Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Heroes Of The Storm's Second Anniversary

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)

Heroes of the Storm is about to turn two, and we want to thank all of YOU, our fearsome fighters, for coming on this epic journey with us. We couldn’t have gotten here without you and your incredible passion and dedication for the game—so we’re throwing an in-game party befitting of all of you Heroes! Celebrate the second anniversary of Heroes with us from the week of May 30 through June 12. Just log in and play to earn daily Loot Chests—plus an exclusive Banner, Portrait, and Spray!

Event Details:

• Duration: Week of May 30 – June 12
    • Daily Quest: Play 1 game in VS. AI, Quick Match, Unranked, or Ranked
      • Reward: One Common Loot Chest Per Day
    • Event Quest: Play 3 Games in VS. AI, Quick Match, Unranked, or Ranked during the Anniversary Event
      • Rewards:
        • Anniversary Portrait
        • Anniversary Spray
        • Anniversary Banner

Note: These anniversary items will be exclusive to this event and will not be available for Shard crafting or from Loot Chests.

Join us on Stream:

To kick off our anniversary event, we’ll be hosting an English-speaking stream on our official BlizzHeroes twitch channel at 10 a.m. PDT on June 5. Tune in for guests, games, giveaways, and more!

Thanks for joining us for these fantastic two years. Here’s to many more in the Nexus!

Free loot chest per day just for playing 1 game? Common or not, that's cool.

Don't really care about the portrait or spray and stuff, but all you gotta do to get them is play 3 games over a 12 day period? That won't take long to finish, heh.

seems kinda lame it couldent be an epic loot chest or rare one to match the blue/purple look for the items/nexus look
    but whatever

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, i hoped see anniversary bundle like year ago.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    And theyve again added "VS AI" to an event quest, completely and utterly nullifying the point of making people play PvP in a PvP game.

I think this game population still very low,i queue for quick match still have to waiting for 10min....

Quote Originally Posted by laumotor View Post
    I think this game population still very low,i queue for quick match still have to waiting for 10min....
    This is entirely dependent on your skill level. You're either a top tier Heroes player, or an extremely low tier player. Most queues are a few seconds, unless you are playing a new hero/rework.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm an Australian, which has a very small pool of players for Blizzard games usually, and at most wait 3-4 mins.

thats not how it works. thats not how any of this works.

No xp bonus? Lame...

Really? Mine is around 15-20 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    And theyve again added "VS AI" to an event quest, completely and utterly nullifying the point of making people play PvP in a PvP game.
    I agree, but a surprising number of people only play in vs AI, so best to keep them happy as well.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Stop quitting matches or AFKing and get booted and you won't end up in the leavers queue.

I never wait more than a few minutes. Are you leaving games or something a lot?

- - - Updated - - -

And yet if you go to the main page of this forum, and look at the thread just 2 threads down from this one, you will find people complaining about having to do QM to get their Nexus 2.0 event quests done, rather than being able to do it just in vs AI.

I'm glad we're getting a somewhat generic banner that fits any hero. No more having to use the pleb banner.

Why would they make people play pvp? Whats wrong with people playing vs. ai?
    It's not as if it makes any difference for Blizzard.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Why would they make people play pvp? Whats wrong with people playing vs. ai?
    It's not as if it makes any difference for Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    And yet if you go to the main page of this forum, and look at the thread just 2 threads down from this one, you will find people complaining about having to do QM to get their Nexus 2.0 event quests done, rather than being able to do it just in vs AI.
    People complaining about that are idiots. I really liked how you had to do QM games, because it means you're engaging more in the game and the community, you're not hiding away in an AI game, learning nothing and avoiding to take part in the game.
    They complain that they want VS AI because they want it to be easy, so that they dont have to make an effort or face other players. It completely ruins the point of the game and is unhealthy for the game.

It completely ruins the point of the game and is unhealthy for the game.
    Why? You will probably never see those people in normal games. How is that unhealty?
    If they just want their peace and easy games, where is the problem? They are not disturbing anyone.

you must be playing a popular hero, or have a low skill level, because i get into ques in about 2-3 mins max, there is different que times per hero, like right now trying to que as DVA will make your ques abit longer, you can see their que time when you hover over them, also only playing assassins will also increase your que time, support and tanks are faster

- - - Updated - - -

People complaining about that are idiots. I really liked how you had to do QM games, because it means you're engaging more in the game and the community, you're not hiding away in an AI game, learning nothing and avoiding to take part in the game.
    They complain that they want VS AI because they want it to be easy, so that they dont have to make an effort or face other players. It completely ruins the point of the game and is unhealthy for the game.
    forcing the casuals to go to pvp is not a good thing, no one likes it
    the person forced to go from AI to PVP doesent like it
    the people on their team do not like it because they may not be skilled enough
    get your hentai sig outta here and stop speaking for the community when it is pretty obvious FORCING people to go from AI into PVP is good for no one.
    people play AI if they are bad at the game, tired, high, playing a hero they have never played before to level/complete quest, etc, we dont want those people in pvp matches. sometimes they will even AFK because they hate pvp

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Why? You will probably never see those people in normal games. How is that unhealty?
    If they just want their peace and easy games, where is the problem? They are not disturbing anyone.
    Because this is a PvP game. I'm not saying they're bad people. I'm saying that people should be encouraged to engage other people in a pvp game to promote a healthy community and player numbers, the latter leading to a better matchmaking.
    To let people avoid or minimize their contact with other people in a PvP game feels counterproductive and in the end not healthy for the game. Know what I mean?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you must be playing a popular hero, or have a low skill level, because i get into ques in about 2-3 mins max, there is different que times per hero, like right now trying to que as DVA will make your ques abit longer, you can see their que time when you hover over them, also only playing assassins will also increase your que time, support and tanks are faster

- - - Updated - - -

forcing the casuals to go to pvp is not a good thing, no one likes it
    the person forced to go from AI to PVP doesent like it
    the people on their team do not like it because they may not be skilled enough
    get your hentai sig outta here and stop speaking for the community when it is pretty obvious FORCING people to go from AI into PVP is good for no one.
    people play AI if they are bad at the game, tired, high, playing a hero they have never played before to level/complete quest, etc, we dont want those people in pvp matches. sometimes they will even AFK because they hate pvp
    Then I sincerely don't think they should be playing. Letting people avoid playing against other players will lead to lower player numbers and worse games.
    They don't like it because they've been allowed to hide in a bubble where they don't have to be challenged or learn anything. If they dont play, they dont learn. You create a loop. If that's the kind of thing you like then you shouldn't be playing a PvP game. That's my opinion on this matter.

I'm not speaking for the community I'm speaking for myself. I never, ever said I was speaking for the community. You however, seem to think so. But hey! What do I know, right? And if you have to derail this and you can't keep to the subject. If you're so petty that you think someones avatar and signature invalidates their opinions just because you don't like it, you have NO right to take the highground on me.

And they will keep being bad at the game because they never challenge themselves, never try to learn. That should not be encouraged.
    AI is great for testing a new hero, yes, learning the ropes so to speak. Play a few games to familiarize yourself with the talents and playstyle. But to keep learning, to keep getting better and face a challenge you must play other people. Your kind of defeatist, coddling attitude is something I don't really understand. I mean no offense, but I just can't grasp that kind of...well, safety bubble behavior.
    Then quite frankly, they don't belong in this game and that kind of behavior should be punished.

It's like asking for AI in Playerunknown's Battlegrounds because "you dont like pvp". It would defeat the entire meaning of the game. The spirit of it.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2017-05-26 at 04:08 PM.

Because this is a PvP game.
    Not for everybody.

I play vs AI much more than I do PVP. For me, Heroes is a collecting game where I can PVP. At the moment, I value loot boxes much more highly than boosting my MMR. If I can continue progress through vsAI, obtaining gold and loot boxes to unlock new heroes and skins, then that's the way I play. My hopes are that they add PVE maps to the game eventually.

I see this game as the same as Starcraft. Sure PVP is the emphasis that everyone knows the game for (aside from story campaign) but that's not the only way to play. It just happens that Heroes doesn't have custom maps or co-op mode or any of the other flavours that their other RTS have enjoyed. Even DOTA2 has its first co-op campaign added now.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-05-26 at 08:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.