Thread: Destiny 2

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Destiny 2

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-to-Battle-net

Do you think there will be heroes from new universe?

No lol, this isn't a Blizzard game, they're just using the social aspects of Battle.net for the PC version of Destiny.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    This would be really interesting, since they are the same company group, there shouldnt be any copyright problems.

It's highly doubtful that we'll see Destiny heroes show up in this game. While both games belong to the overarching umbrella of Activision, Blizzard and Bungie are still seperate from each other.

I could see a skin of an existing hero that's Destiny-ish, but I don't expect to see actual crossover.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Can't wait to see characters from Mortal Kombat and Smash Bros in the HoTS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever, why?

Same drama was happend with Overwatch heroes, and now people play them in HOTS. If Destiny heroes might appear in HOTS, people might rant for while and stop it as allways.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skorpio View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-to-Battle-net

Do you think there will be heroes from new universe?
    Yes, they said they would eventually bring in non-Blizzard IP into heroes of the storm.

With Destiny coming exclusively to the Blizzard App this seems like the first real opportunity for them to consider it.

We think that we will be bringing in more Blizzard IP. We will go to Warcraft, Diablo, and Starcraft, but also to Nexus realms, which have nothing to do with Blizzard IP.
    https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...h-kaeo-milker/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Whatever, why?

Same drama was happend with Overwatch heroes, and now people play them in HOTS. If Destiny heroes might appear in HOTS, people might rant for while and stop it as allways.
    Overwatch is a Blizzard IP. Destiny is not.

Blizzard won't be doing ANYTHING with Destiny 2 except hosting it on Battle.net. Just think of it like two different devs with titles on Steam.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Overwatch is a Blizzard IP. Destiny is not.

Blizzard won't be doing ANYTHING with Destiny 2 except hosting it on Battle.net. Just think of it like two different devs with titles on Steam.
    To be fair, a week ago if someone had claimed Destiny 2 would be on Battle.net we'd all be calling them crazy.

The only reason Destiny 2 is coming to Battle.net is because of profit. Blizzard get to host one of the most hyped games on their social platform. You do realize that this is huge for Blizzard right? It's so much free marketing for Blizzards games that i don't even know where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    The only reason Destiny 2 is coming to Battle.net is because of profit. Blizzard get to host one of the most hyped games on their social platform. You do realize that this is huge for Blizzard right? It's so much free marketing for Blizzards games that i don't even know where to start.
    Its huge, but, if the game flops, its probably gonna hurt them more than WoD ever did

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Its huge, but, if the game flops, its probably gonna hurt them more than WoD ever did
    Game flops > Oh hey whats this shooter thing? Overwatch? Might try it.

Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    Game flops > Oh hey whats this shooter thing? Overwatch? Might try it.
    Exactly this. It's a win-win scenario: get the Blizzard "gotta play them all" fans to try Destiny 2, and get the Destiny fans to try Overwatch.

This is why I don't think they'll put a lot of games like this on the launcher (maybe 1 a year, at most). If you overload it, you lose the "gotta play them all" synergy that's makes Blizz a ton of cash.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It's highly doubtful that we'll see Destiny heroes show up in this game. While both games belong to the overarching umbrella of Activision, Blizzard and Bungie are still seperate from each other.
    I wouldn't mind seeing Zavala though.

But yeah, I doubt it.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    Yes, they said they would eventually bring in non-Blizzard IP into heroes of the storm.

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...h-kaeo-milker/
    I think you(and Icy Veins) are reading WAY too much into it. That said they might eventually bring in "Nexus Universe" characters into HotS. Nexus Universes are stuff like Luxoria(where Sky Temple and Spider Queen is located, and the home of several alt versions of heroes like Desert Queen Zagara and Flying Monkey Brightwing), Raven's Court(the location of Haunted Mines, Towers of Doom, and Cursed Hollow, and the home of alt universe heroes such as Vampire Hunter Valla and Countess Kerrigan), the Kaiju universe(no maps played here yet, but home to Kaijo Diablo, Mecha Tassadar, and Cyber-Arak), etc, stuff that is already referenced in skins and map settings. He simply said they may bring in entirely new characters from universes like that, ones that aren't drawn from existing games but are still original Blizzard creations. The exact quote:

"Also, right now the Nexus is this transdimensional storm that is basically allowing all those Blizzard universes to collide. We think that we will be bringing in more Blizzard IP. We will go to Warcraft, Diablo, and Starcraft, but also to Nexus realms, which have nothing to do with Blizzard IP"

Nexus realms are the settings for the maps, the settings of "alt universe" skins like the Kaiju stuff, that kinda thing, settings that aren't related to WoW, SC, or Diablo, but exist in the Nexus. That doesn't mean they're bringing in stuff from other companies, just that they're considering bringing in original heroes from universes set in the Nexus that aren't from other established Blizzard universes with their own games.
    Last edited by Stormcall; 2017-05-19 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    I could see a skin of an existing hero that's Destiny-ish, but I don't expect to see actual crossover.
    McCree Cade skin

10+ Year Old Account
    If Destiny heroes will appear in HOTS, i could easily suppect that COD ones will apear as well with Cpt Price, Soap Mac Tavish and rest of crew. xD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I think you(and Icy Veins) are reading WAY too much into it. That said they might eventually bring in "Nexus Universe" characters into HotS. Nexus Universes are stuff like Luxoria(where Sky Temple and Spider Queen is located, and the home of several alt versions of heroes like Desert Queen Zagara and Flying Monkey Brightwing), Raven's Court(the location of Haunted Mines, Towers of Doom, and Cursed Hollow, and the home of alt universe heroes such as Vampire Hunter Valla and Countess Kerrigan), the Kaiju universe(no maps played here yet, but home to Kaijo Diablo, Mecha Tassadar, and Cyber-Arak), etc, stuff that is already referenced in skins and map settings. He simply said they may bring in entirely new characters from universes like that, ones that aren't drawn from existing games but are still original Blizzard creations. The exact quote:

"Also, right now the Nexus is this transdimensional storm that is basically allowing all those Blizzard universes to collide. We think that we will be bringing in more Blizzard IP. We will go to Warcraft, Diablo, and Starcraft, but also to Nexus realms, which have nothing to do with Blizzard IP"

Nexus realms are the settings for the maps, the settings of "alt universe" skins like the Kaiju stuff, that kinda thing, settings that aren't related to WoW, SC, or Diablo, but exist in the Nexus. That doesn't mean they're bringing in stuff from other companies, just that they're considering bringing in original heroes from universes set in the Nexus that aren't from other established Blizzard universes with their own games.
    Nexus realms are what they call the individual Universes in Heroes.

The entire sentence segment after what you put in bold is what stands out the most.

All the Nexuses that you listed are strictly Blizzard IP.

Not saying they will, but it looks like it could easily be headed that way. Destiny 2 will be an exclusive bnet game. Most likely, if they ever take non-Blizzard IP and use it, it will be something from Activision. Most Activision games are on steam. Would we even want non-theme fitting characters like COD, in Heroes?

Destiny fits the overall theme and has several iconic characters. Once again, not saying they will, but if they were ever actually serious about that statement, this would probably be the first game they'd crossover.
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2017-05-19 at 03:06 PM.

On one hand I'd say it'd only happen if the Blizzard fanboys react overwhelmingly positive to Destiny, if Blizzard finds that their usual crowd stays away from it and sticks to the traditional titles, probably not. On the other hand, releasing a Destiny character as a hero in HotS could draw in the Destiny players, so they might go for it either way. If the latter is the case, they might end up havng to put out a few fires though. Considering some amount of HotS players don't even react positively to OW heroes, which is an actual Blizzard IP.