doing is causing him not to do it? Surely I've been close enough to him some of the time...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendris View Post
    Wow, really? I have probably close to 100 attempts at this point, nowhere near to successful (my ilvl is too low and I don't have the skills of an upper echelon raider at my current skill, I freely admit it, but I still love a challenge). But in none of them where I've looked at my log (and I've looked a lot) have I ever seen a heal from Velen that wasn't triggered by an orb. Maybe something I'm doing is causing him not to do it? Surely I've been close enough to him some of the time...
    I actually could be wrong on that part. I don't have any logs to back it up. I just know I was getting occasional healing from some source while near Velen and never got that while away from him. Could certainly be something else that I'm not thinking of. It could have been I was running over bugged invisible soul fragments? But unsure why it only happened in Velen's part of the room. Or he could just be a buggy asshole :P Either way it seemed pretty minor whenever I noticed it.

Deleted
    New Hotfixes, nothing regarding Highlord Kruul, even though I spoke to GM and he said Devs are aware of bugs on Kruul. GG

Deleted
    New round of changes.

The difficulty of the Tank Artifact Challenge at the Mage Tower has been adjusted:

Highlord Kruul’s health reduced by 10%.
    Inquisitor Variss health reduced by 10%.
    Kor’vas Bloodthorn’s health increased by 100%.
    Nether Horror health reduced by 20%.
    Tormenting Eye health reduced by 20%.
    Smoldering Infernals are now summoned less frequently.

Atleast the last one i'm happy about, going into p2 with so many infernals up was almost always a recipe for disaster. Still no word on if they fixed any of the bugs or not though.

So question for you and other bears that have done it

3. What CDs/AM do you use in P1? Do people use Barkskin and SI at all? I use Rage as an offesnsive CD and Frenzied Regen as charges come up, but since the damage is very spread out you can't really get a good healing off.

1. Not really, using eko and balance affinity move around on the edge of the aura spamming thrash/swipe, keep moving and the knockbacks from infernals are not gonna be a problem, you will still need to deal with the eyes though. Once you do have to interrupt life drain, might as well mangle him as well while you are there before moving back out.

2. Not sure, never caused me any issues unless im standing right on top of them, i'm guessing like 10-15y.

3. Mark of Ursol and barkskin once or twice, never used SI cause they are better spent in p2 for annihilate. As for frenzied regen, as you said there are very few situations where you take a lot of damage over 5 seconds so it heals for very little usually. Using it with a ton of the hp reducing stacks won't help you all that much either, but yeah ofcourse better to use the charges rather than do nothing.
    Last edited by mmocb2358cdeee; 2017-04-20 at 02:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirrah View Post
    New Hotfixes, nothing regarding Highlord Kruul, even though I spoke to GM and he said Devs are aware of bugs on Kruul. GG
    Yup new hotfixes didn't make it any easier to survive and fixed none of the bugs. All it did was lower the DPS requirement by 10%. Velen is still a buggy, inconsistent, useless PoS and the other npc has equally retarded AI. God forbid you get the bug where it doesn't even start and you waste an attempt.

For Prot Warrior if you don't have the rough equivalent ilvl (including relics) of ToS Normal with legendary bracer (*See Shaft's post for alternative) there's no reason to try this. Maybe a Blood Elf engineer can cheese P1, but if you're not pushing mythic NH or chain-farming Mythic+10 keystones for extra ilvl don't bother. You're only proving how favorable your RNG is, not how good you are.

Demon Hunters seems to have the easiest time with theirs, which isn't helpful to anyone else since DH has the least issues with knockbacks and mobility (ontop of having bonuses against demon-type enemies).

We can only hope this challenge exists well towards the end of the expansion so more people can reach the ilvl target (because that's all this is) and doesn't end up getting removed because Blizzard felt too many "casuals" would get the appropriate gear.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2017-04-20 at 03:04 AM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Yup new hotfixes didn't make it any easier to survive and fixed none of the bugs. All it did was lower the DPS requirement by 10%. Velen is still a buggy, inconsistent, useless PoS and the other npc has equally retarded AI. God forbid you get the bug where it doesn't even start and you waste an attempt.

For Prot Warrior if you don't have the rough equivalent ilvl (including relics) of ToS Normal with legendary bracer there's no reason to try this. Maybe a Blood Elf engineer can cheese P1, but if you're not pushing mythic NH or chain-farming Mythic+10 keystones for extra ilvl don't bother. You're only proving how favorable your RNG is, not how good you are.

Demon Hunters seems to have the easiest time with theirs, which isn't helpful to anyone else since DH has the least issues with knockbacks and mobility (ontop of having bonuses against demon-type enemies).

We can only hope this challenge exists well towards the end of the expansion so more people can reach the ilvl target (because that's all this is) and doesn't end up getting removed because Blizzard felt too many "casuals" would get the appropriate gear.
    This is the stupidest challenge ever. Quad knockbacks. 900 ilvl means shit. Can't get close enough to dps the crap out of boss cuz theres 400 adds to deal with. Bullshit. and then there's bugs. and shitty npcs.

Well it got nerfed, so I killed it. The most impactful change was reducing the spawns on the Infernals.

I'm a prot warrior, these were my experiences pre-nerf, where I spent about 100 attempts before I killed it tonight in like 3-4 attempts:

I took off my tier pieces since the bonuses didnt seem to help much. I replaced it with some better itemized and better ilevel gear from my bank and it brought me up to 908 ilevel. I used Kakushan's Stormscale Gauntlets and Thundergod's Vigor as my legendaries - I do own the legendary bracers, both rings, both trinkets, and the boots and I learned that the healing bracers are 100% not necessary, becauseThundergod's + Booming Voice talent is super super strong specially on the arcane damage adds, which of course pretty much always hits Varis and Kruul.

My talent set up was Storm Bolt, Safeguard, Renewed Fury, Crackling Thunder, Devastator, Booming Voice, Anger Management. There's a good chance that Bounding Stride is better than Crackling Thunder because I think it gives you a heroic leap for every time Kruul jumps into you and puts fire underneath your feet, but if you see the jump coming you don't always need a Heroic Leap.

My trinkets were Parjesh's Medallion (890) and Ember of Nullification (900 + socket) - I have a very wide array of trinkets in my bank from my numerous M+ endevours, and while I was learning the encounter pre-nerf I really liked these two trinkets, although after tonights nerfs I likely could have gone with a bunch of different ones instead. I even have a Toe Knee's Promise (900) which I like quite a lot, but its not up often enough to help with the adds that do arcane damage, so that's when I put in the Ember because it has strength on it. Parjesh's medallion, I think, was key for me in suriving Kruul's Annihilate, which he cast on me 4 times in the killing attempt. I dipped to like ~5% health during against Kruul at least twice so the extra stamina was definitely helpful. Even in Phase 1 against Inquisitor Varis it was helpful because I really pushed the envelope in how fast I wanted to burn through phase 1 to avoid as many Infernals as possible.

I blew all cooldowns on the pull with a Potion of the Old War, and then when Kruul spawned I blew all cooldowns and an Old War potion again as well as bloodlust drums. I used Bear Tartare food, STR flask, and a rune. I have 47 points on my artifact which, including my relics, look like this: Last Stand 3/4, Stamina 5/5 (2 relics here), Leap 3/4, Thunderclap 4/4, Ignore Pain 4/4, Max Rage 3/4, Shield Slam Crit 3/4, Revenge 4/4, Armor 5/5 (one relic here). Obviously I also have Neltharion's Thunder golden trait and the 4 traits that preceed that one as well.

Stats: http://imgur.com/ZJoZNN0
    Last edited by Shaft; 2017-04-20 at 04:47 AM.