Thread: New Producer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    The daily rep grind area:

If that doesn't sound bad enough, bw split the rep grind into two halves letting you grind the shards to get the dailies to grind the rep of the opposite faction. The one you are supposed to be killing. Thats where the whole switch factions thing comes in. I thought it was to encourage PVP but that was a joke. It was to allow you to grind the same area twice.

Grind to pick up shards. Spend shards to get dailies so you can grind a rep for both factions on one toon if you want. Even if you choose to kill the other faction.
    Another grand WTF moment in how can we kill the gamers time doing the same thing over and over. Just make them do it twice.
    This sounds more like a bug. Eric stated that when you choose one faction for Iokath that you are not allowed(or able) to do the dailies for the opposite faction. That you were able to get them and complete them sound more like a bug. Or were you just able to buy them and not do them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's one thing to be a general of sorts leader of paladins and another to be an emperor of a nation in a MMO. Besides being an "adventurer" is not everyone's thing. Especially in very war like stories. Some low level adventurer isn't going to get involved in big shit unless he's crazy.
    Yeah and that was the biggest disconnect with the last three 'expacs'. At the end of Ziost, you were still just a Major, or Darth, or Smuggler leader, or whatever. Now you are the FREAKING EMPEROR of the Galaxy.... Who ever thought this story up MUST have been trying to drain subs from the game more than trying to maintain some kind of continuity within the Star Wars Universe.

I mean look at ALLL the Darths that tried to rule the Galaxy..... They never made it but YOU.... YOU the player are able to succeed where everyone else failed. And now when you are the BIGGEST best of the best in the Galaxy by not only taking out the Emperor and his two Ultra powerful children.. you re Forced to lower yourself to the rank of high level grunt and Take orders from the Empire or Republic once again. Even though you have the Biggest Army and Armada in the Known Galaxy.

And What of SCORPIO in this Iokath story. With out Spoilers, do we get to hear something of what happened to her?

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    This sounds more like a bug. Eric stated that when you choose one faction for Iokath that you are not allowed(or able) to do the dailies for the opposite faction. That you were able to get them and complete them sound more like a bug. Or were you just able to buy them and not do them?
    SNIP...
    You are allowed to switch sides once a day. Rep to Emp or the opposite way.

After doing them on the Rep side I swapped sides.

Honestly, I didn't actually try to pick up the Emp side or do anything but look because I would have had to grind out shards again to do them. I swapped to look at the rewards and they suck just as bad as the Rep side does.

Thats when I put it all together.

1. Grind large amount of iokath shards.
    2. Buy daily quests with shards.
    3. Grind daily quests for Iokath rep to gain access to vendors.
    4. Realise you spend more to just do a daily than you get as a reward at the end for doing it.
    5. Vendors have terrible rewards for that double grind.
    6. bioware wants you to go back to 1. and keep doing it over and over. I got off the ride there because it's not worth it at all.

End result was realizing there is no point in doing any of that.
    The real kicker is when you buy a daily quest. They might cost 600 shards and 50K credits. REWARD FOR COMPLETION: 25 shards and 15K credits and a rep token.

You go in the hole each and every time you do a daily, all so you can grind a rep that has no interesting rewards like you could get in past rep grinds. No decorations at all either and I know some love to grind for those. The Gree had interesting rewards. Bounty Brokers had some interesting rewards. Iokath is pretty much garbage for rewards.

bw has really just lost it when it comes to design and development for this game ATM. Everything since 5.0 is just a different cluster "F" with small moments where it's not as screwed up.
    Last edited by quras; 2017-04-25 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Ill change my view, it was pretty cliche heavy. Only thing I liked was sith warrior getting to reunite with Quinn.
    Reunite as in stabbing him in the face with my lightsaber?