Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I think the price is far too high for the MSQ skip potions. Then again, I do also think it should be included as a free of charge option for anyone who wants to play the game right off the bat too. Having to pay extra to opt out of developer concietedness isn't something I can support.

If a player has skipped the story and not bothered to catch up from either an Inn room or a Wiki then it's a pretty safe bet they either an alt, or they don't care about the story at all. Anyone who IS interested in the story is either going to play through it or catch up on it from the Inn.

Even raising it as an issue just shows how completely out of touch FF fans are with people who don't enjoy the game story. It was never going to be a significant issue. It never will be a significant issue. You're making mountains out of molehills.

Absolutely. Everyone starts off as a new player in dungeons, complete with all the embarassing deaths and being terrible that comes with it. Most people don't stay new for very long and quickly get the hang of both their class and the content they're doing. People just love to gloss over the times they failed the mechanics the first few times they did a dungeon and pretend they started out as experts.

At best it's a great opportunity for veteran players to give something back to the community they're so passionate about. At worst these new players are going to be learning the new dungeons at the same time as everybody else and no one will know the difference.
    I get where you're coming from, in a way. But to me it's them charging for time saved not playing the game. I think the price is fine. It's not so low that people will just do it on a whim, and it's not so high as to be completely unreasonable so only those who really want to do it will pay the money.

Also, I'll admit I don't believe it will be a problem with people paying and then asking for a TLR because as you say the folks who truly don't care won't care enough about it to ask but...c'mon you seriously think NOBODY will EVER do it? I applaud your faith in humanity.

I also agree with your last point. People are terrible now after they've played it without skipping, and everyone was new once. I doubt these items will have any measurable impact on the overall dungeon/ raid experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I agree with you on healing, there shouldn't be a "rotation" but the video didn't really seem to show that there was one. FFXIV healing is less frenzied than in other games when the group performs well and the tank uses proper cooldowns and stuff so there's much more room to add some additional flavor to healing than in other games IMO. You can see it in low level dungeons when the healer and tank are sync'd or in high level dungeons when the group is geared, when all the healer does is heal, they don't really do much. Scholars especially can just put their fairy on auto and practically AFK their way through the dungeon. In situations like this, having the ability or requirement for the the healer to do more than just hit the heal button IMO would make them more engaging, because yes...in those situations JUST healing is boring.
    That's because the content is ridiculously undertuned in regards to healing. Yeah back in ARR I'd agree that it was deliberate design but HW stepped it up to the point that I spend ~80% of my time in non ex/savage content by throwing stones.

I like doing heal-dps esp with the risk attached to go into cleric etc, but ultimately I play a healer because I like healing. Sucks when there's barely anything to heal.

Automatic Replacement of Upgraded Spells
    Ex > Stone 1 > Stone 2 > Stone III > Stone IV
    Will automatically update as you level and when you level sync
    Only 1 slot.
    Thunder 1 and Thunder 3 are together.
    Thunder 2 and 4 are together (AoE Thunder).
    Ruin upgraded similarly

FINALLY ! that's what I'm talking about. This was the dumbest thing in FFXIV.

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Cleric Stance will change to accommodate. It now buffs 5% damage for 15s. Basically a DPS cooldown. Also worth noting, it doesn’t reduce healing potency.
    Umm ... okaay.
    Automatic Replacement of Upgraded Spells
    Ex > Stone 1 > Stone 2 > Stone III > Stone IV
    Will automatically update as you level and when you level sync
    Only 1 slot.
    F***, yes. Finally. No more spell juggling when I get scaled down.

Deleted
    Even with these changes I bet you shit healers still wont dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    They won't because they don't see it as their role and probably, due to the absence of parsing, are under the impression that they can't contribute meaningfully.

I myself had that belief for quite a while until some people here explained stuff to me and encouraged me to check out ACT.

I'm so happy about the changes for healer dps and accuracy in general. I just hope there is better tuning now healers wont be melding ACC. I don't play a healer to dps. I do dps to make stuff go faster though of course.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some (a lot?) probably still won't, personally I'll be trying to DPS out the wazoo because i no longer have to worry about a random dps dying to stupid in 5 seconds after i enable cleric stance

10+ Year Old Account
    Even with these changes I bet you shit healers still wont DPS.
    Guess some people just enjoy logging in to the game and not playing it.

So baffling to watch WHM's in Ex roulette, throwing heals to full health targets instead of switching for DPS spells. But guess you can't do that while watching Netflix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyndeleron View Post
    One thing that popped in my mind about the main story skip / level boost... does this mean Heavensward included to all current ARR owners by June 16?
    Heavensward is included in Stormblood -expansion purchase.

There's also "Final Fantasy XIV Online Complete Edition".

Last edited by Anzaman; 2017-05-23 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Guess some people just enjoy logging in to the game and not playing it.

So baffling to watch WHM's in Ex roulette, throwing heals to full health targets instead of switching for DPS spells. But guess you can't do that while watching Netflix.
    Yup. I know such a person. He plays a Scholar just so he can literally do nothing and watch freaking Netflix. He also plays basically any class that enables that in be it FFXIV or WoW. I really don't get how someone finds fun in that. I mean yeah I get dungeons aren't the most... exciting content but if it's not fun why bother...

Either way has anyone decided to change their mains with the new info? I'm debating switching to my old main BRD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Either way has anyone decided to change their mains with the new info? I'm debating switching to my old main BRD.
    I'm completely stuck with choosing main DPS, but at least I already have all current jobs at level 60, so I can try them out fast.

They updated official Stormblood page with AF3, http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/stormb...edia/#artworks.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I doubt it'll be the norm. After all, a strong story is one of FF-XIVs selling points.
    And they did keep a story going for near 15 years in Final Fantasy XI with the final patch offering a resolution and conclusion to their tale.

I think the price is far too high for the MSQ skip potions. Then again, I do also think it should be included as a free of charge option for anyone who wants to play the game right off the bat too. Having to pay extra to opt out of developer concietedness isn't something I can support.
    I don't think it's conceited for a game designer to want you to play the game you just bought instead of skipping 90% of it and bitching on the forums about how the game is dead and there's nothing to do and there's not enough content. Which seems to be the norm for the types who tend to want to skip everything and only raid. I just can't get my head around "I bought this new game, I should get to skip all of it for free" mentality. Just doesn't compute for me.

The price for a level boost + MSQ skip combined is the same as buying a level boost on WoW. Just not including a free level boost in the expansion (which WoW didn't do for many many expansions.) Half the price if you want to skip MSQ but plan to grind your levels via dungeons/Fates/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    i actually think SAM would be one of the easier ones to use. just a simple resource bar and 3 light up icons.

i think they seemed more obnoxious because yoshi was setting them to max size.
    He seemed to suggest Samurai may seem tuned a little overpowered, but take some mastery to get there. Like an easy to play hard to master design. We'll see if that translates over.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I'm completely stuck with choosing main DPS, but at least I already have all current jobs at level 60, so I can try them out fast.

They updated official Stormblood page with AF3, http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/stormb...edia/#artworks.
    I disapprove of the summoner one the head dong isn't nearly long enough it should be at least 1-2 feet long now that they get to summon bahamut.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    I was pretty sold on samurai until I saw all of the new and excellent monk animations and abilities. So I'll be sticking with monk with MCH and DRG on the side.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

15+ Year Old Account
    MCH BRD and RDM for me gonna feel so good to be a mobile BRD once again.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

MCH is my current main. I intend to go through 4.0 as PLD for the sake of quicker queues as almost everybody is going to be queuing up as a DPS. I want to soak up the story and enjoy it without people spoiling it for me, so playing PLD makes that easier as it mitigates the amount of time spent standing around whilst waiting for a duty to pop.

Once at 70, we supposedly get decent armour through job quests which should be enough to sign up for the end game dungeons. I'll gather tomes through that particular method and also work on getting SAM from 50 to 70. I intend to make SAM into my new main but I want the hype surrounding it to die down a little. Assuming I enjoy it, I can use the tomes gathered on my PLD to gear it up.

That's my plan, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I don't think it's conceited for a game designer to want you to play the game you just bought instead of skipping 90% of it and bitching on the forums about how the game is dead and there's nothing to do and there's not enough content. Which seems to be the norm for the types who tend to want to skip everything and only raid. I just can't get my head around "I bought this new game, I should get to skip all of it for free" mentality. Just doesn't compute for me.
    I on the other hand think it's extremely arrogant for a developer to demand that you play the story in it's entirity. Even if you use the MSQ skip potion, you're still going to have to level, you're just free to do it your own way. You're not "skipping" anything but the cutscenes and unlock quests, allowing you to do the content you want, rather than the content the developers have mandated that you do in order to participate in anything but open world content.

I think of it like going to McDonalds and asking for no pickles on your burger. There's one small part of your meal that you dislike, but you can get it removed by simply asking for it. No fuss, no muss. The MSQ in FF 14 is the same kind of deal, people enjoy the rest of the game, there's just one minor detail that they would prefer not to have to deal with. These people are also paying customers, I don't see why they should pay extra to opt out of content they don't like doing.

Who are you to judge how someone plays their own job? Unless you're doing Savage content it doesn't matter at all and doesn't hurt anyone. If targets are full health then yeah I agree dpsing is better than absolutely nothing or overhealing but would I get mad if they weren't dpsing, no cause I'm not a dick nor is it affecting me.

- - - Updated - - -

I on the other hand think it's extremely arrogant for a developer to demand that you play the story in it's entirity. Even if you use the MSQ skip potion, you're still going to have to level, you're just free to do it your own way. You're not "skipping" anything but the cutscenes and unlock quests, allowing you to do the content you want, rather than the content the developers have mandated that you do in order to participate in anything but open world content.

I think of it like going to McDonalds and asking for no pickles on your burger. There's one small part of your meal that you dislike, but you can get it removed by simply asking for it. No fuss, no muss. The MSQ in FF 14 is the same kind of deal, people enjoy the rest of the game, there's just one minor detail that they would prefer not to have to deal with. These people are also paying customers, I don't see why they should pay extra to opt out of content they don't like doing.
    I absolutely agree and it's amazing so many people are getting mad over optional things that aren't even aimed towards them. Kids will literally bitch about anything so it's kinda expected, as sad as it is.

I think it's extremely arrogant to want to skip all of the content and go right to the end. If you dont like their content, dont play the game. Why is it just the mmo community that think their special and should not have to play the game. I can't load up other rpgs and just skip to the final bosses. I cant think of any other game where you can skip the story and just go right to the end. If you don't like the MSQ, you don't like the game. Plain and simple. Move on.