Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacu View Post
    I don't understand this claim of "using the wrist is bad". Occupational therapy suggests (actually proves) that fine motor tasks (such as aiming a cursor with a mouse) is much more efficient and effective when using your wrist and fingers for movement (another example would be using a pencil to write). Using your arm for cursor movements is much less efficient than using your wrists/fingers. I'm not saying you can't get good by using your arm (obviously you can according to this post), but it is, objectively, much less efficient.
    Arm for big movements, wrist for small ones. Easy.

If you care about pixel skip don't drop your DPI too low, 1200-1600 with low sensitivity seems to be the best while keeping pixel skip to a minimum

I could see how that would work. Yes close range fights suck. I play on 1400 DPI with a 2.5 game sens. It does take a bit of work to do a 180 lol

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacu View Post
    I don't understand this claim of "using the wrist is bad". Occupational therapy suggests (actually proves) that fine motor tasks (such as aiming a cursor with a mouse) is much more efficient and effective when using your wrist and fingers for movement (another example would be using a pencil to write). Using your arm for cursor movements is much less efficient than using your wrists/fingers. I'm not saying you can't get good by using your arm (obviously you can according to this post), but it is, objectively, much less efficient.
    By "bad" I meant that it will probably lead to repetitive strain injury. I'm not a doctor or any sort of professional. It just seems logical that the more muscles you use, the greater your muscle memory is. Again, I'm no expert. In my experience I have found that aiming with my arm at lower sensitivity yields more consistent results. It's more about consistency than it is efficiency. If efficiency was all that mattered the pros would be using crazy high DPI and sens. It's all about getting the most accurate and precise result, not so much about how much effort/energy is used.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    If you care about pixel skip don't drop your DPI too low, 1200-1600 with low sensitivity seems to be the best while keeping pixel skip to a minimum
    Pixel skipping is so annoying. Have been playing on 1600 DPI every since I know about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Senistian View Post
    I could see how that would work. Yes close range fights suck. I play on 1400 DPI with a 2.5 game sens. It does take a bit of work to do a 180 lol
    Your eDPI is pretty much what im playing with as well. Perfect for me close range and long range.

Quote Originally Posted by magusfrostus View Post
    Pixel skipping is so annoying. Have been playing on 1600 DPI every since I know about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Your eDPI is pretty much what im playing with as well. Perfect for me close range and long range.
    Exactly, I can still get a tracer/genji and I can be accurate when I need to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senistian View Post
    Exactly, I can still get a tracer/genji and I can be accurate when I need to be.
    same for me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Mercy, Rein and Winston I can understand, but Lucio? Being able to hit left click is kinda important.

Besides, what resolution you playing at? I'm running ~5k effective DPI on a 4k monitor and it's still kinda hard to aim long-range
    Why play overwatch on 4k? Just go 1080p with the highest fps possible.

Deleted
    Played with it for a couple of days now and I must say that my aim is way more consistent and my aim got a lot better and champs like mccree. Definitely worth it for me.

Deleted
    I'm on 800 dpi and 5.5 sens. It's a bit too fast for me overall to track consistently I'd say and I do aim with my wrists instead of my arm (I have the desk space and a massive mouse mat to aim with my arm comfortably).

Going to experiment a bit with maybe a higher DPI and a lower sensitivity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    I'm on 800 dpi and 5.5 sens. It's a bit too fast for me overall to track consistently I'd say and I do aim with my wrists instead of my arm (I have the desk space and a massive mouse mat to aim with my arm comfortably).

I'm at 1,000/4.1 and it's working pretty well for me (outside of Genji hopping everywhere)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    I'm at 1,000/4.1 and it's working pretty well for me (outside of Genji hopping everywhere)
    I'm not your best FPS player, since I hardly play the genre. I am a decently accurate guy though, but I want to get better and I don't think my current settings facilitate this. I think being a bit slower on aim movement but more consistent in tracking targets is what I need.

Deleted

There is still much room for you to lower your sensitivity withot it being too low. So go for it!

10+ Year Old Account
    https://pyrolistical.github.io/overwatch-dpi-tool/

I found that site today. It may be all in my head, but it does seem slightly easier to hit folks now. I wasn't that far off with skipped frames, but it feels better in my mind at least

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    https://pyrolistical.github.io/overwatch-dpi-tool/

I found that site today. It may be all in my head, but it does seem slightly easier to hit folks now. I wasn't that far off with skipped frames, but it feels better in my mind at least
    If it works, it works.

Deleted
    I'm not your best FPS player, since I hardly play the genre. I am a decently accurate guy though, but I want to get better and I don't think my current settings facilitate this. I think being a bit slower on aim movement but more consistent in tracking targets is what I need.
    Lower your settings a bit then. Won't hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently playing on a desk at my family's house that's like... L shaped, and I have over a foot and a half on one side of my laptop. So, I tried out Taimu's settings, and my entire arm is THROBBING. I played McCree for one QP game, got gold elims (which, admittedly, wouldn't have happened with me playing at my old sensitivity and DPI), but I basically had to retrain myself to stay back, not to engage up close, and be prepared to whip the fuck around when a Tracer or Reaper tries to push. So, my body (my BOODY) is telling nooo, but my heart... is tellin me yeeEEeeus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthburt View Post
    I'm currently playing on a desk at my family's house that's like... L shaped, and I have over a foot and a half on one side of my laptop. So, I tried out Taimu's settings, and my entire arm is THROBBING. I played McCree for one QP game, got gold elims (which, admittedly, wouldn't have happened with me playing at my old sensitivity and DPI), but I basically had to retrain myself to stay back, not to engage up close, and be prepared to whip the fuck around when a Tracer or Reaper tries to push. So, my body (my BOODY) is telling nooo, but my heart... is tellin me yeeEEeeus.
    Stick with it!

Deleted
    I don't get some of you. I am playing on the same sens as Taimou and it's not that big of a deal (I am Widow player on 3900SR atm).
    On the other hand I can't even imagine my sens go lower like Ryujehong... thats insane.
    Also it all depends of your character. Playing tracer or genji on low sens... should be a nightmare

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by predTV View Post
    I don't get some of you. I am playing on the same sens as Taimou and it's not that big of a deal (I am Widow player on 3900SR atm).
    On the other hand I can't even imagine my sens go lower like Ryujehong... thats insane.
    Also it all depends of your character. Playing tracer or genji on low sens... should be a nightmare
    Ryujehong's sensitivity isn't that much lower though: http://prosettings.net/overwatch-pro...ngs-gear-list/