Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight White Whale View Post
    Dalaran wasn't completely redone. If it was, it would look completely different from the old Dalaran. There are minor changes there, nothing more. Yeah that's lazy, you genius.

I see the fanboi brigade has already arrived.
    Yeah...because it's easier to practically remake a old city, giving it more high rez looks, adding/changing npcs all over, and making it a mark on the map with its own map than just throwing some npcs in a already built and planned city.

It's funny you calling someone a genius...with how you're ranking on the charts

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    No. Just no. Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.

I will never understand the very high tolerance mods have for shitposters and trolls.

- - - Updated - - -

And? A lot of caves do too. I highly doubt any cave was ever a potential spot for a faction hub.
    You can even get infracted by calling someone a troll

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    Maybe this guy really thinks Mages ported it over to Broken Isles
    Lore is still real to me damnit!

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except it is remade, nothing was taken from the old dalaran, everything was made completly new

just because something has the same layout does not mean its a copy/paste, everything was made from new, and it was made to be like the old dal
    That's just ridiculous. I don't deny there has been noticeably work on Dalaran, but claiming it's "all new" is just plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    That's just ridiculous. I don't deny there has been noticeably work on Dalaran, but claiming it's "all new" is just plain stupid.
    ok, go to dalaran, and show me some models that have simply been brought from old dal, and placed in the new one (other then NPCS)

Deleted
    Dalaran wasn't completely redone. If it was, it would look completely different from the old Dalaran. There are minor changes there, nothing more. Yeah that's lazy, you genius.

I see the fanboi brigade has already arrived.
    And the retard wagon is right on the track in time!

Think about this: you want a new Dalaran or capital every fucking expansion. Why? "Hey what the hell Rome is always the same year after year, can't we just nuke it and build a totally new and different?"

Yeah it's an extreme example, but why you need a brand new capital every time? It makes no fucking sense. Think about the enviroment you play:TBC, you are on a new planet, kinda obvious there is a new capital and here you go with Shattrath; WoTLK, you have Dalaran, and thank god, because if you think about it, in Northrend there is no other city that can contain Horde and Alliance (and Kirin Tor); Cataclysm no new capital, you have the "vanilla" ones, and makes sense; Pandaria, new continent, new race, kinda obvious they have their own capital; Draenor, similar with TBC, but, sadly, Shattrath is under siege so you can't have a common capital; Broken Isle, again if you take out Dalaran, there is no other city that can contain both horde, alliance and neutral forces.

Thunder Totem makes no sense at all, because story wise, you are the "first" to make contant with Highmountain Tauren and you help them reunite.

Not only does Thunder Totem have its own city map, it also has its own general chat. It has enough room to have all the city functionalities and is central to the Broken Isles.

Then they realized that it required work to make it a true capital, so, lazy as they are, they literally copypasted Dalaran over to the Broken Isles instead.
    ... Yeah... They totally "literally copy-pasted" Dalaran from Wrath into Legion. Eeyup.

Are you even serious... or is this an attempt at baiting? Both Dalarans are so very different from one-another. It would literally be much easier to make Thunder Totem the main hub city of Legion (assuming you were right in your assessing that it was supposed to be the main hub) than stopping in the middle and re-making Dalaran for Legion. Please.

lol yeah looked at their other posts

"Is that so Mr. Hitler?

Should vee throw all ze little fetuses in ze ovens, ja?

Sorry we aren't all immoral like you, some of us care about all forms of human life. "

and

"What? You have not at all shown how this is an illogical argument.

Because it's a human being? Sorry but where I live it's not ok to kill humans and we don't have to explain why."

can we get a mod in here to /thread for "nothing good will come of this thread"

He's not interested in a discussion. He wants to state his basically incorrect opinion as fact, and then call any who questions in a fanboi.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Deleted
    ok, go to dalaran, and show me some models that have simply been brought from old dal, and placed in the new one (other then NPCS)
    Uhm, are you serious? Show me one that wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Louie De Palma View Post
    Not only does Thunder Totem have its own city map, it also has its own general chat. It has enough room to have all the city functionalities and is central to the Broken Isles.

Then they realized that it required work to make it a true capital, so, lazy as they are, they literally copypasted Dalaran over to the Broken Isles instead.
    Pretty sure Dalaran was intended from the start, as it was among the first things to be announced.

Try again. The fact that you think Dalaran was "copy-pasted" says it all. But then we live in an age where stupidity runs rampant and is even encouraged.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Pretty sure Dalaran was intended from the start, as it was among the first things to be announced.

Try again. The fact that you think Dalaran was "copy-pasted" says it all. But then we live in an age where stupidity runs rampant and is even encouraged.
    When the game was announced, it had already been in development for years. So we're looking at a very early development here. The evidence is clearly there.

I will when I get home. I'm suppose to be on vacation. But get ready for screenshot hell

- - - Updated - - -

When the game was announced, it had already been in development for years. So we're looking at a very early development here. The evidence is clearly there.
    No. No it isn't. Raids have a general chat. Their own maps. Does that mean they were Kent to be capital cities?

No, it isn't.

The story has also been in development for years, and it has Dalaran as the capital city of the expansion. There's been literally no evidence to support your claims, not even as much as a changed piece of code suggesting that they actually thought of Thunder Totem to be the capital.

Also, you say it's "lazy" to take Dalaran and rebuild it visually from the ground up, with new areas added to boot, but you think it would NOT have been lazy to just say "Thunder totem is your capital, deal!" when it was already meant as a questing hub? Top comedy right there.

You know an expansion is doing well though when haters need to create alternative facts to support their bile.

The middle of the place? I seem to recall a fountain and some lovely benches being there in Wrath, not a giant building with portals.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    The random big caves in Highmountain have their map too... were they supposed to be capital cities too ?

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    There is a few minor things. Like the antonidas statue. But there is for sure less then 10 things.

Deleted
    The place where you could go through walls in old Dalaran is still there in new Dalaran, and this has been since WotLK. They just remade them into 2017 graphics. https://youtu.be/-GRxl6T4RIE?t=86

Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    I don't see a question mark. I don't see anything you want to discuss. Sure you shouldn't have made a twitter post instead?
    If there was no question, nothing to discuss, then how did you manage to find a reason to get triggered and respond to it?

So they made the Thunder Totem Map and chat before the game went into Alpha? So they made the Thunder Totem map before any other zone had a map?

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    The random big caves in Highmountain have their map too... were they supposed to be capital cities too ?
    Let's go through stuff that was right out added and not just changed.
    That and every single shop has new stuff added inside.
    The underbelly is maybe 90% different. The PvP vendors is now a bunch of shacks that lead to a alchemist room. And the other side that used to just be a wagon and a wall now leads to more shacks and a new way down. That starts at the warlocks class hall.
    The fishing island and the pet battle area world quest area.
    Obliterum forge.

All examples of added things. Well this guy claims nothing is new. But guess what those things are all garunteed because they were not in old dal in any way. So they have to be new.