Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    burning rush
    portal
    pet taunt?

you know who got a hard time ? a shadow without any of this Shit. Doing this as an Affliction Lock is a Joke with decent Gear Levels
    Shadow can use S2M to be able to cast your entire rotation while moving. You don't need to enter voidform until you're ready to burst Raest down. You don't need to kill Karam to finish the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    Shadow can use S2M to be able to cast your entire rotation while moving. You don't need to enter voidform until you're ready to burst Raest down. You don't need to kill Karam to finish the quest.
    Is an all or nothing strat, very gear dependant to survive high stacks of s2m.

Deleted
    burning rush
    portal
    pet taunt?

you know who got a hard time ? a shadow without any of this Shit. Doing this as an Affliction Lock is a Joke with decent Gear Levels
    I would agree but those might sound lot easier than you think.
    Portal has 2m cooldown and you cant use it if you "run too far" making one portal disappear because you went too far. Also going thro portal if the guy is near it makes you get hit.
    Burning rush makes you take damage, making lower geared players more subject to death over single mistakes you could potentially soak (like one Hands cast)
    You have absord shield with just GCD cost which gives you speed boost, too

Pet taunt is cheesy and doesnt always work. And only P1. Pet can soak the summoning runes tho so I give you that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjeletyven View Post
    I was one of the first people to complete it on EU after refining strategy by watching/helping yipzarena out when he did it on stream. Big respect to him as i believe he was one of the first if not THE first on US/world to do it. Here are a few reasons why doing the challenge is possible without the ring.
    My Kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lseu...jvuryzh044qs0k

Sincerly, Sjeletyven/Sjeletyven1/Gelètyven
    Was a nice video, thx for it.
    Completely agreed, the legendary ring not mandatory. It's nice to have.

TL;DR
    I try only twice. The first attempt was fine for 20% (feat ring), the second I die because of deconcentrate level over 9000 (40% wipe /wo ring, coz' i stuck on an candle )

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    I like your videos and watched this one before I did this challenge myself (went sl like you did) Hovever you did it with portal pants > 2 teleports. I did it with sephuz like yipz and I also used devilsaur shockbatton. It's impossible to do if you don't have one of these 3 legendaries. Also encounter is bugged to hell, paladin can go through obstacles for example, your pet can randomly disappear and the most retarded one which prove that they're not tested it at all is that your gateway can disappear (one portal or both) if you go far away. Also affliction is on the same challenge as specs who able to infinity slow mobs while casting on move and our DG slow is put on pvp duration for no reason.

So the only challenge for me was to deal with 1st phase retarded mechanics as immobile spec without perma slow, once done second and third phases were walk in the park because of gear (910 equipped) and paladin who started chasing me again with like 60-70hp is a joke too. Also I pushed drums on p2. Funny thing is: you can sustain his damage many times with prydaz/pact/demonskin but it's part where retarded bugs come in, and he start to throw you on top of objects and then evade or teleport-oneshot you. And yeah today ring dropped for me ._. Demo and destro challenges are both joke.

There are videos of people doing it without the portal pants/sephuz/sacrolash at 908 ilvl. I personally didnt NEED the pants, but i played my p1 strat around them.
    The hardest part for me was getting a stable p1 aswell at 904 ilvl. As soon as that was done it took me 5 tries to notice the runes and get a feeling for hand dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonen View Post
    Not a knock or shot at the op, but I'm looking for a vid of someone doing it without one of either Sephuz, Sacro, or the pants. Otherwise, while it may not be 'impossible', we still remain a class spec with one of the most incomprehensibly difficult challenges.
    None of the legendaries mentioned above: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmIILnbGkRE

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonen View Post
    Nope, I don't think you can say certain legendaries are ok, and certain ones are not. Each one trivializes a specific aspect of the fight in some way. How you can say "good players in average gear", and then say specific legos that you may have used are appropriate, is beyond me. I don't consider any legendaries "average" gear.

I understand that it makes some people feel good about themselves to be able to call other players bad for not completing it, or not doing it the way 'they' did it, but I'm not going to say there should be only one or two ways to do it either.
    To satisfy your needs I'll do it with no legedaries or 4pc with 900 ish ilvl next time

Well, the video you linked, the infernal tank the boss all P1. i don't think, it is intended design. i think everyone can do it (even with 800ilvl) if infernal tank P1 lol !

Quote Originally Posted by nerocell View Post
    Well, the video you linked, the infernal tank the boss all P1. i don't think, it is intended design. i think everyone can do it (even with 800ilvl) if infernal tank P1 lol !
    I did the P1 infernal tank method at 877 with ease, so yeah...
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Quote Originally Posted by nerocell View Post
    P1 is the easy part. The fight doesn't actually start until P2.

Just wanted to drop my video of my kill, I'm ilvl900 with prydaz and wrists. I cheesed p1 but I could have done it legit if I really wanted to.

The audio for some reason doesn't kick in till the end so get ready for my celebratory swears.

Seems I can't post any links yet... If you really care to look at it, search my username on Twitch The_Merdok24, it should be in my highlights!

Ugh, ive tried i think over 50 times now making talent swaps and legendary. Dont have the frigging sacrolash yet and its been a friggin headache....something always goes wrong last second...

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    P1 is the easy part. The fight doesn't actually start until P2.
    P1 is by far the hardest part of the challenge without slow ring. With ring its really ez.

Deleted
    Its one of the dumbest encounters, but not the hardest one.

Demo is mechanically harder. This fight is merely a gear check if you're not gonna exploit terrain pathing or the infernal in P1. P1 is the worst phase. The other phases are about banishing the second set of hands before each transition so you can deal with that hand without Karam chasing you. Position pet to despawn runes properly. Use hero for last phase to burn karam down.

The fight is a free kill once you've killed off Karam. You better dump UA's on Karam whenever you can while he has low stacks to push phases, and keep 100% uptime on effigy and karam's dots.

If you don't have the ring, use bear tartare for the 70% sprint on add kill and frostweave nets plus macros to cast your Cripple and Mortal Coil without having to swap targets[ /cast [@boss1] (spell name)] . Save portal use for last phase kiting as well.

May the Hand of Doom spawn RNGsus be with you.

burning rush
    portal
    pet taunt?

Oh, shut up.

Shadow's dots hit infinitely harder than affliction's 3 non-UA dots combined, and UA takes up an RNG resource on top of having a cast time as well which means you can't duplicate your damage onto both hands and Karam unlike shadow whose dots duplicate just fine because shadow has no single target DOT spender.

What's more, shadow has mind blast and shadow word:death for hands, affliction has no burst whatsoever in a Wirthe in Agony build which is what you're using because you can't drain soul.

Shadow has a snare on mindflay. Affliction has to land at least 3 unstable afflictions, ramp up agony, siphon life, and corruption to kill a hand. That's way more casting than shadow's VT+MB+SW:P+SW, two of which are instant.

Shadow also has power infusion and void torrent for burst. Affliction has no DPS cooldown other than reap souls which is the artifact ability, because you need to take grimoire of supremacy just to have a snare and an interrupt. Shadow has an aoe stun or an aoe fear, and a baseline spell interrupt not dependent on a pet who may get one shot by spawning shadow fiend vortexes.

If I feel badly for any class in this challenge, it's balance druids who have the same 45 sec cd on a spell interrupt, a 30 sec cd on a snare and no ranged stun whatsoever. All their damage is cast time as well since their dots do fuck all damage without Starfall's empowerment which you can't even use because you need Starsurge for the hands of Doom.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2017-04-22 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    P1 is by far the hardest part of the challenge without slow ring. With ring its really ez.
    No it's not not considering your Infernal can tank.

Easy without sacrolash, did it in 5 tries

No it's not not considering your Infernal can tank.
    That's an exploit. Try P1 without said exploit and no ring. You'll be forced to use drums for P1.

Doing it the intended way (without infernal exploit) you need to pull some big deepz numbers for p1 with pure dot spec as you cant really afford to drain without slows or you will simply die. The runes/hands are almost an insult to any good player - way too easy. Getting Keram down in the other phases is much easier as he doesnt speed up so fast. Really thight dps check prenerf in p1.

I'd really like to see a warlock doing this challenge without portalpants/sephuz/sarcolash/nets and without using bugs like getting your infernal to tank him or using coil on Keram when he cast his spell. That would be a really skilled player.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    That's an exploit. Try P1 without said exploit and no ring. You'll be forced to use drums for P1.
    I have done p1 without Infernal tanking. The only thing that changes is it forces me into Writhe and Effigy. It's not any harder, and no I didn't need drums for p1. And prove that it's an exploit. Blizzard hasn't addressed it yet, which means it's not. It's a class challenge. Using all available methods that your class offers to beat an encounter is not an exploit. By your sound logic whenever my pet tanks a rare on the island that's an exploit.
    Last edited by muto; 2017-04-23 at 10:55 PM.

I have done p1 without Infernal tanking. The only thing that changes is it forces me into Writhe and Effigy. It's not any harder, and no I didn't need drums for p1. And prove that it's an exploit. Blizzard hasn't addressed it yet, which means it's not. It's a class challenge. Using all available methods that your class offers to beat an encounter is not an exploit. By your sound logic whenever my pet tanks a rare on the island that's an exploit.
    Don't stand inside him and put your pet in front of him and let the fight begin. Let's see if your pet grabs aggro when Karam doesn't hit you. I'm not going to engage into logical contortions as to how manipulating AI behavior and the fact that if your pet loses aggro to you at the beginning there's no taunting the boss back doesn't actually constitute an exploit.

Blizzard has taken weeks to fix several exploits before.

I'm also curious as to your item level and legendaries for doing P1 without infernal tanking sans drums.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2017-04-23 at 11:44 PM.

If tanking Karam in P1 is a bug then so is Cripple having a PvP duration, it even has normal duration in the Demo challenge.