Convergence question - Havoc

Hi guys,

I'm slightly confused why convergence is now our BiS? from my understanding prior to 7.2 it was trash unless you had delusions of grandeur,

I have these shoulders, I also have all three relics set for Meta CD, as well as full points in the trait for meta cd. Without Convergence, I'm usually between 5-10 seconds off a full 2 minute CD.

I replaced Convergence with KJ fury, but sims are still saying I should use Convergence instead of fury or my other trinket?

It's not our BIS at all, and never was^^

It's just decent if you have shoulders, and you even don't need that trinket to do a proper 2 min meta

Quote Originally Posted by Enentari View Post
    It's not our BIS at all, and never was^^

It's just decent if you have shoulders, and you even don't need that trinket to do a proper 2 min meta
    It's coming up on askmrrobot as the BiS, but yea that I noticed Im more or less at 2 mins now so I was just checking I didn't need it depsite what its saying

Convergence is about -45 sec off Meta CD, With 3 Meta relics and the shoulders you won't need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    It's coming up on askmrrobot as the BiS, but yea that I noticed Im more or less at 2 mins now so I was just checking I didn't need it depsite what its saying
    ask mr robot is trash. stop using it

Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    ask mr robot is trash. stop using it
    Until you do the sim it takes to do to get actual useful stat and trinket weights. Then it is ok.

What about without the shoulder?

I have 3 meta relics(i actualy just used higher ilvl and it ended up like this) and with CoF meta is 2 min 20-30 seconds. So i delay CB for that time and line them up.

It does give me at least one more meta in almost all boss fights

But it costs 3 relics and a tinket and it adds 20-30 to cd of Chaos Blades. Is it worth it or should I replace these trinket and relics?

Quote Originally Posted by Occar View Post
    Until you do the sim it takes to do to get actual useful stat and trinket weights. Then it is ok.
    Which you can't do because of how AMR models trinkets.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

The trinket weights become sane after you run that long sim.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm slightly confused why convergence is now our BiS? from my understanding prior to 7.2 it was trash unless you had delusions of grandeur,

I have these shoulders, I also have all three relics set for Meta CD, as well as full points in the trait for meta cd. Without Convergence, I'm usually between 5-10 seconds off a full 2 minute CD.

I replaced Convergence with KJ fury, but sims are still saying I should use Convergence instead of fury or my other trinket?
    The answer is people here are worried about the farm parses and not progression. Which in reality matters more, progression or farm? CoF can in most progression situations offer more situational survival and increased dps simply because the fights are longer. Beyond that w/ new leggo's incoming I'd say dont listen to anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    The answer is people here are worried about the farm parses and not progression. Which in reality matters more, progression or farm? CoF can in most progression situations offer more situational survival and increased dps simply because the fights are longer. Beyond that w/ new leggo's incoming I'd say dont listen to anything yet.
    No. Regardless of farm vs progression, CoF is a waste of a trinket slot.

edit: CoF should really work on eyebeam or something else. potentially blade dance, but that would likely be too strong.
    Last edited by Occar; 2017-05-20 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Which you can't do because of how AMR models trinkets.
    Did you mean that doesn't work with simc weights bc weights don't include trinkets?

OP: When you run a gearing strategy on AMR, you get stat weights AND we sim every item with a proc (trinkets, relics, legendaries). Then we bundle that simulation data with the stat weights so trinkets gets ranked from sim data. Since half of your gear has a proc these days, this is really the best method since stat weights can't rank procs.

Here's a guide on how to run a custom setup that is tailored 100% to you: http://i.imgur.com/wBitmQb.jpg

As for Convergence of Fates, it's actually quite dependent on the length of the fight. When you setup a custom sim, make sure you enter a fight duration that's around your typical kill time (for the boss you want to really gear for).

If you want me to run a custom setup for you, give me your character name and realm and I can do that. Here's a blog post about different ways to pick the best gear that might help put some of this into perspective as well.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

^^^ listen to this guy. The site isn't clear that its suggestions are near worthless (at least for DH) without the sim having been run first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyCoding View Post
    What about without the shoulder?

I have 3 meta relics(i actualy just used higher ilvl and it ended up like this) and with CoF meta is 2 min 20-30 seconds. So i delay CB for that time and line them up.

It does give me at least one more meta in almost all boss fights

But it costs 3 relics and a tinket and it adds 20-30 to cd of Chaos Blades. Is it worth it or should I replace these trinket and relics?
    The problem is that for high-end gear, trading one Critical Chaos relic for a Meta reduction one costs you upwards of 60k DPS - per relic!

I did not have the belt or Wrists, so when I got the shoulders as my 7th legendary, I replaced one of my 3 CC relics with itemlevel 895 for a 905 Meta reduction one, which put my meta on 2:05-2:15 minutes depending on uptime on the boss. That improved my DPS by only 10k DPS.

So I highly doubt that it is worth going for ~2 minute metas when you have to wear CoF (which loses about 40-50k DPS due t not having stats/a proc on it) and multiple Meta relics.

Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    The problem is that for high-end gear, trading one Critical Chaos relic for a Meta reduction one costs you upwards of 60k DPS - per relic!

I did not have the belt or Wrists, so when I got the shoulders as my 7th legendary, I replaced one of my 3 CC relics with itemlevel 895 for a 905 Meta reduction one, which put my meta on 2:05-2:15 minutes depending on uptime on the boss. That improved my DPS by only 10k DPS.

So I highly doubt that it is worth going for ~2 minute metas when you have to wear CoF (which loses about 40-50k DPS due t not having stats/a proc on it) and multiple Meta relics.
    Ok then I am gonna keep replacing relics with higher ilvls prioritizing Critical Chaos ones. After I drop 1 or 2 meta relics I wil also drop CoF.
    I didin't like increasing CD of Chaos Blades anyway.