Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Most Durable DPS?

Easy question hopefully, which is the DPS that is most self sufficient?

I play blood dk currently and while it's definitely durable i don't exactly feel like i contribute much through damage and i imagine all the tanks would be similar

BM Hunter and Havoc DH I believe.

Deleted
    I can't speak for other classes, but Havoc DH is extremely self sufficient and durable.

Apart from Blur's dodge and damage reduction, we have excessive lifesteal through Metamorphosis and healing with Soul Fragments.
    The Demonic build also allows us to continuously enter Metamorphosis for a few seconds and the CD reduction from the Soul Fragments constantly allows us to enter again.

Only stuns can lock a Havoc down, because they rely on Leech for survivability, but otherwise it's a monster with a lot of mobility, Dodge and Leech.

I allways end up with BM hunter. A good, reliable DPS on both single target and AOE, and ofc a man sized toolbox.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is it in a raid setting or more from a solo perspective? Mages are really nice for raiding because of the iceblock immunity but they aren't as good as some classes for soloing content.

For raids you want something that can either do some strong (burst) self healing or strong defensive's like ice-block. In-vulnerabilities aren't as good for soloing content but self healing becomes more important.

EDIT:

I always feel pretty durable as a ww monk in pvp with a very strong 1.5 min def cd and some strong burst. Now this was mostly as of 7.1 since I haven't played much since.
    Last edited by Rascal Bob; 2017-05-19 at 10:28 AM.

Deleted
    If by durable u mean DPS that is hard to kill and usually dies last, u want rogue or ret - with ret being most durable in legion.

For ret its mainly auto-bubble whenever your get kill shot - its upgraded version of rogue cheat death, lasting 8secs. Also u get retribution passive, 30% dmg reduction
    whenever someone dies. In reality, if there is high dmg and someone dies, u will almost for sure die last having reduction all time.

Also ret got talented 30% phisical reduction on 1min CD and 1-2mln absorb shield on demand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    BM Hunter and Havoc DH I believe.
    BM I can agree with, they just send in 9000 pets and hide behind a pillar
    Havoc DH can be easily countered imo. They are just a giant dps cooldown.

Fury Warrior seems very durable right now. Surviving well in both arena and BG's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rascal Bob View Post
    Is it in a raid setting or more from a solo perspective?
    For PvP I guess, cause it's in the PvP section.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    For PvP I guess, cause it's in the PvP section.
    I blame not seeing that on a rough night with not a lot of sleep.

Arms warrior hands down. Just sit in defensive stance and take 40% less damage for the entire match while you lock the casters out of doing anything at all. There is no way for any non-mage caster to keep a warrior off them and continue to do damage. To stop casts, warriors can rotate through:

Storm bolt
    Pummel
    Intimidating shout
    Spell reflect
    Charge

You can slow melee and leap away if you need to kite their offensive cooldowns.

for pvp? is there an answer other than ret? easily see them doing 100m damage 45m healing, so ye healing for 45% of the damage you deal on average.

spriest/affliction lock also do a lot of self healing, but melee can really fuck them up where as ret can hold their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawik View Post
    If by durable u mean DPS that is hard to kill and usually dies last, u want rogue or ret - with ret being most durable in legion.

For ret its mainly auto-bubble whenever your get kill shot - its upgraded version of rogue cheat death, lasting 8secs. Also u get retribution passive, 30% dmg reduction
    whenever someone dies. In reality, if there is high dmg and someone dies, u will almost for sure die last having reduction all time.

Also ret got talented 30% phisical reduction on 1min CD and 1-2mln absorb shield on demand.
    There is areason why ret is the kill target numberone, because all the defensives you just listed are horrible shield of vengaence is a 400-500k absorb with templates thats like 1-2 hits, to be short....ret is dead after bubble because our selfhealing is non existant in legion.
    Last edited by Lorianus; 2017-05-20 at 08:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you use your mobility properly, WW monks are the gods of surviving and have decent burst every 1.5 to 1.3 minutes (depending on artifact).

But if you just want to be braindead and ME SMASH the enemy, go frost or unholy dk, good at surviving and killing.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2017-05-20 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkie View Post
    Easy question hopefully, which is the DPS that is most self sufficient?

I play blood dk currently and while it's definitely durable i don't exactly feel like i contribute much through damage and i imagine all the tanks would be similar
    Tell us which field of pvp you are asking about because different specs are estimated differently for each field.

But self sufficient =/= most durable , so make up your mind on which one you are actually aiming for.

In terms of raw tankiness and survival I'd say arms warrior and uh DK.

15+ Year Old Account
    Affliction is very tough with Drain soul pvp talent and Siphon life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    for pvp? is there an answer other than ret? easily see them doing 100m damage 45m healing, so ye healing for 45% of the damage you deal on average.

spriest/affliction lock also do a lot of self healing, but melee can really fuck them up where as ret can hold their own.
    Not really, Ret has no sustain, and in combat, Hard casting Flash of light that heals for 200k just wont do it. Shield of vengeance only absorbs for like 500k, wich can be taken down in a single hit anyway, bubble is just a glorified Ice block, since you have to stop and heal anyway, wich means you're sorta out of the game for a little while, or your opponent can just dispell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Not really, Ret has no sustain, and in combat, Hard casting Flash of light that heals for 200k just wont do it. Shield of vengeance only absorbs for like 500k, wich can be taken down in a single hit anyway, bubble is just a glorified Ice block, since you have to stop and heal anyway, wich means you're sorta out of the game for a little while, or your opponent can just dispell it.
    ok well you tell that to the ret paladins doing that in bg's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    ok well you tell that to the ret paladins doing that in bg's.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=199428/luminescence

This is why Ret do a lot of healing in Battlegrounds.

It doesn't really help with sustainability tho

Deleted
    affliction lock....

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure affliction takes the win in the self healing competition.