Thread: Rip TV build?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    frozen touch is near useless if they dont buff it that way

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zelis View Post
    If frostbolt deals more dmg than GS deals also more dmg.
    yes if frostbolt was getting a buff, which it isnt, they are simply adding the spell aura to the spells., nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    With the change to TV, basically no amount of RNG will allow you those great pulls.
    It simply makes the game more boring.
    Yeah, I kinda felt this way too.

I somehow doubt it, I had open in my other tab an Augur kill of one of my potential recruits, with 62% IV uptime and he only ranked around 370 with really good playing IMO, not perfect, just very good.

Also for frost IV uptime is mostly a measure of both skill and RNG. There's a sizable difference between 62% and 45%, so yeah, I don't know.
    Yeah, not really. Getting procs is not skill. Getting blessed with vash gloves is not skill.

Double IL to extend IV, slight skill cap for positioning, otherwise its just button mashing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by itchynose View Post
    Yeah, not really. Getting procs is not skill. Getting blessed with vash gloves is not skill.

Double IL to extend IV, slight skill cap for positioning, otherwise its just button mashing.
    well in most encounters there isnt really a need for proper positioning, it is essentially just about having the haste required to double IL, if you have, there is almost never a reason or a cause that would make it impossible to double IL, ppl like to make double IL be something that only ppl with high skillcap is capable of to toot their own horn or something, double IL doesnt exactly require that much more skill, its basically just press IL twice instead of once while moving/blinking closer to the target, not exactly the epitome of skill.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2017-04-17 at 03:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    OH NOES, they nerfing frost by 3%, better reroll or unsub, now instead of 1kk dps u will have 970k :C /unplayable

Awsome i vote for this i also switched to frost as i got the helm and bracers for fire i kinda wanted to play a different spec so went frost. Got TWO legendarys so fa for frost and those were my 7the and 8the and they were the bracers and hands im kinda not that worryd about the nerfs as arcane frost fire doesnt mater what you play if you dont have skills in a game the only thing you can do is complain or play a different game

And for those with i have no time to grind than dont like wow was always a grind game first it was rep now its ap DEAL with it lvl up 2 specs instead of going ham into 1

But but i lose dps if i lvl up 2 spec. Realy? Simc your dps and than with 1 extra trait and than compare the ap you farmed and how much trait you coult get for your second spec woult realy amaze you

We wont be number one dps as long as we have to do stuff in raid who the fuck cares about your dps? Isnt killing a fucking boss more important than thinking about your dps ? My opinion is to just freaking remove skada from your screen if you cant deal with it like pro gamers and people who have brains that functions right do.

And nerfing icyveins makes me wonder if 3x relic for frozen veins woult be best option now

That how i see this game btw and you people who complain alot ^^ dont kil me for it tho im also just a boy with a house and a wife and work and i only have 45 traits in frost and 43 in fire as i coulnt care about dps i know i good enouf for my guild and they never complain about my dps in anny ways as long as try my best they are happy with me

6/10 mythic nh guild so not casual or annything if you think that

Dam boy long post i made

Im surprised you readed all this haha^^

So now my question is what is the best relic in 7.2.5??????

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    yeah, i think ppl are greatly overestimating how big this nerf actually is, yes it is a nerf to ppl with frost gloves but it does open the window to buff frozen touch which is a talent that they have said is underperforming, so it might even out in the end or even end up as a slight buff bcoz they can now buff said talent quite significantly without having to worry about ending up giving IV 100% uptime.

one of the biggest things that help IV have such a big uptime in forzen orb and the 4pc t19 which will also be gone in ToS, so this is simply a way to increase the average uptime of IV as we will prolly end up with less overall ice lances in 7.2 but with 2pc t19 and 4pc t20 we will get a higher uptime on frozen orb and get most of the lost ice lances back through more frozen orb casts(about twice the current casts of frozen orb) along with a significantly higher uptime on the t20 2pc which is a 30% critdmg to ice lance, my napkin math(so take it with a grain of salt) would suggest that you could very possibly end up with an uptim of the 20 2pc of about 30-50% which is pretty huge since the t19 2pc and the t20 set bonuses synergize so well together that it might be worth it to use 2pc 19 and then replace the frost gloves to play t19 2pc and t20 4pc and then use the frost bracers which with these changes should overtake the gloves in terms of dps.

You cant balance class around set bonuses...

Frosted sims don't take lots in consideration. Doing good DPS (i.e. above 80-85%) is all about cheesing and RNG. For example, you can get 3 Augur pulls where you drop IV before the 2nd orb because of bad procs, and you will suddenly fall off details, and then you get good RNG and at the same point in the fight where you fell to 8th you will still be no.1.

With the change to TV, basically no amount of RNG will allow you those great pulls. At least with this gear we have now, it simply means a drop into mediocrity and average. It's basically a change that kills off amazing pulls, and that's always boring - exactly as it's boring to use a 50% Combustion when you remember the 100% combustion spreads you had in EN.

Now, if you are one of those guys that can never reach second orb and even less so have IV active when your 2nd IV comes off CD, I guess it's a positive change for you, as it gives you a 30 secs IV baseline and hides your failures compared to those that do much better pulls. But is this the type of players Blizzard should cater to?

Also, seeing a great legendary like Lady Vashj dropping so much is just stupid. While I do have all the Frost legendaries and can switch as needed, I don't really feel like going Sephuz, and the TW ring is not always usable.

Still a very bad change IMO, one that affects the good players just like Combustion to 50% affected them. It simply makes the game more boring.
    LOL! you are severely mistaking rng for skill. L2P a non-rng based game, or a sport, or something real life ... there's a whole real world out there where actual skills apply.

Deleted
    People like you end up on the bench in any half-decent guild.

But I guess WoW is nowadays made to cater to you, the guy that cannot care less about performance or min-maxing a spec and comes with platitudes like "WoW was always a grind game", yeah, you basically just told us that you have no idea what you're talking about by comparing something as trivial as reputation with AP. This game was NEVER such a grind for high-end raiders, not even when we had to farm consumables.

In the end, I even feel bad for criticizing your post, as this is ultimately a mage subsection of the forums, so we're all in the same boat here more or less, but to see such disregard for our spec performance is somewhat annoying.

Anyway, keep on ^^smiling^^ , I guess.
    No people like him don't get benched in half-decent guild because he knows his spec and he will perform better than a magr who rerolled 10 times due to buffs/nerfs 8/10M Arcane mage here who never got benched

U can be benched on porgress on bosses where your class is horrible if u are aiming for top 1 world/server, if u are not, why the hell someome would bench u if u do 100k dps less than top spec xD

Quote Originally Posted by Sawbossnl View Post
    Awsome i vote for this i also switched to frost as i got the helm and bracers for fire i kinda wanted to play a different spec so went frost. Got TWO legendarys so fa for frost and those were my 7the and 8the and they were the bracers and hands im kinda not that worryd about the nerfs as arcane frost fire doesnt mater what you play if you dont have skills in a game the only thing you can do is complain or play a different game

And for those with i have no time to grind than dont like wow was always a grind game first it was rep now its ap DEAL with it lvl up 2 specs instead of going ham into 1

But but i lose dps if i lvl up 2 spec. Realy? Simc your dps and than with 1 extra trait and than compare the ap you farmed and how much trait you coult get for your second spec woult realy amaze you

We wont be number one dps as long as we have to do stuff in raid who the fuck cares about your dps? Isnt killing a fucking boss more important than thinking about your dps ? My opinion is to just freaking remove skada from your screen if you cant deal with it like pro gamers and people who have brains that functions right do.

And nerfing icyveins makes me wonder if 3x relic for frozen veins woult be best option now

That how i see this game btw and you people who complain alot ^^ dont kil me for it tho im also just a boy with a house and a wife and work and i only have 45 traits in frost and 43 in fire as i coulnt care about dps i know i good enouf for my guild and they never complain about my dps in anny ways as long as try my best they are happy with me

6/10 mythic nh guild so not casual or annything if you think that

Dam boy long post i made

Im surprised you readed all this haha^^

So now my question is what is the best relic in 7.2.5??????
    why lie? your guild is only 3/10 mythic and so is your character.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, that's quite a good change actually. This prevents us to maintain nearly 100% uptime, BUT it's a quite a strong buff for Lonely Winter, because due to our "Flurrish" style of gameplay in 7.2.5 we would WANT to cast more flurry instead of Ice Lance (because of Frostbolts obv).
    I see it this way.
    In 7.2.5 we will have 2-phase routines:
    1) Our "Burst"-routine - The time when we have icy vein "/and" frozen orb effects, Due to our legend-hands and frozen orb nature we will have constantly more ice lances than flurries. Our main task here is to execute as much shatter-lances as possible. Due to the TV changes we would preffer LW instead of BC talant.
    2) Our "Reduction"-routine - The time when we work towards cooldown reduction of both IV and Frozen Orb, both of them requires Frostbolts to reduce their cooldowns. The reduction thing of IV is obvious - we would want to have as much critical frostbolts to reduce CD of IV, and as for the FO - we would want to trigger as much Brain Freezes as possible
    Well that's how I see it. It's not that Blizzard want to nerf TV to make GS viable, the whole new set is quite juicy for GS, but not bad at all for TV.
    Last edited by Maverixx; 2017-04-18 at 10:40 AM.

Meanwhile assa rogues with leggy boots, elisande trinket and relics are getting closer to 100% vendetta uptime
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Guys guys we're saved. Latest PTR notes: Cone of Cold +170% damage. We're good.

Can anyone login to PTR and confirm this?
    Last edited by seniorproc; 2017-04-19 at 07:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    Guys guys we're saved. Latest PTR notes: Cone of Cold +170% damage. We're good.
    good !
    one more spell to use in aoe
    that was not expected. but still funny

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxMaccloud View Post
    Arcane it is then!?
    Rather be rerolling to another class than playing arcane.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by faguoren View Post
    good !
    one more spell to use in aoe
    that was not expected. but still funny
    Is that before or after "Burst of Cold damage bonus to Cone of Cold reduced to 400% (was 800%)."....

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Meanwhile assa rogues with leggy boots, elisande trinket and relics are getting closer to 100% vendetta uptime
    warriors and DHs have been pumping ridiculous numbers for a while now. its ok, apparently there was so much hate towards Fire mages padding on Xavius, melees are now untouchable.

OT: Even with the nerfed TV(not as severe), I would like to see them bump our AOE - e.g. make Flurry hits have an extra splash like Phoenix Flames, up Blizzard dmg, make Splitting ice both crit when you have Winters chill, even without Fingers of Frost.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ionchannel View Post
    Is that before or after "Burst of Cold damage bonus to Cone of Cold reduced to 400% (was 800%)."....

That nerf is only in PvP though.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    warriors and DHs have been pumping ridiculous numbers for a while now. its ok, apparently there was so much hate towards Fire mages padding on Xavius, melees are now untouchable.

OT: Even with the nerfed TV(not as severe), I would like to see them bump our AOE - e.g. make Flurry hits have an extra splash like Phoenix Flames, up Blizzard dmg, make Splitting ice both crit when you have Winters chill, even without Fingers of Frost.
    we need a different golden trait. warriors golden trait is ridiculously good and ours is barely 2% damage on a pull.