Thread: ED question

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by foibooze View Post
    I don't blame you for having fun, but you can't in all honesty say trilliax Sunfire cleave for ShS proccs is acceptable (unless you ofc play aoebuild as you do - still not better APgen than BotA) :P You'd still get less AP than from BotA unless you're actually TRYING to move all the time.
    Oh I never said to intentionally use the AoE build for Trilliax, and I sure as shit am not going to say it's better or stronger than the 'correct' build to use, just if you're like me and don't want to bother swapping for fights you've had on farm for awhile now (or simply don't bother swapping), you simply can do that.

Also SD helps tremendously on the laser part, better than spamming Moonfire, that's for sure, plus I'm on bitch duty on that fight anyway so I am moving a lot and ED/BOTA isn't as ideal since I have to move a ton, but that's beside the point because I could easily tell them "hey I'm playing turret right now, someone else needs to".

Quote Originally Posted by Reiziger View Post
    Don't worry man, it happens to the best of us. Sometimes the little head just won't listen and the best thing to do is just make sure the girl has a good time despite your ED
    10/10 well done kappa *thumbsup*

- - - Updated - - -

NOTE: With the recent 7.2.5 PTR build, if the ED change goes live, pretty much everything said in this thread will be invalidated.

The new change is 5 AsP reduction (nerf) in a 5s window (buff).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    NOTE: With the recent 7.2.5 PTR build, if the ED change goes live, pretty much everything said in this thread will be invalidated.

The new change is 5 AsP reduction (nerf) in a 5s window (buff).
    I uh.. not sure that boomkin really needed a nerf to their one decently strong ST throughput legendary?
    It'd be easier to maintain atleast, so that's nice I suppose.

How many? I don't know, because I'm just some scrub who doesn't use ED nor care about numbers. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I never said or implied you were a scrub, if you want to play a sub optimal build because you think it's more fun that's up to you, I don't give a shit what you do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    I uh.. not sure that boomkin really needed a nerf to their one decently strong ST throughput legendary?
    It'd be easier to maintain atleast, so that's nice I suppose.
    It's not really a nerf, it's a quality of life change, it's maybe a extremely tiny nerf that makes the helm easier to manage and better for use with movement.

Testing will be on going.

Does this make it to where we would just be able to do

SW>LS>SS>SW>LS ---- following that pattern.

Wouldn't that just give us lower cost Starsurges with a much simpler rotation? or it seems that way at least (obviously not accounting for moonmoons)

Quote Originally Posted by Nijurez View Post
    Does this make it to where we would just be able to do

SW>LS>SS>SW>LS ---- following that pattern.

Wouldn't that just give us lower cost Starsurges with a much simpler rotation? or it seems that way at least (obviously not accounting for moonmoons)
    No because that's only 25 AsP per 30 AsP SS. You'd be something more along the lines of LS+SWx2 (1 of them unempowered) > SS. This gives you 35 AsP for every 30 AsP SS you cast, so every 6 cycles of this, you can cast an extra SS (perfect for those bits where you need to move), and since our AsP cap is going up to 130 (with 2P T20), you can bank quite a few extra SSs.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

No because that's only 25 AsP per 30 AsP SS. You'd be something more along the lines of LS+SWx2 (1 of them unempowered) > SS. This gives you 35 AsP for every 30 AsP SS you cast, so every 6 cycles of this, you can cast an extra SS (perfect for those bits where you need to move), and since our AsP cap is going up to 130 (with 2P T20), you can bank quite a few extra SSs.
    DERP! lol, I didn't even math it out. Yeah that makes sense. Seems like that would make it play a lot less punishing.

DERP! lol, I didn't even math it out. Yeah that makes sense. Seems like that would make it play a lot less punishing.
    To be fair I don't know the Haste required for 3 casts but Solar Wrath is already stupidly fast even without Empowerment. I'm pretty sure you could get away with 30% and have a decent window remaining (like 0.5s instead of < 0.1 like we do with live ED), plus the extra AsP gain you get gives so much room for error with movement. You can spam Moonfire/Sunfire during movement and pop the freebie Starsurge(s) you have just to keep the buff moving.

To be fair I don't know the Haste required for 3 casts but Solar Wrath is already stupidly fast even without Empowerment. I'm pretty sure you could get away with 30% and have a decent window remaining (like 0.5s instead of < 0.1 like we do with live ED), plus the extra AsP gain you get gives so much room for error with movement. You can spam Moonfire/Sunfire during movement and pop the freebie Starsurge(s) you have just to keep the buff moving.
    Speaking of haste and 3 casts of solar wrath, this might be a little off topic, but we have so much haste with whispers/metronome/mark of the claw (i switched to soldier) I know they even moved GCD to 0.75 (or i heard they did) I always heard cutting GCD was a dps loss should we look to go for more mastery instead of haste (this is looking at without ED)

the <.1 on live is what is keeping from playing or enjoying ED. The change might push me to use it. Blizzard doing something right?! whatttt?

Speaking of haste and 3 casts of solar wrath, this might be a little off topic, but we have so much haste with whispers/metronome/mark of the claw (i switched to soldier) I know they even moved GCD to 0.75 (or i heard they did) I always heard cutting GCD was a dps loss should we look to go for more mastery instead of haste (this is looking at without ED)
    Well keep in mind that you're not gonna have all that Haste forever. Sure, we might be getting a perfect-for-ED trinket (on-use Haste ramp-up when you stand still), but the random-yet-consistent procs of Metronome will be gone soon.

If you want right when 7.2.5 drops, you could probs swap a bit to Mastery, but just wait for the math. There might be some really nice stuff we can do with the 5s window that isn't quite ready for sims. We don't yet know what's optimal.

That said, you probably won't do 3 Solars because that's a huge loss of Empowerments (all Lunar; literally 50% of Empowerments wasted) and you're not gaining any AsP, which could be used in times of long movement to keep ED up.

Quote Originally Posted by Apokavkos View Post
    the <.1 on live is what is keeping from playing or enjoying ED. The change might push me to use it. Blizzard doing something right?! whatttt?
    I've tried it with 30.5-31% Haste and I still kept losing it due to Shitcast's unstable connection. A droplet of lag would cause an ED loss. I might actually be inclined to use ED, given if I actually go ST talents for once.

Although 30% is what is needed to keep up 2x SW I found that 33% is best due to latency for me.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    Although 30% is what is needed to keep up 2x SW I found that 33% is best due to latency for me.
    This is primarily why it's being changed next patch. Unless you somehow have an amazing connection that's 100% stable, you're going to be fucked from time to time. This includes pretty much anyone living in a suburban or rural area since AT&T and Comcrap likes to fuck all of us.

Regardless, the new version will be much more connection-friendly, unless you lag for seconds at a time.

Well tbh with lag like that you'll be behind anyone, anytime, anywhere. No matter what your legendaries do for you. You will still want to maximize your window of casts, no matter how long or short the buff is.

But then again, atleast it won't be a dpsLOSS to use it with some lag..