Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    I'd really like to see a warlock doing this challenge without portalpants/sephuz/sarcolash/nets and without using bugs like getting your infernal to tank him or using coil on Keram when he cast his spell.
    Here you go :
    watch?v=33T98jdS1Bk

Obviously you need a lot of gear but Prydaz + cloak are not the best legendaries for this challenge.
    Got lucky at the end of phase one but I had a few other tries where i passed him before that, just a few more UAs and it's done.
    You don't need drums either but it would be a lot easier with them (only need to take one hit from Karam).

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    If tanking Karam in P1 is a bug then so is Cripple having a PvP duration, it even has normal duration in the Demo challenge.
    This is just wrong. If karam wasnt pvp you could fear spam him to death. It was clearly a deliberate choice to pvp flag him and several other challenge npcs, eg xylem

Quote Originally Posted by glickz View Post
    This is just wrong. If karam wasnt pvp you could fear spam him to death. It was clearly a deliberate choice to pvp flag him and several other challenge npcs, eg xylem
    You can't Fear Spam Sylgrin either because DR kicks in, however Cripple still has the full duration on the Jarl in that fight.

Isn't getting your pet to tank just an bug being exploited?

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    You can't Fear Spam Sylgrin either because DR kicks in, however Cripple still has the full duration on the Jarl in that fight.
    Yeah, I see no reason to keep Cripple at a 4 sec duration when frost mage can pretty much permanently slow, constantly root, and blink twice away from Karam while said blinks are on a tiny fraction of the 2 minute gateway debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Yeah, I see no reason to keep Cripple at a 4 sec duration when frost mage can pretty much permanently slow, constantly root, and blink twice away from Karam while said blinks are on a tiny fraction of the 2 minute gateway debuff.
    Exactly, our only slow is neutered.

I wish I could do this again now that I have the slow ring just to see how much easier it would have been.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I wish I could do this again now that I have the slow ring just to see how much easier it would have been.
    Do it on your frost mage and find out ;>. Perma 40% snare just from frostbolt.

Deleted
    If I feel badly for any class in this challenge, it's balance druids who have the same 45 sec cd on a spell interrupt, a 30 sec cd on a snare and no ranged stun whatsoever. All their damage is cast time as well since their dots do fuck all damage without Starfall's empowerment which you can't even use because you need Starsurge for the hands of Doom.
    I dunno man. The boomies I know just specced starfall and run circles while casting everything because they can.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Doing it the intended way (without infernal exploit) you need to pull some big deepz numbers for p1 with pure dot spec as you cant really afford to drain without slows or you will simply die. The runes/hands are almost an insult to any good player - way too easy. Getting Keram down in the other phases is much easier as he doesnt speed up so fast. Really thight dps check prenerf in p1.

I'd really like to see a warlock doing this challenge without portalpants/sephuz/sarcolash/nets and without using bugs like getting your infernal to tank him or using coil on Keram when he cast his spell. That would be a really skilled player.
    Yes, remove all the skillrequiring abilities for them equation to show who's really skilled. You're basically asking for a dot-turret warlock to facetank it. Because that would require skill rather than overgearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    I dunno man. The boomies I know just specced starfall and run circles while casting everything because they can.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, remove all the skillrequiring abilities for them equation to show who's really skilled. You're basically asking for a dot-turret warlock to facetank it. Because that would require skill rather than overgearing.
    Hmmmm, didn't think Stellar Drift radius would be THAT permissive.

Can you still interrupt the heal with death coil to gain two consecutive vulnerabilities on Raistlin?

Deleted
    Do it on your frost mage and find out ;>. Perma 40% snare just from frostbolt.
    Challenges aren't tuned the same way for each specs. I'm pretty sure Karam speeds increases faster for frost mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    For anyone who says we are a turret we have options. No one can say WiA is not mobile and it's actually how I completed the challenge. Not sure what is the most popular choice though. Of course lacking in a base slow makes this challenge a lot harder. I can safely say I could not have done it without the slow ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    Challenges aren't tuned the same way for each specs. I'm pretty sure Karam speeds increases faster for frost mages.
    Nope. Watch Venruki's challenge video on his frost mage or the moonkin ones. Same crap. If you think they tuned each challenge differently for 36 specs you're giving them too much credit.

Deleted
    Nope. Watch Venruki's challenge video on his frost mage or the moonkin ones. Same crap. If you think they tuned each challenge differently for 36 specs you're giving them too much credit.
    They did though. I dont know about the movespeed stacking faster or slower, but the mobs definitely have different hp depending on your spec and class.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    That's true. Hunters have the easiest time with the challenge and their adds have LESS hp than the warlock version of the quest.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So looks like Blizzard "fixed" cheezing the encounter. I tried it today and even if you interrupt Karam's pergatory(?) cast at the end of p1, he becomes unattackable.

Anyone else seeing this?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

So the Infernal tanking is, or is not, a "bug"? It tanked one attempt for me, then didn't tank the next despite manually clicking taunt. Just nothing happened. What would make this a bug? It's part of our toolkit, that we have a pet that can tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    So the Infernal tanking is, or is not, a "bug"? It tanked one attempt for me, then didn't tank the next despite manually clicking taunt. Just nothing happened. What would make this a bug? It's part of our toolkit, that we have a pet that can tank.
    Both you and the infernal must stand right in front of Karam, and you must spam pet attack button when he knocks you back and NOT use any spell that might steal aggro until the infernal establishes aggro. Then set up your effigy and dots on effigy, then kill him. Make sure your infernal has threatening presence toggled on.

I completed the challenge yesterday morning at ilvl 900, using legendary helm and pants. I used infernal to tank P1, then I mortal coiled the first purgatory and killed Raest before the first hand to spawn even finished its first cast once purgatory finally happened and finished, didnt even interrupt it, I also nnly had 1 rune spawn that I couldnt even get to so an add spawned, which i had to kite as well but not for very long

its possible to do it without the ring for sure, the "easiest" way is to cheese the fight but even "cheesing" the fight brings new forms of difficulty to it because there is no room for error when doing it