Thread: Class Hall DC's

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Class Hall DC's

I randomly get disconnected when I jump from Skyhold and when I log back in I'm in Azsuna. Is this a class hall problem or is it just me? It used to happen maybe once a week. Since 7.2 it happens about once a day.

All the time for me. Especially if I jump to the broken shore. It seems like it's 50/50 chance I'll get there.

Happens all the time to everyone, Blizz has not fixed it since legion launch. It has to do with any type of lag when jumping from skyhold.

At least the fall to the ground in Azsuna isn't high enough to kill us. GY there isn't particularly close.

Happens to me the most when I go to Dalaran from Class Hall i always ended up in the NW part of Azuna.

I don't remember last time I used suramar portal and actualy ended up in suramar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ye fucking bugged shit like every 5th jump dc azsuna...coukd fix after6 monts us ffs
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Bugs that don't give the player an advantage don't get fixed right away. Stuff like this may get fixed or may never.
    It sucks but that's the way blizzard does things.

15+ Year Old Account
    Same here from Sky hold to Dalaran. Had it easy 4 times yesterday

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I'm curious if this is related to the Full screen alt-tab disconnect bug (or maybe on purpose) that has been around forever. I assume like most people, I alt-tab when the game is loading, and while I haven't thoroughly tested it, it seems my disconnects are greatly reduced when I don't alt-tab during loading. This is using Windowed Full Screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Antero View Post
    I'm curious if this is related to the Full screen alt-tab disconnect bug (or maybe on purpose) that has been around forever. I assume like most people, I alt-tab when the game is loading, and while I haven't thoroughly tested it, it seems my disconnects are greatly reduced when I don't alt-tab during loading. This is using Windowed Full Screen.
    I really dont think so, because i have never had DC's in a load screen while tabbing out. On the other hand, I have gotten DC'ed when not tabbed out and when tabbed out as i jump down from Skyhold.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Yep, the magic rock in Azsuna. Pulls all warriors to it from skyhold. Has something to do with gravity and our intense dense mass. Warriors too yolked and that rock just sucks us to it. There is science behind it somewhere.

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    For those curious about the location, I wouldn't be surprised if our Class Hall is physically located above that location (instanced of course, but the architecture of it). To me it's all that makes sense because, irrespective of where we leap to it drops us there and the game assumes we aren't in our hall so it phases us just outside of it. That's my 2c anyways.

Definitely happening with increased frequency in 7.2; unfortunately the complaints about it have been very sporadic and have not gained a lot of traction, because a) it only affects 1 class, and b) it seems to happen to some Warriors more than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Yep, the magic rock in Azsuna. Pulls all warriors to it from skyhold. Has something to do with gravity and our intense dense mass. Warriors too yolked and that rock just sucks us to it. There is science behind it somewhere.
    #classfantasy

This game gets the weirdest bugs sometimes, remember getting DC'd right after taking a res. Probably cause the game has 13 years of old code built on top of new code creating this.

The DC bug already reported in the bugs forums, also some other class was saying they get dc'd when leaving their hall as well.

Deleted
    I recommend dismounting before jumping. My disconnects completely stopped after that at least..

Deleted
    about three weeks ago around the time 7.2 went live an avast antivir update added some gaming feature nobody knew or was told about. This feature led to insane logout/reloadui times and longer loading screens because it interfered with wow saving addon data/cache data/whatever. my warrior landed in azsuna nearly every other time i jumped, something i have never exxperienced before.

for three weeks i went crazy updating and/or disabling addon after addon, redoing my whole ui, deleting cache folders, reinstalling wow, nothing helped. When i saw the tweed from the weakaura dev teling everybody about the problem with avast (https://twitter.com/WeakAuras/status/854081873059999744) i imediately uninstalled avast: loading screens went back to lasting only a few seconds and no aszuna landings anymore

tl:dr disable avast gaminghook if you use avast, that did it for me

So the last week or two i have seen a new bug, where i have been left mounted in the air where the jump animation would normally start, if i was mounted when i jumped.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Deleted
    happens all the time #foreverinaszuna