Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Genji - Ranged Assassin - Overwatch Hero

Basic Abilities

Trait - Cyber Agility (D)
    Activate to jump to target area

Shuriken (Q)
    Throw 3 Shuriken in a spread pattern dealing each damaging the first enemy it hits. Stores up to 3 charges. Shuriken’s cooldown replenishes all charges at the same time.

Deflect (W)
    Become Protected for 1.25 seconds. Any damage blocked during this period causes Genji to throw a Kunai toward the nearest enemy, prioritizing Heroes and dealing damage.

Swift Strike (E)
    Dash forward, dealing damage to all enemies in a line. Enemy Heroes who die within 2 seconds after being hit by Swift Strike cause the cooldown and Mana cost to be refunded.

Dragonblade (R1)
    Unleash the Dragonblade for 8 seconds. While active, Dragonblade can be reactivated to lunge forward and slash in a huge arc. If any enemy Heroes are killed within 2 seconds after being hit by Dragonblade, Swift Strike’s cooldown is reset.

X-Strike (R2)
    Perform 2 perpendicular slashes that deal damage and ignite after 1.25 seconds, dealing additional damage to enemies in their area of effect.

Talents

Level 1
    • Swift as the Wind (E) - Hitting an enemy Hero with Swift Strike increases Genji's Movement Speed by 30% for 3 seconds.
    • Agile Dismount (D) - While mounted, the range of Cyber Agility is increased by 70% and its cooldown is reduced by 5 seconds.
    • Pathfinder (D) - Jumping over terrain with Cyber Agility increases Genji's Movement Speed by 25% for 6 seconds.

Level 4
    • Shuriken Mastery (Q) - Quest: Hit enemy Heroes with Shuriken. Reward: After hitting 35 Heroes, Shuriken damage is increased by 30. Reward: After hitting 75 Heroes, Cyber Agility now refunds 2 charges of Shuriken.
    • Dragon Claw (Active) - After Genji blocks 432 damage with Deflect, he may activate Dragon Claw to deal 187 damage to all nearby enemies.
    • Strike at the Heart (E) - Enemies hit by the end of Swift Strike take an additional 144 damage over 2 seconds.

Level 7
    • Augmented Guard (W) - When Deflect ends, Genji gains a Shield equal to 50% of the damage blocked for 4 seconds.
    • Perfect Defense (W) - Deflected damage reduces the cooldown of Deflect by 2 seconds, up to a maximum of 10 seconds.
    • Dodge (Passive) - Genji dodges 1 Heroic Basic Attack every 5 seconds. Stores up to 3 charges.
    • Cyber Shield (D) - Using Cyber Agility grants 50 Spell Armor for 2 seconds.

Level 13
    • Shingan (Q) - Hitting an enemy with all 3 Shuriken deals 120 bonus damage.
    • Flow Like Water (E) - Each enemy Hero hit with Swift Strike reduces its cooldown by 3 seconds.
    • Double Jump (D) - Cyber Agility stores 2 charges but its cooldown is increased by 5 seconds.

Level 16
    • Reflect (W) - Deflect also deals an additional 33% of the damage blocked.
    • Final Cut (E) - After 1 second, Swift Strike deals an additional 130 damage to all enemies in the area.
    • Steady Blade (E) - Each enemy Hero hit by Swift Strike increases the damage of the next Swift Strike by 20%. This bonus stacks up to 3 times.

Level 20
    • The Dragon Becomes Me (R1) - Each time Dragonblade hits an enemy Hero, the duration of Dragonblade is increased by 1 second.
    • Living Weapon (R2) - Each enemy Hero hit by X-Strike reduces its cooldown by 12 seconds.
    • Nanosteel Shuriken (Q) - Shuriken now pierce all enemies hit.
    • Zanshin (W) - Quest: Block 6500 damage with Deflect, including damage blocked so far. Reward: Deflect hits all nearby enemy Heroes.
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2017-04-24 at 05:06 PM.

Trait appears to be jump.
    Q is skill shot shurikens
    W is reflect
    E was dash.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    I was planned buy Lost Vikings, but forget them! I need OW Assasin and Genji is perfect!

Added basic abilities to the OP.

- - - Updated - - -

Will be adding talents now.

- - - Updated - - -

Aaand done!

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroe...bernetic-ninja

Official page is now up, beautiful master skin.
    I am the lucid dream

Another cancerous hero from Overwatch, great :\

10 sec cd jump, 12 sec cd outrageously long and instant dash, potential burst with 3 charges of shurikens +shogun at lvl13 + dash + dragonblade + kunai from deflect prioritizing heroes, and fucking auto-attack while moving, or at least very similar to it. At best he'll have to stutter step 1 AA out of 3, at worst - jump around like monkey throwing AA shurikens around.

This ridiculous mobility creep is immensely tiring. Like Tracer wasn't enough.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't feel like we needed another QM stomper.

15+ Year Old Account
    /sigh Yet another assassin

I am the lucid dream

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Yup, real shame it's currently their most popular ip - Dva incoming next as a high mobility tank, yay

Game would honestly be a lot better with all the overwatch heroes removed, their high mobility/unlimited resource toolkits just don't fit vs every other more traditional moba hero

It's probably too early to say, but my first impressions of Genji are fairly positive, with one gripe:

Pros:
    He looks to feel like Genji from Overwatch (which is what the developers try to capture).
    High mobility with not a great deal of power to compensate.

Cons:
    Perhaps too much mobility... Swift Strike travels through terrain untalented, and the range is unbelieveable for a basic ability (again, untalented). This ontop of his Cybernetic Agility allows him to fly from one end of the screen to the other side [off-screen] in an instant. It makes sense for Cybernetic Agility to traverse terrain, but I'm not convinced that Swift Strike should.

As I said, these are just my initial impressions, and I don't mind if Genji keeps this kind of mobility, but I don't think this should all be available at level 1. Perhaps increasing the distance of Swift Strike to its current range [after a 30%~ reduction] and allowing it travel through terrain could be rewarded after completeing a quest talent might be in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post

10 sec cd jump, 12 sec cd outrageously long and instant dash, potential burst with 3 charges of shurikens +shogun at lvl13 + dash + dragonblade + kunai from deflect prioritizing heroes,
    Good luck pulling off that burst. From all I've seen, his mobility is insane, but his damage is pretty weak. He's good at securing kills on players who are already low, but his damage output on his own is pretty lackluster.

MFPT's theorycraft video - bear in mine, pally is a high platinum/low diamond level player so this may or may not be something you take stock in.
    I am the lucid dream

15+ Year Old Account
    Grubby has a couple vids out as well, one of my more respected theorycrafters due to skill and bafflingly encyclopaedic knowledge of the game. I usually look to those for new heros.

From what I've seen from him, Genji is startlingly difficult to lock down and kill, but while his mobility is outrageous he lacks burst. As mentioned above he's great for securing kills, but not a huge playmaker and a surprisingly bad duelist against anyone he can't kite. Also he chews through mana at an alarming rate.

He's probably better than Illidan for dive kills though, even extremely deep. E in from a billion miles away, gank someone under three towers and a fort, E straight back out after the kill reset.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Played a couple of games as him and he's fun, I prefer him over the other recent assassins.
    BUT GOD DAMN am I sick of this assassin hero release spam (I understand how it happened, but jebus). It's overkill.
    His master skin is noice though!
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer an undertuned hero. Especially one that has such absurd mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Grubby has a couple vids out as well, one of my more respected theorycrafters due to skill and bafflingly encyclopaedic knowledge of the game. I usually look to those for new heros.

From what I've seen from him, Genji is startlingly difficult to lock down and kill, but while his mobility is outrageous he lacks burst. As mentioned above he's great for securing kills, but not a huge playmaker and a surprisingly bad duelist against anyone he can't kite. Also he chews through mana at an alarming rate.

He's probably better than Illidan for dive kills though, even extremely deep. E in from a billion miles away, gank someone under three towers and a fort, E straight back out after the kill reset.
    I have some concerns that he won't find a place in the meta because despite being an amazing finisher he doesn't bring anything else to the table. His two obvious competitors are Tracer and Illidan, both of which bring things to the table other than securing kills - Tracer has sustained harass and burst while Illidan is one of the game's premier camp clearers. Genji absolutely requires a stronger dps and can't hard carry with Tassadar's support like Tracer can and picking Genji is picking a hero that cannot clear waves or camps on his own at all (which also weakens any attempts at pairing him with Lucio, though that is a slightly more minor point).

I could be very wrong of course, this isn't a role I enjoy or am good at playing so I don't claim to be an expert on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    I have some concerns that he won't find a place in the meta because despite being an amazing finisher he doesn't bring anything else to the table. His two obvious competitors are Tracer and Illidan, both of which bring things to the table other than securing kills - Tracer has sustained harass and burst while Illidan is one of the game's premier camp clearers. Genji absolutely requires a stronger dps and can't hard carry with Tassadar's support like Tracer can and picking Genji is picking a hero that cannot clear waves or camps on his own at all (which also weakens any attempts at pairing him with Lucio, though that is a slightly more minor point).

I could be very wrong of course, this isn't a role I enjoy or am good at playing so I don't claim to be an expert on it.
    No, people get this wrong.

Illidan and Tracer are not finishers in a sense of 'executioner'. These two Heroes are like dogs you unleash to hunt down escaping enemies, they are about relentless and constant pressure. When playing against them, you don't feel like you need to watch your health to not drop below certain threshold in fear of getting killed off.

If we are comparing Heroes, I personally think Genji is more in line with Greymane. Both Heroes do some decent poke damage, but jump into middle of things to get kills. Greymane is still better PvE Hero, but on maps where it isn't that important, I think Genji can take his spot.

Sure he can function as Illidan or Tracer in chasing down people, but remember he has no self-sustain of Illidan or Tracer's Recall. Once you expend your mobility, it is easy to get killed as your Deflect drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnophobia View Post
    It's probably too early to say, but my first impressions of Genji are fairly positive, with one gripe:

Pros:
    He looks to feel like Genji from Overwatch (which is what the developers try to capture).
    High mobility with not a great deal of power to compensate.

Cons:
    Perhaps too much mobility... Swift Strike travels through terrain untalented, and the range is unbelieveable for a basic ability (again, untalented). This ontop of his Cybernetic Agility allows him to fly from one end of the screen to the other side [off-screen] in an instant. It makes sense for Cybernetic Agility to traverse terrain, but I'm not convinced that Swift Strike should.

As I said, these are just my initial impressions, and I don't mind if Genji keeps this kind of mobility, but I don't think this should all be available at level 1. Perhaps increasing the distance of Swift Strike to its current range [after a 30%~ reduction] and allowing it travel through terrain could be rewarded after completeing a quest talent might be in order.
    His mobility is fucking stupid in Overwatch too :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Meh, should have just been an Illidan skin.