Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Bite buff + SOTF Buff

Soul of the Forest Your finishing moves deal 10% increased damage and grant 5 Energy per combo point spent. Feral Druid

Ferocious Bite (Feral) damage 5 points: [damage 600% of AP ]

That SOTF seems insane..

Now we only need to get the legendary ring that grants SOTF

feral is actually looking really interesting next patch.

FB buff looks nice.... But for SoTF it's nerf, and loss about 7-8% DPS (from calculations) for SoTF build (that is already behind SRoar or Incarn builds)... Looks like they remade it for new LegRing... But killing choice for a new leg... meh...

Quote Originally Posted by TorikSAn View Post
    FB buff looks nice.... But for SoTF it's nerf, and loss about 7-8% DPS (from calculations) for SoTF build (that is already behind SRoar or Incarn builds)... Looks like they remade it for new LegRing... But killing choice for a new leg... meh...
    No, the SotF change was a small buff to it, and makes it a lot less cancerous to play. And the FB buff makes SotF stronger as well.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    No, the SotF change was a small buff to it, and makes it a lot less cancerous to play. And the FB buff makes SotF stronger as well.
    Hm... I didn't played PTR yet. So my assumption made by calculations from my logs. I have ~20% RIP ~20% Rake ~20% Shred (no tier set bonus) ~10-12% FB 10-12% ShadowRip and rest other damage sources... With drop from 60 energy per Finisher to 25 energy per Finisher i lost 35 energy per finishers. I calced how much energy (-35 per finisher) i won't get. Then devide it by 40 => so this much Shreds i won't make. *1.65 that much CP i won't get from missed Shreds (~65% crit from Sherds). This missed FB lead to even more enegy losses (-25 energy per not made finisher) => and this cascade a little. In the end i got that i will miss about 45-50% of Shreds and FBs i've done previously. Or ~-15% Damage (20%*0.5+10%*0.5). New SoTF buffing Rip+ShadowRip (by 10% gives only ~3%) remaing FB (bacause look above i'll miss about 50% of them) 5-6% damage buffed by 30%(FB buff) and 10% (new SoTF) [6*1.3*1.1] (or +2.58% damage). So in the end we get -15%+3%+2.58% = ~-9% to DPS...

Logs and calculations is done with LegRing (200 energy cap, so you don't waste energy gains) and LegGloves (that give free CP from Bleeds, making it possible to make more energy from (half free) finishers), that looked like best legendary combo for SoTF (singe target DPS) from my experience.

If my calcs are wrong somewhere or missing smth i'll be happy. But i don't see it myself =(

My team myth+ (up to 15-18 after 7.2) logs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/17532 (example: +15 Xavius https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...translate=true)
    And some LFR logs (because we don't raid) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...translate=true
    Last edited by TorikSAn; 2017-05-18 at 08:41 AM.

I'm not certain because of the vague wording : is the 10% increase per cp or just a flat 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by Grenor View Post
    I'm not certain because of the vague wording : is the 10% increase per cp or just a flat 10%.
    If it's per combo point (or +50% 5 CP Finishers damage) then it's minor 1-2% damage buff (for my calculations), and large QOL buff for SoTF talent build.

It's flat.
    Tried w/o got 370 FB. Tried with and got 407 FB.
    Same for Rip. 10% flat dmg.

Deleted
    If it was 10% per combo point, it would be insanely strong as rip damage would go through the roof.

Deleted
    This looks so insane for PvP, honestly. Like imagine the pain you could inflict with a Bloodtalons, first 15 Sec. Berserk + TF Rip-spam on a 3s team. Add up the fact that a 5cp Rip almosts pays for itself and sprinkle a lil' Ashamane's Rip proc. ~awyiss
    Last edited by mmoc37859628ff; 2017-05-24 at 09:42 PM.

FB is buffed - SotF buffs both Rip and FB.

Of course SotF is buffed overall. Just think of all the times where SotF caps energy atm. That won't happen as much after this buff.

You know the original SotF gave more energy back right? It used to be 12 energy per combo point now it's 5. All this does is nerf the energy returns and give you 10% more damage, which is not 'insane for PvP.'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    You know the original SotF gave more energy back right? It used to be 12 energy per combo point now it's 5. All this does is nerf the energy returns and give you 10% more damage, which is not 'insane for PvP.'
    And the energy matters why? Energy Managment is only a problem if you dump your energy in to too many shreds, if you constantly get faked or if you don't run Savage Momentum for some odd reason. A flat damage increase for Rip should be really great for general purposes.
    Last edited by mmoc37859628ff; 2017-05-25 at 11:18 AM.

Because it's half of the ability? Because the only other part of the change is 10% damage buff which isn't 'insane for PvP'?

Because it's half of the ability? Because the only other part of the change is 10% damage buff which isn't 'insane for PvP'?
    I think the issue is that you tend to cap on energy with SOTF currently, so the simmed value of the extra energy doesn't equate to reality in many cases.

And in PVP, SR is already not used because it isn't realistic to maintain. However getting the extra energy from SOTF as well as a 10% buff on your bleeds is going to be fairly huge, and might put it over Incarn for the go to talent, since the playstyle is to spread as many bleeds as you can. SR is not really taken at all in PVP currently.

Deleted
    You still made no arguments as of why 50% damage increase to Rip and Ferocious Bite +refund of their cost in energy is bad for PvP, versus just a bunch of useless energy. (And don't tell me you're not going to use rip/fb at 5cp only, because otherwise it's a waste of damage and you're not even getting Ferocious Wound.)

The fact of the matter is, that scaled PvP energy regen is so high that we don't even need energy unless you're playing /w both Moonfire and Savage Roar which is a massive chore to keep up in 3s and worse overall since you lose Incarn; or if you're playing without Savage Momentum; or spamming too much of those 40 en Shreds.

Deleted
    You still made 0 arguments as of why having 50% damage increase + a refund in energy, to your Rips and Ferocious Bites is a bad thing for PvP in comparison to just a bunch of useless energy. ( And don't tell me you're not going to do purely 5cp rips/fbs, since anything else is a waste of dps and waste of Ferocious Wound).

Fact of the matter is, in scaled PvP our energy regen is so high that we don't need extra energy, unless you run BOTH Moonfire + Savage roar, which is a chore to keep up on more than 2 targets and is much worse than having Incarn; or if you again, don't use Savage momentum or if you can't play around fakes; or if spam too much of those 40en Shreds.
    Last edited by mmoc37859628ff; 2017-05-25 at 07:21 PM.

Where are you getting 50% from?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huuanu View Post
    Where are you getting 50% from?
    Soul of the Forest - Your finishing moves deal 10% increased damage and grant 5 Energy per combo point spent.
    E.g. if i use a 5 Combo Point Ferocious Bite it deals 50% Increased Damage and grants me 25 Energy.
    Last edited by mmoc37859628ff; 2017-05-26 at 08:09 AM.