Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Soooo.. im interested how will this combo play out:
    T19 4p (Your Holy Power generating abilities have a 20% chance to generate 1 additional Holy Power)
    T20 2p (Blade of Justice generates 1 additional Holy Power.)
    Soul of the Highlord (Retribution: Divine Purpose)
    !!!Crusade!!!
    Last edited by Gurg; 2017-05-17 at 03:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    this ring sucks ass for prot
    Well, it's good for those fights you have to spec into HS (Krosus, Augur, etc). Now you can do more dps there with BH while still having benefits from HS. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by AoinoMiku View Post
    Btw fun fact the ret effect might fuck up crusade cause if u get a couple of procs in the begining it fucks u
    U only gain stacks on crusade if u spend holy powers so unless they do something about it it might suck sometimes :\
    Iam not saying this is a fact but according to Crusade's description the procs shouldnt count.
    Thats a really important issue... Did you (or anyone) post on PTR forums for feedback?
    Blizzard might wanna change Crusade to match and not fuck us up totaly in the ass...
    Worst case, imma raid with a cancel aura makro for dp untill 15 atacks...

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    Holy Shield seems like a cool thing to have on some fights. At least interesting, how good it turns out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    Thats a really important issue... Did you (or anyone) post on PTR forums for feedback?
    Blizzard might wanna change Crusade to match and not fuck us up totaly in the ass...
    Worst case, imma raid with a cancel aura makro for dp untill 15 atacks...
    Divine Purpose counts as Holy Power. Already stated this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Now we need to have free Divine Storm procs on tier sets again too!

- - - Updated - - -

Doubtful. The completion of the Order Hall campaign was third relic slot, then the legionfall champion, and finally the class mount (once Broken Shore campaign is complete). Since they already said they weren't adding more to the campaign then it's very doubtful that'll be the case for it.
    well then
    why are all the things rings when legendaries are random
    why do all of them reference the order and the class hall in them
    why are the names based on the champions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

I don't think we'll use this with whispers, because you need the cloak slot for 4p+2p combination of t19/20. I don't even know how much % damage those are, but it's extremely unlikely that new ring + whispers + (2p/2p) or (4p) will be better than new ring + (liadrins fury or belt) + (4p/2p).

Holy shield for us? :/
    i mean yeh it will be a nice boost to our block and magical mitigation and etc, but another passive...meh.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the "topless tower"
    "Holy shock has chance to grant you an avenging wrath, lasts until canceled"
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/151782-the-topless-tower

wtf is this and what lasts until canceled - Avenging wrath?
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

So happy to see this for my paladin. I love DP but now that I have a CoF I've been fighting the urge to swap to Crusade - yes it's better but I'm a filthy casual, I do what I want!

This way I get the best of both worlds and unless they nerf CoF really hard any class with a short large damage CD will be using it until probably Argus.

So that'll be a gigantic boost every minute or so.

Happy times.

Quote Originally Posted by stolker View Post
    I don't think we'll use this with whispers, because you need the cloak slot for 4p+2p combination of t19/20. I don't even know how much % damage those are, but it's extremely unlikely that new ring + whispers + (2p/2p) or (4p) will be better than new ring + (liadrins fury or belt) + (4p/2p).
    Recent nerfs to base damage of Divine Hammer and T20 4p would suggest that DP Ring + Whisper + 2p T19 and T20. The bulk of your damage will be TV and DS, funny thing is despite that, Divine Hammer would still be better than BoJ if you are unable to use at least 2 BoJ during 1 Divine Hammer CD which is VERY frequent when specced into Divine Purpose. Were it prenerf 4p T20 then BoJ edges off at ST, but with the double nerf it is quite hard to determine.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    this ring sucks ass for prot
    What would you rather it have been? Having a 15% block chance coupled with it being able to block spells is nice. Are there better options? Possibly, but it's not like it's completely bad.

What would you rather it have been? Having a 15% block chance coupled with it being able to block spells is nice. Are there better options? Possibly, but it's not like it's completely bad.
    While it is okeysh, i would not equip ring and get rid of belt (on demand superhealer-tank) or helm (two healing cd's +decreased cd), tyleca / sephuz for damage / haste in dungeons...
    unless it does not count towards 2 legendary i don't see myself using it.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post
    Recent nerfs to base damage of Divine Hammer and T20 4p would suggest that DP Ring + Whisper + 2p T19 and T20. The bulk of your damage will be TV and DS, funny thing is despite that, Divine Hammer would still be better than BoJ if you are unable to use at least 2 BoJ during 1 Divine Hammer CD which is VERY frequent when specced into Divine Purpose. Were it prenerf 4p T20 then BoJ edges off at ST, but with the double nerf it is quite hard to determine.
    Divine Hammer won't compete with BoJ in single target ever in 7.2.5, even if you're using DP ring, because BoJ means more TVs = more DP proc chances = more TVs. What's really on the table is Fires of Justice and how useful that will actually be compared to Zeal if our rotation ends up being a lot more BoJ and TV. We might be sitting on 2 charges of Crusader Strike more often. Whether it's enough for Zeal to edge out Fires, I don't know yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moltentank19 View Post
    Why aren't all legendaries like this... One item that changes depending what spec you are...
    Yup, I've always wanted this as well! Maybe they're trialing the idea out for the next expansion

People are really underestimating how strong Holy Shield is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Divine Hammer won't compete with BoJ in single target ever in 7.2.5, even if you're using DP ring, because BoJ means more TVs = more DP proc chances = more TVs. What's really on the table is Fires of Justice and how useful that will actually be compared to Zeal if our rotation ends up being a lot more BoJ and TV. We might be sitting on 2 charges of Crusader Strike more often. Whether it's enough for Zeal to edge out Fires, I don't know yet.
    Nope go play BoJ with DP right now with 31% haste. Then play Crusade with BoJ. Compare how often the procs are.

You will get ALOT of over procs because when DP and BoJ procs you always use DP procs first in addition to Crusade haste with bloodlust. Your rotation will be VERY cluttered that there is NO way you will able to deal with all the procs besides you will never BoJ twice in a row due to HP overcap.

Imagine this scenario:

BoJ > Judge > TV > BoJ.Proc + DP.Proc > BoJ > TV > TV > BoJ.Proc + Judge.Drop + DP. Proc > Judge > BoJ > BoJ.Proc > TV > TV > DP.Proc > BoJ > TV > Judge.Drop

That doesn't even factor in WoA in the rotation yet.

You will lose most of your procs from Judgement drops, or double procs. It is still very tight even if you have bad procs with DP. But this is just my personal observation and deduction. It might play out better and I doforesee Crusader strike being nearly pushed out of the rotation or at least favor Zeal. (Then again it might risk stack dropping too)

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post
    Nope go play BoJ with DP right now with 31% haste. Then play Crusade with BoJ. Compare how often the procs are.

You will get ALOT of over procs because when DP and BoJ procs you always use DP procs first in addition to Crusade haste with bloodlust. Your rotation will be VERY cluttered that there is NO way you will able to deal with all the procs besides you will never BoJ twice in a row due to HP overcap.

Imagine this scenario:

BoJ > Judge > TV > BoJ.Proc + DP.Proc > BoJ > TV > TV > BoJ.Proc + Judge.Drop + DP. Proc > Judge > BoJ > BoJ.Proc > TV > TV > DP.Proc > BoJ > TV > Judge.Drop

That doesn't even factor in WoA in the rotation yet.
    Cluttered is fine lol. Good procs = better dps regardless of how cluttered it feels. BoJ and TV are the two hardest hitters besides WoA. If you're just using Judgment, BoJ and TV, that's actually really good.

Now that I think about it, though, I may have to consider Greater Judgment because Fires of Justice and Zeal might be less of a dps increase... we'll have to see I guess. Zeal we won't have to worry about stacks because stacks are for multiple targets, not single ones, so we'd be using Divine Hammer anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Upon seeing this ring I felt like...

Quote Originally Posted by Wutangrza View Post
    It's interesting because DP has some nice synergy with the cloak, but the belt is quite a bit better than the cloak, so you're probably right there.
    The reason i said we will still be using belt is because we would be aiming for 2pc t19 and 4pc t20 when Tomb is released until we get high titanforged t20 off pieces.

Deleted
    it's bad, if the stats on it dont get masively buffed you wont use that shit ever, Rp would have been much better

Deleted
    I was always hoping for DP to become baseline and in return to get a new interesting talent instead..

Well they kind of did it now by using a legendary, which would be great for RETs anyway. So going belt and ring will be the way to go now I believe