Thread: CQ and PS Gone?

CQ and PS Gone?

Saw the notes today about CQ and PS being "phased out." I haven't been paying a whole lot attention to Rift lately but this is a rather big announcement. Any reason been given as to why?

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5304443

Nicest way of saying it. PvP is in a dire state at the moment. I rarely ever had full groups so I imagine it's no better now. Blighted Antichamber which is a smaller player cap half the time was struggling to get a full team.

I'm guessing nobody was touching either of these two or they barely struggled to get full teams.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-05-05 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Nicest way of saying it. PvP is in a dire state at the moment. I rarely ever had full groups so I imagine it's no better now. Blighted Antichamber which is a smaller player cap half the time was struggling to get a full team.

I'm guessing nobody was touching either of these two or they barely struggled to get full teams.
    Seems like that's a true statement for the game as a whole. Was looking into if I wanted to pick up the expansion, guess I won't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Seems like that's a true statement for the game as a whole. Was looking into if I wanted to pick up the expansion, guess I won't be.
    Tbh even in the 5-10 player ones I was struggling to get 10.

Was Conquest ever really popular? Back when it first came out, all I ever heard was complaints that it needed to be done since BiS PvE gear came from there. Some people said it was fun at first, but got real old real fast. Most people would just wait to join at the end, get their points and get out. If I still played, I'd actually be glad it was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Was Conquest ever really popular? Back when it first came out, all I ever heard was complaints that it needed to be done since BiS PvE gear came from there. Some people said it was fun at first, but got real old real fast. Most people would just wait to join at the end, get their points and get out. If I still played, I'd actually be glad it was gone.
    I remember those people in trade chat calling timer, but still seemed like it was pretty popular. Hard to say without knowing regular team sizes. I know as the game started to decline the amount of people actually doing CQ got less and less until a guild group could just dominate CQ.

Sad to see Trion absolutely destroying Rift. Sad indeed. I remember launch with the tons and tonnnnns of people everywhere, loving the game for months. Good memories with this game. Sad to hear its bad state its in.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    Sad to see Trion absolutely destroying Rift. Sad indeed. I remember launch with the tons and tonnnnns of people everywhere, loving the game for months. Good memories with this game. Sad to hear its bad state its in.
    That's exactly it too. The company has been making poor decision after poor decision. They've been refusing to take fair criticism on their own forums, and they've been refusing to listen to the community members that disagree with them. There are a few of us still trying to get them to listen, and with some success. Ultimately though, there needs to be some hard decisions made and a change in direction for the game if there is to be any hope for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    I remember those people in trade chat calling timer, but still seemed like it was pretty popular. Hard to say without knowing regular team sizes. I know as the game started to decline the amount of people actually doing CQ got less and less until a guild group could just dominate CQ.
    Yeah, but when that was where you had to go to get BiS PvE trinkets, not to mention CQ Power, which meant you had to run CQ to keep your Power up or lose it and that gave an advantage in PvE as well, was it actually popular, or just the rewards. All I ever heard about it was complaints. Doing it just for the rewards and not liking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Yeah, but when that was where you had to go to get BiS PvE trinkets, not to mention CQ Power, which meant you had to run CQ to keep your Power up or lose it and that gave an advantage in PvE as well, was it actually popular, or just the rewards. All I ever heard about it was complaints. Doing it just for the rewards and not liking it.
    I'm thinking we should run some kind of poll about it. Me and my friends/guildies all loved it, especially Steppes since it was just one massive murderfest. I remember the hearts were another big reason people ran it. Though to be fair, the bait and switch problem is something that is rampant in all MMOs.

Deleted
    They should just have conquest as a level up pvp zone, scale it from lvl 1-64 (if max level is 65, but perhaps it is 70 now? Then scale to 69). It would make it possible to level through pvp, because from when I last tried, warfronts never really popped below max lvl. At least it would give some use to the place